Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Oct 14, 2014 4:46 AM
Oct 2014
The fact that shakugan no shana is over and zero no tsukaima is over i don't think i can stop crying i just can't stop thinking about these animes even after all these years i'm just so in love...

I don't think any other anime could top these animes for me... 7 years most of us followed this. A lot of other animes like these 2 were just as good but for some reason never made it past season 1 T_T I still cry everyday sorry for being a drama queen but I just had to get that out lol... waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh i miss shanna yuji i love you guys TTTTTTTTTTTT___________TTTTTTTTTTTTT
Oct 14, 2014 4:49 AM
Oct 2014
Scykaster said:
7 freaking years for that mediocre kiss?!?! ヽ(#`Д´)ノ

I know right? when i try to be angry about i just can't cause i loved this anime so much idk if any other anime will ever top this shakugan no shana and zero no tsukaima 7 fucking years !@@!@!@!@!@!@!@
Oct 30, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2008
Shana and Yuuji finally kissed. That was worth all the waiting. Period.

And I just love it when characters gain new powers towards the end of the series. Glad I allotted extra time to finally finish this season.

I just wanna see how Justus turns out. He was adorabe! :)
Nov 22, 2014 3:47 PM
Aug 2012
omg thank god its finished the season was terrible massive war for no reason the flame hazes where fighting because they wanted to rather than for an actual goal and the hole haha we changed it so the tomgura couldnt eat people in the new world is pointless as the hole idea of that world was to stop them eating peoples existence by giving them an infinite amount so they wouldnt need to take it from humans >.> stupid reason to keep the series going for a few more episodes and then having a fight afterwards for no reason if she wanted to say take me with u i love u then say it dont attack him with lethal shots not knwing before hand that the humans near by wld be safe because of the majors insignia around the area. to re iterate my point, flame hazes are evil both yuji and shana are ridiculous how many people died so they cld be together they weren't so different in the first place that they needed to change a world to be together. dont get me wrong the first season and second seasons where great but this one was pointless i wld have prefered a special episode after the second episode where he disappears and then shana convinces him to come back they say i luv you to each other kiss they live and fight together happily ever after anyone agree?
Nov 26, 2014 4:57 AM

Nov 2014
kingfelix92 said:
omg thank god its finished the season was terrible massive war for no reason the flame hazes where fighting because they wanted to rather than for an actual goal and the hole haha we changed it so the tomgura couldnt eat people in the new world is pointless as the hole idea of that world was to stop them eating peoples existence by giving them an infinite amount so they wouldnt need to take it from humans >.> stupid reason to keep the series going for a few more episodes and then having a fight afterwards for no reason if she wanted to say take me with u i love u then say it dont attack him with lethal shots not knwing before hand that the humans near by wld be safe because of the majors insignia around the area. to re iterate my point, flame hazes are evil both yuji and shana are ridiculous how many people died so they cld be together they weren't so different in the first place that they needed to change a world to be together. dont get me wrong the first season and second seasons where great but this one was pointless i wld have prefered a special episode after the second episode where he disappears and then shana convinces him to come back they say i luv you to each other kiss they live and fight together happily ever after anyone agree?

I would of preferred your ending. Idk I just feel a bitter taste after finishing Season 3 recently. The ending episode felt too rushed. Wanted some time with just them. No pointless fighting. Just two people in love having a good ending. Oh well. At least we got a happy ending overall. :)
IMO: Kiss was crap. It took this long and THAT'S what he gives her? Smh
[/center]
[/center]
Dec 2, 2014 10:14 PM

Oct 2012
My favorite character appear for a few seconds and died in S1 ep 1....only to reappear this episode for a few seconds. Damn!

But good story overall though I do see quite a lot of missing info, might just go read the LN to cover what the anime didn't cover.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Dec 4, 2014 8:46 AM
May 2011
So what was the point of the flame hazes going to the new world?

Just to kill tomogara? Its not like they can eat humans now.

I don't think there's ever been another anime where i wanted all the "good" guys to die, and the supposed "bad guys" to kill them off in the most horrific way possible. It felt like Bal Masque had actual logical reasons for doing what they were doing, and all the flame hazes were doing was trying to keep the status quo so they could go on killing shit just for the sake of it.

The first season was great, second season was okay... if you ignore everything with kazumi in it. 3rd season started off good then dropped off to insane retarded levels. There were some things good but they were under so much garbage it was hard to enjoy them.

Also maybe its just me but the whole "shut up" thing shana did got really old after the first season, they just seemed to throw it in there just for the sake of it.

In the first season she used it and it worked, because when she said it she was actually annoyed at the person and wanted them to shut the hell up. But from season 2 on they just seemed to turn it into a catchphrase and that made it cheesy as hell imo.

MaJiC27 said:
Was Yuji trying to create this new world knowing the Tomogara would still attack humans? Or did he think he will somehow convince them not to do this?

That seemed to me like it was his main goal, he didn't want to force them to stop (via a law) he wanted them to live with humans and understand them.
TylerrDec 4, 2014 8:58 AM
Jan 6, 2015 4:52 PM

Oct 2014
Awesome ending to a pretty good show! That happy ending made my day :D.

Liked this season the most tbh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2015 4:31 PM
Sep 2014
My God. How to throw good series down the drain 101.
The first two seasons were great, it had enough action, enough drama.

But this season,. Even tho they started epic, they just destroyed it with last 5,6 episodes.
Those 5,6 episodes are the reason why i dislike this type of shows.
Endless fight. They fight 2 minutes, then talk 5 minutes, then something amazing happen for one side after that they take tea break while we watch other group fight. And then same thing again, fight-talk-amazing stuff to 2nd group-tea break (repeat same thing till group 5). Now, back to group 1. Tea break is over in next episode. Other side expected that "amazing thing" will happen so they did something "amazing" that will counter other other side-talk-tea break. And so on for next 5 episodes.

Show just fell apart in 2nd half of the season because useless stuff and annoying characters ( Yea Dantalion, im pointing at you and your annoying robot.)
But that aside, i endured Suzumiya Haruhi's Endless Eight so i endured this one too.

I cant ignore good side of this season also. It has great art, great music, plenty of interesting characters and it has really epic moments that gave me goosebumps ( the part when Yuuji come back to town)
Jan 9, 2015 5:23 PM

May 2014
Jeez... of the whole series, I think I enjoyed only a few episodes.
And of this last season? Probably none of it.

I guess Sabrac as MC would have made this a better show. A less naive one at least.
Jan 10, 2015 6:46 PM

Nov 2014
I enjoyed this series as much as I should have!
I did not like the final season as much, I mean Yuji turning evil was a little of a shock to me, but he wanted the world to be a better place & he should have told Shana about his plan, but in the end it turned out to be a happy ending but 7 years waiting for a 2 second kiss sucked!

But all in all, the series was brilliant, I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed The Familiar of Zero.

An 8/10 for me. :)
Jan 15, 2015 11:50 PM

Aug 2014
although the ending was a happy one i didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would, they left earth to go to xanadu why did they do that? why didn't they just stay here on earth, now cause of that no one remembers them even his parents. the love scene at the end felt to rush did not get enough of that after a few seconds kiss and for some wtf reason they decided to go to xanadu
Feb 25, 2015 4:51 PM

Sep 2014
wtf they killed sydonay? bastards. The only person loyal to yuji? bastards.
Mar 12, 2015 7:08 PM

Dec 2011
Not going to lie... I actually did cry. I can't beleive Shana is over. Really it has been an amazing 72 episdoes and 3 seasons. No way I can forget a show like this. I was so attached the the cast it was crazy.

On to my reaction of the episode.... I was a decent ending. No b.s. like in most anime endings. But I can't bring myself to feel this is a happy ending even though the show plays it off as one. Can Yuji and Shana really be okay with going to a new world and leaving behind Misaki city? Yuji never got a chance to even meet his younger sibling not mention he won't ever see his mother again. Hell, she won't even know Yuji was her son. Then there's Shana, she was very close to his family. She really cared about his mother a lot.

I'm just sad that the main cast got split up between two worlds I guess. Poor Kazumi is left behind with NO ONE. I can only image how lonely she is. As for Margery and Keisaku... I guess they have each other but will he become a flame haze too? Cuz if not Margery is going to out live him and that's just depressing. (they could have alteast expanded a bit on that) Speaking of those two.... was hoping we would have gotten to see more of them. Not just a quick scene at Keisaku's house with her drunk and him on the computer or something.

All in all, pretty good ending but it made me feel a bit empty. I just can't beleive it's really over.
Jun 19, 2015 8:33 AM
Mar 2015
junebug13 said:
Poor Kazumi is left behind with NO ONE.
Maybe she competes with Yukari for Ike. I mean Yukari told Yuuji that she has a crush on Ike in the very first episode. Then you have Episode 22 I think of Season 2 that Ike confesses his love to Kazumi. So perhaps Kazumi moved on after seeing Yuuji and Shana Kiss and leave for Xanadou
Jul 1, 2015 2:07 AM
Jul 2015
This anime got me to the end with a bang. Even from me seeing this kind of ending (or somewhat closr to it) it still was the best. Still dont know why some others disliked kazumi when in youtube.5/5!
Jul 13, 2015 9:53 AM
Jul 2015
A very strong season + ending ! The episodes made me long for more and more which is what I like when I watch an anime. And finally THE KISS !! The part I think everyone was waiting for during all of the seasons! Again though a little bittersweet , having to say goodbye to yet another fantastic anime . But the ending did not disappoint ! The writers did an Amazing job! 10/10 !
Aug 20, 2015 11:17 AM

Aug 2010
Well, it's been a while since I've witnessed such an unsatisfying ending and I watched plenty of shit. The hack-o-meter didn't quite reach Kawahara Reki levels but the author deserves the Nasu Asspull Lifetime award without a doubt for his stuff. Let's hope he never publishes anything again.

To give credit where it's due this season had a lot of fighting drastically reducing Yoshida's inner monologuing and the teenage romantic angst (Yuuji's chuunishit not withstanding) so it was easier to sit through. Still, the bad writing killed anything that was good 4/10.

Also, Margery is best girl.
Oct 8, 2015 5:48 AM

Oct 2015
I absolutely loved it. I hold a very special place in my heart for the whole series and I couldn't have been more satisfied with how it ended. Going into the third and final season I was a bit worried. I'd read a lot of reviews and they were mixed. Some loved it and applauded J.C. Staff's efforts to actually bring closure to such a beloved series while others thought it was too bloated and convoluted. The main complaints were that there were too many characters without any backstory, that Yuji took too long to say certain things and that the final season was just one big battle. Fortunately for me I fell in the camp with those who liked it and actually loved the season for all the reasons everyone disliked it.

First and foremost I loved the final episode because it brought closure. I applaud J.C. Staff for doing what so many anime companies are too scared to do. I really get sick of watching an anime, becoming invested in it's characters and story, being dedicated to sticking it out no matter what only to NEVER be given a proper ending. Way too many anime's are left wide open with very few mysteries solved and no ending because the company might, possibly, probably not someday come back to it. Let's face it, except in a few extreme cases once they're over......they're over and when they do come back to the rare series it's usually to redo it like they did with Ultimate Hellsing. So I congratulate and applaud J.C. Staff for not only going in a completely new and different direction with their series but for also having the courage to finish it out and allow all of us to give Shana a proper send off.

I don't like writing spoilers so I'm trying to be vague but the last few minutes of the series were worth watching the whole thing for. The conversation at the end and the resolution to the series put a big smile on my face and I felt it was the only resolution that made sense for all parties involved plus there were some really nice surprises in there that I didn't see coming.

----- MAJOR SPOILER -----
Plus Shana fulfilled her dreams and totally beat Yuji up and made him listen. :D Just like she said she would in that speech she'd given him a while back. When she first said that to Yuji I was totally cracking up. Basically her speech was: "I'm going to beat Yuji up and I'll decide what we should do with his powers!" hehehe, that's so Shana. Stupid Yuji.
---- END OF SPOILER -----

Now was it a perfect ending? No, nor was it a perfect series. So far only Puella Magi Madoka Majica fits that bill for me. But even though it was far from perfect I loved the series even more than Madoka. Shana has become my favorite anime just for the sheer nostalgia and how it made me feel. Everyone who worked on the show obviously put a lot of love into it, especially Shana.

A few of the problems I had with the end were:
I wish they had better explained who Lamies was and what he was trying to accomplish. They didn't even show what he was holding. Thankfully I already knew who and what Lamies was and what he was trying to accomplish. The same thing goes for Seere Habichtsburg. His relationship to the professor should have been better explained. Once again thankfully I'd cheated and looked up the cast on their wiki pages. There's a lot of other little small things that anyone who didn't already know wouldn't catch. Even season 1 had lots of nods to what was going to happen in the final season. At one point in the OVA's Alastor mentions he knew a lord that was obsessed with paintings and that's a nod to Lamies but in the final show it just shows him holding an object then a girl's face pops up and he's gone. WTF was that? I knew but somebody who didn't bother to look them up would have no freaking clue. This is just one of those series that you should really read the manga, light novels and read about the characters and plot online then watch again and you'll catch so many little things you missed the first time. Now it's not required. Your enjoyment of the ending won't lessen too much if you already love the final season but it will help to explain a few small things.

There will always be a warm place in my heart for Shana and the original theme song still evokes some of the best memories within me. Cudo's to J.C. Staff for having the courage to not only try something new but to also end it. For better or worse their commitment has to be commended. I loved the series and especially loved the last episode. I would have been more than happy to have the battle dragged out another 24 episodes but alas all good things must come to an end. I'll miss Shana, Yuji, Margery and everyone else. Mainly I'll miss Shana saying shut up, shut up, shut up and her love of all things Melon Pan. Man I really want to try some Melon Pan now. :D
Dec 6, 2015 6:21 PM
Dec 2015
Liked it. Ending makes me happy and sad. Yuji's parents, and some of his friends don't remember him which I find sad. Three seasons and they got a kiss. Long but good.

I heard that the light novels or manga went a bit farther than the anime, is that true?
Dec 8, 2015 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
NightOfDeath said:
Liked it. Ending makes me happy and sad. Yuji's parents, and some of his friends don't remember him which I find sad. Three seasons and they got a kiss. Long but good.

I heard that the light novels or manga went a bit farther than the anime, is that true?

There are three light novel short stories right now that take place after the last volume (another was announced recently).

Future - Focuses on Kazumi, Margery etc in the human world

Hope - Focuses on Yuji, Shana, Wilhelmina etc in Xanadu

Encore - I think this focuses on Bel Peol and other remnants of Bal Masque

None are translated yet.
Jan 4, 2016 9:28 PM
Sep 2015
This was a fun series to go through and at least it had an ending where most animes never end or they leave you with half of and ending.

I thought it was funny the last arc was based on stopping Yuuji from opening Xanadu and they all end up joining them into the new world except for a small group.

At least you finally got to see the kiss that everybody's been waiting for since the beginning.
Feb 13, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
HOOOLY SH!T, that was so cool episode!! After masterous consecutive outsmarting, the final quarrel between two lovers was just sooo funny and reminded me of the good ol' times. The climate, the feelings, the voice acting were sooo good! If that wasn't enough, they palyed my favourite song from that series during it and I almost cried when I heard it!

Still, I don't get when that metamorphing guy and Margery absorbed that much Power of Existence but I may have missed that. Also, I'm kinda disappointed that Sakai actually was concious that entire time. He reminds me of Anakin Skywalker (from Star Wars duh!).

But we didn't get to see Yoshida becoming a Flame Haze. Even though I wanted it, now I see the current status quo is the more proper one.

Overall, Shakugan no Shana series wasn't the masterpiece but was certainly the great anime. Season 3 was adapted good as far as I know (I never read LN) and I enjoyed it very much. Now I just need to watch OVAs and maybe the specials.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 9, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2015
wow I will really miss this series, even though the third season was a bit of a curve ball. I have to say JC Staff did a great job and that final couple of minuets with that son was beautiful.
Mar 15, 2016 11:41 AM

Mar 2016
Shakugan No Shana is a series I only got into last year and I devoured the anime and became obsessed with it the more I watched.

I can't think of one moment in any of it where I said "This is no longer as good". It never dipped as far as I'm concerned.

Season 3 is my favorite, but I also agree with the notion it was like homework. You had to pay attention.

The thing is, Shana is a smart series and if you're really into it, you're going to want to know the little implied details they didn't have time for. The whole time I was watching it, I was devouring one wikipedia page at a time.

OH, I GET WHAT SEERE'S RELATIONSHIP WITH DANTALION IS. OH, I GET WHO MAMMON IS, ETC.

What's cool too is; all those details were still there, but you had to find them. It's like watching a movie adaptation of a book you love; the book will outright explain it whereas the movie will have the same scene, but you have to infer the meaning yourself.

It worked for me.

However, I am in 100% disagreement that a continuation should follow what happens in Xanadu. That is completely unnecessary.
It needs a continuation so we can see Mathilde and the first great war.

When you consider that that unseen part of the story so greatly influences season 3, it's a missing part of the story. And, Merihim/Shiro, Wilhilmina, and Tendokyuu were all set up as the finale of that ancient battle very well in Shana 1, but we still didn't get an answer.

Basically everything in the manga adaptation of Eternal Song needs to be told. It's a missing part of the story.

And to any and all Shana fans, I have something to share with you.
My rewatch of the series had me kinda disappointed with Friagne's series exit, especially after I saw the film and read what happens in the light novel.
I took it upon myself to re-edit an amalgamation of the series and film to make a new episode 6.

This only works with Japanese and english subtitles, because I had to alter a few subs to keep continuity tight.
Most of it involved Yuji's knowledge of the City Devouring; in the film he does (Lamies doesn't exist), whereas in the series, he does.

That's really the only change. My goal was to make this fit between episodes 5 and a 6 and not make Friagne come across as a disappointing little weakling, but a genuine threat, as he was intended.

Check it out, for any who's interested. I just finished this last week or so.

Here's to hoping for more Shana!
CrimsonCWApr 28, 2016 9:00 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Mar 16, 2016 2:30 AM
Mar 2016
If there was another season , that would be great ...... Its an amazing series ... I really loved it.........
Apr 6, 2016 12:57 AM
Apr 2016
RealCW said:
Shakugan No Shana is a series I only got into last year and I devoured the anime and became obsessed with it the more I watched.

I can't think of one moment in any of it where I said "This is no longer as good". It never dipped as far as I'm concerned.

Season 3 is my favorite, but I also agree with the notion it was like homework. You had to pay attention.

The thing is, Shana is a smart series and if you're really into it, you're going to want to know the little implied details they didn't have time for. The whole time I was watching it, I was devouring one wikipedia page at a time.

OH, I GET WHAT SEERE'S RELATIONSHIP WITH DANTALION IS. OH, I GET WHO MAMMON IS, ETC.

What's cool too is; all those details were still there, but you had to find them. It's like watching a movie adaptation of a book you love; the book will outright explain it whereas the movie will have the same scene, but you have to infer the meaning yourself.

It worked for me.

However, I am in 100% disagreement that a continuation should follow what happens in Xanadu. That is completely unnecessary.

When you consider that that unseen part of the story so greatly influences season 3, it's a missing part of the story. And, Merihim/Shiro, Wilhilmina, and Tendokyuu were all set up as the finale of that ancient battle very well in Shana 1, but we still didn't get an answer.

Basically everything in the manga adaptation of Eternal Song needs to be told. It's a missing part of the story.

My rewatch of the series had me kinda disappointed with Friagne's series exit, especially after I saw the film and read what happens in the light novel.
I took it upon myself to re-edit an amalgamation of the series and film to make a new episode 6.

This only works with Japanese and english subtitles, because I had to alter a few subs to keep continuity tight.
Most of it involved Yuji's knowledge of the City Devouring; in the film he does (Lamies doesn't exist), whereas in the series, he does.

That's really the only change. My goal was to make this fit between episodes 5 and a 6 and not make Friagne come across a disappointing little weakling, but a genuine threat, as he was intended.

https://youtu.be/xlPUPN0eHLs

I really agree that shakugan no shana series is a very smart series. most of the speeches and dialogue of the characters in season 3 is vague, and you really need to start the series all over again or just look at wiki.

It is like reading a mystery/ detective series. you need to look in every details and cues each characters give.

at first I am too very confuse of what are they fighting for? then oh.. wait.. i get it (after watching 3 more episodes.) It is really confusing. well, until the end, it really does.

The story is very original, and I totally agree that the last fight between Shana, Margery vs Yuji, Sydonay is EPIC Fight! Even Margery using "million year" worth of spell to Sydonay is fantastic! General of tomogaras and one of the trinity really deserve to die in very fantastic way. Imagine that even that spell, Sydonay almost survive it, he can fight it! he just state that " Yeah (He was ask by Hecate if he died, which she note is rare), But I have a feeling I wanted to" because Hecate is sacrificed for creating the new world.
While Shana vs. Yuji is also epic fight, with items from Remmie. It is the best lover's quarrel in an anime that I ever watched.

I really wished I have someone to discuss WTH really happen in the end? still confuse in every episodes, until the very end. well, i will try to read other blog.

just sharing, the best anime. just need to do my homework and rewatch the whole series. 9/10, because i am still confuse
Apr 6, 2016 6:00 AM

Mar 2016
Chimamire_go said:
RealCW said:

It worked for me.

That's really the only change. My goal was to make this fit between episodes 5 and a 6 and not make Friagne come across a disappointing little weakling, but a genuine threat, as he was intended.

https://youtu.be/xlPUPN0eHLs

I really agree that shakugan no shana series is a very smart series. most of the speeches and dialogue of the characters in season 3 is vague, and you really need to start the series all over again or just look at wiki.

It is like reading a mystery/ detective series. you need to look in every details and cues each characters give.

at first I am too very confuse of what are they fighting for? then oh.. wait.. i get it (after watching 3 more episodes.) It is really confusing. well, until the end, it really does.

The story is very original, and I totally agree that the last fight between Shana, Margery vs Yuji, Sydonay is EPIC Fight! Even Margery using "million year" worth of spell to Sydonay is fantastic! General of tomogaras and one of the trinity really deserve to die in very fantastic way. Imagine that even that spell, Sydonay almost survive it, he can fight it! he just state that " Yeah (He was ask by Hecate if he died, which she note is rare), But I have a feeling I wanted to" because Hecate is sacrificed for creating the new world.
While Shana vs. Yuji is also epic fight, with items from Remmie. It is the best lover's quarrel in an anime that I ever watched.

I really wished I have someone to discuss WTH really happen in the end? still confuse in every episodes, until the very end. well, i will try to read other blog.

just sharing, the best anime. just need to do my homework and rewatch the whole series. 9/10, because i am still confuse

Most series I enjoy are the types that only make more sense the more you watch it.

Confused? Keep watching, it'll become clear.

III started out so weird, even for me, but sticking with it, halfway through I was like, "This is my favorite, easily", and that was present all throughout; I had faith that if I got confused, I'd understand it, and if I couldn't, I would read a wiki and then it would make sense and I'd only want to rewatch it.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Apr 7, 2016 10:44 PM

Nov 2015
After watching episode 24 i only what to do is move on in another anime, i wish there's an another season of this anime :/ Onegai J.C Staff
Akio--Apr 27, 2017 12:31 PM
May 10, 2016 5:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A little disappointed at the same time happy, since all predictions have come true in the end, so the disappointment in the absence of dramatic surprises.

--
Un poco decepcionado a la vez que contento, ya que todas las predicciones se han hecho realidad al final, por eso la decepción, ante la falta de sorpresas dramáticas.
Jun 6, 2016 5:52 PM

Mar 2011
My favorite season hand down and by far, however I can see why a lot of people dislike it. They go in expectin a light yet slightly dark loveco like S1 and S2, and S3 hits you with something like a frigging' Gundam show in the face. That's something a lot of people will either not like, or either will not watch it in a "good mindset" (in other words as something VERY different from the other ones ans with others pro an cons). Honestly i like it better thisway, S1 and S2 were very good but a "more of the same if slighter more action-based" THIRD season like s2 was wouldn't have worked for me. At all. There is a big change in tone but it was necessary imo.

Also a lot of peope are complaining about the fact that everything would have been solved quickly with people talking to each others, but, well. First, I'm not conviced of that at all. In the end it only worked because everyone was forced to accept it, and moreover even after Xanad'us creation flame haze (who definitely look like the "worst guys" in this season IMO) were still not ok with it, even the "most okay" ones; there's no telling what OTHER flame hazes (like the ones in this season like Sophie etc) from Outlaw would think about it. S1 already told it, but S3 made a point that Flame hazes are NOT a cohesive group, AT ALL, and all have their own agenda. Given how extreme some flame hazes are despite being the suppposed "good ones", the other ones would probably not be very... open to the idea. S3 even said that Sophie had to do her interviews in secret.
Moreover SotF didn't know about the tomogara's "true wish" himself and was REALLY surprised by it. Since for im it was just "creating another world" without the exception set until the very very end, no talking with Shana would have changed anything.

And lastly, as many people said, it's a war. The whole season is about a war. War is about people being stupid, people trying to force their own PoV on others, about high-ranked people sometimes screwing everything, and the chaos that it causes. Yes, there MAY have been a way to solve perfectly somehow. However that's not how life work most of the time, even IRL. Even in daily life despite it not being noticed most of the time. So during a war and between people that just live in order to kill each other, and therefore will not be really open to dialogue... It was a big chaos where one can hardly know who is "the good guy" and who is "the bad guy" until the very end, but it's exactly the point., living beings are chaotic creatures who are quite often wrong even when they try to do what they think is "good"
And of course it's made even more complicated by each character's feelings and all. Thelast episode was aboutthis among other things, even if it was done a bit fast. Yuji thinking that he had to bear the burden for everything and basically be someone able to change reality to even deserve to STAND WITH SHANA. Doing it otherwise wouldn't work because he wouldn't think that he is "good enough" for this then. Or how he wants to take everything on his shoulders. And it's just two things Yuji, there are many other characters involved aside or even for him. While the war may look forced to some, taking everything into account the absolute chaos is pretty normal and, if anything, more realistic than the previous seasons. People have feelings, and when feelings are involved, things tend to get messy. Very messy. And you try to do what you can while trapped in said mess. It's the core idea.

Given the scale of what happens in this season, and how many people would be involved in a change in REALITY ITSELF (let's remember, for this "just a talk would have worked" thing, that MANY flame hazes were still VERY trigger happy even after knowing that this wouldn't have any effect on this world.) and emotions in the way (as it was stated again during this season, a LOT of flame hazes are driven by revenge; equal hate. Do people always listen quietly and rationally when someone who possibly killedtheir whole family ask them for something? Andthat's just one side of the whole deal, among countless others.) it's pretty obvious that chaos would ensue in any case.The result is ugly, but it's a war. It IS ugly. And very often foolish anddriven by the fact that people don't even try to understand each others because of our distrust and how we tend to like forcing our way on the world better. There is a lot of deaths because of this, but it is the whole point. Neither the FH nor the tomogaras (or humans for that matter) are perfect and willing to sit and listen to what people want while putting their emotions aside. In fact, I find it interesting because there's a nice duality between "love, the ultimate spell" from Shana, where her love leads her to stay with Yuji and try to understand him, in other words, "emotions are good" (the end of the serie reinforce this, Shana wants to know how Yuji FEELS, not what he THINKS... nonexistent opposition IMO, but what I think isn't the point) but as the same time, revenge and other emotions, which can ALSO lead to/come from from love, are clearly a destructive power that actually fueled the war and the distrust between the two sides, ultimately killing people. Or even Yuji "dirtying his hand" just in order to be able to "deserve" Shana. Emotions = bad.

It's a few of the many reasons S3 is my favorite by far. It doesn't look like a Shana, at all, and it looks a lot more like an ideological anime like most gundam, but it makes it interesting and is a breath of fresh air.

Good to see that the animation is still top-notch even for a rewatch some years later compared to S1 and s2, too.
Aug 1, 2016 9:27 AM

Aug 2013
This season is so wrong in so many ways and it totally ruined the series for me.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Aug 16, 2016 1:57 AM

May 2016
happy ending romance
I don't care
Nov 21, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2008
I feel like Shana has grown on so much on me that I can't really rate this objectively.

I would have liked a bit more of the "original" Yuji in that season and a bit more explanation. I do understand however that turning a LN into an anime is always tricky.
And I for one was actually intrigued by the war. I really looked forward to each new episode.

I also don't get how this could have been solved with asking, like people say...Yes, Shana does say that in the end, but that was more directed at the part of Shana still accepting Yuji and his deeds and being willing to stay with him.
The entire process, and especially the specifics of Xanadu were not really up for a simple discussion between them.
I also appreciated the idea of Yuji being introduced to the world of Flame Hazes and Tomogara etc. in seasons 1 and 2 to realize that he is not willing to accept that sytem - and create a chance for his beloved to lead a different life where she's not a "tool". Maybe the adaption on screen was lacking at points, but I enjoyed all of it.

I gave this an 8, though to me, it's more like an 8.5.
I enjoyed the ride that was Shana. :) This will show always stay dear to me.

Feb 26, 2017 7:30 PM
Jan 2010
xxJing said:
Okay so you are all glad it is over, and they got together. But I am going to give this episode a 5/10. Simply because, one of my characters Sydonay died, and he died for NO REASON.

They did not need to fight, their troubles were settled. Marjory did not need to kill Sydonay. It was a completely stupid fight and it's stupidity ruins the whole thing for me. Because it was so stupid it lowers the value of Yuuji and Shana for me, and I don't even care they got together any more because they are both idiots.

Yeah I was thinking "what the fuck are they really making up this fight so sydonay can die? They really expect me to buy into that"

This season was bullshit. I loved the school life and etc, I'm also all in for a war and battles but yeah, it was really different. I could've liked it if they had....reasoning behind all the plots. Why did the Flame Haze go to Xanadu in the end what the fuck, I thought it would be a place for the Carmin to live in peace, are they going to fight? lol

Yuji's plan was the one who made more sense, but there are many small plot holes. Like some have said, some good dialogue and everything would be sorted, fuck. SPECIALLY the last battle, just to kill sydoney lol, yeah I know he said he wanted to die but still was really dumb. I don't know why Shana and Margery get so pissed and started fighting lol

Now the kiss....4/10, it was a highy antecipated moment for me. I'm on a romantic moment so I had high hopes, if the kissing was good I thought I could forget many of the shit that happened this season. I didn't like that Yuji was on his new form while kissing, ugh. I still wanted something more out of the scene, I don't know, I wanted to see Shana a bit more embarassed. Oh well

5/10 because I love this series. I was really happy for Shana at the season 2 finale (I watched season 1 & 2 like in 2011, I did a quick rewatch and started season 3 some days ago), so I was thinking in season 3 they would be together from the very beggining. I was trolled like I never was before, I thought 'oh well they got me there, better be a good reason', but yeah....I wasn't satisfied as I thought I would be. In the end there were too many new characters, that I really couldn't give a fuck about

By the way, I was curious about how Yuji and the god did meet up, guess it wasn't explained?

Also Satou & Margery got a very solid moment (in episode 15 I think), it was probably the best declaration, I didn't even like Margery at all, but Satou made it great, hats off to him, along with Eita's line "Satou still needs to do SOMETHING for you". I just wished Shana & Yuji would top it but in my eyes they certainly didn't...that was some weakass kiss, shiiiit
GBcrazyFeb 26, 2017 7:48 PM
Mar 9, 2017 1:45 PM

Aug 2014
Okay so let me get this straight. Sydonay, who was easily the most amazing and memorable member of Bal Masque and one of the few good characters in the show, stayed behind so he could just die such a stupid way and be reunited with Hecata? I mean atleast give the amazing dude an amazing dead or something, not this lame excuse for a way to give him a happy end wtf.

And what the hell was the purpose of the Flame Haze trying to stop Yuji again? He tries to create a new world, and even then they keep going and going because of some time rift thing I can't ever remember being mentioned in the previous seasons whatsoever. And then you have Shana who feels like fighting Yuji every single freaking time she saw him this season. Like dammit, after the 453453534 fight, I kinda got sick of seeing her call him a jerk and not wanting him to fulfill his otherwise reasonable plan.

And then you have the Flame Haze going to Xanadu even though the wish for Togora's to not eat humans was actually fulfilled by those very monsters themself who didn't want to do it themself...so what the fuck? Why did they feel like they had to place some Flame Haze in this other dimension, when not even the Togora's wanted to eat humans anyway?

And what was the purpose of Johan and Pheles' child? Why was such a big deal made out of him? Why did that Goddess speak so highly of him? WHO THE HELL WAS THAT GODDESS AND WHY DID EVEN THE SERPENT GOD SEEM TO UNDERSTAND HER POWER? And why did she just randomly pop out of the blue like that?

Like goddamn, this season had potential but was executed so damn horribly, I don't even know what to do, it's a disgrace compared to the first 2 seasons that had their issues but atleast were somewhat good. Oh well, atleast Shana and Yuji gets a happy end after yelling at each other for 3 seasons, so 4/10.
May 31, 2017 11:17 AM

May 2017
Well I've been through the ending twice - one was back in 2012 when they aired their final last episode, and one a couple of weeks ago, when I decided to rewatch it. And yes, you kinda feel melancholic when it ends. You wish to see more of it and what happens after. I was touched again - it's only a matter of tastes.

Everyone got their happy ending besides Yoshida? Well let's just say she jumped from a love triangle to another - Hirai Ike Yoshida lololol.

I really enjoyed the series. But I see why some people are not quite into it. The anime is somehow different than the LN or even the manga.

What do we get in anime? Well season 1 shows us what's the deal. Then season 2 comes with a shitload of high-school drama and slice of life. That somehow departs us from the original plot and all the action, not to say that we even get puzzled or frustrated, because Yuji until now acts as if he doesn't give a flying fuck about Shana's or Kazumi's feelings, but with this new Konoe dudette (and she's not even canon ffs) they tease us even more. Because Yuji begins literally to flirt with her in front of them. Then, after some half-boring episodes that 'kill' the mood, there comes the end of season 2 which BAM! Yuji suddenly realises he wants Shana apart from what an asshole he was then BAM!again season 3 with Yuji bad guy stuff and all the action and slow down what's happening and whyYyy?!!11

I can totally understand that, I felt the same way. However, I loved the story too much not to give it a shot. If producers were more loyal to the LN, things would've made so much more sense.
Basically Yuji meets Shana, he is prone to attackers because stuff, he is joining her in the fights she has and they share some adventure. Yoshida has some feelings about him, too. Shana gets jealous. But it's quite clear that Yuji nurtures feelings for Shana. You can see him much closer to her than in anime. When Wilhelmina shows up and tries to remove Yuji from Shana, there is a scene where he hugs Shana and cries and tells her he needs to become stronger.
There is no Konoe Fumina arc nor too much of a tease with Yoshida triangle. It's clearly showed, as far as I've heard, that Yuji grows fond of Shana but he is: 1. waiting for her to confess to make sure (yeah, Yuji somehow still keeps his pussiness), 2. skeptical that Shana might love him, because he considers himself too weak and not worthy for her. It was not until the Christmas letters shit when he realised Shana felt the same and seized his chance and went for his lifetime shot, to make himself worthy enough. He believed that if he stayed with her this way, one day he would lose her, because Flame Hazes can either die in a battle or burn up.

That's why he decides to join with the God of Creation, he is basically letting him 'rent his body' and coexisting with him for a while. He is no bad guy, although he seems quite dark. He wants to create a Paradise for his Tomogaras to have infinite PoE to end all those wars, trusting them and being concerned only about his point of view. War means a clash of points of view that cannot simply just be 'discussed' at a cup of tea.

Flame Hazes don't agree because: 1. they don't trust the enemy (which is only logical), 2. even if the enemy pretends he has good intentions, you cannot trust them since they didn't try to solve this friendly at first, 3. Tomogaras would still eat people even with infinite PoE, because of all sorts of reasons (Shana and Yuji go in Xanadu after, for the sole reason to stop evil Tomogara and teach them and people to coexist peacefully), 4. if they did that, it would still only result in chaos, 5. Could be chaos just now, because such a risky task can go wrong anytime, 6. some Flame Hazes still wanna hunt Tomogaras because... revenge?
So basically Yuji means well but he's not trusted, while Flame Hazes mean well as well, but they're not taken into consideration.

And Yuji really wants not only to protect the world but especially Shana. His being as naive and clueless and SoF's huge power combined, result in Yuji going a tad yandere on Shana, not realizing how much of a harm he does. But in the end, he loves her (his love is better depicted in the LN).

If the producers went like this instead of that, and maybe cut out the crap from SnS II and started SnS III in the middle of it... that would've been better.
I prefer season III though.

Still, I'm wondering. Ummm, Shana has a body of a 12-years-old. Yuji will remain at his 16-years-old body. Do you think their relationship could go on a much higher level, judging by this situation? lol
Anakat_samaMay 31, 2017 11:21 AM
The mindfucker.
Jun 16, 2017 4:43 PM

Nov 2016
That was just awesome, great final for a great show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 16, 2017 4:44 PM

Nov 2016
That was just awesome, great final for a great show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 6, 2017 5:08 PM
May 2016
well....that felt like a retcon of the whole series
Jul 20, 2017 12:58 PM
Aug 2014
Well that ending was god awful.
Sep 29, 2017 11:04 AM

Sep 2012
new they should make new anime named Xanadu :D

cause u can't expect perfect world in Xanadu, there will be adventures
in Xanadu as well :)
Sep 29, 2017 12:32 PM
Sep 2017
Kazumi Yoshida continues her life in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha as Hayate Yagami. She's now one of the few humans who knew about Crimson Denizens and Flame Hazes.

Somehow I think there's some link between Shakugan no Shana and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
Starting from Nanoha The Movie 2nd A's, how did Hayate came into the possession of the Book of Darkness was never mentioned.

Maybe some might not noticed but there's certainly some idea connection between the 2 anime series.They both share magical themes or parallel universes.

Kazumi Yoshida

Hayate Yagami
Hentai44Sep 29, 2017 1:55 PM
Sep 29, 2017 12:50 PM
Sep 2017
Would also like to see Hecate clone in future anime series.

Yui Hirasawa (K-ON)
Sep 29, 2017 12:57 PM
Sep 2017
Both SnS and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha anime series have God Realms/Afterlife Worlds:

Shakugan no Shana: Xanadu
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: El-Hazard

Those who want a similar continuation after having watching the end of Shakugan no Shana Final Season III,I recommend jumping straight into Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 2nd A's.

Apr 20, 2018 6:55 PM
Apr 2018
Why the fuck did they Sydonay for?
Sep 5, 2018 3:41 PM
Jan 2018
I Just finish this anime today and dame...what a great show... poeple say this is not clear, or wtf they have do?! Sure, i can undestande what you say.

For the first time of my life, I actually realy fell what a tsundere fell... I mean, every episode, i just can't not stop call Yuji baka...I mean for fuck sake, Shana just what to be with you what the hell did you need more?

But for some reasons, he know what he did has terrible, all the life he take...he has thinking he can't be wiht Shana after what he did, so he has going to exile himself to the new world, for make sure everything will be fine and after, maybe by with Shana.

But man....all you have to do has asking her.... baka, like Johan say, he hasn't trust the love she got for him....baka
Jan 13, 2019 7:14 AM

Apr 2017
Oh boy, that was a long ride. I didn't like this season at all, but the ending was good.
Feb 23, 2019 4:44 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good series as a whole. The plot is sometimes inconsistent and some of the characters aren't that interesting. But Shana is a great heroine. The meaning of existence and love are themes from the story that resonate strongly.

7/10 for this season and for the series as a whole. Way better than some of the more popular shonen out there at least. I'll remember my time with this one fondly. Thanks Shana.
BStrifeSword114Feb 23, 2019 5:05 PM
Mar 18, 2019 10:55 PM
Jul 2011
I finally finished watching season 3 after 7 years.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.