Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2016 12:01 PM

Aug 2012
Hey LN readers, can we maybe not be fucking dickheads and talk about future developments like it's the general thread? Ah who am I kidding...

Anyway, this was the best episode yet. The voice acting was indeed godly, directing was the best stuff yet, and the way they dug into the human nature that nobody here wants to admit they'd fall to in Subaru's situation, was absolutely fantastic. There were constant subtleties in Subaru's character leading to this, and the not so subtleties that everyone's been bitching about recently were what drove this home. Weekly reminder that you or I would be little to no different in Subaru's shoes.

And Rem best girl forever. This was the only way the episode could have progressed, but it huuuuuurts. That smile needs to be protected
Jul 31, 2016 12:03 PM
Jan 2015
Homonculus said:
Really loved the episode.

I have one question, why does Subaru starts laughing when he is being frozen to death by Puck. Sorry if this is an obvious one.

I would think it's just extreme stress that makes him go crazy. Like when someone cry-laughs at absolute despair. He feels weak, helpless, and unable to cope with the hopeless situation.
Jul 31, 2016 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
@AvidAnimeViewer nice thoughts Pal
Jul 31, 2016 12:04 PM
May 2016
IZEROII said:
Best girl is right in front of you!!! You son of a bitch!!!!

Damn fine episode.
Well.....Subaru ask her if she want to escape with him. Maybe he realized for a couple of minutes?
Jul 31, 2016 12:05 PM

Dec 2015
Amazing character development, introspection, and character interaction. This episode also had some great romantic elements until Subaru said he loves Emilia. YOU GIANT FUCKING IDIOT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! I was team Emilia and am not really a big shipper, but come on... it is clear he should be with Rem. Forget about Emilia you fucking tard. Anyways that was my complaint.

Episode score: 5/5
Jul 31, 2016 12:05 PM
Aug 2015
3 words for this episode.... Fvk u subaru!!

Rem make u move on, giving all his might to make u sane again, the most loving u one.. AND U STILL FVKING SAY "I LOVE EMILIA" like u trying to say "I LIKE BIT*H." here SERIOUSLY WTF.... OMG if i were be u, will go take rem and give up for that BITCH ARGGGGH!!!

after this episode i just cant watching rem dead again... i just cant... i cant see my waifu hurt like this... i cant, i am so FVKING DONE M8.
MolanderoJul 31, 2016 12:12 PM
Jul 31, 2016 12:06 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Just because he choice emilia people are saying shit
one of the best episodes so far, nice charachter development.
Jul 31, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
Best anime episode of the year, it hit me as much as episode 116 of Hunter x Hunter and that's saying something
Sup...
Jul 31, 2016 12:07 PM

Mar 2011
Nitralon said:
IZEROII said:
Best girl is right in front of you!!! You son of a bitch!!!!

Damn fine episode.
Well.....Subaru ask her if she want to escape with him. Maybe he realized for a couple of minutes?

He asks her to escape with him

he said

makes darned sense ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 31, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
LOL
I literally laughed my ass off on his reply to her confess.
This episode was hilarious.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Jul 31, 2016 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
If I wanted to listen to 20 minute long confessions and summaries, I would go to funerals.

..wew... what a time waste... This shit is far too over rated, it even surpasses overwatch. Im watching it for sake of seeing how bad anime can be actually made, and this surpasses my expectations every signle time.
May 2016
say whatever you want regarding this episode, but damn all of those rem's line to subaru is romantic as fuck.

Mar 2016
Subaru are so lucky to have Rem in your life, it's beautiful to see how the Rem loves, even if the way it is. I wanted so much that in the end he stayed with Rem instead of Emilia, but it is almost impossible, and it seems that Rem lit the mind of the Subaru and made him rethink everything, it seems that now he takes a turn. THAT SCENE LINDA Rem declaring, Subaru taking way and getting the story from zero, in the end he speaking the title of the anime, it's like here was the moment the anime really begins, finally, beautiful episode, very worth the worth waiting one week (sorry my very bad english, please).
Jul 31, 2016 12:10 PM
May 2015
I have been rooting fot emilia all this time, but you know what? FUCK emilia. Rem is the real deal and i still dont understand how subaru loves emilia and not rem -_-
May 2016
TokyoGhost said:
If I wanted to listen to 20 minute long confessions and summaries, I would go to funerals.

..wew... what a time waste... This shit is far too over rated, it even surpasses overwatch. Im watching it for sake of seeing how bad anime can be actually made, and this surpasses my expectations every signle time.

Please leave and don't come back. Literally nobody wants you here.
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
All theses 1/5 are rem faggots, certainly.....
A man can't be honest to your sentiments, we know since the start that he love emilia, why complain just now? makes so much sense.

Jul 2014
Okay screw the ship thing puck was so badass in this episode

May 2010
And ladies and gents, Rem is officially one of the best waifus ever--protect that smile pls
Jul 31, 2016 12:11 PM
Jun 2016
Sorry, wasn't this the ep where they torture subaru or emilia and rip her skin

Apr 2009
love this episode.. finally the story starts.. xd

Apr 2015
The episode was really good but I had one problem with it. I felt like nothing happened, but what did happen was really important. The episode was really good but I didn't feel the same sense of adrenaline/entertainment as much as other episodes. But hey, that could be just me.
Jul 31, 2016 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
Langley_Lu said:
Wonderland-aries said:

Doesnt really matter because he truly loves Emilia always

eh...As a LN reader, I can't talk too much, but from the latest chapter, Rem is equal with Emlia in Subaru's heart, maybe more.
In the whole book Subaru just suicide twice, and both for Rem.

Well yea the LN is really slow and basically is where the anime is, theres way more stuff after the LN which is also after the anime

Aug 2010
I teared up. From Rem's <3
>I like it when Subaru pats my head. When your hand brushes through my hair, I feel like we’re connected.
>I like Subaru’s voice. My heart feels warmer every time I hear you speak.
>I like Subaru’s eyes. I like how even though they’re usually sharp, when you’re gentle to someone, your eyes will be the same.
>I like Subaru’s fingers. Even though you’re a boy you have such pretty fingers. But whenever you grip them it lets others know that they’re undeniably a boy’s, those thin, strong fingers.
>I like Subaru’s way of walking. I like how whenever we walk together, you always tilt your head back to make sure that I’m following you.
>I like Subaru’s sleeping face. It’s defenseless like a baby’s, and the eyelashes a little long. When I touch your cheeks it becomes an expression of relief, and whenever I playfully touch your lips you never notice…my chest hurts when I see it, but I still like it.
>Subaru says he hates himself. Looking at it this way, then Subaru has many good qualities. Rem wants Subaru to be aware that she knows these points.

I've been waiting for this to be animated sooo long!!! And it was so perfect!!!

Subaru rejecting Rem for his stupid first love made me salty but meh. I like Subaru. He should be a BA now. And Rem's reaction was great.

REM REMEDY <3

Also Puck was friggin epic!! Loved his "U truly are slothful Subaru"
Oct 2010
Scholek said:
Homonculus said:
Really loved the episode.

I have one question, why does Subaru starts laughing when he is being frozen to death by Puck. Sorry if this is an obvious one.

I would think it's just extreme stress that makes him go crazy. Like when someone cry-laughs at absolute despair. He feels weak, helpless, and unable to cope with the hopeless situation.

Yeah I think he was laughing at how useless he was and how helpless the situation was as well.

This is his third time and the more he does the worst things gets.

-First two times ended up with everyone dead, but the second time he witnessed rem's death and it was pretty gruesome.

The third time however was different because he caused the death of everyone around him.

-Rem sacrifices herself to the white whale but it is only following them because of Subaru's scent

- Emilia dies because Subaru tells her his secret

Topping this off with puck's statements it finally made him realize how useless and powerless he is and how his involvement only made things worse for himself and others around him (in this scenario of course). The whole scenario also forced a lot of self reflection from him but unfortunately he only saw the bad and not the good.
Jul 31, 2016 12:14 PM
Feb 2012
It's not that I'm too upset about Subaru not shipping with Rem, what makes me upset is the flip-flop in emotions his character takes in this scene. He shifted too easily from wanting to run away with Rem to being stone cold set on Emilia.
Jul 31, 2016 12:14 PM

Mar 2011
TragicRomance said:
And ladies and gents, Rem is officially one of the best waifus ever--protect that smile pls

Yes

We should protect that smile (from Subaru) :)
Jul 31, 2016 12:17 PM

Oct 2015
Well at least Subaru admits he is an ass, unlike some people saying he deserves to act the way he did before because of what he went through.
Jul 31, 2016 12:17 PM

Apr 2013
Ein said:
It's starting to feel like Subaru only likes Emilia because of her role as heroine. Even in the afterwards of volume 1, the author says something along the lines of, "aren't silver haired heroines the best?". Really feels like the author is fulfilling his own desires instead of paying attention to the feelings of the characters. I hate to sound like a Rem shipper but who wouldn't choose Rem after an exchange like that? Well, at least the author had the decency to end the ship so the audience wouldn't be mislead in the future along with Rem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on Emilias side but I just hope that Subaru would have a more genuine reason for going after her besides the whole "she saved me when I first got here". Good will is not a good reason to fall for someone. Rem has been a companion to Subaru who's stuck with him through thick and thin, but mostly thin. To have someone pour their heart out for him and then to reject them just does not feel like the realistic choice.

You can't always apply logic to feelings of love.

But I do believe there's some truth in that it could just be the authors desire, but Subaru's love for Emilia is really helping to propel the story. I don't think Subaru would work as hard to save Emilia, if he just wanted her as a friend. But I'm on #TeamRem now after her and Subaru's conversation this ep.
Jul 31, 2016 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode, will go done as one of my favorites ever.
Jun 2016
Oh. My God, this episode. What an amazing way to make me emphathize with Subaru even more. Great character development in showing him acknowledging his faults instead of denying them.

I'm also just glad Subaru was able to smile again, after being put through so much.

Jul 2015
Now thats's what you call real character developement

Jan 2015
TokyoGhost said:

You have scored SAO... 10, fucking TEN!!
And now you cry like a bitch over this masterpiece rated at 2 in MAL...
Please go away and search for a brain! Thanks!
Jul 31, 2016 12:19 PM

Dec 2012
Oh my god 10/10
Don't die again Subaru this is the best checkpoint!

May 2015
This is the episode which RE:awakened the fan boy in me,
perfect characterization and dialogue
It have been a while since I cried in an anime episode .The emitions were so powerful.
And I wil stay REM IS THE BEST GIRL
just that subaru doesn't deserve her
Nov 2015
White Fox is slayyying this season tbh, I've never thought of them as a particularly amazing studio, but Re:Zero is seriously making me reconsider that.
Jul 2016
Honestly I have to say having watched anime for well over 14 years....this has got to be one of the best episodes I have ever seen. On a side note I am so glad I have a woman like rem by my side n.n. Over all 10/10 for amazing dialog,voice acting, animation, ost. This episode had it all. Well played.
Jul 31, 2016 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not actually bothered cause Rem is too good for Subaru.
Jul 31, 2016 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Mustakurmu said:
TokyoGhost said:

You have scored SAO... 10, fucking TEN!!
And now you cry like a bitch over this masterpiece rated at 2 in MAL...
Please go away and search for a brain! Thanks!

wow, someone has been badly triggered. Sorry for expressing my honest thoughts and tastes, while respecting others. I love to give both good and bad feedbacks, not only good ones, but I am aware many dislike such people ^^ Cheers dude
Jul 31, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
"I humbly accept."
Damn, what an episode.
Do not let yourself be blinded by fear or anger. Everything is only as it is.
Jul 31, 2016 12:23 PM
Aug 2012
I died from overwhelming feels during Rem speech, especialy when she talks about fammilly and children ;_;

Also, fuck you Suzuki...

Jun 2014
Kampane said:
Ein said:
It's starting to feel like Subaru only likes Emilia because of her role as heroine. Even in the afterwards of volume 1, the author says something along the lines of, "aren't silver haired heroines the best?". Really feels like the author is fulfilling his own desires instead of paying attention to the feelings of the characters. I hate to sound like a Rem shipper but who wouldn't choose Rem after an exchange like that? Well, at least the author had the decency to end the ship so the audience wouldn't be mislead in the future along with Rem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on Emilias side but I just hope that Subaru would have a more genuine reason for going after her besides the whole "she saved me when I first got here". Good will is not a good reason to fall for someone. Rem has been a companion to Subaru who's stuck with him through thick and thin, but mostly thin. To have someone pour their heart out for him and then to reject them just does not feel like the realistic choice.

You can't always apply logic to feelings of love.

But I do believe there's some truth in that it could just be the authors desire, but Subaru's love for Emilia is helping to propel the story. But at this point, I'm really loving Rem (especially after her and Subaru's monologue this ep).

Logic does exist within love to an extent though. Love is a culmination of attraction and attachment. Considering how heavily reliant Subaru has been on Rem and how she hasn't failed to put him at ease and reassure himself, it seems like an odd choice for him to go with Emilia seemingly only because of her role in the story.
Jul 2018
This episode was amazing...Literally gave me some heavy feels. But bruh how you gonna say you like emlia after all that wtf dude I was shocked af Hahaha.
Jul 2018
Ok did anyone paid attention to what Puck said at the beginning?

"If you truly want to kill me then grow a thousand shadows, half of what satella could."

Can someone explain me what he's trying to say without spoiling? Satella here refers to the witch right. And what are shadows?
Oct 2015
Even though I don't like the show anymore, I can tell this episode is perfect in everything. Goddamn Rem destroyed my heart. This episode alone made me fall in love with this show. The entire episode is why I love anime so much.

Fuck you Subura. HOW THE HELL CAN REJECT THIS GODDESS.

Oh, also this why u can't judge a show until it's over, remind me of Cowboy Bebop when the first episodes were nothing good until episode 4 came and slapped me hard in the face.

So much emotions.

Jun 2013
How am i not surprised to see all the 1 star ratings
Honestly dont even care anymore, this was an amazing episode and an amazing show, this shit happens anytime something gets popular and its really irritating.
Jul 31, 2016 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
beast_regards said:
Entire episode full of Subaru stupid screaming.

Hey he came clear about most thing people had against and is going to start over.

Apr 2011
Rem got rejected and Sabaru just manned up! 10/10!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jul 2007
MozillaFennekin said:
Nice to see Subaru explaining his character for those that haven't gotten it by now.

+1 to that. And I thought that "From Zero" part was very powerful after all the negative shit we've had to suffer through. This show is 10/10 for me.
eraltergJul 31, 2016 12:32 PM
Jul 31, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2010
Haizel said:
XAlamoX said:
Not to say Subaru's choice was a wrong one (Choosing Emilia over Rem) but I have no idea why he made the choice he did. Emilia has done almost nothing for Subaru in comparison to Rem. Rem has literally died for him twice and what has Emilia done? Save him from a few thugs and let him rest on her lap? I mean sure, whatever man. I'm just glad he's back to his happy self :c.

So much this, I mean Subaru may have his good reasons to like Emilia more than Rem and that's ok but taking into account that the series is 99% centered on Subaru and he hasn't ever gone into a rant about why he likes Emilia it just bugs me.

^My exact thoughts. I'm sorry but currently I see no explanation why Subaru loves Emilia so much. Since episode 1 till now all of their relationship was just bland flirting. And if some strong feelings ever come up, THEY'RE OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE without explanation. I'd understand it if he gave some reason for his feelings, but it's all "BLALA PROTECT EMILIA, BLALA SAVE EMILIA". Is he fucking hypnotized to cling to Emilia so fucking tightly?

Look, I'm not some hardcore shipper and who loves who is not my biggest concern most of the times, but c'mon Subaru x Emilia seems so damn forced it's even ruining the whole feel of the anime for me.

And YES, I am salty, I'm 100% salt right now, but I can't fucking help it that I have ZERO (hehe) love for what is happening right now.
Jul 31, 2016 12:25 PM

May 2012
Holy hell Puck, what've you been eating. It obviously seems like they're enemies, but I'm super curious about his relationship and past with the Witch.

I guess they finally spoonfed his character to people who found it that difficult to understand him, even though it honestly wasn't anything too deep or complicated enough to understand. :v

G'damn, that ost was on point for these scenes.

Pages (37) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

32 by KuyaC »»
Today, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.