Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »
May 11, 2016 12:08 PM
Dec 2014
Well that was sick. Already had high expectations for this show and the first episode didn't disappoint.
May 16, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2013
EGOIST opening stong + Hiroyuki Sawano + WIT

A great start. The anime has "AOT" vibe, because both of them are produced by the WIT Studio. The art is stunning, indeed. The OST is amazing, because it's Hiroyuki Sawano who made it. Plus, the opening song is performed by EGOIST. I hope they maintain the quality of the show.
May 17, 2016 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
Wow this was more shit than I though it would be at least the artstyle is nice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2016 10:01 PM

Jul 2012
This felt like Attack On Titan, but with much more realistic and in general better characters.
May 27, 2016 6:23 AM

Jul 2008
Great start, lots of death and somehow I think they can still retake their current station. I'm surprised with the way Ikoma put out the curse in him, so as long as the disease doesn't reach your brain for a certain amount of time then it's gone?
May 28, 2016 9:08 PM
Jul 2014
TheHatredDMC said:
shanimebib said:

If you can rationalize the two pictures above you will realize plot wise how bad the first episode was. I will not say more.

Everything reeked Shingeki no Kyojin. But I gotta give credits where it's due. I think the MCs are likable so far so it's still watchable. After the first impression, I am not gonna give this more than a 6.5/10 if it doesn't improve.

I agree. Because they were tripping on checking and kept mentioning that its a miracle that it arrived "Earlier". Then night time not only are there no checks but the train arrived "On Time". Inconsistencies man.

That's not an inconsistency. They're two different trains -- the one that arrived during the day was a day earlier than it was expected (and hours earlier than the train that they were expecting that day). So it's not surprising that the bridge crews weren't ready to receive it. When the night train did arrive, it was on time and they were expecting it, so they were ready to lower the bridge as it approached.

Having said that, lowering the bridge as it approaches is incredibly bad tactics when you know that there's a possibility that the train has become infected. (And they did know that or they wouldn't have the inspections.) But the whole design and layout of the station is terrible for just exactly the thing that happened -- even if they'd kept the bridge up, the train would probably have made it over the wall and unleashed the zombie horde. If all the stations are like this it's a miracle anybody survives at all.

Besides, even trains that weren't infected inside could have the zombies on the outside of the train (perhaps clinging somewhere you wouldn't see them in a visual inspection before lowering the bridge). Given their demonstrated lack of ability in killing the zombies, they should just never let trains inside the gates at all.
May 29, 2016 5:01 AM

Nov 2011
Do every post-apocalyptic world rule by asshole or something?

May 30, 2016 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
All things aside, I found myself grinning with enjoyment most of the episode.
---------My Profile------------
May 31, 2016 9:04 PM

Mar 2009
Lol at all of the AoT fanboys whining about the similarities. Look at it this way. Wit took an amazing manga and made an okay anime in AoT, well the first half was great but the second half was meh. Now they took that same premise, and have turned it into what looks to be an amazing series. Is it an AoT clone? Yes. But that doesn't take away from the show. Media is full of taking one concept and making it better. Just enjoy the ride.

First ep was phenomenal in all aspects, I just hope they have the budget to keep it up. It is a noitaminA show, so here's hoping!
Jun 13, 2016 12:05 AM

May 2016
I don't really like the zombie thingy but this was somehow interesting. will watch a few more episode to decide dropping it or not.
Jun 21, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2012
pure great just like attack on titans
Jun 22, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty meh start. Not liking the art style and setting. Will see what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2016 7:19 AM

Dec 2015
Those guys are seriously cowards. Will he get a new power now or is he simply immune to the decease?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 4, 2016 9:14 PM

Mar 2015
Wow great start to this one, was the hype real? Ignoring the collective rating that this anime is currently on and binge watching to find out myself
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 5, 2016 7:23 AM
May 2012
Not bad, but totally feels like Shingeki. Let's see how this will go.
I already know that the music is good!
Jul 6, 2016 3:29 AM

Aug 2014
Twenty years ago, the people of Hinomoto sought refuge from the corpes behind the walls of stations"
There's nothing scarier than a show that is not only self-aware but fully embraces it as well...

Despite the obvious similarities to AOT , I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy this first episode. The story is left to be desired but the music and character designs are on point.
Jul 6, 2016 12:12 PM

Apr 2016
Interesting stuff, I have to dig myself in until I finish all the episodes. (o.o)
Jul 8, 2016 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
God, the mc is pretty much Eren from AOT base on the first impression......
Anime looking pretty good visually but I set myself an extremely low expectation of the characters and plot base on the free fall of the mal rating the past few weeks.
Jul 11, 2016 5:46 AM
Jun 2016
That was so intense. I like it.
Jul 12, 2016 9:43 AM

Jun 2011
First two minutes and I was already like, the voice actor for the protagonist of this series kinda suck. I felt zero emotion reading and listening to his monologue, and it was supposed to be powerful. At the 19:15 point, I have no idea why this part stood out to me so much, but the voice acting, once again, felt weak on that girl's part.

The entire episode was pretty shit if I were to be honest, until the ending where it revealed a little bit about the main protagonist when the flashback hit.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 20, 2016 4:56 AM

May 2012
Well that sure was a very interesting start I must say, love the steampunk setting and concept! Looking forward what kind of story this anime will have to offer!
Jul 25, 2016 11:50 AM

Sep 2011
I don't see anything wrong with having another anime like Attack on Titan because Attack on Titan was good... and good anime is good...
Jul 27, 2016 4:09 PM

Jun 2008
AoT the zombie version!

Seriously though, it was very nice. Different character design that the usual big eye moe characters too and i love that fact.

Let's hope it leaves to the hype of this episode. Btw it really felt like i was watching for more than 20 minutes and not because it was boring but because many events happened etc.

shanimebib said:
Xenocrisi said:
I don't see anything wrong with the pictures above.

No salts here. Just stating the pudding. In open broad daylight, they make a train stop to make sure it's safe and even inspect the people on board stark naked for injuries and in the darkness of night, they lower the bridge to let it in without a second thought when the train was not even on sight. You may justify with the dumb nobody who lowered the bridge though but yeah, there was his superior giving instructions as well.

To be fair the inspection was after they let them in, but yes i was wondering why they didn't let it stop and then lower the gate like the first one but the first came at a time they didn't expect so they couldn't have the bridge ready while the other came on schedule so i guess they waited for it and coming on schedule made it less suspicious too.
Aug 2, 2016 9:55 PM

Feb 2012
Ok, that was nice. Post apocaliptic world with steampunk and japan medieval atmosphere. Interesting mix right there.
Aug 25, 2016 4:14 PM

Jan 2012
as far as first episodes go, thid was certainly high action.... I am one of the few who hasn't seen AoT so I can't compare.... but this was insane, and the way MC stopped the virus spreading was mental, and lolita girl kick was badass, can't wait for more!
Sep 26, 2016 9:48 AM

Jun 2016
Great episode, they are moving it fast.
The story seems similar to AOT.
Lmao at Mumei's shoes XD
Oct 18, 2016 1:24 AM

Mar 2012
Wtf happened to this show's ratings? Last I checked it was scored pretty high while it was airing lol. Welp, since it seemed interesting and had similar vibes to AoT I've decided to give it a go anyway. So far so good.
Nov 19, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2014
That scene when he hangs himself in order to delay the virus is so powerful.
Dec 12, 2016 11:09 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Shingeki no Kyojin vibes are obvious.

lol at the dude saving that dude from the Kabane and that dude turns on the dude with the quickness because he got bit. Not even a thank you before losing all common sense.

I want to be part of the inspection team for them females.

Yuki Kaji not the MC this time. lol

Ikoma getting beat up for speaking the truth.

Another child gets parent killed moment because she wanted to take all her toys. Stop this madness.

That scene with Ikoma preventing the virus spreading was EPIC. I loved how his hair changed color.

That slice.

EGOIST gonna EGOIST.
RobDec 12, 2016 11:52 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 13, 2016 4:58 PM
Mar 2015
Does anyone know the track name that plays during the scene where Mumei

encounters Ikoma for the 2nd time (while he's in jail)? I can't find it on the OST

release. Would appreciate any help...thank you!!

tokyoghostDec 13, 2016 5:01 PM
Dec 14, 2016 9:52 PM

Jul 2012
givemetotoro said:

encounters Ikoma for the 2nd time (while he's in jail)? I can't find it on the OST

KK11(m6)
It was released separately from the main OST.
https://youtu.be/SUBZ2a1Nlkc?t=1h24m45s
Dec 14, 2016 9:57 PM
Mar 2015
Phoebe3315 said:
givemetotoro said:

KK11(m6)
It was released separately from the main OST.
https://youtu.be/SUBZ2a1Nlkc?t=1h24m45s

Thank you Phoebe! I don't know how I would've found this, cheers :)
Dec 22, 2016 1:10 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This first episode was very night!!!
The plot is interesting, but the characters and the draw is beautiful, a great combiantion of elements, together the action and the bloody, do a nice series!!!
8/10.
Jan 2, 2017 8:59 PM
Jul 2015
I really wanted an enlightement on how MC went from disheveled hair before zombie to extra chunk of white hair over his eye after nailing a metal bar and a collar on himself godammit
Mar 9, 2017 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty sure that's not how viruses work. It's more plausible if he cut his arm off. His body turned into purple-like bruises which may be was the virus quickly infecting him then all of a sudden it's gone like it was sucked out of him only leaving him with a cool whit streak of hair that together with his glasses with only one lens, makes him the ultimate lord of edge. But it might also mean hos body just quickly adapted to the virus which may or may not make him immune to it. Kinda interesting.

This really gives off an Attack on Titan vibe.
May 25, 2017 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
Thank god Wit did this. It looks gorgeous!
And I really love the steampunk vibes. The story is interesting, so... I bet, I'll like this. x3
Jul 9, 2017 2:20 PM

Aug 2016
Just get to watching this. AND H**Y S**T F**K N***T, this feel is something I get last time in my first time with Attack on titan I think. This was maybe even more action packed. Maybe like big order? I don't know but Iam getting on late post-hype train I think.
Aug 3, 2017 12:44 AM

Apr 2016
WOW this is amazing. It looks like Shingeki no Kyojin but a little better

Aug 31, 2017 8:52 AM

May 2013
SnK and Train to Busan vibes for me haha. I like it though! :) Thought it was pretty interesting. Ppl complain too much about minor details. I see potential ^__^ and the MC is awesome; not a pussy + smart and rational *thumbs up*
Nov 19, 2017 8:21 AM

Jun 2016
That was action-packed first episode and holy shit so many SnK-like shots especially when those Kabane broke through the station.

So, the virus or some sort of Kabane can be removed when you strangle yourself? What. How did he do that? What the hell happened there?

Honestly, this is like a combination of Shingeki no Kyojin and Highschool of the Dead. Hehe.

It was an interesting first episode. Will continue watching.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 11, 2018 12:45 PM
Oct 2017
I wonder how mumei did not fall with the kind of shoes she had
This is very useful for decapitating monsters
Jan 14, 2019 11:42 AM

Apr 2013
Definitely feeling some AoT vibes here, which isn't surprising giving the staff. Not quite as epic so far though, but great soundtrack and animation.
Feb 11, 2019 10:55 AM

Apr 2018
Had sime prob but imo this ep was better than most if not all the eps from aot

Kind of exagerating...but yeah
AkerakaiFeb 11, 2019 11:00 AM
Mar 17, 2019 12:39 AM
Oct 2018
I don'tunderstand all the hate that this show gets- I'm starting my second watch-thru, and again I'm struck with how good this show is- definitely better than AOT. Bettet art, the 'steampunk/pre-Meiji Japan' universe is better than than 'feudal Europe, but with pneumatic grappling hooks', and Kabaneri is more self-contained where AOT turned into an endlessly sprawling mess. (Not that I hate AOT- it's pretty good, too. But would have been better if they'd wrapped it up after one or two series')
Mar 27, 2019 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
Apollo18 said:
I don'tunderstand all the hate that this show gets- I'm starting my second watch-thru, and again I'm struck with how good this show is- definitely better than AOT. Bettet art, the 'steampunk/pre-Meiji Japan' universe is better than than 'feudal Europe, but with pneumatic grappling hooks', and Kabaneri is more self-contained where AOT turned into an endlessly sprawling mess. (Not that I hate AOT- it's pretty good, too. But would have been better if they'd wrapped it up after one or two series')

Yeah, sao fans are also in the same boat, they can relate.
Mar 28, 2019 2:11 AM
Oct 2018
keragamming said:
Apollo18 said:

SAO fans think AoT is sprawling mess, too? Well they're right about that, at least.
Mar 28, 2019 5:09 AM

Oct 2013
Apollo18 said:
keragamming said:

SAO fans think AoT is sprawling mess, too? Well they're right about that, at least.

Sure, if you want to convince yourself that just to validate your point. Ironically I don't dislike Kabaneri or sao, but that is not the narrative you would like to hear since this series is apparently being criticize by attack on titan fans.
keragammingMar 28, 2019 5:20 AM
Mar 28, 2019 7:17 AM
Oct 2018
keragamming said:
Apollo18 said:

Sure, if you want to convince yourself that just to validate your point. Ironically I don't dislike Kabaneri or sao, but that is not the narrative you would like to hear since this series is apparently being criticize by attack on titan fans.

Dude. You do realize that you don't NEED to take every opinion that anyone has about AoT as a direct attack on you, personally, right? You do understand that's a choice that YOU are deciding to make, yeah?

Don't get me wrong- if you really *want* to get upset that someone, somewhere, exists who thinks AoT is sprawling mess, i'm not trying to stand in your way. I just want to make sure that you understand you have options.
Mar 28, 2019 8:48 AM

Oct 2013
Apollo18 said:
keragamming said:

Dude. You do realize that you don't NEED to take every opinion that anyone has about AoT as a direct attack on you, personally, right? You do understand that's a choice that YOU are deciding to make, yeah?

Don't get me wrong- if you really *want* to get upset that someone, somewhere, exists who thinks AoT is sprawling mess, i'm not trying to stand in your way. I just want to make sure that you understand you have options.

Stop the bullshit, you were clearly directing that attack on me, but because I didn't respond the way you expected me to, you decide to twist is around and be like you are the angel of god here. No where in my comment did I attack you, or show any sign of attack towards you, you are just painting that narrative.

I am neutral to kabaneri and I actually like the first season of sao, I'm actually annoyed of the overwhelming hate that sao got.

I simple said this "Yeah, sao fans are also in the same boat, they can relate." as in they can relate to the hate, because they get it all the time.

So its either you misunderstand my comment or you gave me that cheeky reply because you know I'm a fan of attack on titan. I will go with the latter.

My intention was never to stir you up, but hey I'm a attack on titan fan so who cares right?

I'm cool as a cucumber, Sure, if you want to convince yourself that just to validate your point. Ironically I don't dislike Kabaneri or sao, but that is not the narrative you would like to hear since this series is apparently being criticize by attack on titan fans.

Where in this comment did it show that I'm upset? That is the reaction you wanted, but I didn't give you it so now you are trying to convince yourself that you did succeed in making me upset, which isn't the case.

Anyone who knows me, know I'm a direct person if I wanted to attack you or defend attack on titan, I would have done it. I can relate you what you are saying because I don't think it deserve this much hate, but to you all attack on titan fans hate it, and that is why you can't wrap your head around this.

keragammingMar 28, 2019 9:09 AM
May 2, 2019 11:50 PM

Sep 2013
Really nice first episode. No-Name really got on my nerves when she first appeared, but I think I'm going to like her after all...maybe

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (19) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.