Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Feb 14, 2016 10:58 AM
Oct 2011
@Cr7_vi_Britannia You know that's not the author of Konosuba right?

Thats the one who performs the opening song-Machico
Feb 14, 2016 12:31 PM

Oct 2013
barmar said:
@Cr7_vi_Britannia You know that's not the author of Konosuba right?

Thats the one who performs the opening song-Machico

http://myanimelist.net/manga/60553/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo
Authors: Mishima, Kurone (Art), Akatsuki, Natsume (Story)
Feb 14, 2016 12:38 PM
Oct 2011
Sigh* I know that...he just had Machico's pic posted there which I pointed out was wrong.
Feb 14, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
barmar said:
Sigh* I know that...he just had Machico's pic posted there which I pointed out was wrong.

I can not see the pictures I'm posting, because I'm using the cell phone, the images are too small, when I get home I'll post the correct picture.
Feb 14, 2016 4:33 PM

Sep 2013
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
This is priceless.

Akatsuki Natsume author of KonoSuba

this woman has earned my respect.

is there actually information on the author being female? All I could find on that was a blog entry from him/her whining how he/she picked a shitty pen name because the publisher forced him/her to practice signing autographs lol

Wikipedia doesn't really have any info on that either:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9A%81%E3%81%AA%E3%81%A4%E3%82%81
Feb 14, 2016 5:37 PM

Jul 2015
Toadesstern said:
is there actually information on the author being female? All I could find on that was a blog entry from him/her whining how he/she picked a shitty pen name because the publisher forced him/her to practice signing autographs lol

Wikipedia doesn't really have any info on that either:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9A%81%E3%81%AA%E3%81%A4%E3%82%81

the problem with wikipedia and that people are editing all the time and some things that are there are not true.

no longer exist the 2ch.net that now belongs to the owner of 4chan, I use these saite for information

http://www.2ch.sc/2ch.html
http://anicobin.ldblog.jp/
Feb 14, 2016 5:41 PM
Oct 2012
Toadesstern said:

I believe you misread that. It was a comment about her practicing signing autographs for her first signing event in Akihabara and she now wished she had picked an easier pen name.
Feb 14, 2016 5:59 PM

Sep 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Toadesstern said:

I believe you misread that. It was a comment about her practicing signing autographs for her first signing event in Akihabara and she now wished she had picked an easier pen name.

yeah I got that. That's what I just said isn't it? At least that's what I meant lol

But like I asked, is there any info that it's actually a woman?
Feb 14, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
Toadesstern said:

you are Japonese?

I just found out that she was a woman because some users 2ch.net, posted pictures with her in the KonoSuba LN threads, between 2014 and 2015, and I started reading the threads starting volume 2.

And I never cared about it because I thought everyone already knew and that was a disseminated information, now with anime on display, the people are again asked she are a man or a woman.

Feb 14, 2016 6:19 PM
Oct 2012
Toadesstern said:

In that she did an autograph session with the artist on January 23rd, I think "had" she been a man, someone would have made a comment on it, that no one has, suggests that she is indeed a woman.

As for your "interpretation", I would say yes you got it wrong. You are also missing context.

Like many Light Novel writers, she started by posting online in a blog and it was the support of her readers that helped her get published. She picked the pen name long before finding a publisher. The joke in her post was that had she known that she would ever be doing an autograph session, she would have picked an easier pen name.

So she wasn't "whining", but showing the same self-deprecating humor that has made this series such a success.
Feb 14, 2016 6:29 PM

Sep 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Toadesstern said:

In that she did an autograph session with the artist on January 23rd, I think "had" she been a man, someone would have made a comment on it, that no one has, suggests that she is indeed a woman.

As for your "interpretation", I would say yes you got it wrong. You are also missing context.

Like many Light Novel writers, she started by posting online in a blog and it was the support of her readers that helped her get published. She picked the pen name long before finding a publisher. The joke in her post was that had she known that she would ever be doing an autograph session, she would have picked an easier pen name.

So she wasn't "whining", but showing the same self-deprecating humor that has made this series such a success.

I am fully aware of that. My innitial description was a joke for crying out loud... Just chill a bit dude. Read what I wrote and assume I understood it for just a second and it makes perfect sense as a lighthearted joke on that rather than me hating on an author who's series I love and actively read myself...
Feb 14, 2016 6:34 PM

Feb 2016
what a boring day -.

Feb 14, 2016 6:37 PM
Oct 2012
Toadesstern said:
My innitial description was a joke for crying out loud... Just chill a bit dude. Read what I wrote and assume I understood it for just a second and it makes perfect sense as a lighthearted joke on that rather than me hating on an author who's series I love and actively read myself...

Gees, man up, admit you read it wrong, it's really no big deal. But trying to pass it off as a "joke" while engaging in passive-aggressive behavior makes you look pathetic.

I don't know what is wrong with people, they make it seem like they will be executed if they misread something or made a mistake.

If you want to see how it is done, go read the "Megumin's name" thread. I coughed up a whopping hair ball there, but I had the grace to say "whoops, wrong, my bad". I could because ultimately no mistake is a "big deal". We all make them, what is essential is to fess up to them asap.
Feb 14, 2016 6:38 PM
Oct 2012
Tekken02 said:
what a boring day

On Valentine's Day? Seriously, sorry dude, but anime is always there to console us.
Feb 14, 2016 6:49 PM

Sep 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Toadesstern said:
My innitial description was a joke for crying out loud... Just chill a bit dude. Read what I wrote and assume I understood it for just a second and it makes perfect sense as a lighthearted joke on that rather than me hating on an author who's series I love and actively read myself...

Gees, man up, admit you read it wrong, it's really no big deal. But trying to pass it off as a "joke" while engaging in passive-aggressive behavior makes you look pathetic.

I don't know what is wrong with people, they make it seem like they will be executed if they misread something or made a mistake.

If you want to see how it is done, go read the "Megumin's name" thread. I coughed up a whopping hair ball there, but I had the grace to say "whoops, wrong, my bad". I could because ultimately no mistake is a "big deal". We all make them, what is essential is to fess up to them asap.

There's nothing I read wrong though, again that's just you not even considering my pov lol. I've had this conversation 2 weeks ago on irc with someone else while I linked that event-vid so like I said it was a joke. Clearly I got on your toes with that description somehow so I'm going to apologize for that if you took it that badly but that's all.
Feb 14, 2016 6:57 PM
Oct 2012
Toadesstern said:
again that's just you not even considering my pov lol.

I considered your "POV", and 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people who use "LOL" are idiots. Not saying that this applies to you, but just saying.........

Toadesstern said:
Clearly I got on your toes with that description somehow so I'm going to apologize for that if you took it that badly but that's all.

Seriously, quit the passive aggressive crap. It just make you look like a sexually frustrated teenager. And contrary to Seinfeld, being sexually frustrated does not make you more intelligent.
Feb 14, 2016 7:12 PM

Sep 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Toadesstern said:
again that's just you not even considering my pov lol.

I considered your "POV", and 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people who use "LOL" are idiots. Not saying that this applies to you, but just saying.........

Toadesstern said:
Clearly I got on your toes with that description somehow so I'm going to apologize for that if you took it that badly but that's all.

Seriously, quit the passive aggressive crap. It just make you look like a sexually frustrated teenager. And contrary to Seinfeld, being sexually frustrated does not make you more intelligent.

Well seems like I'm correct though, I did step on something there, didn't I?
Either way, have a nice day I'm done here. Neither will I convince you of anything since you just keep going like that nor do I see the need to.
Feb 14, 2016 7:22 PM
Oct 2012
Toadesstern said:
Either way, have a nice day I'm done here. Neither will I convince you of anything since you just keep going like that nor do I see the need to.

"LOL" not really. As I said, get over your chuunibyou passive aggressivism and you will be a better person.
Feb 14, 2016 7:55 PM

Sep 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Toadesstern said:

"LOL" not really. As I said, get over your chuunibyou passive aggressivism and you will be a better person.

maybe answer the actual question instead of that "duh" answer earlier and you won't get that attitude. The other guy wrote
"I just found out that she was a woman because some users 2ch.net, posted pictures with her in the KonoSuba LN threads, between 2014 and 2015, and I started reading the threads starting volume 2."
which is exactly what I was asking.
Your comment about there not being any comment refuting the claim didn't do anything but try to mock someone you either weren't willing to answer or couldn't answer. Because again, you completly ignored what I wrote there while the guy with slightly broken english understood me just fine and told me what I asked about without being condescending.
Feb 14, 2016 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Duhallan-sama, he got dungoofed. I think he'll die from the shock of learning that they had just forgot about him and Darkness curse was lifted a minute after he left.

I also kinda felt bad for the blonde guy. He had just been deludedby Aqua. On the other hand, the way they kept bullying him was hilarious.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 15, 2016 3:22 AM

Dec 2015
Toadesstern said:
Aversa said:
RPG player mentality when you get a sword that's useless to you but worth a lot of money, you sell it.
The i think that's general traders mentality as well.
Anyway this episode was great seeing a narcissist suffer is always nice.

And seeing Aqua in that cage was very funny.

iirc it didn't even sell for a lot because the sword can only be used by the original guy so might as well just consider it being thrown away out of spite

Can't keep with all the danmachi references
Feb 15, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
DarcyD said:
Wrsty said:
This continues to prove it's the comedy of the season. It's ridiculously fun!

NO way, Dagashi Kashi is the comedy of the season, but this one is right up there too lol

My bad that is true! Both are amazing!
Feb 15, 2016 3:44 PM

Jul 2009
LOL I CAN'T BELIEVE AQUA WENT THROUGH WITH THE CAGE PLAN XD The first part was hilarious ... then the second part came along with this new character Kyouya, the "chosen hero" (according to him, anyway). Obviously Aqua forgot who he was completely, he has this "cursed sword" (which I thought would totally screw him over in the dragon fight), which promptly gets stolen by Kazuma when he's challenged to a duel ... and well, obviously you'd sell a sword you don't need, right? :P In any case Dullahan returns, annoyed that nobody's visited him in his castle ... this is gonna be good XD
Feb 15, 2016 5:26 PM

Apr 2014
Finally caught up to the latest episode and I have to say it's been entertaining so far. This series strongest point has been the voice actors for me. The way the jokes and the humorous scenes are delivered by each character might be even funnier than the content of the scenes themselves.

This episode was pretty good although I would still consider the one with the frogs to be my favorite.
Funniest scene was when that new hero came towards Aqua calling her his goddess and all that, and she was all like "oh yeah yeah I remember, you're... that guy". In general she's been a very fun character and was the source of some of the funniest moments in the series.
Feb 16, 2016 2:07 AM

Sep 2010
Selling that cursed sword... Might have been able to extort Kyouya for more money for it.
Brings to mind the stolen knife in Danmachi. However, in Danmachi, the thief was offered so little for it that they opted to hold on to it temporarily.
I'd say Log Horizon features a much better cursed sword.

I take it the story uses this guy to mock MMO players who buy a weapon with power far in excess of their understanding of the game mechanics. ...Also, if you can beat a boss in one hit, you're playing in a zone way too easy for the level of your equipment.

Z4k said:
Lmao Deen went overboard with the finger movement scene.
I see it as one way of getting something perverted past the censors.

Genix said:
So I was thinking. His Luck stat is high enough, that he's able to steal the most valuable belonging of his target, with a 100% success rate thus far (From girls' panties, to a powerful weapon of a warrior).

Shouldn't that also affect the critical hit rate of his attacks as well? Seeing as this parallel world is based out of an RPG-game setting, you'd think the RNG on the damage he does and such to his enemies would also be favorable...
I suspect his other stats are so low that he'd be ineffective in combat even with the RNG on his side.
Feb 16, 2016 12:40 PM

Dec 2014
My tummy hurts and my neck is dry... I had laught trough the entire episode XD

I loved how the MC solved the duel, that was like a hell of a plot twist. I trough:''Ok this again. Another 1 episode long duel... lets see how the MC win this...'' and while I was about to finish by trought the MC was like: ''OK'' -KO. It was really unexpected, and I loved it.
Also, am I the only one who thinks that Dullahan actually just wants friends/guests?! I gave up on taking this anime in serious, so I am expecting anything but actual action.
Feb 17, 2016 12:10 AM

Oct 2008
O_O OMG that boobs of that bar girl! almost gonna show all of them!
Another hilarious episode!
poor Aqua...she got traumatized because of that cage and gatorz!
LOL none of the three girls wanna join Kyouya!
Steal move by Kazuma was also cheating! haha! and LOL the 2 girls of Kyouya was disgusted to Kazuma and sold his sword poor Kazuma! also got smacked by Aqua poor him again!
Dullahan wants some attention again haha!
5/5!

Feb 17, 2016 12:29 AM

Aug 2009
This is by far the funniest episode of the series, holy shit I couldn't stop laughing. From the cage plan to gender equality and the white knight guy and then the Dulhallan guy comes back at the end XD lmao this shit is gold.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 17, 2016 4:53 AM

Oct 2012
Serve you right, Kyouya!

Maybe Dullahan just want someone to come to his castle and play with him? xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 17, 2016 7:29 AM

Mar 2013
Aqua's scream is compared to monkey by Japanese.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28220186
Feb 17, 2016 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
fateoffate said:

Wow, it's true!
Gotta say, at first I hated her voice, but now I find it oddly charming.
Feb 17, 2016 11:31 PM

Jun 2014
I am running out of unique praise for this show. And it's only episode 5. It's so dumb. And I love it. The life long gamer in me is LOVING seeing all these gaming tropes turned backwards.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 18, 2016 11:29 AM

Dec 2009
fateoffate said:
OH MY GOD MY STOMACH!

Takuan_Soho said:
and 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people who use "LOL" are idiots. Not saying that this applies to you, but just saying.........
LOLOLOLOLOL i must be instantly an idiot. I should go get some nobel physicists to say "lol" for you.

a said:
aqua and her party tricks, get some decent skills xD
Me: naw, i like her being pathetic... it makes darkness end up being cannon fodder, and gives megumin more stuff to blow up!
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 18, 2016 12:23 PM

Apr 2015
That Kazuma's Hand movement though... LOL
Feb 19, 2016 2:26 AM

Jan 2015
Those fabulous hand movements 69/10
Fucka got hit by god blow
And the receptionist though, her clothes are so revealing that you'd probably be able to see oppai without taking off the cloth lol
Good episode. 3/5
Feb 19, 2016 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
Yep, Kazuma is a great MC lol, he's not an idiot like this guy, he keeps it real 100% of the time!
Lmao he stole the sword!, & he won! xD xD xD
noob begging for stuff his stuff back lmao

Dullahan is back xD
Lmao, he must've waited so long for them xD
Feb 21, 2016 10:09 AM

Feb 2013
I'm not sure if I stopped laughing through the entire episode. That whole cage thing was hilarious.
Feb 22, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2016
Best episode so far.
This anime has great characters.
Feb 24, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2015
Kazuma is by far the best mc of the season.
Feb 28, 2016 12:51 AM

Sep 2015
I actually couldn't laugh at depressed Aqua. That was really sad :(

Besides that episode was gold and spot on. Of course if the sword is useless you sell it XD genersl rules of RPG.

Steal skill with Max luck stat is pretty clutch haha. Darkness wanting to jump in the cage was probably one of the funniet parts of the episode. That and Kuzuma with his steal skill to the ladies ;)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 28, 2016 1:44 AM
Jun 2010
in the manga, she does jump into the mob of alligators, don't remember about the novel though.
Feb 29, 2016 4:10 AM
Dec 2009
Poor Aqua, those alligators were basically mini dragons! That was rough.

And finally someone knew Aqua! I can't believe she forgot that guy she sent before. He seems like he's getting stronger and becoming a real warrior unlike our hero... I don't really get why they all hate him so much.
Mar 2, 2016 4:48 PM

Jul 2009
Poor Aqua, she had a hard time, but it was so fun! LOL
Mar 3, 2016 4:43 AM

May 2010
Ok, watching this episode gave me a plot idea, which could work really well for some drama/SoL harem anime. Basically, the MC is the friend of the guy who is "supposed" to be main character. It's not like he got super good looks or personality or anything, still the girls totally fawn over him in a way they would in a typical harem. At the same time, they treat the 'actual' MC like they would any other ordinary boy. The MC is just as average looking as his friend, yet he got no girls interested in him. So yeah, he is bitter about it. At the same time, he has a lot more actual chemistry with his girls, than he does with them. Either that, or he has only one girl who is genuinely interested in him (and is neutral to the harem dude) That sort of story. I wonder if it is already been done. Oregairu had a little similar approach, but not quite like what I'm talking about. If done well, this could be totally a masterpiece imo.

Well, that traumatized Aqua pretty well. Good job, Kazuma. I felt bad for her though. It's like seeing death over and over again right before your eyes.

And Aqua had Kyouya fooled pretty well, too. He probably thinks she is some sweet ojou-sama character, when she is anything but that.

Lmao Kazuma is awesome. "Okay, I'm in. Steal!"

"God blow" LMAO

Best episode so far.
Mar 3, 2016 2:10 PM

May 2014
There were some great scenes this episode. Especially Aqua rocked some. Still not amazed by this anime till now.
I guess I expected a bit more seriousness. I wonder where the series will go, and if they'll somewhat take care of the Devil lord.
Mar 3, 2016 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
With all the slapstick, it becomes easy to overlook two things:

1. Aqua actually admitted to having fun with Kazuma
2. Kazuma is still being genuinely mean to her at times =(

Best part of this show for me was still Aqua vomotting rainbows when she's drunk.

Lararin said:
He seems like he's getting stronger and becoming a real warrior unlike our hero...

Nope he's just relying on that sword for 100%. Also, contrary to Kazuma who is swarmed by weird but oddly capable female party members against his will, that guys is using the advantage the sword grants him to actively attract a harem novice groupies, while still pretending to be the white knight. In other words, he's an actual douche.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 3, 2016 3:04 PM
Dec 2009
Laionidas said:
Lararin said:
He seems like he's getting stronger and becoming a real warrior unlike our hero...

Nope he's just relying on that sword for 100%. Also, contrary to Kazuma who is swarmed by weird but oddly capable female party members against his will, that guys is using the advantage the sword grants him to actively attract a harem novice groupies, while still pretending to be the white knight. In other words, he's an actual douche.

Hmm, I see you point, but Kazuma stealing girls underwear is not any better/worse in my opinion, even if I lived in a magical world that would be really violating/horrible. Both guys seem like douches to me...
Mar 5, 2016 4:30 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was just too funny! Poor Aqua was completely broken XD

Felt bad for the dude who lost his sword.

Dem Kazuma fingers lol
Mar 12, 2016 6:13 PM

Oct 2012
Another epic episode! Purification, purification, purification! :D
Mar 12, 2016 6:48 PM
Mar 2016
Laionidas said:
With all the slapstick, it becomes easy to overlook two things:

1. Aqua actually admitted to having fun with Kazuma
2. Kazuma is still being genuinely mean to her at times =(

Best part of this show for me was still Aqua vomotting rainbows when she's drunk.

Lararin said:

Wish they'd show a few more sweet/kinder moments of Aqua. Even just a pinch more before the anime ends :P

"RR break/leave it to me" in ep. 1 and where she admits she's enjoying her stay with the party.

She could be condescending/lying but they seemed genuine due to how she was voiced at those moments.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

25 by trinitroglycerin »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jan 12, 2016

389 by JLDAVYD_ofc »»
May 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

416 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2016

219 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 27, 3:11 AM

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

16 by Normie_X-2 »»
Apr 18, 10:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.