Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 16, 2016 10:46 PM

Oct 2013
Do you guys think the anime adaption will be well receive on mal? Looking at the manga ratings it is rated 8.82 which is really impressive, if this series gets a good adaption, this may turn out like erased. I also think this series has some time travel elements in it as well.

I'm definitely looking forward to this series in summer. Once again, 2016 is really looking to be a great year for anime, so many variety this year, so many anime to choose from this year, and we still have a lot more announcement to come.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 16, 2016 10:57 PM

Sep 2015
I haven't read the manga, but the description sounds interesting.

I don't have any expectations yet...
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 16, 2016 11:16 PM

Feb 2016
Sounds like BokuDake of Summer, I dont expect anything tho. (for the best)
Feb 16, 2016 11:34 PM

Mar 2014
Don't know anything about it. But I'mma bet the farm that it's gonna be top 10 when it airs.
Feb 16, 2016 11:36 PM
Oct 2012
Assuming it's adapted well it'll probably end up around 9 or just under. It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up higher though since people around here love emotional romances.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how the time travel aspect is received since that was the weakest part of the story for me but all in all I expect this will be pretty great with the current staff announced and I am looking forward to it.
Feb 17, 2016 1:58 AM

Feb 2014
The studios adapting it don't have the best record so my expectations are a bit lower. The reception of the source material is good so hard to predict.
Feb 17, 2016 2:37 AM

Nov 2013
Still not sure about this series. The Description sounds like your usual romance story filled with love triangle drama bs..

But that's what mal likes. Put feels and drama in it and people rate it as masterpiece.
Feb 17, 2016 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
Haven't read the manga and I don't tend to watch much romance/drama, but I have high hopes for this series.
Feb 17, 2016 3:48 AM

Jun 2008
Seeing the production team is a bit promising if we consider their previous works, and the fact that I read a couple of chapters and actually liked it I do have high expectations of this anime.
Even if stories with time-travel are getting too much lately, you will still have to play it nicely in a way that makes the emotions reach the viewer ( which what made BokuDake so famous, not only the plot )
Feb 17, 2016 4:10 AM

Oct 2011
Was sort of disappointed in the ending of the manga but I hope the adaptation manages to feel melancholic and sweet similar to Ao Haru Ride.
Feb 17, 2016 4:47 AM

Feb 2010
Dissapointed in the ending of the manga too, but well i have high expectations for this

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Feb 17, 2016 5:17 AM

May 2014
Is this something like a time travel anime or something?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 17, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2012
CrotakuShinobi said:
Is this something like a time travel anime or something?

Not quite like that, time paralel or world would be the best words to describe it.
Feb 17, 2016 7:08 AM

Feb 2015
the manga is perfect so I hope it will get a good adaptation
Feb 17, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
About whether this is a "time travel" story (like Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi or Steins;Gate)...

The time travel aspect of this manga is extremely subtle. It's more a wistful fulfillment of the desire to caution oneself in the past to prevent one's present regrets, and the tension of whether it is even possible to change the future. I wouldn't actually categorize it as sci-fi. The time travel element has been described as "weak" by a lot of people (I think). And to the extent that there is no scientific basis or substance to the "time travel", it just mysteriously happens, that is probably true. But as a plot device I think the time travel is really "strong." Letters received from your future self. It's more like poetic license than sci-fi.

That being said, Orange is not your typical romantic drama either (not that I don't like those animanga as well). The focal point is about saving a friend, not romance.

Expectations? High. But considering this was the first manga I ever loved, I may have some sentimental bias. (*^_^*)
KaguyaSenshiFeb 17, 2016 12:09 PM
Avatar is art by the amazing Koyamori: http://koyamori.deviantart.com
(A.K.A. Maruti Bitamin: http://maruti-bitamin.tumblr.com/ )
Feb 17, 2016 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
It's one of my favorite mangas + it's already finished so I really have high expectations
Feb 17, 2016 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
I hated the manga. I mean HATED. But, it was super easy to read, so I will actually be watching this. If only to have some lower scores on my anime list as completed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2014
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
I hated the manga. I mean HATED. But, it was super easy to read, so I will actually be watching this. If only to have some lower scores on my anime list as completed
Might I ask why you hated it? The only thing I disliked about it was the ending
Feb 17, 2016 3:46 PM

Mar 2014
largercody said:
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:

Keep in mind, I read this series as it came out, since chapter 3. So some of my memory may be fuzzy. With that said, this is going to be a big one...

Naho and Kakeru are flat and 1-dimensional. Naho's only trait was being "super nice and loving everyone" like a good ol' Mary Sue. She was a generic ticket to melodrama. Kakeru was edgy af. Moving on...

Speaking of melodrama, Orange has lots of it. Not sure why everyone bursts into tears every fucking chapter over stuff that we, the audience, have been given no reason to care about. Why everyone has such strong bonds, without giving any reason why. Teenagers. Don't. Act. Like. This. I would know.

Here's my biggest problem: The themes. The message of Orange is: "If you make a mistake... forever grieve over it, and let it drag you down. Get a chance to fix it? Do so immediately. Because mistakes HAVE to ruin your life."

Nuff said

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
TenshoFeb 21, 2016 6:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2016 6:58 PM

Jun 2014
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
largercody said:

Keep in mind, I read this series as it came out, since chapter 3. So some of my memory may be fuzzy. With that said, this is going to be a big one...

Naho and Kakeru are flat and 1-dimensional. Naho's only trait was being "super nice and loving everyone" like a good ol' Mary Sue. She was a generic ticket to melodrama. Kakeru was edgy af. Moving on...

Speaking of melodrama, Orange has lots of it. Not sure why everyone bursts into tears every fucking chapter over stuff that we, the audience, have been given no reason to care about. Why everyone has such strong bonds, without giving any reason why. Teenagers. Don't. Act. Like. This. I would know.

Here's my biggest problem: The themes. The message of Orange is: "If you make a mistake... forever grieve over it, and let it drag you down. Get a chance to fix it? Do so immediately. Because mistakes HAVE to ruin your life."

Nuff said
Thanks for letting me know I was just curious. Yeah I also agree with the point of nobody addressing the fact that he was sloppy seconds. Thinking back on it I never really paid much attention to that fact because I was too focused on her trying to save the other guy. Thanks for you pov

TenshoFeb 21, 2016 6:36 AM
Feb 17, 2016 7:00 PM

Nov 2014
None, I don't even know what this is.

Feb 17, 2016 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
Yes it wil do well.
Feb 18, 2016 8:43 AM

Nov 2009
The manga was great!
Feb 18, 2016 9:05 AM
Dec 2013
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
largercody said:

Nuff said
I also don't really like it because the characters are not really interesting but I don't really hate it either. I hope the anime will be better.

TenshoFeb 21, 2016 6:33 AM
Feb 18, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
Going to go into this show with slightly above average expectations for now. While it has a good premise and very solid staff, there's always a chance they could change the way the plot is handled and I'm not fond of the choice of the studio.

Still very happy to see this getting an anime adaptation too. Very well deserved.
Feb 18, 2016 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
manganimelover1 said:
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:

Nuff said
I also don't really like it because the characters are not really interesting but I don't really hate it either. I hope the anime will be better.

The characters are indeed not interesting

TenshoFeb 21, 2016 6:34 AM
Feb 19, 2016 10:38 AM

Nov 2015
I didn't read the whole manga, but I guess this will be like Boku Dake ga Inai Machi.

Feb 19, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2014
Well the Premise looks Interesting and TMS is not a super bad Studio so I will give this show Chance
Feb 21, 2016 5:58 AM

May 2014
Agree with the others about the uninteresting characters, but I hope the anime represents them better. Have pretty high expectations for this because the manga was one of my favorites :^)
Feb 22, 2016 2:46 AM

Nov 2011
Latest visual (sort of):
Feb 22, 2016 9:54 PM

May 2012
keragamming said:
Do you guys think the anime adaption will be well receive on mal? Looking at the manga ratings it is rated 8.82 which is really impressive, if this series gets a good adaption, this may turn out like erased. I also think this series has some time travel elements in it as well.

I'm definitely looking forward to this series in summer. Once again, 2016 is really looking to be a great year for anime, so many variety this year, so many anime to choose from this year, and we still have a lot more announcement to come.
Assuming that the adaptation is of a high quality, I would predict that it would land in the top 200 at least of MAL. The story is quite similar to Erased, which is obviously extremely well received, but MAL seems to be male-dominated so I imagine that a shoujo won't be so popular.
Feb 24, 2016 2:29 AM

Nov 2013
Just finished it. It will be another AnoHana, there's a scene where everybody cries after something I won't spoil. High chance will get many blow up.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 25, 2016 10:14 PM

Nov 2015
Sensui said:
Still not sure about this series. The Description sounds like your usual romance story filled with love triangle drama bs..

But that's what mal likes. Put feels and drama in it and people rate it as masterpiece.

I guess it sounds like that, but, honestly, it's not your usual shoujo. Eh, call me bias, but that's just me. I'm not the hugest fan of typical cliche which a story revolves around, so there's obviously a reason why this was one of my favorites.
you don't win alone. that's just how it is.
Feb 27, 2016 4:48 AM

Jun 2012
So damn glad that this is getting an adaption. Fingers crossed it's done well.
Mar 11, 2016 8:52 AM
Feb 2016
I really love the manga! I really hope a good adaptation, with the emotions and feelings! Everything!
Mar 11, 2016 9:44 PM

Apr 2014
i really hope they stay loyal to the manga, there's not that many chapters so it's hard to mess up
Mar 11, 2016 9:49 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, closest thing it's similar to is Ano Hana but a bit more supernatural. It's like Steins;Gate and Erased in a way.
Mar 15, 2016 4:15 PM

Aug 2015
Wow, I finished the manga last week. And now there's an anime coming out. What perfect timing.

Oh, and the manga's really good, so this should be reeeal good.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Mar 20, 2016 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
I'm not a big fan of the manga but I can see fans of the manga will hype the shit out of this come summer and I'd imagine fans of anohana or anything of that particular theme or genre to love the the fuck out of this. I was half expecting mara okada to do the script for this though, knowing that she knows this kind of genre well.
Mar 24, 2016 8:51 AM
Sep 2015
Well, I freaked out the moment I saw there'll be an anime for Orange, so I've got really big expectations.
Mar 24, 2016 11:10 PM

May 2010
It better become my new favourite shoujo anime!

I'm sure it'll be great, manga is short enough to not be destroyed by flawed pacing in anime, and the key visuals/charadesigns look very promising. May only seiyuu be fitting as well!
Mar 25, 2016 4:10 PM

Feb 2016
High expectation since the manga was awesome.
Mar 26, 2016 12:38 AM

Sep 2013
Mangashines said:
High expectation since the manga was awesome.

The Manga is my favorite it was masterpiece
Mar 26, 2016 7:25 AM
Oct 2015
Hoah' lawde' is that Kana Hanazawa? I read the first few chapters of the manga and thought it was neat. Not much to go off of the PV but the art does look pretty. If she is mc then I'll definitely just watch this tho. >:)
Mar 26, 2016 7:37 AM

Oct 2014
Manga is interesting so my expectations for this anime is high.
Mar 27, 2016 9:19 AM
Sep 2015
Honestly i want kakeru's voice actor to be Yuki Kaji. and since its a relevantly short manga , i want most of the things to be in the anime adaption .
Mar 27, 2016 11:42 PM

Oct 2011
just read the manga until vol.3, and overall I enjoyed it, about the animation adaption, this show will become one of my favorite animu this year
Mar 28, 2016 1:07 AM
Sep 2014
For me, Kakeru should be voiced by Kensho Ono, Suwa by Ryohei Kimura and Hagita by Yuuki Ono or Yoshimasa Hosoya
Mar 28, 2016 5:31 AM
Jul 2015
What a year for anime, holy shit
AOTY already

ziggy_Z said:
Don't know anything about it. But I'mma bet the farm that it's gonna be top 10 when it airs.

This
Mar 29, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
ggiakh said:
Honestly i want kakeru's voice actor to be Yuki Kaji. and since its a relevantly short manga , i want most of the things to be in the anime adaption .

Wow. I also think Yuki Kaji would be a great choice. His role as Kou in Ao Haru Ride was really convincing and I think Kakeru's reserved and despondent nature would be captured well by him as well as well as his livelier nature with Naho. Yuki Kaji has a great laugh that I think suits Kakeru.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

205 by patkarunungan »»
May 6, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

382 by venbals »»
May 4, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

178 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 30, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

237 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 29, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

248 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 29, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.