Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 10, 2016 10:02 AM

Sep 2015
For me its Academia everyone hyped it up so much before the season but its been thoroughly average to me
Your next line is "I was just pretending to be retarded".
May 12, 2016 2:44 PM

Mar 2008
mess @ it getting more votes than ace attorney
May 12, 2016 11:53 PM

Mar 2014
Because BnHA is average at best. Cliche characters and dialogues. Really, what is there to see which is new? I am actually surprised the manga seems to be doing as well as it is.

And contrary to what people think, 1K is a good sample size, as long as the demographic is 'random'. Any basic Data analysis course would tell you that.
May 12, 2016 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
SpikeCB said:
Because BnHA is average at best. Cliche characters and dialogues. Really, what is there to see which is new? I am actually surprised the manga seems to be doing as well as it is.

And contrary to what people think, 1K is a good sample size, as long as the demographic is 'random'. Any basic Data analysis course would tell you that.

There is nothing new, just your standard shounen executed in a better way. The manga is doing well becoz of that, no surprises there.
May 14, 2016 5:47 AM

May 2016
I think it's because of the slow pace and its only 13 episodes. A lot of fans may be disappointed because it'll only adapt a few arcs (I think maybe two?
)

Not enough episodes...
akumi143mangaMay 24, 2016 4:47 AM
May 14, 2016 6:00 AM
Jan 2015
I honestly think Madhouse (see One Punch Man) should have animated the BnHA. I know Bones is doing a good job in translating the manga into anime format (maybe too faithfully actually) but the former has shown what it can do if they tried their darndest to make a show as fluidly moving as possible.

Disappointing? Maybe but Joker Game is far more frustrating if I am asked.

PS: Here's my blog and I am currently blogging these Spring shows. Please visit if you have the time. Thank you.
May 14, 2016 6:26 AM

May 2014
strider98 said:
SpikeCB said:

There is nothing new, just your standard shounen executed in a better way. The manga is doing well becoz of that, no surprises there.

Ouch. This anime isn't supposed to be those so-called 'original' 'thought provoking' [[insert elitist buzzword here]'. It supposed to be something enjoyable. Beside, modern writers don't invent new stuff, just twist old stuff to look new.
ChuunichanMay 14, 2016 6:29 AM

May 14, 2016 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
Chuunichan said:
strider98 said:

Ouch.

You see, this anime is aimed at the more general audience, not your typical otakus.

Yeah, but I think I didn't say anything wrong. I am reading the manga and it's just a standard shounen, but the execution is good.
May 14, 2016 6:31 AM

May 2014
strider98 said:
Chuunichan said:

Ouch.

You see, this anime is aimed at the more general audience, not your typical otakus.

Yeah, but I think I didn't say anything wrong. I have been reading the manga and it's just a standard shounen, but the execution is good.

Uh, I just corrected what I say earlier...

May 14, 2016 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
Like some people already said i believe it is considered the most disappointing anime of this season because of the slow pacing. That said i was expecting Stray Dogs to have more votes than BnHA.
May 14, 2016 6:38 AM

Mar 2015
samui26 said:
I honestly think Madhouse (see One Punch Man) should have animated the BnHA. I know Bones is doing a good job in translating the manga into anime format (maybe too faithfully actually) but the former has shown what it can do if they tried their darndest to make a show as fluidly moving as possible.
i don't see why adapted by madhouse doing better... the amount of episode rarely determined by studio...
Seidou_Takizawa said:
Like some people already said i believe it is considered the most disappointing anime of this season because of the slow pacing. That said i was expecting Stray Dogs to have more votes than BnHA.
it pacing is pretty normal... it's already slow from original source... they adapted around 35 page each episode... same pace with many WSJ adaptation...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 14, 2016 6:41 AM

Jun 2014
im the only one feeling like like a naruto re-watch?

anime/manga/gaming/Arui43
May 14, 2016 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
Seidou_Takizawa said:
it pacing is pretty normal... it's already slow from original source... they adapted around 35 page each episode... same pace with many WSJ adaptation...

Oh okay, i haven't read the manga but i found the anime pacing to be rather slow. Well if that is normal then i dont know why it is considered the most disapoiting anime of the spring then.
May 14, 2016 6:57 AM

Mar 2015
Seidou_Takizawa said:
Kuma said:

Oh okay, i haven't read the manga but i found the anime pacing to be rather slow. Well if that is normal then i dont know why it is considered the most disapoiting anime of the spring then.
mostly because it short.... many fans dissapointing about it being 13 episode...
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/05/06-1/bones-studio-panel-at-machi-asobi-vol-16-reveals-rapid-production-schedules
producer want to cash it as soon as it can, make really big mess like this..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 14, 2016 7:05 AM
Jan 2015
@Kuma, I am not referring to the episode count but I am pertaining to BnHA's animation quality. Err.. I expected something similar with OPM at best but well, that kind of series can't be coming every season.
May 14, 2016 7:14 AM

Mar 2015
samui26 said:
@Kuma, I am not referring to the episode count but I am pertaining to BnHA's animation quality. Err.. I expected something similar with OPM at best but well, that kind of series can't be coming every season.
ehh... i found the animation pretty solid TBH... it's just the art style is not as sparkling as OPM... maybe i just used with it... TBH, i found OPM pretty dissapointing compare to manga... when MHA is catch manga style pretty perfectly...
May 14, 2016 7:47 AM
Jan 2015
@Kuma, I thought I said earlier Bones is doing a good job in animating this. Yet is the movement as fluid as OPM? Maybe it's just me setting an unrealistic expectation for BnHA visually.

I am not a manga reader of both of these shows so I cannot compare the source material versus the anime version.
May 14, 2016 8:00 AM

Oct 2014
superpatch24 said:
Is Big Order that low because no one expected it to be good?

it was made by the author of mirai nikki so yes no one expected it to be good
May 14, 2016 8:07 AM

Oct 2014
SpikeCB said:

boku no hero is average and generic but it is still way better than some overhyped trainwrecks that are airing this season(kabaneri re:zero)
boku no hero never pretends to be a super surious show and manages to achieve what the author was going for
May 14, 2016 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
Seidou_Takizawa said:

mostly because it short.... many fans dissapointing about it being 13 episode...
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/05/06-1/bones-studio-panel-at-machi-asobi-vol-16-reveals-rapid-production-schedules
producer want to cash it as soon as it can, make really big mess like this..

Still i wouldn't categorise the whole anime as disappoint. Sure is only 13 eps but there is always the possibility of a season 2, at least they didnt rush it :)
Well that isn't something new sadly, producers just want make money as soon as possible :/
May 14, 2016 8:15 AM

Jun 2011
Is it a trend nowadays to compare everything to Madhouse animation and revere Madhouse as the God of animation?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 15, 2016 2:50 AM

Mar 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Is it a trend nowadays to compare everything to Madhouse animation and revere Madhouse as the God of animation?

I guess so, and what many people fail to realise is that OPM was made by a lot of people that had NEVER worked for Madhouse before, in fact most of them were Bones veterans....in terms of production OPM was unique for bringing together so many incredibly talented people, but it doesn't really have much to do with the studio, it could have easily been made by ANY other studio with the same staff, it's a freelance industry after all

I think Academia's visuals are solid, it's only natural that this doesn't have the highest production values considering there will probably be (many?) more seasons in the future
May 15, 2016 3:36 AM

Mar 2012
I'd much rather have people dickriding Hero Academia than shallow boring crap like One Punch Man where literally the only thing in the series worth talking about is the soundtrack, the animation and the 'Cool fight scenes!'.

Not that I needed proof that most anime fans in the west judge anime based entirely on how cool the fight scenes are.
May 15, 2016 9:17 AM
Oct 2010
SeibaaHomu said:
I'd much rather have people dickriding Hero Academia than shallow boring crap like One Punch Man where literally the only thing in the series worth talking about is the soundtrack, the animation and the 'Cool fight scenes!'.

Not that I needed proof that most anime fans in the west judge anime based entirely on how cool the fight scenes are.

OPM is genuinely funny though, I'd say kabaneri is a better example of what you mean. It looks nice, has nice fights but my god that plot.
May 15, 2016 9:19 AM

Jul 2010
GD1551 said:
SeibaaHomu said:

OPM is genuinely funny though, I'd say kabaneri is a better example of what you mean. It looks nice, has nice fights but my god that plot.

OPM funny? never laughed once, the humor in the manga is much more executed better than in the anime and it fails to deliver on multiple things like the humor.
May 15, 2016 9:22 AM
Oct 2010
Tenth said:
GD1551 said:

OPM funny? never laughed once, the humor in the manga is much more executed better than in the anime and it fails to deliver on multiple things like the humor.

Everyone's different, but I laughed a fair amount. Most people I know that watched it did as well.
May 15, 2016 9:33 AM

Mar 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
SpikeCB said:

boku no hero is average and generic but it is still way better than some overhyped trainwrecks that are airing this season(kabaneri re:zero)
boku no hero never pretends to be a super surious show and manages to achieve what the author was going for
it become more serious later on thou.... (i think you already know this fact)
May 15, 2016 10:21 AM
Sep 2012
Guess what's trending right now on Japanese Twitter?

Especially the third and fourth hashtags. Many tweets about really liking the latest episode of BnHA (Episode 7). Even praising Bakugou's seiyu, Nobuhiko Okamoto.
May 15, 2016 10:41 AM

Aug 2014
SpikeCB said:
demographic is 'random'. Any basic Data analysis course would tell you that.
Ehh no? The demographic shouldn't be "random" because BnHa doesn't try to appeal everyone and their mother, the author more than likely had a specific group (mostlikely teens/younger ones) as his target than people who are more into seinen. So yes, I won't say 1k is enough to tell anything, and even without that in mind, 1k still isn't a big group to begin with anyway.
May 15, 2016 10:56 AM

Oct 2014
Kuma said:
gabrielrroiz said:

it become more serious later on thou.... (i think you already know this fact)

The main aspects remain the same even with more serious tone the series remains an average cliched but enjoyable fighting shonen
May 15, 2016 10:57 AM

Oct 2014
SeibaaHomu said:

You talk like boku no hero is not also a shallow title that has as the main appeal the action scenes
May 15, 2016 11:28 AM

Mar 2014
Snappynator said:
SpikeCB said:
demographic is 'random'. Any basic Data analysis course would tell you that.
Ehh no? The demographic shouldn't be "random" because BnHa doesn't try to appeal everyone and their mother, the author more than likely had a specific group (mostlikely teens/younger ones) as his target than people who are more into seinen. So yes, I won't say 1k is enough to tell anything, and even without that in mind, 1k still isn't a big group to begin with anyway.

If you want to know the 'general' reception of a show, you choose random data. You don't judge a show by its fans, you judge it by how it is received by 'all'. And 1K is big enough.
May 15, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
lavenderclam said:
Maybe the Western styled drawing and the Western styled theme just doesn't appeal to them?

This show lacks pretty girls and fanservice, too. Fan service is really important to the Japanese audience.

BnH is packed with best girls what are you talking about?
May 15, 2016 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
GD1551 said:
As far as I know Kanberi is a hell of a lot more than a bunch of aimless action scenes that basically only exist to buildup to a lame gag.

And the comedy that completely destroys all reason for me to care about the fight scenes? It's not even particularly clever. It's so completely unremarkable that I don't think it's even worth talking about. Hell, the whole one punch gag borders on aggressively unfunny at times.

It's like the show was made for that crowd of unfunny wankers who talk about how all anime is shit except for JoJo and spent the entirety of SAO complaining about how 'overpowered' Kirito was.
SeibaaHomuMay 15, 2016 4:44 PM
May 15, 2016 5:12 PM

May 2013
SeibaaHomu said:
GD1551 said:
As far as I know Kanberi is a hell of a lot more than a bunch of aimless action scenes that basically only exist to buildup to a lame gag.

And the comedy that completely destroys all reason for me to care about the fight scenes? It's not even particularly clever. It's so completely unremarkable that I don't think it's even worth talking about. Hell, the whole one punch gag borders on aggressively unfunny at times.

It's like the show was made for that crowd of unfunny wankers who talk about how all anime is shit except for JoJo and spent the entirety of SAO complaining about how 'overpowered' Kirito was.

You need to read the original webcomic with bad art to really understand the plot of onepunch man, the anime only covered the beginning of the story where the author slowly introduces one new character at a time.
May 16, 2016 8:02 AM

Jul 2011
the 7th episode was sooooo intense!!!!!!
im not disappointed.... not disappointed at all!!
May 16, 2016 11:30 AM

Mar 2016
BnHA is like a 7-7.5 to me up till now . I like it . It's a typical shounen anime , but bones is doing a good job this season . Each time I think they try to throw a cliche hero line , the fuckin great OST makes up for it and makes it sound epic i have to say . Well the ost overall and the intense scenes are something good afterall in this show. I hope it gets better .
May 17, 2016 3:47 AM

May 2014
Can someone explai what this chart means? Idk if this is off topic or not (I can't read japanese) but it seems that BnHA is on the fourth place (and Bungou Stray Dogs is on the first) https://mobile.twitter.com/anime_follower/status/729140421708775424/photo/1

May 17, 2016 9:21 PM

Mar 2016
I want to know. Why is there only 13 episode in this series? The manga produce 90+ chapters. so why?
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
May 17, 2016 9:26 PM
Mar 2011
BluescreenDeath said:
According to Akiba Souken, this is the most disappointing anime of this season.

Here's the link

Then, why it rated pretty high here when the opposite happened in Japan?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.

cuase th japan vote was not genral public vote its was vote based on otaku
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 17, 2016 9:32 PM
Sep 2013
Viewer ratings,Video recording rankings,Torne rankings all pretty bad for a major Manga that air nichigo time slot,so it is not really popular among general population either
May 18, 2016 3:13 AM
Jul 2014
umashikaneko said:
Viewer ratings,Video recording rankings,Torne rankings all pretty bad for a major Manga that air nichigo time slot,so it is not really popular among general population either

Here's the ratings for episode 4

世帯 個人 KID TEN   M1  M2  M3   F1  F2  F3
*3.1 *1.8 *2.8 *3.8  *1.8 *1.6 *0.8  *2.5 *3.0 *1.2   EP. 4

Also apparently they've had to restock the manga as of May 13th since it was sold out in retails. Can you guys just shut the fuck up now? Its not exactly hard to look up information on this shit to tell if you're lying or not.
May 18, 2016 4:20 AM
Sep 2013
ChocoBar9 said:
umashikaneko said:

Also apparently they've had to restock the manga as of May 13th since it was sold out in retails. Can you guys just shut the fuck up now? Its not exactly hard to look up information on this shit to tell if you're lying or not.

well sorry I only knew 1 and 2 ep

3.1 would be average if they can keep that number
May 18, 2016 5:02 AM
Nov 2015
I don't see which part Boku no Hero no Academia is disapointing?

This vote is somehow illogic. I think they took randomly Boku no Hero haters.

Mayoiga & Kabaneri are a little disapointing.
Endride & Gyakuten Saiban are litterally shit.

The thing that impressed me is Ushio to Tora being the less disapointing. for those who watched the anime: is it really worth watching? I've watched the first 7 of the 1st season & I kinda liked it.

Edit:
lavenderclam said:
Maybe the Western styled drawing and the Western styled theme just doesn't appeal to them?

This show lacks pretty girls and fanservice, too. Fan service is really important to the Japanese audience.

Uraraka is so cute in my POV.
xEzioAuditoreMay 18, 2016 5:08 AM
May 18, 2016 6:45 AM
Oct 2013
xEzioAuditore said:
I don't see which part Boku no Hero no Academia is disapointing?

This vote is somehow illogic. I think they took randomly Boku no Hero haters.

Mayoiga & Kabaneri are a little disapointing.
Endride & Gyakuten Saiban are litterally shit.

The thing that impressed me is Ushio to Tora being the less disapointing. for those who watched the anime: is it really worth watching? I've watched the first 7 of the 1st season & I kinda liked it.

Edit:
lavenderclam said:

Uraraka is so cute in my POV.
With Ushio to Tora, I personally liked the 2nd cour of the 1st season the best. I feel like season 2 is ok, but doesn't live up to season 1 imo.
May 19, 2016 5:12 AM

May 2014
umashikaneko said:
ChocoBar9 said:

well sorry I only knew 1 and 2 ep

3.1 would be average if they can keep that number

From what I can tell, the ratings keep improving from episode to episode, especially after the (apparently) stellar last episode. (I haven't watched it yet damn school but reviews are very positive) Maybe word of mouth helps?

May 20, 2016 3:39 AM

May 2014
Ana said:
Chuunichan said:
Can someone explai what this chart means? Idk if this is off topic or not (I can't read japanese) but it seems that BnHA is on the fourth place (and Bungou Stray Dogs is on the first) https://mobile.twitter.com/anime_follower/status/729140421708775424/photo/1
nothing big, it's just the number of followers the anime's official twitter has, e.g., boku no hero academia & bungo stray dogs

Ok, but isn't that mean those anime are popular on twitter?

May 20, 2016 11:21 AM

Mar 2014
ヒロアカ

*1.0 *0.5 *0.1 *1.3  *0.0 *1.7 *0.5  *0.0 *0.1 *0.5   05話
May 20, 2016 11:25 AM

May 2016
The bigger the hype, the bigger the disappointment.

Also the less people care/watch a certain show, the less votes it will get.

Does this logic work here
May 20, 2016 1:28 PM
Jul 2014
ButtSlapper said:
ヒロアカ

*1.0 *0.5 *0.1 *1.3  *0.0 *1.7 *0.5  *0.0 *0.1 *0.5   05話

Before people get the wrong message I may wanna point out that episode 5 was delayed that week so a lot of people didn't tune in at the right time. You don't just from a 3.1 to a 1.0 unless something major happens.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

433 by Gapi26 »»
Sep 16, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

447 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 8, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

410 by chris1763 »»
Sep 6, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

244 by qmz5xpt7 »»
Aug 31, 11:32 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

363 by chris1763 »»
Aug 29, 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.