Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2017 1:41 PM

Apr 2016
I'm extremely curious about this insane plot twist that everyone is talking about which supposedly going to make up for the generic garbage we've been watching for 5 episodes now.
Jan 28, 2017 3:57 PM

Oct 2012
That turned into harem quickly. But really, for me, both Tomo-chan and Sara are more interesting than main heroine but it's just obvious they won't win. Not that Fuuka is bad either but I almost always favor underdogs.

The episode was good I guess. Again, that boob-trip fanservice and all the blushing on Sara's side was bit overdone and unnecessary but other than that the developement was fine.
Jan 28, 2017 6:59 PM

May 2016
Sara did Yuno's (Mirai Nikki) face in restaurant. It was my first thought. She is so damn cute !!!
Jan 28, 2017 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
With the introduction of 'major coincidence' inccident, now its confirm that we will see three girls will have a good fight for Yuu.

Another 'meh' episode but! I must admit that 'major coincidence' inccident was pretty cool but with one great flaw! why didnt acctually Yuu didnt move from that place as others went out???
Jan 28, 2017 11:11 PM

Dec 2009
Holy flying fuck... now that's hardcore gap moe.

They sure got all this skill outa nowhere... i wish they sounded more like they were rookies.....
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 28, 2017 11:51 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't even notice until this episode that the OP started with the original Hedgehogs band:

So that's why they censored them from episode 2 ~ 4

I must be as dense as the MC to not even notice.
AnimeMangaGamer-Jan 29, 2017 12:28 AM
Jan 29, 2017 2:28 AM

Aug 2013
On one hand, I'm glad that they're staying reltaively faithful to the manga with this adaptation. If only KNIM was that lucky.

Even character design wise, aside from some color choices, they all match pretty well. They even seem to have Seo-sensei's trademark missile boobs. If they do this show any justice, then by fucking god, when this show gets BDs, the nakes fan service better have full missile boobs. It's the lord's will.

On the other hand, I'm kind of glad people are seeing the story for the shit it is. Like...it's really not great. It's clear that when Seo was writing this (particularly in the later chaps that wont get adapted), that he has essentially zero knowledge of the music industry, or bands in general.

It's incredibly generic, with some forced drama, awkward high school romance, wimpy MC, but with some music thrown in. The sad thing is, these are kind of the better chapters too before the infamous chap/episode will happen and shit just turns into an awkward clusterfuck.

I'm predicting it's going to happen in episode 7 or 8. Which will leave a handful of episodes for some really weird ending. There isn't really a good way to get to the optimal ending point for the anime without cutting out lots of shit.

Also find it weird how Tomomi-sensei, member of the hedgehogs and voiced by the goddess Hikasa Yoko, is at the bottom of the credits and doesn't even have an image. Meanwhile Fuuka's parents who had 6 seconds of screen time and probably wont be seen again in the show are way up there.

Tama is credited (but without a pic), but Nico isn't credited, which doesn't make much sense either.
Jan 29, 2017 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
i guess Sara is already my favorite character haha
the part where they found out they were twitter friends was my favorite scene in this episode
3.5/5
Jan 29, 2017 6:09 AM

Aug 2013
dankzel said:
rsc-pl said:
With only 12 episodes and pace like this, they will end it in worst possible place.

Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 29, 2017 6:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
lol having Koyuki visit Yuu's house eh
So they live nearby eh

Lol Yuu and Koyuki's interactions as they looked at that album was so cute
lol they're both so conscious of each other

lol Yuu letting slip the fact that he liked Koyuki back then
Yes Yuu you really said something that you shouldn't have
But its to see that Koyuki is happy that her crush on Yuu was not one sided

Lol Yuu being strung along with Mikasa
To think that they would have the band that they admired teaching them
It must be amazing to them lol

Hmm the new character sure is tool but also mysterious as well
Practice always makes perfect as the old saying goes
But playing a song right off the bat seems hard

Lol First time players would need time to get used to the instruments in question
hmm so the girl that they met in school was the younger sister of their instructor eh
Despite having good skills in playing a guitar not having any communication skills is a bad thing for a band

Lol Fuuka can be quite unpredictable eh
Lol Yuu tripping and landing there of all places
After what happened it will be strange for Sara not to glare at you lol

Lol Yuu had to work hard for their first song then lol
Lol his reaction though
Lol leaving Yuu alone with Sara

Lol the twitter conversation that Yuu had with Admiral was funny
lol the admiral was in fact Sara eh
wow she's pretty different from her usual self when she's online lol

Wow Sara's reaction then was pretty dramatic
and lol her character had totally changed now
Hmm so in a way Sara is like Yuu in that both are socially awkward eh
Sara is pretty talkative now eh lol

Hmm this episode also gives us a little insight into the motivations for each of the characters eh. So Makoto wanted to do music but his father didn't agree eh
And Naichi really did want to get to the nationals for track

Its nice seeing each of them find the courage and the determination in their new found roles though Yuu especially
Its nice that Sara is no longer the silent brooding girl from before though
Lol the rest of the cast picking up on this as well Yuu's interactions with her

Wow Nachi having all that gear in his garage though
its a great place to practice though
Nachi's retort to Makoto though lol

Looks like their practice has paid off as they seem to be much better
Bands are like that though in that each part of a band is like a component that when formed together combine to make amazing things

Still some mistakes but still a great performance
Fuuka's voice is still as good but the keyboards and drums were also good
Sara was amazing on Guitar
Its nice that Yuu is starting to enjoy being in a band though

Overall a good episode
Seeing Koyuki's reaction at finding out that Yuu still liked her was nice
And seeing Sara's introduction and her gradual change in character as she finds that her friend that she talked a lot with on twitter was actually Yuu was also refreshing. Her normal brooding personality really didn't suit her. Seeing the determination of the main cast and seeing them motivate themselves for the band was also nice to see. The final performance in the episode though still having some mistakes was also pretty good and much better than their first performance back in the studio. Looks like there might be a triangle between Sara, Fuuka and Yuu though. But man Fuuka really dropped a bomb there though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2017 7:01 AM

Apr 2013
rsc-pl said:
dankzel said:

Jan 29, 2017 11:37 AM

Sep 2013
Is Twitter the new 'chick-magnet'?????? So if wimpy MC uses twitter and gets a harem of 3 girls, wonder what would be the average twitter harem members would be.....

Even though I have low expectations of the plot and character depth, using outdated plot points doesn't impressed me. Add to that the instrument learning was done in Hyperbolic Time chamber, bahhhhhhhh too much complaining.........where are you Koyuki-chan!!!!!
Jan 29, 2017 2:22 PM

Nov 2011
Sara senpai enters the mix and her VA nailed her voice. Such a beauty <33
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 29, 2017 4:32 PM
Apr 2009
dankzel said:
rsc-pl said:

Jan 29, 2017 5:49 PM

Jul 2008
Honestly, out of the 3 girls (Sara, Fuuka, and Koyuki), I think Sara is the best one for Yuu :D the storyline in the show isn't the best but I love the music in it.
Jan 29, 2017 8:53 PM

Oct 2016
Classic Seo Kouji. As if 2 girls aren't enough.

btw, you're in the wrong anime, Senjougahara-san
Jan 29, 2017 9:51 PM
Oct 2016
Visuals, Music, Characters, etc... I love them all. I just enjoy the anime overall, cuz it's fun to watch. :)
Jan 30, 2017 1:25 PM
Mar 2012
that fast flipping tsundere tweeter is a fun addition. Sara's pro but now there's two violent tsuns mc needs to bear.
the gay love triangle lol
Jan 30, 2017 7:32 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The love square has formed! I didn't expect Sara to be one of Yuu's twitter pals. I honestly thought all of them were his sisters just messing with him. I liked Sara when she was cold, but I like her even more. She's supremely cute; and has a rocking (pun intended) body. Now I'm not sure who best girl is, still leaning towards Fuuka.

Koyuki isn't getting a lot of screen time though, but I understand since she's strictly just romance as compared to Fuuka and Sara who attend school with Yuu and have a band.

Man, there are a lot of conveniences in this show. I can't help but point them out and tease them as I watch. Especially how Yuu can all of a sudden play Bass after one night of practice. I still really enjoy this show though.
Jan 31, 2017 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
Todd_ said:
Especially how Yuu can all of a sudden play Bass after one night of practice. I still really enjoy this show though.
In manga it was many days.

Also after the practice
mozgowJan 31, 2017 10:59 AM
Jan 31, 2017 11:24 AM
Mar 2016
Oh now Sara appears, and it looks like she competition to Yuu's affection,

Sara's guitar slap on Yuu kind reminds me of this:
Cu'z it seem that her guitar isn't just an instrument, it's her weapon as well.
Feb 1, 2017 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
Sara bout to be the best girl
Feb 2, 2017 9:51 AM
Jan 2016
I massively appreciate the nuances in the instruments each time I hear them play 'Climbers High' as a guitar player myself. I guess it's to show the different guitar players style and abilities as they progress, but it's massively refreshing to not hear the same version of the song reused over and over.
Feb 2, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2011
I'm actually starting to really like this.
Feb 4, 2017 2:51 PM

Feb 2008
Yuu went for the kill right off the bat and got killed in return. Hilarious!

Sara's transformation was a bit extreme, though...
Feb 5, 2017 5:47 PM

Nov 2010
This episode is also clumsy as usual, but I found it enjoyable to watch the tsundere development. The point is sometimes some kind of people can talk more naturally through the filter of the tools than real relationship.
Feb 6, 2017 4:57 AM

Jul 2008
SchwingBoner said:
The part about Yuu and Sara learning that they've been twitter friends all along was really nice.

Holy crap the Sara reveal...the Harem grows by one and instantly she became my number one.
Feb 11, 2017 12:39 AM

Oct 2008
Visuals of the OP has change and gone better!
Sara Iwami is so hot! her char design on anime is on the same par as the manga!
4/5.

Feb 21, 2017 6:34 AM

Dec 2012
I laughed so hard when Yuu realized that Sarah (Senjougahara) was Yamato his Twitter friend, and how her personality did a complete 360 LMAO!

Feb 26, 2017 4:47 AM

Jul 2009
So Sara is finally in the band.
Mar 29, 2017 5:55 PM

May 2015

The thing is I thought this was a romance anime like its predecessor but with the new girl it looks like this is going to go the harem route(?)
Apr 12, 2017 10:02 AM
Apr 2017
Sara reminds me of Seiko from HOTD
Apr 25, 2017 2:53 PM

May 2012
Wonderfull development I must say! Really looking forward to see what's next, the character development is just superb.
May 18, 2017 1:26 AM

Mar 2015
Wow Sara-senpai is hella hot!

Nice to see they can get together to jam
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 22, 2019 8:02 AM

Aug 2014
That was very funny episode
I won't believe that they managed to learn so much after one night... still it sounded more like professionals tried to make many mistakes and not like amateurs trying hard ;d

I don't get it why this anime got so low score
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 20, 2023 4:58 PM
Jul 2019
I love that online friend troupe and I feel it's rare to see it
Apr 27, 2023 4:15 PM
Feb 2019
Sara best waifu...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

227 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 12, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.