Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 4, 2017 6:51 PM

Apr 2016
It's not uncommon in the anime community for something like that to happen, but i'm curious, what do you guys do when you see someone hating on your favorite series ? Do you start a discussion/argument with that person on why they hate the particular series you like or do you just ignore them and move on ?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2017 6:54 PM

Aug 2015
I go to their profile on MAl, see what they're favorites are, see something I don't like, realize they have shit taste so their opinion is irrelevant, then move on with my life without saying anything.
Jan 4, 2017 6:55 PM

Dec 2014
I just ignore them and move on for the most part, as it is just their opinion about the series (people have different mindsets, that is). But the story is different when they do not only bash the series but also bash the people who like them. I have my own special way to deal with situations like this.
KOZ8888Jan 4, 2017 6:59 PM
Jan 4, 2017 6:55 PM

Jun 2015
Please, my favourites aren't hyped enough to hate.
Jan 4, 2017 6:56 PM

Apr 2016
I accept critisicm. There are some points I dislike about my favorite series, but I can bear that and enjoy the show.

It's all about enjoyment, you can tell 'em what you liked or just ignore them. I already had an argument with friends who disliked my favorite shoes, guess what, we are still friends and respect each others opinion, because I try to be open minded when it comes to critique.

Sometimes I turn into a fanboy c:
Jan 4, 2017 6:57 PM

Feb 2015
Vlad4o said:
It's not uncommon in the anime community for something like that to happen

Dude, this is the reason why you don't drink low concentration of bleach. You drink high concentration!

Jan 4, 2017 6:57 PM

Apr 2014
Nobody hates my favourites, so I can't relate.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Jan 4, 2017 6:59 PM

Jun 2015
i don't really care so i move on unless the person starts a discussion. Discussions are fun, and i can get a new perspective on things
Jan 4, 2017 7:00 PM

Dec 2015
I ignore them, especially if it's just hate and not legitimate criticism, it's their opinion anyway.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 4, 2017 7:01 PM

Aug 2013
If it gives an extended opinion I read it since it's interesting to see other points of view and maybe I can discover things I hadn't noticed before. If it just insults or anything else, maybe giving a too simple explanation, it's not something I can give enough value to. The point is that people have different opinions and I accept that one way or another as long as it has a good basis, if not I just ignore it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 2016
_Ako_ said:
Vlad4o said:
It's not uncommon in the anime community for something like that to happen

Dude, this is the reason why you don't drink low concentration of bleach. You drink high concentration!

I laughed my ass off at this comment for some reason.

Sep 2016
I... Don't care. Because it's a hobby. And subjectiveness, and all that.
Talk shit to me and so help me fucking god, I'll come over there and do absolutely nothing.
Jan 4, 2017 7:02 PM

Oct 2012
I'm usually up for defending Evangelion. The rest of my favorites, eh, I don't have enough know-how to have meaty discussions with someone, so I often opt out to say much of anything.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 4, 2017 7:06 PM

Jan 2016
I will fight anyone that hates my favorite shows to the death.

Ok but seriously it depends on the situation. If someone is just hating for the sake of hating then I generally ignore them. If they have legitimate criticism then I often times discuss the show with them.

Jan 4, 2017 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
i rarelly will bother to discuss, most of the time im just like

Jan 4, 2017 7:08 PM

Apr 2016
Ratchetdude231 said:
I will fight anyone that hates my favorite shows to the death.

Ok but seriously it depends on the situation. If someone is just hating for the sake of hating then I generally ignore them. If they have legitimate criticism then I often times discuss the show with them.

Same, though often when i try to discuss it with some people the only explanation they give me is "because it's shit".
Jan 4, 2017 7:08 PM

May 2015
I am me, and they are them. That is all...
Jan 4, 2017 7:09 PM

Feb 2010
If we're talking about actual hate then I feel sad that something that brings me so much joy only makes them hateful and bitter. I have nothing but pity for those poor souls.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 4, 2017 7:11 PM

Dec 2016
I mostly ignore unless the hater directly bashes me or calls me out at the same time, like in a comment or a post. With my current favourites being Tiger and Bunny (has 0 hate) and Yuri on Ice (loads of them), the latter has gained popularity along with fans and haters.

I had an argument today with some on Crunchy's YT comment section about the animeawards. Clearly you are doing wrong if you only pick the shows you watched..... They are really annoying.
Jan 4, 2017 7:16 PM

Jun 2016
I will try to argue why I think my favorite series are the best, then I will look at their favorite animes to know their taste (maybe we are just too different from each other).
Then again people have different taste and opinion on things so we may not agree with each other. The important thing is we respect the opinion of one another and he/she understand why I love them and of course I understand why he hate them
And also he must defend himself on why he hate that series
I hate it and will probably ignore him in the future if he hate the series just because its popular or just for the sake of hating -_-
Jan 4, 2017 7:17 PM

Nov 2014
i don't care, why would i value the opinion of a person i don't know nor care about?
Jan 4, 2017 7:18 PM

Jan 2016
I politely explain how they are wrong, while, IRL, secretly screaming in pure rage about how stupid they are.
"I'm gonna move it today! The mountain! The galaxy! Listen to my song!"
-Nekki Basara, Macross 7
Jan 4, 2017 7:27 PM

Apr 2016
Cross said:
I go to their profile on MAl, see what they're favorites are, see something I don't like, realize they have shit taste so their opinion is irrelevant, then move on with my life without saying anything.

Wow, that's pretty much me sometimes.
Jan 4, 2017 7:35 PM
Dec 2015
I'll usually see how different their tastes are first and can ignore something if we are just opposites. If we have some level of similarity, I'll usually ask why they disliked it. I may debate a bit if I disagree highly, or I may understand the reason even if I myself don't empathize with it. That being said, I find it disheartening when someone hate a series that effected me deeply on an emotional level because that is sort of like hating my personal values and experiences which led me to feel emotional in the first place.
Jan 4, 2017 7:44 PM
Mar 2016
I'll just make a sarcasm then make them don't want to reply my posts anymore
Jan 4, 2017 7:46 PM

Jun 2016
I don't do anything about it. Not everyone will like what you like. I think the world is better this way, anyways. Disagreements on series make it more interesting to discuss.

The shows I hate are probably someone's favorites, too.

behind these hills
i'm reaching for the heights

Jan 4, 2017 7:56 PM

Jun 2011
Shoryu said:
I'm usually up for defending Evangelion. The rest of my favorites, eh, I don't have enough know-how to have meaty discussions with someone, so I often opt out to say much of anything.

Eva is worth defending.

... Yugioh... lol... I don't know if I could.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 4, 2017 7:57 PM

May 2016
Cross said:

This is the best way to do things and it saves the trouble of having to argue with their puny brains.
Jan 4, 2017 7:58 PM

Oct 2012
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Shoryu said:

Eva is worth defending.

LOL'd at your signature ^.~

Hm, why not just challenge them to a D-D-DUEL?

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 4, 2017 7:59 PM
Jan 2017
I kinda feel bad tbh, and that happens a lot considering what I like is super controversial lol
Jan 4, 2017 8:02 PM

Jun 2011
Shoryu said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

Eva is worth defending.

LOL'd at your signature ^.~

Hm, why not just challenge them to a D-D-DUEL?
I did place in top 20 in regionals in 2011... lol. maybe

My signature is totally brilliant and 100% true. Been in that fight too many times. And... funniest crap ever is that they always support Rei x Shinji for which there is always less evidence.

Oh and to let you know... ep 12 Yuri on Ice... people are still calling it bait... still saying they aren't in a relationship.
Energetic-NovaJan 4, 2017 8:05 PM
Jan 4, 2017 8:03 PM
Jul 2016
Typically I keep my mouth shut unless one of the following is true:

1. Said person resorts to using derogatory puns (i.e. "Sh*t Art Online" or "Code Gayass.") At that point, I politely inform them that it's hard to take them seriously when they're so insecure about their own position that they have to prop it up with childish insults.

Or, if I'm feeling lazy, I just break out the time-honored "What are you, twelve?" rebuttal.

Edit: The one exception is when people call Yuri on Ice "Yaoi on Ice," because I find it flippin' hilarious and I've never actually seen the show.

2. Said person mercilessly bashes Code Geass while simultaneously praising Guilty Crown for having a fantastic story. Yes, I've seen people do this, and they weren't trolling.

Occasionally, though, I'll step in anyway.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Jan 4, 2017 8:08 PM

May 2016
Nah m8, when it comes to hate, everything is pointless. No amounts of logical, factual points presented will ever stop the flames of hatred from eternally burning.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jan 4, 2017 8:10 PM

Jun 2011
Phendrus said:

1. Said person resorts to using derogatory puns (i.e. "Sh*t Art Online" or "Code Gayass.") At that point, I politely inform them that it's hard to take them seriously when they're so insecure about their own position that they have to prop it up with childish insults.

Or, if I'm feeling lazy, I just break out the time-honored "What are you, twelve?" rebuttal.

Edit: The one exception is when people call Yuri on Ice "Yaoi on Ice," because I find it flippin' hilarious and I've never actually seen the show.

2. Said person mercilessly bashes Code Geass while simultaneously praising Guilty Crown for having a fantastic story. Yes, I've seen people do this, and they weren't trolling.

Yu-Gay-oh! Everyone thinks it is the best joke ever. Maybe it is. *points at avatar*
*Looks suspiciously at the fanbase* Yaoi on ice is really annoying for me... lol. but Yu-Gay-Oh has grown on me.
Jan 4, 2017 8:12 PM

Jun 2015
It's very common to me.
I get surprised for a few moments, and think to myself: "How? How in the world it is possible anyone hating this??" Then I realize that we are all different and we don't have all the same tastes nor opinions.
I enjoyed the show and it's what matters to me, if others didn't enjoy, too bad.

Then, I ignore and just move on.
Jan 4, 2017 8:15 PM

Dec 2015
when someone says they hate one of my favourite anime, I ask them what they like. They usually say Tokyo Ghoul or Attack on Titan. I just stop talking to them and continue feeling sorry for their existence.
no
Jan 4, 2017 8:16 PM

Apr 2016
*insert obligatory TRIGGERED meme here*
Jan 4, 2017 8:19 PM
Mar 2016
Phendrus said:

Haven't seen Guilty Crown, but I think those people are minority. Majority prefer CG than GC
Jan 4, 2017 8:20 PM

Aug 2016
Ah.. I dont know why but that does make me sad.. but maybe that's just because I'm too girly. My favorites don't get much hate except maybe YOI, but that's mainly because it's popular. YOI discussion topics aren't really all rainbows and fluff (unlike the show itself). People here can be really harsh and I'm like wow calm down that's my favorite show :c

I don't really get why people would take the time to hate another show but that's probably because I don't think there's even one anime I hated so far.
dino-chanJan 4, 2017 8:25 PM
Jan 4, 2017 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah I don't really care to be honest.
Jan 4, 2017 8:27 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
considering im "on a mission to convert everyone on MAL into an ecchi fan" all hate will not be tolerated

>:O
Jan 4, 2017 8:34 PM

Jun 2015
Phendrus said:

I've seen people that did that about CG and SAO, I posted a comment like I didn't know what hes was talking about, because there wasn't any anime with that name. Laughing to myself, and move on... nothing more nothing less.

In point 2 you mencioned, I've seen aswell, but I didn't said anything, it's their opinion I don't agree, but respect, that's all. The popularity of the shows and the score, talk by itself.

Sometimes, I doubt they believe in what they saying, it's just hate, but whatever, I don't care, you are free to hate what you want, I don't realy care.
Jan 4, 2017 8:49 PM
Jan 2015
I usually just try to ignore it. Dealing with to much negativity is bad for your health.
My Queens

Jan 4, 2017 9:02 PM

May 2012
I rarely ever discuss it with random people since I only really care about a friend's opinion.

But still... a piece of my soul dies whenever I see someone hating my favorites, especially when the argument is so lousy T_T

Regardless, I don't really have a problem with anyone disliking or hating my favorites and won't go out of my way to defend it if I see someone hating on it.

Jan 4, 2017 9:07 PM

Feb 2013
i go like KISAMAAAA and slap them with a glove as sign for a katana duel
Jan 4, 2017 9:14 PM

Mar 2016
Brb said:
Please, my favourites aren't hyped enough to hate.

Oh yeah...

Rain is just a story about the biggest Gary Stu of all time
Main female in last game is literally an idiot (jk I liked last game a lot)

I forget what else was on your list
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2017 9:18 PM

Jun 2011
dinokip said:
Ah.. I dont know why but that does make me sad.. but maybe that's just because I'm too girly. My favorites don't get much hate except maybe YOI, but that's mainly because it's popular. YOI discussion topics aren't really all rainbows and fluff (unlike the show itself). People here can be really harsh and I'm like wow calm down that's my favorite show :c

I don't really get why people would take the time to hate another show but that's probably because I don't think there's even one anime I hated so far.

I have been feeling the same way. Yuri on Ice is the first time I felt the heat as a yaoi fan...
Jan 4, 2017 9:32 PM

Mar 2012
Prince said:
Nobody hates my favourites, so I can't relate.
The person you've been waiting for is here! Now even you can relate ^_^

OT: If it was a few years ago it would have bothered me, now I honestly don't care, the more people hate Kyo Kara Maoh the better for me because first time watches are only attracted mostly to Wolfram unfortunately, I'd rather have people hate the series than have more Wolfram fujoshits around. The blonde bishie has everyone under his gay spell after all.
Jan 4, 2017 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
Nothing. What would I do? Kill them?
Jan 4, 2017 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
Then I also hate their favorites...
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

130 by Daviljoe193 »»
2 minutes ago

» why are anime sometimes divided into 2 parts of 12 episodes instead of 24 episodes?

Tsuyatoash - 18 minutes ago

5 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime worlds you would rather live in

ST63LTH - 24 minutes ago

7 by Eleben »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think 3-episode reviews are valid?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 29

46 by DarkShame2 »»
7 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

83 by DarkShame2 »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.