Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »
May 9, 2015 8:48 PM

Apr 2013
Finally… Saber returns… About time.
Really enjoyed the Lancer/archer fight scene too.
May 9, 2015 10:57 PM

Jul 2008
And that takes care of Caster, now for the real fights to begin.
May 12, 2015 8:40 AM

Jan 2014
too much butthurt fanboys crying about adaptation makes me puke. F***.

Archer vs lancer, that was nice fight. Decent/good episode. 4/5
Jun 22, 2015 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
How Caster looks, was a big disappointment. She is a lot more sexy with the hood, and the voice match then. Can't believe she was defeated in such a lame way, she deserved better.

The fight with Lancer was pretty decent, animation was smooth.

Let's go archer, kill the red head pls or at least saber

3.5/5
Jun 22, 2015 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
Forgetfulness said:
tsudecimo said:
Let's go archer, kill the red head pls or at least saber
Don't you already know how this route goes? lol

It's nice to dream sometimes :(
Jun 22, 2015 10:55 AM

Nov 2013
I have a feeling you won't like the upcoming events.
Jun 22, 2015 12:30 PM

Oct 2014
People wanting Archer to win when he's basically a dumbshit.
Jun 22, 2015 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
nocorras said:

Spelled Shirou wrong there.
Jun 22, 2015 12:54 PM

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:
nocorras said:

Not knowing how their views are different and saying Shirou is a dumbshit. Yeah no.
Jun 22, 2015 12:56 PM

Nov 2013
Oh sweet.

Yeah just keeping feeding the bias.
Jun 22, 2015 12:59 PM

Dec 2012
nocorras said:
tsudecimo said:

Not knowing how their views are different and saying Shirou is a dumbshit. Yeah no.

What views, Archer's reason for killing Shirou seems perfectly logical to me.

:o
Jun 22, 2015 1:03 PM

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:
nocorras said:

What views, Archer's reason for killing Shirou seems perfectly logical to me.

:o

no. More like
Jun 22, 2015 1:22 PM

Dec 2012
Forgetfulness said:
I'm pretty sure Archer knows that killing Shirou won't actually help himself out in any way. He's just doing it out of desparation

Yeah I know. If I were in his position, I would want to do the same, I would resent Shirou.
Jun 22, 2015 1:23 PM

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:
Forgetfulness said:
I'm pretty sure Archer knows that killing Shirou won't actually help himself out in any way. He's just doing it out of desparation

Yeah I know. If I were in his position, I would want to do the same, I would resent Shirou.

Not Shirou's fault Archer was a dumbshit and ended up the way he did because of his way of thinking.
Jun 22, 2015 1:25 PM

Jan 2014
Hating on Archer to glorify Shirou. :p
Jun 22, 2015 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
ChickenFry said:

The truth = hating now? He ended up like he did because of something 100% unrelated to UBW Shirou. And yes Archer was a dumbshit and so is someone else with similar views on idealism.
Jun 22, 2015 1:26 PM

Feb 2015
ChickenFry said:

UBW Shirou>Archer
Jun 22, 2015 1:36 PM

Jan 2014
nocorras said:
ChickenFry said:

The truth = hating now? He ended up like he did because of something 100% unrelated to UBW Shirou. And yes Archer was a dumbshit and so is someone else with similar views on idealism.

I'm just kidding.

He is still Shirou at core, but he had different circumstances.

Call him dumbshit all you like, but his choices are the choices Shirou is likely to make. And his regret is justified. Yeah, trying to imagine you have to kill the people you want to save non-stop.

And I like Archer more than Shirou, even when I read the VN.
Jun 22, 2015 1:37 PM

Aug 2014
ChickenFry said:
his choices are the choices Shirou is likely to make

No.
Jun 22, 2015 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
ChickenFry said:
Hating on Archer/Kerry/Fate zero, etc to glorify Shirou. :p

ftfy
Jun 22, 2015 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
ChickenFry said:

No.

Saying "no" is not saying much.
Jun 22, 2015 2:25 PM

Oct 2014
Keep missing the point. Take out what happens to him and he's still naive, but anime watchers bash UBW Shirou for what Archer was.
Jun 22, 2015 2:26 PM

Nov 2013
Insertanamehere said:
ChickenFry said:

No.
He's not wrong though; he said Shirou not UBW!Shirou and *insert multiverse mumbo jumbo here*
Jun 22, 2015 2:27 PM

Jan 2014
nocorras said:
Keep missing the point. Take out what happens to him and he's still naive.

But he became twisted like that is because of what happened to him. That doesn't make any sense.
Jun 22, 2015 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
Keep attacking each other and it's gonna cost you a ban.

Fyi, I've removed all your posts that had any involvement with attacking one another and deleted posts that were quoting it as well.
Jun 22, 2015 2:46 PM

May 2015
Sorry Mr/Mrs/Miss Tyrel.
Jul 1, 2015 1:57 AM

Jun 2014
Archer has a chip on his shoulder the size of a city block. God damn.
Again. READ THE STORY MEDEA IF YOU DONT GET CASTER'S BACKSTORY. You will understand just how much that poor woman suffered. It literally explains everything.
and it never hurts to be well versed in classic Greek literature either.

I dont really have much to say other than
Kuremisago said:
Gay Bulges vs. Raw Anus time!
And Unlimited budget works strikes again.

RIP P-san and castah
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 3, 2015 4:30 PM

Jun 2009
Some more good stuff, as far as servants Caster was always close to the bottom of the interesting characters list for me so I think this was done about as well as it could possibly be. Maybe I would have liked some more buildup for the Rho Aias scene, but other than that I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 3, 2015 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:
Some more good stuff, as far as servants Caster was always close to the bottom of the interesting characters list for me so I think this was done about as well as it could possibly be. Maybe I would have liked some more buildup for the Rho Aias scene, but other than that I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.
i wish they had at least kept her interludes in myself.... while caster only had the couple of scenes she still drew my attention. the new kuzuki content was nice though. with this whle "expanding on them" i was hoping for them to have actually expanded on both characters...but at least kuzuki got something as before he was just a "missed opportunity"
Jul 14, 2015 2:04 PM

Jan 2011
Overall really nice, but two things are stupid: Kuzuki telling Tohsaka that she is incompetent because she failed to kill Caster in four hits. So yeah, Kuzuki didn't even *hit* Shirou four times this fight - only his swords. It's arguable who is more incompetent, but Kuzuki sure should shut his trap.

Also, Archer killing Kuzuki so easily, unless one wants to argue that Kuzuki didn't really want to fight, he only wanted to "end" it. I say this because Saber totally lost against him. No chance at all. Not "being pushed back because she doesn't want to kill him", but rather, if she would have been a human with the exact same powers, she would be dead. It's just that Servants die hard, regardless of their power.
Jul 14, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2010
NwAurion said:
Overall really nice, but two things are stupid: Kuzuki telling Tohsaka that she is incompetent because she failed to kill Caster in four hits. So yeah, Kuzuki didn't even *hit* Shirou four times this fight - only his swords. It's arguable who is more incompetent, but Kuzuki sure should shut his trap.

Also, Archer killing Kuzuki so easily, unless one wants to argue that Kuzuki didn't really want to fight, he only wanted to "end" it. I say this because Saber totally lost against him. No chance at all. Not "being pushed back because she doesn't want to kill him", but rather, if she would have been a human with the exact same powers, she would be dead. It's just that Servants die hard, regardless of their power.

Shirou with a projected weapon is at least as competent as Kuzuki, while Caster, when it comes to melee, shouldn't even be on the same ballpark as an enhanced taught-by-Kirei Rin. So yeah, failing to kill her quickly was definitely Rin's fuck up.

After Caster's death you can see her enhancement magic disappear from Kuzuki's fist, rendering him a weak human, relative to servants of course, with no element of surprise. The two things that allowed him to get the jump on Saber.
And it's not that he wanted to die, it's that he wanted to fight to the end EVEN if the end result is obvious.
Jul 14, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2012
NwAurion said:

Kuzuki vs Saber it's specifically said that caster cast magic on him to strengthen him

Kuzuki vs Archer, Caster is dead

it's not that hard to figure out, put simply without Caster and a surprise attack, Kuzuki would have gotten wrecked by Saber.
Jul 26, 2015 11:31 PM

Mar 2012
Archer's got some real issues in this arc....
Aug 9, 2015 1:32 PM

Jul 2014
Yknow, even if Caster deserved what was coming to her, I can't help but feel bad for her.
Aug 10, 2015 1:23 AM

Jul 2007
SergeantDude said:
Yknow, even if Caster deserved what was coming to her, I can't help but feel bad for her.

She did not do anything to deserve what was coming to her. She is relatively way better than half the masters in the war and at least does not harbor any ill will towards the others or the town.
Aug 10, 2015 9:44 AM

Jun 2015
CookingPriest said:
SergeantDude said:

She did not do anything to deserve what was coming to her. She is relatively way better than half the masters in the war and at least does not harbor any ill will towards the others or the town.

Just because Medea's backstory is SO SAD AND SYMPATHETIC and her love for Kuzuki is CUTE KAWAII DESU NE, doesn't absolve her of sin. Draining people to near death, threatening to kill Taiga, tearing open Assassin's ribs on a regular basis just for making sly remarks, turning Sherou into a barely conscious head in a jar in a bad end, and putting a spell on Issei to kill himself and anyone who tries to figure out her master's identity aren't exactly the actions of an innocent person. She may be a better person than Kotomine, Shinji, and
but that's not really an accomplishment.

If anything, she deserves only slightly better than Heaven's Feel Shirou.
-Sherou-Aug 10, 2015 9:57 AM

Aug 10, 2015 5:22 PM

Jul 2007
Sherou said:
CookingPriest said:

Just because Medea's backstory is SO SAD AND SYMPATHETIC and her love for Kuzuki is CUTE KAWAII DESU NE, doesn't absolve her of sin. Draining people to near death, threatening to kill Taiga, tearing open Assassin's ribs on a regular basis just for making sly remarks, turning Sherou into a barely conscious head in a jar in a bad end, and putting a spell on Issei to kill himself and anyone who tries to figure out her master's identity aren't exactly the actions of an innocent person. She may be a better person than Kotomine, Shinji, and
but that's not really an accomplishment.

If anything, she deserves only slightly better than Heaven's Feel Shirou.

Medea is objectively better than Kirei or Shinji.
She also is far more pragmatic and way less bent on collateral than Illya(who only really cares about her revenge and has very warped sense of human values). In fact out of these four, she is only one at least trying to avoid collateral or any actual deaths and gives the opponents actual "outs" to avoid confrontations(since despite what she preaches she dislikes what she has to do).
She is not driven by any evil ambition and only wants to actually have a second chance at life with the man she fell for.

So that already places her just below Rin and Shirou.

Thus there are people FAR MORE deserving of this fate than Caster and it is very fair to say that what happened to her is disproportional and meant to be viewed as a tragedy. Nobody is black and white in Fate and Caster's personality, ideals and backstory shows that clearly.

Aug 14, 2015 9:53 AM

May 2012
Another okay episode, but still I wonder how anyone could enjoy an anime this slow paced. God damn I know I'm keep ranting about this but jesus this is hard to maintain watching it in one go.
Aug 14, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2015
RafaelDeJongh said:
Another okay episode, but still I wonder how anyone could enjoy an anime this slow paced. God damn I know I'm keep ranting about this but jesus this is hard to maintain watching it in one go.

If couldn't endure/enjoy slow paced anime, I'd have missed out on quite a few good anime.

/shrug.
Sep 18, 2015 11:26 PM

Jul 2012
Damn it, Archer fooled me again :/
Oct 4, 2015 12:32 AM

Jan 2010
For some reason, I didn't really think much about Saber being in that dress. At least, I tried not to, but it's hard to ignore it when the show is so focused on how defenseless she is. I get that Caster is probably trying to demoralize her and stuff, but I dunno. Was it necessary? It's a minor thing, but again, I wouldn't have thought much of it if it wasn't given so much attention. Besides that, also I'm starting to notice a trend of how stone-faced and emotionless near everyone deals with shock, disgust, tragedy, or disappointment in this show. I don't even know why it took so long, but seeing Kuzuki go out so unceremoniously was just that odd.

Other then that, Gae Bolg vs. Rho Aias and Rin getting hits in were the obvious highlights and were well worth the wait, and it just gets better from here. Onto the next episode I go.
Dec 5, 2015 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
Who are you kidding Archer !!
Feb 20, 2016 10:42 AM

Feb 2015

As an "anime only" viewer, I would like to speak for myself for a moment. I definitely get the feeling that I'm missing things from time to time which is why I've been visiting the wiki pages to get an explanation of what's going on. I've seen a lot of anime adaptations of manga that leave out my favorite parts and sometimes character develpment, but with UBW I don't have any previous knowledge, so I don't always know what's missing. By extent, I don't know what I should be researching. So I'm glad you mentioned that Caster had more back story. I'll have to look into that.

And YES, there are a lot of "power" inconsistencies in this show. It didn't make sense to me that Rin, Emiya, Saber and Archer had a slim chance of beating Caster to begin with and then Rin and Emiya think they can take on Caster AND their old servants with just the help of Lancer. WTF. After this episode, I'm starting to get the idea that Archer's decisions were simply driven by his desire to break the pact with Rin...but all the characters were convinced that it was a power issue; that Archer left Rin for more power when CLEARLY (based on previous fights), they could have taken on Caster together no sweat.

Whatever, I still enjoy the show...but why is Saber in a dress? Who decided to leave that unexplained? We've seen her change clothes on a whim, so was it her choice? Does the dress reflect her FEELINGS somehow? I don't know what's going on, but the animation is pretty cool so whatev.......just gotta keep reading stuff online to keep up with the plot.
Feb 20, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2007
Yokora said:

As an "anime only" viewer, I would like to speak for myself for a moment. I definitely get the feeling that I'm missing things from time to time which is why I've been visiting the wiki pages to get an explanation of what's going on. I've seen a lot of anime adaptations of manga that leave out my favorite parts and sometimes character develpment, but with UBW I don't have any previous knowledge, so I don't always know what's missing. By extent, I don't know what I should be researching. So I'm glad you mentioned that Caster had more back story. I'll have to look into that.

And YES, there are a lot of "power" inconsistencies in this show. It didn't make sense to me that Rin, Emiya, Saber and Archer had a slim chance of beating Caster to begin with and then Rin and Emiya think they can take on Caster AND their old servants with just the help of Lancer. WTF. After this episode, I'm starting to get the idea that Archer's decisions were simply driven by his desire to break the pact with Rin...but all the characters were convinced that it was a power issue; that Archer left Rin for more power when CLEARLY (based on previous fights), they could have taken on Caster together no sweat.

Whatever, I still enjoy the show...but why is Saber in a dress? Who decided to leave that unexplained? We've seen her change clothes on a whim, so was it her choice? Does the dress reflect her FEELINGS somehow? I don't know what's going on, but the animation is pretty cool so whatev.......just gotta keep reading stuff online to keep up with the plot.

The problem with Caster stems from the fact that if things were done properly, we would know that:
- Rin trying to face Caster with just Archer was part of Archer's plan to leave her as he was saying he can do it till the moment of the actual confrontation where he went "LOLNOPE BYE". Rin had absolutely no plan there.
- Plan was born when Shirou came into play and the situation inspired Rin to use more unconventional methods, since Shirou is the element that snaps Rin away from the cold and conservative magus mentality she fears being lost in.
- Shirou and Rin don't have that much hope at beating Caster. However Lancer is, in canon, established as one of strongest servants in the war capable of going toe to toe with Saber at least for a while. By that we can deduce that Shirou and Rin's goal is to target Caster specifically before Saber falls under her control completely and they have absolutely zero chance to win. They very much knew they have only a very small chance to win.

The dress is not Saber's choice. Its Caster's choice and has to do with her historical backstory(Sending Jason's wife a poisoned wedding dress) as well as her worldview portrayed in the visual novel. She does not want to just "break" saber or get her. She wants to prove a point and she actually has plenty of doubts and conflicting emotions about what she is doing.
Feb 20, 2016 1:59 PM

Feb 2015

Cool beans, thanks for the info.
May 22, 2016 9:30 PM

Dec 2012
Gae Bolg vs Rho Aias. Nuff said.

What? Archer said "Trace On." But Shirou says that. What could that mean? Only baka's say Trace On?

If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 10, 2016 10:23 AM
Aug 2014
Such awesome fights, was a really fun episode to watch.
I have some questions though, caster said her wish was already granted. Can somebody tell me what her wish was?
And what was kuzuki motivation after all? He always babbled some philosophical stuff when he explained his motivation to archer last episode or in the flashbacks, but i totally got nothing out of it. He was a killer whos emotionally empty or what?
Jul 10, 2016 12:34 PM

Aug 2010
leNerd said:
Such awesome fights, was a really fun episode to watch.
I have some questions though, caster said her wish was already granted. Can somebody tell me what her wish was?
And what was kuzuki motivation after all? He always babbled some philosophical stuff when he explained his motivation to archer last episode or in the flashbacks, but i totally got nothing out of it. He was a killer whos emotionally empty or what?

For Caster's wish, due to the connection between Master and Servant, Kuzuki was able to see Medea seemingly longing to go back to Colchis, her home country, that she escaped from on the Argo with Jason after the Goddess Aphrodite controlled her mind to make her fall in love with Jason, kill her own brother, cut him into pieces and drop the pieces in the ocean to delay her father's, the king of Colchis, forces and steel the Golden Fleece from him.
However, that wasn't Medea's true wish. Her true wish was for her to stop being treated like a tool by the world. As the gods, Jason and then the people of Corinth treated her as such and was labelled by the same world that robbed her of her will and mind time and time again as a "Witch", she decided to take matters into her own hands and make that world pay for its cruelty. But deep down, she just wanted to be looked at and treated as a human. To live, love and be loved with her own free will.
In her last moments she realizes that her wish was actually being fulfilled by Kuzuki, as he's the only one who never tried to deceive, manipulate or warp her mind for his goals. He truly wished to make her own wish come true.

As for Kuzuki, more on him will be reveled in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. What you need to know for Fate/stay night is that he really has no sense of what it's like to be "normal". Was killing people the normal thing to do? is it not?
A normal person would work. So, he got a job as a teacher.
A normal person would help someone in need. So, he helped Caster.
A normal person would try fulfill his Servant's wishes. So, he did.
A normal person would follow through with what he set himself to do. So, he fought fruitlessly and died.
He's like a machine that tries to emulate what a "normal person" would do.
astroprogsJul 10, 2016 12:38 PM
Nov 1, 2016 5:32 PM

Mar 2010
Archer is confusing the shit out of me. Why not just kill tohsaka already if anything already jesus.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 1, 2016 6:07 PM

Sep 2014
Rasco said:
Archer is confusing the shit out of me. Why not just kill tohsaka already if anything already jesus.
why would he want to kill rin?
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.