Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
All-Out!!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 13, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, we actually got some rugby plays going on this episode.

The training looked intense tbh, kinda what I had expected.
I think Gion is the type of guy that isn't afraid to take on challenges so he's ready for it.

I kinda like the manager as well, funny personality.
Oct 13, 2016 9:55 AM

Jul 2012
I like Gion's spirit but I can see it causing him issues later.
Nice tackle using his ankles though.
I'm really interested to see a match next episode and see what happens between two ex friends(though I'm not too sure on the friend status).

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Oct 13, 2016 10:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The tackle scenes are sick.
Oct 13, 2016 10:32 AM

Oct 2008
I hope there will be a romance in this anime lol
Oct 13, 2016 10:40 AM

Dec 2014
Really good follow up episode.

Iwashimizu joined the team along with Gion without any issues, Though he still seems to be suffering from trauma since he wasn't interested in playing in the game.
The tackle scenes were really intense and were great to watch.

Gion was put through some grueling training, Was nice to see him power through. The guy's got spirit.
Rugby is probably one of the most physical and physically demanding sports, Every player is bulked with muscles, Don't think for the life of me I'd be able to play this game. XD

That final tackle to the heels was epic man, Couldn't help but laugh along with the other members once that got over. Them back muscle though. :3
I don't really have any knowledge of the sport, but in an actual game is Giion's heel tackle legal? What constitutes a foul when it comes to tackling?

We're already getting into a match next week, This is gonna be awesome. :D
Lelouch0202Oct 13, 2016 10:46 AM
Oct 13, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2008
Anonymousmon said:

Well considering all characters look pretty gay, it will happen in doujins.

Kinda ironic that their first opponent will be Keijo High.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 13, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2014
Gion's ability to tackle has really improved, now he can take down a giant like Sekizan. Looks like they're going to play their first match and it just so happens to be against the friend that Iwashimizu injured.

The first opponent is Keijo High? Better watch out for their butts.......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 13, 2016 11:43 AM

Apr 2015
Great 2nd episode, the tackling scenes really did look amazing and I'm LOVING the soundtrack, it sounds so battle ready lol.
I love that theyre getting straight to the point of the sport and games, and with this having 25 eps I'll be looking forward to lots of action hopefully
Oct 13, 2016 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
I still can't take takuya seriously because of his hair more specifically the white curly parts of his hair. gion's determination to tackle is scary and impressive but mostly scary. I'm surprised takuya was able to stand after that last tackle.
Oct 13, 2016 12:00 PM

Sep 2015
Gave me Slam Dunk vibes seeing him training and etc
Oct 13, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2016
next episode vs Keijo!!!!!!!!!!! high school xd
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 13, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
Anonymousmon said:
this is seinen if there is romance rape will occur
Oct 13, 2016 12:31 PM

Jun 2009
Interesting that Crunhyroll translated "Stand-off" to "Fly-half". Looks like they got someone that knows Rugby to translate/TLC for the series. That's good to know. I also now know what the Japanese call Fly-halves.

Here in Australia, we call them Fly-halves but in other parts of the world, they're called Stand-offs, First-five, Five-eighths (rarely) or outhalf. Same goes for Scrum-half, we call them that here but it's also known as halfback elsewhere.

I was also a bit confused when the manager was explaining positions to Gion, I don't know anyone that uses the terms left centre and right centre. Probably just a Japan-ism. Here's what we use in Australia.

Forwards:

Front row: Loosehead Prop, Hooker and Tighthead Prop.
Second Row: Left Lock and Right Lock.
Back Row/Loose Forwards: Blindside Flanker, Openside Flanker and Number 8.

These groupings are related to how the scrum is packed. There's also one more grouping in the forwards.

Tight-five: Front row and Second row.

Backs:

Halves: Scrum-half and Fly-half.
Centres: Inside Centre and Outside Centre.
Outside Backs: Left Wing, Right Wing and Fullback.

There's also one more grouping in the backs.

Three-quarters: Centres and Wingers.

Anyway, Miyuki is in this other team. Someone called it in the episode one thread, looks like they were right.
loghneckbeardOct 14, 2016 4:50 AM
Oct 13, 2016 1:41 PM

Apr 2014
First of all: the OST is amazing. Love the rocktheme. Tackels were also very reallistic. The tackle Gion did on Sekizan is allowed in rugby, so they did that right :D. Can't wait for the match against Keijo
Oct 13, 2016 2:24 PM

Apr 2014
It's very promising, it's nothing spectacular yet, but it can really bloom into a great sports anime later on.

Excited for the match
Oct 13, 2016 3:02 PM

Aug 2014
Anonymousmon said:

Hope it will be a subplot like "Baby steps". That is how great romance are in a show/manga.
Oct 13, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2015
It's fine so far but I wish Iwashimizu Sumiaki wasn't so much of a downer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2015
Animation quality dropped fast, weird pacing and bland characters.

But rugby is a great sport for an anime adaptation, the matches will be a rush to watch.
Oct 13, 2016 4:20 PM

Sep 2013
Gion does the turtle and learns to tackle :)
That brief rock ost was gooood :O

Oct 13, 2016 4:33 PM

Jun 2012
Sweanime said:
Anonymousmon said:

Hope it will be a subplot like "Baby steps". That is how great romance are in a show/manga.

The manga has "Romantic Subplot" listed as one of it's categories. If it gets enough eps we can probably see some I think.
Oct 13, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode, not really much competitive rugby yet, but I think we'll see some in the next episode.
Oct 13, 2016 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
GangsterCat said:
next episode vs Keijo!!!!!!!!!!! high school xd
thought the exact same thing, kinda wondering which game they're gonna play though...
Oct 13, 2016 6:08 PM
Apr 2016
can wait for next episode i wonder if Miyuki will be mad or not when he sees tree trunk-kun
Oct 13, 2016 6:33 PM

Mar 2008
So I've been rewatching the OP and there's this yellow haired kid who does some crazy moves and I need to know who he is!! Can someone help me out here?

There's currently 5 yellow haired players in the series.

From character profiles:
Ebumi: Wing, speedster
Oharano: Stand-off, best 1st year player
Iwashimizu: Lock
Marodo: Wing
Hyosu: Flanker

And the screencaps clearly show the jersey number 11 and it seems like Marodo is #11.. But I have doubts that the player depicted is him... hmm ... I think it's Ebumi, but I'm not positive cause I thought it was Iwashimizu at first...

EDIT: I'm reading the manga right now and I think the 1st guy in my screencaps is different from the other 2... I think it's Oharano.. and I'm leaning on Ebumi for 2&3... Or I'm just completely off. I'm better off waiting for the scene to appear instead.
eternaltortureOct 13, 2016 6:59 PM
Oct 13, 2016 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
Another solid episode. Gion's fixation on tackling is pretty amusing and I liked seeing his determination in taking down Sekizan. That last tackle was great! Also glad to see that Iwashimizu ended up joining the team. What a cutie pie, I just wanna give him a hug.

I love the character designs for this show, so odd-looking and some weird shapes for faces plus those muscular bodies! Captain is a beefcake♥

Next week-- a match!
Oct 13, 2016 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
eternaltorture said:
So I've been rewatching the OP and there's this yellow haired kid who does some crazy moves and I need to know who he is!! Can someone help me out here?

And the screencaps clearly show the jersey number 11 and it seems like Marodo is #11.. But I have doubts that the player depicted is him... hmm ... I think it's Ebumi, but I'm not positive cause I thought it was Iwashimizu at first...

The first screencap is Oharano, the other two are Ebumi. Jersey numbers are based on position though, not attached to a particular player, so if someone was wearing #11, that means the game started with them in Left-wing (#11) position
removed-userOct 15, 2016 3:11 PM
Oct 13, 2016 8:09 PM

Dec 2014
bucked up.... kinda makes me jealous... but I have to say the midget and tall one sure act against their physique
Oct 13, 2016 8:10 PM

Mar 2008
Toua said:

The first screencap is Oharano, the other two are Ebumi. Jersey numbers are based on position though, not attached to a particular player, so if someone was wearing #11, that means the game started with them in Left-wing (#11) position

That's what I figured as well after starting the manga. Thanks for the confirmation and info!
This manga is solid
Oct 13, 2016 8:58 PM

Sep 2008
great episode!! loving all the characters, especially the winger. His ya-ha gave me eyeshield 21 flashbacks. i'm getting attached to the vice captain, i really like him a lot. I love Gion's personality and determination. I hope Iwashimizu can grow more so that he won't be so afraid anymore. His past is holding him down too much. I kept laughing at those tackles sounding like bombs though.
Oct 13, 2016 10:30 PM

May 2015
Really glad we got into the sports part.
Oct 13, 2016 11:20 PM

Mar 2015
The music was great this episode.

Looking forward for the next one.
Oct 14, 2016 12:14 AM

Mar 2015
Sweanime said:
Anonymousmon said:

It's a shame that studio pierrot animated that manga. I still remember the static-cg-viewers
Oct 14, 2016 4:04 AM
Mar 2016
2 episode so far, kinda like it ...

But ... I hope, it will show some different than many sports anime
Oct 14, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2016
Lelouch0202 said:

I don't really have any knowledge of the sport, but in an actual game is Giion's heel tackle legal? What constitutes a foul when it comes to tackling?

In rugby the most important rule is you can only tackle the player with the ball, unlike American football.

The two main things to look out for is a high tackle or a tackle without using your arms. If you tackle above the shoulders, grabbing around the neck for instance, it will be considered a dangerous tackle and you will be penalised. A tackle in rugby must be done using your arms to grab the other player. If you just charge a player using your shoulder you will also be penalised.

A low tackle isn't a problem, in fact most of the time it is better than a tackle around the hips as it is easier to bring the other player to the ground when you lock his legs together. Of course, it is also easier to dodge or fend off a tackle aimed at your feet.

One more rule: If somebody is jumping in the air, to catch the ball for instance, you have to be very careful to bring him safely to the ground if you want to tackle him, or you will also be penalised.
Oct 14, 2016 5:11 AM

Jun 2008
ichii_1 said:
Gion does the turtle and learns to tackle :)
That brief rock ost was gooood :O

It is a tad bit more confusing that American football positions.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 14, 2016 6:29 AM

Jun 2013
So basically, Gion just wants to play rugby because it gives him an excuse to hit people. And he wants to start off with beating up the team captain but he ends up getting thrown away himself. It was kinda cool how he crashed into his legs in his final tackle and made him fall. He learned the perfect way to tackle and used that form in breaking his legs but instead he banged his head into those rock hard bones. And now the team will be fighting Keijo high. God dammit! Thanks to a certain anime, I'm starting to associate "Keijo" with bouncing boobs and swinging butts. But this is only slightly different though. The opening sequence starts with showing butts and pecs which are the male equivalent for butts (obviously) and boobs. Anyway, tree trunk's friend plays for Keijo high and he's the same kid who dislocated his shoulder and then they lost and tree trunk doesn't want to dislocate his shoulder again. He's afraid of his own strength lol.

This episode was kinda better than the first one. Gion is kinda like an annoying brat who wants to do what he wants i.e crashing into people. He's kinda annoying. And tree trunk really shouldn't be so timid because it's so weird seeing a giant blush and stutter and cower in fear like some loser. And now we'll be getting some guys beating up guys action. Should at least look cool I guess.
Oct 14, 2016 6:30 AM

Dec 2014
Dreampanther said:
Lelouch0202 said:

In rugby the most important rule is you can only tackle the player with the ball, unlike American football.

The two main things to look out for is a high tackle or a tackle without using your arms. If you tackle above the shoulders, grabbing around the neck for instance, it will be considered a dangerous tackle and you will be penalised. A tackle in rugby must be done using your arms to grab the other player. If you just charge a player using your shoulder you will also be penalised.

A low tackle isn't a problem, in fact most of the time it is better than a tackle around the hips as it is easier to bring the other player to the ground when you lock his legs together. Of course, it is also easier to dodge or fend off a tackle aimed at your feet.

One more rule: If somebody is jumping in the air, to catch the ball for instance, you have to be very careful to bring him safely to the ground if you want to tackle him, or you will also be penalised.

Thanks a lot, Appreciate it. This should really help towards understanding the sport while watching the game next week.
Oct 14, 2016 6:33 AM

Nov 2015
The training looked intense.

Oct 14, 2016 7:23 AM

Mar 2013
Man... Sekizan's hair is so weird. I can't stop laughing everytime I see it.
Oct 14, 2016 8:49 AM

Oct 2008
Now that I've think about it, the artstyle is similar to Baki the Grappler.
Gion is small but strong! and has a keen sense of observation.
There will be a practice match! alright this would be a good experience for Gion!
4/5.

Oct 14, 2016 9:18 AM

Jan 2015
Much better than the first episode
Oct 14, 2016 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Snaita said:
Sweanime said:

The manga has "Romantic Subplot" listed as one of it's categories. If it gets enough eps we can probably see some I think.

I think that's a mistake, since I've read several volumes, and there's no romance. The only prominent female character is the manager, and even her role is very small. There's plenty of "bromance" though.
Oct 14, 2016 10:12 AM

Apr 2011
I want to like this anime but the character design is killing me.
Oct 14, 2016 10:45 AM

May 2014
I really liked the turtle thing
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 14, 2016 11:26 AM

Mar 2014
Some of these character designs are awful

Like the dude with devil horns for hair XD

He's blind too, saying the MC doesn't have muscles. Dude did you even look at him?
Oct 14, 2016 11:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
first episode was better than this, although had their moments Ç;Ç)
Oct 14, 2016 12:16 PM
Sep 2009
Epic tackle, worth all the wait
Oct 14, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2012
Toua said:
Snaita said:

I think that's a mistake, since I've read several volumes, and there's no romance. The only prominent female character is the manager, and even her role is very small. There's plenty of "bromance" though.

Really, I haven't read it, maybe the guys at mangaupdates voted on the wrong category. I won't be watching for the romance then.
Oct 14, 2016 1:09 PM

Aug 2015
Cant wait to see more Ebumi , fckin love highschool delinquent .
Oct 14, 2016 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
what's up with this dude's face?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 9:26 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

22 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 9:11 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

17 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:51 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

18 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:29 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

19 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 7:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.