Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2016 10:07 AM

Sep 2015
Haven't read the manga, the story seems interesting and all but I can't get over that shoujo character design. I was honestly thinking about dropping it for the character design early on in the episode
Jul 4, 2016 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
Typical. Not impressed.

Some potential for further characterisation and development, but I'm not really expecting a whole lot. I can already tell that Naho is going to be irritating.

Guess I'll be keeping my expectations low for the future.
Jul 4, 2016 10:56 AM

Oct 2015
twigglyfiggly said:
yonaaofthedawn said:
I already love this anime!
kinda reminds me of Ao Haru Ride tho..
and I think the opening is kinda annoying because 8mm autistic and can't handle things that move too fastly..
also they gave me too little time to read all these letters, so I had to pause the anime like all the time.
I really love the art, characters and plot.
I actually thought Ao Haru Ride too, but really because of the character designs. I think Orange will tuen out to be less vanilla.

ah ok.
it kinda reminds me of it as well because the future Naho rethinks about Kakeru and in AHR Futaba reminds herself of Kou as well and yeah the plot also reminds me of it tho.
but I read the manga of orange came ouot earlier than AHR so I guess AHR looks like Orange then..
I'm sorry for my bad english lmao I'm not english and tired XDD
Jul 4, 2016 11:02 AM
Apr 2016
i really hope the anime stays faithful to the manga, so far it's not doing bad...
Jul 4, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2009
Great start! Best of the season so far IMO. Haven't watched a lot of new stuff lately, and I missed HanaKana! She makes Naho so much better. Really like the character designs, almost have a 90's feel to them. And the direction is great so far, almost reminds me if a Satoshi Kon work. Will definitely be sticking with this one.
Jul 4, 2016 11:11 AM

Sep 2015
Meh meh meh.It's fine I suppose
Though the manga is rated 8.80?...LOLs.
Jul 4, 2016 11:13 AM
Feb 2015
So far I feel like the manga was much better as the parts where the letter comes into play with Naho's decision making seemed almost random.
Hopefully this was just an awkward 1st episode, I'll continue to keep the faith.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2016 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit anime only right here and already getting the feels. Looking forward to the next!
Jul 4, 2016 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
How many dozens of characters read Japanese peoples per second? It was so fucking hard to watch because I had to get out of the bed and rewind the video every time they showed the letter... it may work to read in manga put keeping the text for 2-3 second on the screen, while also talking (so I had to read the subtitle too) is not very practical... was it so difficult to put a damn narration!!?
Jul 4, 2016 12:19 PM

Oct 2014
animefan8800 said:
Anime-only watcher here, it was pretty good. Of bread-fueled montages and softball homers. XD So the plot is to save Kakeru, her first love. Interesting, but if she succeeds and they end up together I'm assuming Future Suwa will get the shaft big time? Unless that child wasn't theirs together or something. An inherent problem for a series like this as I'll feel bad for him then. Already kinda do knowing he couldn't make her happy enough to get over Kakeru's death. I'll be interested to see if that thought will continue to annoy me throughout or if the show gets past it. Well either way not bad so far.

Yeah, I get what you mean. That was the first thought that came to my head too. That would be funny if the anime was trolling us, and the child actually belonged to Azusa...or someone else entirely.

But, I think that perhaps if Kakeru does die (which it definitely seems like he will), she's going to end up with Suwa regardless more than likely. Perhaps her mission isn't necessarily to change her future, but to change her past. Not quite sure if that makes any sense, but I hope that it does.
Jul 4, 2016 12:58 PM

Aug 2014
The ending was very unexpected like i could foreshadow where this is going...
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 4, 2016 1:23 PM
Jun 2016
[Haven't read the manga]
Loved the first episode lots, I'm excited to watch the rest of the anime and see how it goes. Nice story and art and I'm loving all the characters so far. Am I the only one who finds Naho's face sort of annoying?:x Like, the eyes sort of awkward at times. IDK.
Jul 4, 2016 1:32 PM

Nov 2015
Maverick-sama said:
animefan8800 said:
Anime-only watcher here, it was pretty good. Of bread-fueled montages and softball homers. XD So the plot is to save Kakeru, her first love. Interesting, but if she succeeds and they end up together I'm assuming Future Suwa will get the shaft big time? Unless that child wasn't theirs together or something. An inherent problem for a series like this as I'll feel bad for him then. Already kinda do knowing he couldn't make her happy enough to get over Kakeru's death. I'll be interested to see if that thought will continue to annoy me throughout or if the show gets past it. Well either way not bad so far.

Same here that almost ruined it for me. She's sent herself messages back in time so she wouldn't end up with her current love/husband father of her child???

Pretty sad for Suwa.

Depending on the next epsiode I might be putting this one hold till it's complete and trying it again.

natsu791 said:
After i finished ReLife, everything else seem inferior =/

So far, ReLife is a great series. Binged through that in a day. Really well put together.

I get what you mean. But, Naho loves Suwa in the original universe. First off, why would Naho marry Suwa then proceed having a child with him? Just think about it. You'll understand this story as this story progresses since I've read the manga and watched the live-action.
Jul 4, 2016 2:01 PM
Jun 2016
I love this anime, I can't wait to see how it develops in the upcoming weeks. The art, style, & voices of this anime is really nice as well. I feel like the story line & plot is going to be very interesting, fun & enjoyable to watch as well & I can't wait until next week!!!
Jul 4, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2014
Dat animation 👌 10/10
This and Tales of Zestiria X look too beautiful, like it isn't allowed to.
This season has an as interesting lineup as always. I'm looking forward to everything!
8/10.
Jul 4, 2016 2:20 PM
May 2016
kamisama751 said:
This episode isn't that bad and there are actually some visually interesting directing elements.

Mind giving some examples?
Jul 4, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2014
Interesting episode! So far it doesn't capture the same feeling as the manga but I don't think it's a bad thing. I liked the focus on landscapes even when a character was on screen and the minimal use of music during some scenes. It managed to create a very enjoyable atmosphere. Some faces looked weird but I appreciate the more nuanced facial expressions each character showed.
I'm looking forward to next week.
Jul 4, 2016 3:53 PM

Nov 2008
Stylistically nice, haven't read the manga but estimating this to be more dramatically intense than I originally thought. A pleasant start to a promising series that this genre has been lacking over the last few seasons of which case, this season seems to be loaded with quality choice.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jul 4, 2016 4:18 PM
Sep 2014
as not a manga reader i am enjoying this so much
and i think i would enjoy it more than manga readers after all.

I also like the OP and ED so much , its rare to have a show with both OP and ED being so good
Jul 4, 2016 4:37 PM

Jan 2015
Intense. Love it already !...
Jul 4, 2016 5:19 PM

Sep 2013
Don't tell me the nob dies prematurely lol.
Jul 4, 2016 5:22 PM

Apr 2015
Gotta Say I Watched It Just For Fun But While Watching It I Was Actually Gripped By The Story,For A Moment I Was Lost. And At The Ending I Was So Sad To Hear About ******Death In The Future ,I Felt Like I Had Known The Anime For A Long Time.Well That's My Opinion
Jul 4, 2016 5:47 PM
Jul 2014
O hi, i came here to say one thing. !Butterfly effect I N T E N S I F I E S !!!
Jul 4, 2016 5:56 PM

Aug 2013
Fuck the feels dude
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 4, 2016 6:51 PM

Aug 2009
I have hopes for this one. This ep had me clenching my seat wondering if she was going to take the pitch or not. I can't wait for more :D

Jul 4, 2016 8:29 PM

Oct 2015
ohh man i've been anxiously waiting for this one...i read the manga while back and when i heard they were doing an anime adaptation of this i was stoked!

not too bad for the first episode, i'm sure it'll get better as it goes along. I get a lot of Ao Haru Ride vibes from this animation. i assume they're done by the same company?

any who cant wait for next weeks episode. bring on the feels train
Jul 4, 2016 8:46 PM
Feb 2014
Man. I haven't read the manga. But this anime has promise. I'm interested in what's up with Kakeru. I'm guessing cancer. Anyone else?
This reminds me of 'Your Lie in April'. I swear, I'm going to cry waterfalls by the end of this anime. I can tell.
Also, what's up with Suwa? Another best friend that crushes on the MC? I can't tell...
But...not bad. I'm interesting.
Jul 4, 2016 8:56 PM
Jun 2016
I definitely love the idea of letters from the future, I'm already hooked, to be honest. I'm probably going to end up in a puddle of my own tears at the end of this anime.
Jul 4, 2016 9:06 PM

Apr 2014
Maverick-sama said:
animefan8800 said:

Same here that almost ruined it for me. She's sent herself messages back in time so she wouldn't end up with her current love/husband father of her child???

Pretty sad for Suwa.

Depending on the next epsiode I might be putting this one hold till it's complete and trying it again.

natsu791 said:
After i finished ReLife, everything else seem inferior =/

So far, ReLife is a great series. Binged through that in a day. Really well put together.
Thats a very shallow way of thinking. Im not going to say I know whats going to happen but yes there are people who regret the "happy" life they soon have. They regret the big house the spouse and child. Humans are complex like that. I'm not saying this anime is going to go into the deep end of psychology and human behavior but that type of mentality wont take me away from the experience.
Jul 4, 2016 9:15 PM

Jun 2012
It's been a while since I've watched an anime of this genre. I quite enjoyed the first episode. It's done its job in selling the premise very well as I can't help but be tempted to simply pick up the manga and read on from there, but since it's an adaptation of a finished work and I quite like the animation and suspense of weekly instalments, I'll hold off on that for now.
Jul 4, 2016 10:24 PM

May 2015
JkayW said:
Kittens-kun said:

You watch anime just to shit on it in the forums. Get a life.

No, I give my opinion. It doesn't matter if that opinion is negative or positive, I will give it regardless of what people like you will think of me.

Stop stereotyping me just because I didn't like your shoujo.

Alne said:

damn the bait here is strong

Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean it's bait.

Not stereotyping when it's the truth.

Jul 4, 2016 10:51 PM

Dec 2009
I read the manga of Orange awhile ago (I need to buy it when I get the chance) but I hardly remember anything other than the letter from the future about saving kakeru and the tricky subject matter. As someone who has struggled with depression myself, this series was tough to read but it's just too good to negatively take off points just because I'm iffy on the subject matter. Looking forward to seeing how this anime adapts the content, definitely excited for this emotional ride! It seems series that deal with time travel always end up being extremely fun to watch/and or masterpieces (Steins; Gate, Erased, Re:Zero, and Orange).

5/5 for the first episode
Jul 4, 2016 10:52 PM

May 2009
Alne said:
JkayW said:

No, I give my opinion. It doesn't matter if that opinion is negative or positive, I will give it regardless of what people like you will think of me.

i could care less if you disagree with me or not, i just have trouble believing you'd crap so hard on something one episode in and call people who like it "sourcefags" for any other reason than to get reactions and stir up the crowd here. which yes would make it bait. not your ordinary bait, but bait nonetheless.

Most of his opinions are stated in a very puerile manner.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Jul 4, 2016 10:56 PM

Jan 2014
Here we go, another tear-producing masterpiece that's going to swallow me up and spit me out.
Jul 4, 2016 10:59 PM

Feb 2015
So this is the first anime I've ever watched where I actually read the manga before. Just like anything in existence, that's been adapted from something else I felt like there were a few elements out of place for the anime especially when only looking at just this first episode.

I do admit I really enjoyed how things were laid out the way they were storywise in the manga versus the switched up details in the anime and as of right now I don't think it was a bad decision but I do think it was flawed. If I hadn't pre-read then I'm sure I'd be like some of the people just watching the anime that don't have as good a grasp on all the elements of the story's introductions either.

Aside from that though the art, mostly the backgrounds, are beautifully illustrated, but that wasn't much of a surprise since I'd seen stills of the art beforehand and already had those expectations. Characters were also true to details and very well drawn too.

I do have to say that you can tell very well that this isn't one of the biggest high budget projects this season just from seeing how the characters and frames move it's not perfect but it's not awful either. I'd say this is mostly due to the animation studio being fairly unknown to me and this being really one of their biggest projects. The sound is also good, really cheerful nothing outstanding, so there aren't any complaints there.

For a first episode, pretty decent and interesting mainly just waiting to make a more developed judgment when a few more episodes have aired.
Jul 4, 2016 10:59 PM

May 2009
Kittens-kun said:
JkayW said:

Not stereotyping when it's the truth.

Just ignore it. People who make childish rants and promote negativity that isn't constructive won't get them anywhere. He seems to be hateful of many things for some reason. Let him be. He'll realise he'll mostly make a fool out of himself.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Jul 4, 2016 11:07 PM

Mar 2013
I haven't read the manga yet but this anime seemed interesting right away. I'm definitely hooked. The way their faces are, especially mouths, when animated is a little odd but not bad. I almost want to go binge read the manga now. It's way too interesting.
Jul 4, 2016 11:16 PM
Oct 2015
There is definitely a lot of potential for this anime to be really good, and I've heard great things about the manga. It could be one of the best of the season. It was a really enjoyable first episode!
Jul 4, 2016 11:26 PM

May 2014
Since I read the manga and find out it will get an adaptation I was really waiting for it , A good start for this anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 12:32 AM

Jun 2009
I wonder if it's so much future Naho is wanting to save Kakeru or that he's doomed regardless and she simply wants her younger self to fully enjoy the time she had with him or something like that. At least I don't think it was explicitly ever said that she was to save him?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 5, 2016 1:54 AM
Nov 2015
The show really seems promising. Let's hope for the best
Invisible Senpai
http://senpai-knows.com/
Jul 5, 2016 4:07 AM

Jan 2014
by the looks of it, this might be my favourite of the season
Jul 5, 2016 4:21 AM

Jan 2015
I'm really not up for watching something depressing and I keep getting a hunch this is going to be a depressing story :/
Jul 5, 2016 4:52 AM
Sep 2015
Yeahhhhhh great start to the anime of one of mah fav mangas :D Hope they do the ending as beautifully as the manga or better.
Jul 5, 2016 4:53 AM

Nov 2012
I'll keep watching but the main character is boring as fuck.

Wonder what she's regretting, maybe it's really just "Man, I wish I had fucked that asshole before he went and died and shit."

And how did she send the letter back in time? Is she a scientist or some shit or is this one of those anime where she just drops the letter in the mail and the magic mailman sees the date and hops on his time bike and drops it off back in the good ol 2000's?

At least in Death Note you get to write someone's name and they die. That's pretty cool. In this story, her book has the power to magically solve some first world problem.
"Holy shit better risk the butterfly effect and changing the course of my entire life for the worst by changing the past for some fucking trivial shit."

Jul 5, 2016 5:28 AM

Jul 2015
Well that was a very nice first episode. the characters are pretty nice, music is good, scenery is awesome, and I'm so glad she listened to that letter. I'm interested in seeing how things will go.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 5, 2016 5:58 AM

Jul 2009
This show is the one I was most looking forward to this season, and after seeing the first episode, I know I had a good reason to. It's fantastic so far! Time travel stuff (or messing with/changing time, in this case) is a genre I've grown to love recently. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.
Jul 5, 2016 8:14 AM

Jan 2014
Falling in love with him in just two weeks or so? isn't that a bit too fast? hold your horses, girl!

I think it will be a nice series, I like the art, the atmosphere of a normal high school life- except for the letter of course- and the voice actors/actress (the MC voice actress is one of my favorite).
Jul 5, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2012
Average episode so far. I will watch 1 or 2 more episodes and I see if is worth watching or dropping
Jul 5, 2016 12:03 PM

Nov 2012
Decent episode. The pacing was good, and the concept is fairly interesting. I don't really like any of the characters besides Naho though, maybe they'll grow on me later. But their group seems kind of retarded so far lol.

Animation is alright and the backgrounds are beautiful, but character art is IMO kind of ugly. Reminds me of Chihayafuru, and I didn't like the art there either.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

381 by Minonine »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.