Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy...Chidori still having a hard time trying to get over her recent problems.

Katsuhira and Noriko's relationship still feels strange to me. I do like how they build more into their relationship because of their similarities but at the same time, I find them rather uninteresting.

Meanwhile, I do like how it gives more insight into how the Kiznaiver system influenced their lives. Not bad to build up into the series' finale especially from Noriko's perspective.
Jun 18, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
Showing more scene of the kids.

Fushigi-kei girl sending messages about what she saw to the group. lol @ those two. Main guy said sorry and thank you to the girl. That hurts her, though, like rejecting her feeling. The guy who likes pain understands pain, it seems that understands that main guy tries to feel pain. Principle still want to stop the experiment.

Nori-chan girl came to the class? He takes initiative of asking the group's intention to be connected. To feel safe because being with friends. They are feeling again through him? It seems like Nori-chan girl feels the same about the connection. Kizna System automatically disappeared after the summer just because Kizna System has limit to connect to begin with, and the pain is not related to the system. Nori-chan girl's action is to call out to the world through overhead microphone to "connect"? Is she that lonely that she wants the project to continue?

Final next.

"Yuta-kun desu" guy for ED CM (not sure if last week was the girl that likes the main guy for ED CM last week[).
tsubasaloverJun 18, 2016 8:02 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 18, 2016 8:12 AM
Jul 2014
Sooo.. Human Instrumentality Project next episode? Will we get to see Nori-chan turn everyone into orange goo?
Jun 18, 2016 9:01 AM

Jan 2012
It's kinda astounding just how boring and difficult to sit through this has become. This episode had maybe two minutes where I didn't have to fight the urge to skip ahead or check the time, mostly that absurd ending. Thank god the finale is next week.
Jun 18, 2016 9:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Katsuhira really launched himself to be the best character within these last 2 eps

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this series is gonna end
Jun 18, 2016 9:12 AM

Oct 2011
The 5 kids with white hair are still sitting there?

How in the fuck did Nori chan get up there?

There was no speaker there, so how was she able to project her voice like that?

Are really doing EVA? From the evaluator scene to the final scene with Nori...fuck.
Jun 18, 2016 9:24 AM

Dec 2015

Buzz Buzz Buzz...

Jun 18, 2016 9:33 AM
Feb 2016
Gov said:
The 5 kids with white hair are still sitting there?

How in the fuck did Nori chan get up there?

There was no speaker there, so how was she able to project her voice like that?

Are really doing EVA? From the evaluator scene to the final scene with Nori...fuck.

Well, I think so

The Gamoris probably helped her

She had on, look closer

I don't know
Jun 18, 2016 9:36 AM

Jun 2013
Another teriffic episode..... cant wait to see how it ends!
Jun 18, 2016 9:38 AM

May 2010
this garbage is barely watchable anymore.
Jun 18, 2016 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
xD This episode was freaking amazing. But now my question is how can they actually close this up? Unless they make a second season out of it. Which is either most likely or not likely.
Jun 18, 2016 9:47 AM

Jan 2015
So the episode was basically like the last time Kacchon see his "friend" and then scream and crying? Relax, no matter it happens I won't cry for it.
That teacher, he's the one that need some "pain" for being that kind of teacher.
It seems that Nori-chan wants more "pain", she's even thinking about taking it from all the person in and around the school area. What a masochist. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 18, 2016 9:54 AM

Jun 2013
So, I made this theory a while back that this anime was basically a satire of how lots of anime make up these super contrived premises, put 2-D characters together and just keep putting them in stupid premise driven scenarios until they built relationships. In reality though, and in terms of shows, the most convincing relationships happen organically.

Taking it from the top, we have the leaders of the Kizna program, the stand-ins for the producers of anime. They develop this super absurd system (bonding people through pain to achieve world peace) and then grab a bunch of "stock" characters (the seven deadly sins as a parallel to the common tropes of anime), put them through unrealistic challenges, and expect them to develop bonds as a result. The show even has the "directors" arranging artificial ships themselves.

The implied takeaway thus far though has been that the kizna program was actually not producing any meaningful relationships at all. All of the growth that the team experienced came from them interacting like normal human beings (helping Honaka, Chidori facing off with Katsuhira's bullies, etc). Meanwhile the interference from the Kizna directors often made things worse (like the horrific shipwreck scenes and when they tried to push Honaka too far). Additionally, the characters have proven that they are far more than the stock phrases that Nori-Chan and the Kizna system have presumed of them.

This episode only built upon the idea even more. The bonds that the characters have formed show that the truest relationships are formed through interaction, not some artificial system. Furthermore the characters of the previous "series" (the last experiment's kids) are shown now to be nothing more than blank dolls stripped of all individuality and memorability by the system. Despite the efforts of contrived series to create meaningful connections they only leave behind empty characters.

tl;dr Kiznaiver is a satire/commentary, read the rest for the hows and whys
Jun 18, 2016 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
Decent episode. Love the hate on this show. Have seen worser ones
Jun 18, 2016 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
Nico's cuteness, Katsuhira's development and Hisomu's fun personality are the only bearable things for me. Along with the music and art. Loli Nori was absolute love but she's so annoying in the present and the fact that Katsuhira cares about her this much makes me not care much
Jun 18, 2016 10:16 AM

Jun 2014
The highlight of this episode for me was when Chidori finally realized how much of a selfish bitch she's been throughout the whole show. I'm glad she came to her senses and finally realized that she has been so full of shit since pretty much the very beginning.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 18, 2016 10:20 AM

Jul 2010
animefan8800 said:
It's kinda astounding just how boring and difficult to sit through this has become. This episode had maybe two minutes where I didn't have to fight the urge to skip ahead or check the time, mostly that absurd ending. Thank god the finale is next week.

Yeah to me this is by far my least favorite of Studio Triggers work, so bad.

Only really care about Nico, too bad she's stuck in a bad show.
TenthJun 18, 2016 10:24 AM
Jun 18, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
I love how love/hate this show is, people either seem to love it or despise it.

I personally think it's easily the best show of the season and one of my favourites ever.
Jun 18, 2016 10:25 AM

Dec 2009
Episode confused me quite a bit. So Katsuhira got his pain back by the Kizna system, is Nori trying to do the same on a wider scale, because a whole city linked by the Kizna system is just asking for disaster. People will be writhing in pain every other minute with that kind of wide spread connection.

I'm wondering how Nori and the others will get their emotions back. The preview suggests Katsuhira has a plan but I don't see it. One more episode and it seems like they are really cramming in a lot for the last episode. They have to deal with the issues the main cast has with each other, Nori and her pain, the city wide Kizna and still have a satisfying conclusion. We'll see if the last episode is a cluster f or if they can wrap this up well.
Jun 18, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode, While the moody angst atmosphere is still present I'm glad the show went towards the friendship route instead of hanging around the love pentagon melodrama.

Katsuhira certainly had some good development, He and Nico are probably the only ones trying to fix the complications among the group.

Nico's glee when Katsuhira mentioned that they were already friends was really cute.
Also glad Chidori realize she was being selfish.

Have absolutely no clue what Nori is trying to do now.
Jun 18, 2016 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
SpyKi said:

I personally think it's easily the best show of the season and one of my favourites ever.

In a season with Space Patrol Luluco? You crazy!
Jun 18, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
Decent episode.

Little Nori was quite cute.
Jun 18, 2016 10:47 AM
Jul 2015
They left a lot to do on the next episode like a lot of anime's do when it nears the end, and that's good in this case because it leaves for things to be answered and there's a lot thats going to go on next episode. This was a pretty interesting episode, especially with the buzzing from Hisomu. Den/den
Jun 18, 2016 10:48 AM

Jan 2016
If it wasn't for the godlike art and animation, opening, and Nico (she's too cute), I would have already dropped this twilight wannabe
Jun 18, 2016 10:52 AM

Jan 2016
Welp since Nori has gone off the deep end and chidori is well chidori..

I have finally seen the (real) light and have accepted Nico as best girl. Praise be
Jun 18, 2016 11:01 AM

Jun 2016
I really hate Tenga right now. He used to be such a bro but now he's being a dick because of a girl.
Jun 18, 2016 11:04 AM
May 2016
So when the girl screams out "are you crazy I'm connected to Nori-chan, was she one of the 19 kids? Is there going to be like a gathering of the 19 or whatevers left of them in the last episode?
Give me the chills. Can't wait. Let's see how it ends.
Jun 18, 2016 11:08 AM
Sep 2015
I called it, that moment someone asked if there was anything that can be done to fix things. The scientist lady said there was, but they're planning for the big reveal in the last episode. I'm willing to bet there is a way for Katsuhira to take on Noriko's pain, "but it might kill him due to having his senses overwhelmed by the pain that she's been keeping on his behalf this entire time".
Jun 18, 2016 11:16 AM
Jun 2016
I loved how this episode went further into detail with the original Kizna subjects. I wish they would explain more about how those kids are still alive after all they went through, but at least they are shown in the episodes. Also I wonder what will happen if everyone could share each other's feelings and pain? Like what Noriko said in the end of episode 11.
Jun 18, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
Honestly, I'm now completely confused about what is going on with Sonozaki and stuff. She's insane, isn't she? I mean, she knows what will happen but wants to connect everyone in the city, seemingly to get more "friends" for the ones who are pretty much dolls now, as far as I could tell at least. Mind you, I'm not at all sure this is right given how little the episode helped shed light on her. I'm really hoping that the last episode can actually help to make this make sense while also delivering a satisfying conclusion.

Also, what was with that random girl just before the end saying she's connected to Sonozaki? Seems like that was lobbed in as an afterthought, as in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make much sense why that would only happen to come up now. Are they trying to imply that she only remember cos Katsuhira did? Seriously, there is a lot of explaining to do in one episode here.
Jun 18, 2016 11:34 AM

Jan 2008
Nico's happiness when Katsuhira said they were already friends. :)

Nori wanting everybody to share their pain sounds like a bad idea.
Jun 18, 2016 11:38 AM

Feb 2015
How sheltered do those kids have to be for that to be the first time they experienced empathy? This is like watching toddlers learn to use the toilet.
Jun 18, 2016 11:40 AM
Aug 2014
What the mess is going on? Did Nori-chan just become the de facto villain of this show? Because it certainly kind of seemed like it, with her suddenly going on about getting more friends for the originals and then having those monster looking things (which, by the way, I think we saw that she actually came up with them, as she was doodling their faces in the sand as a kid) marching to the center of town like an army. If I had to guess, I'd say all the others are going to have to try and stop her (judging from everyone's reactions to what she was doing). All the developments made me double check that yeah, this show is supposed to have 12 episodes, because these are the kinds of developments you'd think would have happened halfway. I don't know how they're gonna get everything wrapped up in 25 minutes.
Jun 18, 2016 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
blazehero said:
People will be writhing in pain every other minute with that kind of wide spread connection.

The pain would also get divided by the number of people connected. So, I think it's more likely that everyone in the city would stop feeling any significant pain than what you said. I could be wrong, though.

blazehero said:
I'm wondering how Nori and the others will get their emotions back.

"We have to share information! Because we're not connected by the Kizna System anymore! And if we still want to connect, we can't just keep waiting. We each have to try to connect on our own." -Nico
Jun 18, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2007
Sooo, we went full Okada, finally. Poor Man's Senjougahara turns into Poor Man's Ikari Gendo. And now we have world ending dystopian plans in action, which is bizarre since show messed around with teenage forced angst for 10 episodes before getting to this.

Also this show could work well as a drinking game - take a shot every time a pretentious statement about pain, friendship or wounds is made.

devinder said:
How sheltered do those kids have to be for that to be the first time they experienced empathy? This is like watching toddlers learn to use the toilet.

As I tend to say about this show - this show is governed by understanding of emotions that a 14 year old girl who writes emo poems on tumblr has. Its not governed by real psychology or emotions.
Jun 18, 2016 11:57 AM
Nov 2014
So am I the only one who clapped like a moron when Chidori came to the realisation that all she thought about was herself?

I said before that there was no proof that Katsuhira loves anyone, it's extremely clear that he has no clue as to what the emotion love is.

Also Tenga still being a selfish bastard; I wouldn't have been surprised if he actually didn't feel anything while the rest felt Katsuhira's pain.

Test-Run
Jun 18, 2016 12:00 PM
Nov 2014
Fai said:

Also this show could work well as a drinking game - take a shot every time a pretentious statement about pain, friendship or wounds is made.

I don't know, I think you would die of alcohol intoxication before you reach the season end....
Jun 18, 2016 12:09 PM

Jan 2015
WUT

That cliffhanger!!!
Jun 18, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2012
devinder said:

Because it's so hard to find people IRL who don't have a single drop of empathy and can only understand their own feelings, right?
Jun 18, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2015
I actually laughed do hard when Nori became a villain lol. I'm sure they'll find some way to turn the tables in the final ep lmao
Jun 18, 2016 12:30 PM

Dec 2015
I hate how I have to struggle through this show :/. It was one of my most anticipated shows this season and it just turns out to be a boring melodrama... 1 more episode to go, maybe this last episode can be redeeming, I highly doubt it though. I am pretty sure I am rating this low and I don't rate low at all. Oh well I guess. I honestly have no idea what is even happening anymore to be honest. It just seems like a mesh of ideas, plot devices, and love triangles, and teen angst that I got lost in the original idea of this show.
Jun 18, 2016 12:44 PM

Feb 2015
Tulicloure said:
devinder said:

Because it's so hard to find people IRL who don't have a single drop of empathy and can only understand their own feelings, right?

I'm talking about Kiznaiver, not IRL.
Jun 18, 2016 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
Not gonna lie the whole idea of this show is really interesting
Jun 18, 2016 1:27 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What is Sonozaki even doing? Gone off the deep end and i don't even have a clue why.

Katsuhira best character by now, no one else besides Nico comes close.

The ending episode doesn't look like it's gonna deliver after that weird setup. Likely to drop to 7/10 again.
Jun 18, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2015
This is getting 2deep4me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2015
Wait what? Everyone's going to be connected with Nori-Chan? Isn't that basically just as good as her dying? If so, then noooooo

On a side note, decent episode as usual.

caught in the wonder
Jun 18, 2016 2:22 PM

Aug 2015
Barion-Zara said:
Nico's cuteness, Katsuhira's development and Hisomu's fun personality are the only bearable things for me. Along with the music and art. Loli Nori was absolute love but she's so annoying in the present and the fact that Katsuhira cares about her this much makes me not care much

Same here! I can't help but imagine how much better the show would have been if it was a story that centered on the dynamics and development of those three with the leading role, and the others just as supporting characters...
I can kind of understand that Katsuhira wants to 'save' Nori. He was part of the project that completely broke her more than he is, and now he sort of understands what it feels like to see people you considered friends become empty. Still, it would be better if he at least seemed to be able to better remember what she was as a child. Like you said, the little Nori was such a sweetie, so if he had that image compared to the now annoying Nori it would at least feel like "Oh, she is trying to bring her back."
Jun 18, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2015
Gem said:
Wait what? Everyone's going to be connected with Nori-Chan? Isn't that basically just as good as her dying? If so, then noooooo

On a side note, decent episode as usual.

I was thinking the same thing... If it works like the first time they did the experiment it would mean her death, but then wouldn't the rest of the people that connect with her become emotionless too? If she does die, which I currently doubt, we will at least get to see the answer of whether or not the kids that connected with Nori in the past begin to feel pain again once she dies.
Jun 18, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2014
Gah... this show is such a mess.
At times I really REALLY enjoy it, and some of the character interactions are great (Maki and Yuta especially), and I generally liked the exposition of the last episode and the beginning of this episode. Also, the art can be outstanding at times. However, the good moments don't really make up for the amount of times I've watched it thinking, "So what? Who cares? What's the point?" This finale is going to have to be stellar to justify all of the nonsense up to this point.
Jun 18, 2016 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
SpyKi said:

Same here. I love how relatable it is. not with situations, or characters, but the premise of how wild and random emotions can be. you never really know who you'll connect with
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

193 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.