Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2014 8:57 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Admittedly, I started watching the movie not expecting much, but in the end, enjoyed it much more than I initially thought. It was a very heartwarming movie, I liked how Nobita grew from a spoiled and dependent kid to one who is able to stand on his own without the help of others. The NTR moment was pretty funny when Nobita misused one of Doraemon's gadgets and accidentally had Shizuka fall in love with Hidetoshi. I especially loved the time travel part where Nobita and Shizuka gets married, unfortunately we never got to see the wedding. The 3DCG admittedly was very fitting, I haven't seen the characters any more alive, though sometimes the overreactions did get out of hand.
Dec 19, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2014
Good movie. This movie was hilarious !!

So much love from Nobita. I almost T_T *tears*
Dec 22, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2013
I watched it last week on cinema with my friend

Good movie. Maybe it make me creep a bit with the 3DCG (especially when Giant accidentally fall in love with Suneo XD) but really like, also the animation when Nobita and Doraemon come to future to see his and shizuka's wedding were too cool. And i cried many times too XD

But why Suneo's hair turn into Afro ? XD

Yeah to bad we didnt see the wedding scene . i give this 8/10
Dec 25, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
Omg so sad T__T I bawled like crazy. Doraemon is so adorable and the story is just amazing!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 25, 2014 10:28 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty good retelling of the Doraemon show. Recognized most of the episodes in it, like when they shrink or when Nobita eats the smart bread. They did a great job at capturing the Doraemon spirit with this movie, and hopefully it'll help people get more exposure to the franchise.

The 3DCG was really good and gave off a Pixar-like feel, which was good. I usually dislike 3DCG in anime, especially when it's movies like Resident Evil that try to feel more real. I think that with Doraemon they did a great transition from traditional art to CG.

I'd say that my favorite part of the show was when Nobita goes to the future to save and impress Shizuka. I kinda wish they added another of my favorite episodes, like when Nobita meets the future Shizuka for the first time and she mistakes him for their son, and starts spanking him. Later on he even gets beaten up by his own son.

I think that this movie is a great starting point for the franchise, as people can easily continue with the other Doraemon movies now that they are familiar with the cast and setting. The other movies sadly aren't as good as this, and only feel like longer normal Doraemon episode.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 25, 2014 10:29 PM

May 2014
It's really recount my chilhood memories...
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Dec 28, 2014 2:07 AM

Dec 2013
Crap this movie had me in tears. Any person who grew up with Doraemon will cry because of how much childhood memory it brings and all the emotional parts were too good.
Anyone who probably only saw Doraemon here and there with few amounts of episodes probably wouldn't understand how amazing this movie is though. (This is to any country who barely knows Doraemon and had the movie screening. Every Japanese person who saw the movie said they cried lol)

Either way for a person who watched all the old episodes + the movies, this movie was just too much nostalgia and the graphics are out of this world.

10/10 had me bring back so much memories and tears.

I do wish they showed more of the marriage part though. In the anime they really developed on why, how, and when Nobita decided to propose and it was really amazing throughout the marriage scene which was nicely done.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 30, 2014 4:32 PM

Aug 2014
Well, I rarely watch the Anime, only watched a few episodes and movies that came on TV, but I've read most of the Manga since I was a kid (But not through the end).

That was really emotional. This makes me want to re-read the manga all over again and watch the series. Really emotional.... This movie had me in tears...

So glad that it was a happy ending. 10/10
fubuki211Dec 30, 2014 4:43 PM
Jan 2, 2015 9:34 AM
Sep 2013
doraemon-like ending. this is doraemon that i know.
Jan 17, 2015 10:51 PM

Dec 2010
I used hate Doraemon because of how childish it is.

But... this movie made me cry like hell even when I didn't watch more than 2-3 episodes of Doraemon TV. God damn it. Started crying half way through the movie all the way to the end.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Feb 27, 2015 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
The story is totally amazing, but the pacing is quite rushed. I found the movie is also hilarious.

This bring me back some childhood memories.
removed-userMar 1, 2015 11:26 AM
Mar 1, 2015 7:26 PM

Nov 2009
For once there is no movie-version Gian in a Doraemon movie XD

Anyways, what a perfect Doraemon movie :'D Much eye sweat is shed.

deviantART                                    YouTube  
Mar 17, 2015 7:44 AM
Nov 2014
Certainly a must watch if you are a fan of Doraemon.

The animation was top notch, the ending was sweet.

I loved the credits song :)

8/10
Mar 17, 2015 7:58 AM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
I've never seen any of Doraemon series, but this movie was very good!
Apr 4, 2015 12:56 AM

Jun 2012
The movie was good, but I don't think the material is all new. Some of the stories were already aired as the anime, but anyway, good :)

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Apr 15, 2015 6:18 PM

Oct 2012
i enjoyed this movie alot...
8/10

Jun 15, 2015 2:35 PM

Mar 2015
Good movie,teared up a bit when Doreamon started crying once he realized "his time has come".
Great use of cgi imo,looked like a pixar movie and the backgrounds were really nice to look at.
Oct 11, 2015 2:25 AM

May 2013
I'm not a fan of this series. Only watched random episodes aired in TV from time to time. However, even so, I give this a 10/10. Story, characters, and moral values -- it just has everything. Not to mention the top-notch graphic and animation and the OST and the ending song.

Can't believe this lost to Frozen in 2015 Tokyo Anime Award for film category.
Jan 23, 2016 3:58 AM

Feb 2010
Watching this in theater... eventough there's so many scenes from manga , it's so enjoyable! the 3D usage was very good too... not lose with Disney/Dreamworks quality!

8/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Mar 5, 2016 12:16 AM

Feb 2015
This movie preserved how illogical Nobita is. The movie has many fails (probably because of imbecile Nobita) and I kinda hate that time travelling part, but we all know that time machine is one of Doraemon's antics since it was created.

But overall, it is heavily dramatic and funny, it brings back memories of the childhood, but that ending kinda suck, it's too cheesy and anti-climactic
Jun 6, 2016 7:56 AM
Dec 2015
The beginning was pretty rushed, but the ending make up for it. Can't remember how many times they rehash the story of Goodbye Doraemon. It's hard understand the emotions in this movie if you never seen the Doraemon series. Nothing much is new, but is definitely one of the better Doraemon remakes. If you're a fan of Doraemon & have never seen the original stories being adapted in this movie, then is a good movie. Also, the 3-D makes it a fresh and enjoyable experience. Hope to see more 3-D animation for other popular classic animes.
Aug 19, 2016 8:47 AM

May 2010
LOl i read the manga counterpart like 8 years ago 50 times, so it didn't hit me that hard.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 19, 2016 10:26 AM

Oct 2016
I enjoyed this movie, but it was incredibly flawed.

I get this movie's plot were just various episodes from the anime/manga mashed together, but that could have done a better job with bridging them because it felt incredibly disjointed.

He gets Doraemon and uses all the cool gadgets. Well, it doesn't ever have the other kids being introduced to Doraemon, its just they kinda know about him all of a sudden. Even Nobita's parents were the same way. The Egg thing was especially annoying and disjointed. I mean, it shows Shizuka saving him from the repel stuff, but having her say "I like you even more now" to Dekisugi was never really resolved. They also jammed in that Cinderella thing which went no where. After Nobita went through his depression thing, Doraemon's like "Hey, you 2 get married in the future." Also, I get people can become hesitant before their wedding, but the way Shizuka did it came off as like she really didn't like Nobita even though she does. I mean obviously the anime and manga shows more development, but this movie could have used a bit more. It just felt like there could have been more to it and there wasn't.
JakNov 19, 2016 11:18 PM
Nov 19, 2016 10:27 AM

Sep 2016
great movie during my 20 hours flight
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 23, 2017 2:43 AM

Dec 2015
I can't help but think that this movie was primarily aimed at the adults who grew up with the manga or one of the TV shows (who could bring their kid long). And the use of 3DCGI was probably chosen to seem even more "general public".

Apart from the very hasty beginning (Doraemon's introduction to the regular "cast" skipped), the series of little problems and their resolutions did a good job at telling a story (compared to neverending series). The final moment seems to nullify some ideas expressed in the movie..
I dislike it, but using this style of 3DCGI suited well probably because it retains a certain similarity with the older drawings (still, the mouths were big). It rarely looked weird, only the "action" sequences (the flyings) and some caricature faces stand out of the rest.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 7.5(+?)/10 Not sure yet.

It has been very long since I watched the first eps of some Doraemon show and turned a few pages of the manga so maybe it was clear there, but why is this movie trying to resolve Nobita's family future misery by cancelling his original fated wedding (with the big classmate's sister)?

edit @voidepression I doubt the audience needs to have followed a series of the brand before to see their relationship "develop". The movie makes it pretty clear without insisting too much on it. And it is understandable/obvious from the spectator's point-of-view alone too.
About the US dub, did they "disney-ified" the show? (making it "kid-friendly" XD ) I guess this was the "international version" the french broadcaster recut and re-dubbed for our innocent blonde heads.

@voidepression Thanks.
Rei_IIIApr 13, 2017 6:02 AM
Apr 12, 2017 9:25 PM
Dec 2015
Jak said:

I get this movie's plot were just various episodes from the anime/manga mashed together, but that could have done a better job with bridging them because it felt incredibly disjointed.

He gets Doraemon and uses all the cool gadgets. Well, it doesn't ever have the other kids being introduced to Doraemon, its just they kinda know about him all of a sudden. Even Nobita's parents were the same way. The Egg thing was especially annoying and disjointed. I mean, it shows Shizuka saving him from the repel stuff, but having her say "I like you even more now" to Dekisugi was never really resolved. They also jammed in that Cinderella thing which went no where. After Nobita went through his depression thing, Doraemon's like "Hey, you 2 get married in the future." Also, I get people can become hesitant before their wedding, but the way Shizuka did it came off as like she really didn't like Nobita even though she does. I mean obviously the anime and manga shows more development, but this movie could have used a bit more. It just felt like there could have been more to it and there wasn't.

Rei366 said:
I can't help but think that this movie was primarily aimed at the adults who grew up with the manga or one of the TV shows (who could bring their kid long). And the use of 3DCGI was probably chosen to seem even more "general public".

Apart from the very hasty beginning (Doraemon's introduction to the regular "cast" skipped), the series of little problems and their resolutions did a good job at telling a story (compared to neverending series). The final moment seems to nullify some ideas expressed in the movie..
I dislike it, but using this style of 3DCGI suited well probably because it retains a certain similarity with the older drawings (still, the mouths were big). It rarely looked weird, only the "action" sequences (the flyings) and some caricature faces stand out of the rest.

It has been very long since I watched the first eps of some Doraemon show and turned a few pages of the manga so maybe it was clear there, but why is this movie trying to resolve Nobita's family future misery by cancelling his original fated wedding (with the big classmate's sister)?

Yep. The stories were adapted multiple times in the 1979 tv series, 2005 series, and ovas. They only change the intro by making Doraemon help Nobita find his happiness or he's going to be stuck in the past. Also, a small conversation between young and adult Nobita were added to the snow story. I guess Doraemon will leave sooner or later judging by adult Nobita's lines. The fanmade Manga ending was depressing if you read it.

I like the montage of Doraemon using the gadgets, but the stories didn't flow perfectly and people that never saw Doraemon before will not see the bond between Nobita and him. However, Disney did began to dub it in English with a power ranger actor voicing the titular role.
Apr 13, 2017 2:28 AM
Dec 2015
Rei366 said:

edit @voidepression I doubt the audience needs to have followed a series of the brand before to see their relationship "develop". The movie makes it pretty clear without insisting too much on it. And it is understandable/obvious from the spectator's point-of-view alone too.
About the US dub, did they "disney-ified" the show? (making it "kid-friendly" XD ) I guess this was the "international version" the french broadcaster recut and re-dubbed for our innocent blonde heads.

They remove anything related to Japanese out such as editing the Japanese yen to dollar bills, chopsticks and rice to fork and spaghetti, the drunken salaryman father, and some of the episodes are merge together to form new episodes. It's just like how Pokemon insist on calling onigiri as jelly donuts. I think there's a tumblr page that's shows all the differences.
May 5, 2021 6:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okayish doraemon 3g movie. Not liking much of the dramatical and depressing part when its obvious doraemon will make a comeback. Lol. Doraemon always be my fun-ride, and the dramatic part only make me sad and not feeling good, whenever its applied. Good thing there's always called a plot convenience to make it done. So, yeah this kind of story just okay for me. The application of 3d also not looking too good. But as an overall, the movie of doraemon always entertaining me no matter what shit.
7/10.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 18, 2021 5:08 AM
Aug 2021
8/10 This one made me cry as a kid. A LOT.
Guess I really got attached to Doraemon franchise back then.
Nov 5, 2021 3:25 AM

Jul 2021
Omg I remembered I was like 8 years old when I started watching the movie and I legit teared up tbh, also CGI is very interesting, reminds me of those pixar movies out there. a solid 8.5/10 (equivalent to 9 if you ask me because it's a good one).

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 21, 2022 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
I literally watched this movie completely today and just realised how sadly I missed this masterpiece when it aired in my country around 2015. Being a Doraemon enthusiast since my childhood, I was already very attached to the characters so it hurted me like hell but yea the ending imo was one of the best of all time. I'm 17 and upto now I watch Doraemon whenever I have free time, people say my mind would be damaged because its a kids show but I don't mind. I don't want Doraemon to ever end and I'll always be its fan. Thanks for making my childhood awesome, Doraemon. <3
Jun 13, 2022 5:57 AM
Aug 2014
Finally checked out the movie. My first Doraemon movie in a decade.

I already had a rough knowledge of which chapters would be adapted. However, I was NOT expecting an adaptation of my personal fav chapter, Lies 800 aka Doraemon's Return. Honestly could not hold back tears when Doraemon came back.

Really wished I caught this in cinemas.

Jak said:

The "Cinderella" thing was part of the original chapter the movie adapted and was merely part of the setup iirc.
It played out the same way: Shizuka and Dekisugi had so much chemistry together that Nobita started doubting whether he would actually marry the former, thus leading to checking out the future using the Time TV.
Feb 12, 2023 5:51 PM
Mar 2019
Nobi is mostly annoying in this.
Is she only marrying him coz she feels sorry that he probably will always need someone??
How can they have flying cars and a futuristic place in 14 Years?? more likely 400 Years would not be enough.
After the next Movie i won't be looking for any more.
Just Good, nothing more.

More topics from this board

» Is stand by me doraemon the end of the Doraemon franchise why?

johnknight648 - Mar 26, 2014

5 by Drumbottle »»
Oct 5, 2021 1:20 AM

» Plot Hole?

Claptrap - May 26, 2019

8 by DEWDEMLOL »»
Sep 19, 2021 6:40 AM

» Full Trailer

Ame_Sama - Apr 17, 2014

2 by Ryuudou-Temple »»
May 24, 2015 7:43 PM

» Where to see??

vasco09 - Aug 25, 2014

2 by ZetaZaku »»
Dec 25, 2014 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.