Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2016 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
DeathProxy said:
Sup!
I need a good anime adapted from a novel, light novel or video game
No Romances please. Thanks!

What about Persona - adapted from game? Or Heidi - adapted from novel? Or any Monogatari - adapted from light novel?
Feb 2, 2016 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
DeathProxy said:
Sup!

Uchouten Kazoku is adapted from a novel. Story is aces and there is no romance. Amagi Brilliant Park is decent and from a light novel, if you want a comedy. I think it might have a tiny bit of ecchi though if I remember correctly.
Feb 2, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2013
Does No Game No Life count as an anime with a genius MC?
Feb 2, 2016 2:57 PM

Jan 2012
What about the series, which have more than 1 season?
Can i use both seasons or only one from "universe"?
I mean, i watched Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon a few weeks ago. Today i finished second season, can i use both of them?
Feb 2, 2016 3:02 PM

Oct 2014
Jokobo said:
What about the series, which have more than 1 season?
Can i use both seasons or only one from "universe"?
I mean, i watched Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon a few weeks ago. Today i finished second season, can i use both of them?
As long as they are listed as separate anime they can each be used for different challenges.
Feb 2, 2016 3:35 PM

Mar 2013
simon443 said:
Does No Game No Life count as an anime with a genius MC?

Definitely. I don't recall if it was explicitely stated that Sora was a genius but it definitely was stated that shiro was indeed a genius. Also lolicon probably counts as an archetype. I think "NEET" also counts as an archetype. I think every character on listed as a main character in that show is some kind of archetype
Feb 2, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2008
"Watch an anime with a cast of adults" or whatever it is. Does a series with UNI students count as adults?
Feb 2, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2014
Rojo said:
"Watch an anime with a cast of adults" or whatever it is. Does a series with UNI students count as adults?
In Japan the age of majority is 20. Universities tend to have people around that age so it would count.
Feb 2, 2016 4:32 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@OneGuy yes, that one is okay
@yhunata if for you that's long enough then it's fine
@momokusheila as long as you update your list, yes.........

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 2, 2016 4:46 PM

Dec 2015
Any Anime with a score of 7 or below that anyone would like to recommend to me Please? Thanks.
HelloimtrashFeb 2, 2016 7:21 PM
Feb 2, 2016 8:35 PM

Mar 2013
TheRedRipper said:
Any Anime with a score of 7 or below that anyone would like to recommend to me Please? Thanks.

Concrete revolutio
Ranpo Kitan: game of laplace
Feb 3, 2016 3:06 AM

Apr 2011
DeathProxy said:
Sup!

I would recommend Gungrave, Shiki or Baccano!. Three of my favorites and they all fit that category.

TheRedRipper said:

Hen Zemi (TV)
Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!!
Gilgamesh
Innocent Venus
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane
Majimoji Rurumo

They're either ok/good but not great or just my taste, but here are some recommendations.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me for:
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Feb 3, 2016 6:11 AM

May 2009
Hey everyone! I need a recommendation for:

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant:

I ask that it be a TV anime that has finished airing, and be between 1 - 2 cours long. Preferably something you'd think I'd enjoy based off my list.
Feb 3, 2016 8:17 AM

Dec 2013
SunflowerDaisho said:
Hey everyone! I need a recommendation for:

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant:

I ask that it be a TV anime that has finished airing, and be between 1 - 2 cours long. Preferably something you'd think I'd enjoy based off my list.

Some candidates:

Steins;Gate (Like, really? You've not seen it. Really? Dude)
Hibike! Euphonium
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge♥
Working!!
Feb 3, 2016 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
KMH said:

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Aoharu x Kikanjuu
Chihayafuru
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Hanasaku Iroha
Feb 3, 2016 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
wiedzminek said:
I have troubles with "Watch an anime with children as the main cast". I read all the posts in this topic and I still haven't found proper series. Only Gakuen Alice seems right, but I've already watched it.

Maybe Kyou no Go no Ni (2008) counts? I'm confused about " This anime goes around the normal lives of some elementary school (5th grade, 2nd class room) kids and their adventures, while turning to teens." How old are they at the end of the series? Can someone who watched it tell me if it counts?

+ Any other ideas? I'm not interested in OVA's and Movies.
If you still looking for something I would like to recommend Taiyou no Ko Esteban, more commonly known as "The Mysterious Cities of Gold". I watched it when I was a kid and plan to watch it again for this challenge.
Feb 3, 2016 10:34 AM

Sep 2014
KMH said:

» Watch an anime with children as the main cast

For children, Dennou Coil

For a recommendation, based on your PTW list, I would go with Colorful (movie) or Non Non Biyori.
Feb 4, 2016 7:15 AM

Jun 2014
Hi, Can anyone recommend me any anime for the recommended anime challenge?
Any Genre will do. And What's the random word generator?

Much Obliged
Feb 4, 2016 7:24 AM

May 2010
» Watch an anime series that you can finish in one day

I have a question about "series" part. Does it mean entry must be TV series or anything as long as it has at least 2 episodes?
Feb 4, 2016 7:42 AM

Apr 2015
AssassinWolfXE said:
Hi, Can anyone recommend me any anime for the recommended anime challenge?
Any Genre will do. And What's the random word generator?

Much Obliged

Chihayafuru
Cowboy Bebop
Ouran Koukou Host Club

The random word generator
Feb 4, 2016 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
Not to beat a dead horse so soon, but I too would like a recommendation for the user recommendation challenge. Preferably a TV series between 12-26 episodes long. It can be on or off my PTW and I'm not too picky from there.
Feb 4, 2016 11:16 AM

Sep 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
Not to beat a dead horse so soon, but I too would like a recommendation for the user recommendation challenge. Preferably a TV series between 12-26 episodes long. It can be on or off my PTW and I'm not too picky from there.

I recommend Kaiji to you.
It looks like you would enjoy a smart anime like that :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2016 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
shadowchild23 said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Not going to lie, I've been avoiding that show like the plague because of the art but I'll be sure to give it a go. Thanks.
Feb 4, 2016 3:41 PM

Sep 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
shadowchild23 said:

Not going to lie, I've been avoiding that show like the plague because of the art but I'll be sure to give it a go. Thanks.

ahahah Same for me before I watched it.
I avoided Kaiji for about 1 month (dat nose though lol) and my only regret is that I should have watched it sooner :)
The artstyle was quite "unique", yes, but it eventually became appealing to me as, in my view, it expresses pretty well the rollercoaster of emotions that is gambling. At the end, I wouldn't like it in any other way...

So if you like psychological animes... Give it a shot ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2016 5:48 PM

Oct 2014
Kuroi-sama said:
» Watch an anime series that you can finish in one day

I have a question about "series" part. Does it mean entry must be TV series or anything as long as it has at least 2 episodes?
The minimum length for a TV series is three episodes so I believe that would be the requirement of the challenge. I don't believe movies like 5cm/s would count as they weren't aired as series. TV, special, OVA, and ONA can all work. Go! Go! 575 is the shortest TV series I've seen at only 12 minutes long (4 episodes, 3 minutes each).
Feb 4, 2016 6:46 PM

Aug 2013
Because of my signature, am I allowed.

If yes then:

1) Can I list down all anime that fit the requirement
2) Stockpile all the necessary series
3) Watch them as fast as possible

Probably small gap between finishing list (or declaring im joining) and finishing watching it.

If no, then I will just fulfill the requirement and watching it for completionist sake. (hoping for 1k anime this year lol)
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Feb 5, 2016 3:23 AM
Dec 2013
Need some recs for these:
Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Feb 5, 2016 4:16 AM

Oct 2008
tdwk said:
Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members

Change!! Getter Robo: Sekai Saigo no Hi
Chello Hiki no Gauche
Hakaba Kitarou
Tetsuko no Tabi

Feb 5, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2015
tdwk said:
Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field

Himitsu: The Revelation
Ergo Proxy
Steins;Gate (Kurisu Makise : scientist )

tdwk said:
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Mirai Nikki (TV)
Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi.
Lovely★Complex
Feb 5, 2016 11:51 AM

May 2012
virtual_core said:
@wiedzminek
I'm using Dennou Coil for "Watch an anime with children as the main cast", the main cast looks like childrens and the other name of this series is Coil - A Circle of Children, so I think it counts
mozgow said:
wiedzminek said:
I have troubles with "Watch an anime with children as the main cast". I read all the posts in this topic and I still haven't found proper series. Only Gakuen Alice seems right, but I've already watched it.

Maybe Kyou no Go no Ni (2008) counts? I'm confused about " This anime goes around the normal lives of some elementary school (5th grade, 2nd class room) kids and their adventures, while turning to teens." How old are they at the end of the series? Can someone who watched it tell me if it counts?

+ Any other ideas? I'm not interested in OVA's and Movies.
If you still looking for something I would like to recommend Taiyou no Ko Esteban, more commonly known as "The Mysterious Cities of Gold". I watched it when I was a kid and plan to watch it again for this challenge.

Thanks for help, I'll think about it ;)
Feb 5, 2016 2:44 PM

Jul 2011
Well, i need something for the recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant one, so can someone give me an one-cour anime that isn't a harem, ecchi, hentai, yaoi, yuri, shounen ai or shoujo ai?
Feb 5, 2016 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
Praland said:
Well, i need something for the recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant one, so can someone give me an one-cour anime that isn't a harem, ecchi, hentai, yaoi, yuri, shounen ai or shoujo ai?

I really liked Uchouten Kazoku....
Feb 5, 2016 3:51 PM

Jul 2014
Praland said:

How about Golden Time or Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii?
Feb 5, 2016 8:29 PM

Dec 2014
I have some questions, and would like some recommendations for some of the categories if possible.

1. In the bonus challenges, would Noblesse: Awakening count as a Korean anime, as it is an adaptation of a Korean manhwa? Or would the fact that it is done by a Japanese studio disqualify it? I'm guessing the latter, but seeing as I'm going to be watching it no matter what, it would be nice if it fulfills one of my categories.
2. Can anime you watched for the main challenges count towards the bonus challenges? For example, I finished Anitore! EX, Akame ga Kill! Theater, and Jistu wa Watashi wa all within a day (each series on a different day, just to be clear). Would one of these count for that, or would I have to find something else to watch in a single day?
3. As far as I know, not having started the series, the ages of the characters in Bokurano are unknown. However, they are in middle school, and the MAL page for the anime refers to them as children. Would this count for the category that has "children as the main cast", or should I find something else?
4. I need recommendations for the following categories:
-an anime with a non-human main character
-an anime with a main character that is not Japanese
-an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
-an anime with a protagonist that shares your hair color (it's brown)

Here is a link to my signup post, just so I don't get recommendations for stuff I'm already planning to watch. I'm into a variety of things, but I'm not a fan of sports and car anime.

Feb 5, 2016 8:49 PM

Sep 2014
TwilightAmory said:
I have some questions, and would like some recommendations for some of the categories if possible.

1. In the bonus challenges, would Noblesse: Awakening count as a Korean anime, as it is an adaptation of a Korean manhwa? Or would the fact that it is done by a Japanese studio disqualify it? I'm guessing the latter, but seeing as I'm going to be watching it no matter what, it would be nice if it fulfills one of my categories.
2. Can anime you watched for the main challenges count towards the bonus challenges? For example, I finished Anitore! EX, Akame ga Kill! Theater, and Jistu wa Watashi wa all within a day (each series on a different day, just to be clear). Would one of these count for that, or would I have to find something else to watch in a single day?
3. As far as I know, not having started the series, the ages of the characters in Bokurano are unknown. However, they are in middle school, and the MAL page for the anime refers to them as children. Would this count for the category that has "children as the main cast", or should I find something else?

Here is a link to my signup post, just so I don't get recommendations for stuff I'm already planning to watch. I'm into a variety of things, but I'm not a fan of sports and car anime.

Don't know about #1

Each anime can only be used once, so can't be used for both the main challenge and the bonus ones. A 2nd season could be used if it is a different entry though.

The kids in Bokurano are in 7th grade, so around 12-13 years old.

For non human -try Wolf's Rain
For non Japanese- Try Baccano
I recommend you to watch Ouran High School Host Club
Brown hair can be Gankutsuou
Feb 5, 2016 9:12 PM

Nov 2015
vampire = non-human? what if a human changes mid-series?
Feb 5, 2016 9:26 PM

May 2011
Can I get a rec for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant?"
Feb 5, 2016 9:34 PM

Dec 2014
Korrailli said:

Don't know about #1

Each anime can only be used once, so can't be used for both the main challenge and the bonus ones. A 2nd season could be used if it is a different entry though.

The kids in Bokurano are in 7th grade, so around 12-13 years old.

For non human -try Wolf's Rain
For non Japanese- Try Baccano
I recommend you to watch Ouran High School Host Club
Brown hair can be Gankutsuou

Alright, guess I'll have to find something else to finish in a day, assuming I want to actually do the bonus challenges.

I've heard good things about Wolf's Rain, so I'll definitely check that out for the non human category. The same goes for Baccano, but I think I might use that for the top 300 anime instead, seeing as it's currently #72. I might check out Ouran High, but I have a few friends who talk about that series a lot, so I'm kinda sick of hearing about it. Gankutsuou seems interesting, I've honestly never heard of it, but it seems popular. Thank you for the recommendations!

Feb 5, 2016 9:46 PM

Jul 2013
Shukkets said:
Can I get a rec for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant?"

Mirai Shounen Conan
Majokko Shimai no Yoyo to Nene
Memories
Feb 5, 2016 10:08 PM

Oct 2014

any recommendations? prefer it to be less than 14 ep
Feb 5, 2016 10:52 PM

Mar 2013
TwilightAmory said:

1. the latter
2. No
3. They count as children cause they are mostly 12 and under
4. A. Uchouten Kazoku
B. Black Lagoon
C.Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku
D. Samurai Flamenco
Feb 5, 2016 10:54 PM

Oct 2014
Propasy said:

Usagi Drop (11 episodes). It's about a man raising a young girl who is his aunt due to messed up generations. The lolicon from the manga is not present in the anime.
Feb 5, 2016 10:59 PM

Oct 2014
TwilightAmory said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/32566/Noblesse__Pamyeol-ui_Sijak is an adaption of the same manhwa and it is made by a Korean studio.
Feb 5, 2016 11:13 PM

Mar 2013
Propasy said:

Barakamon
Uchouten Kazoku
Feb 5, 2016 11:31 PM

Sep 2007
Hey guys, I would appreciate a recommendation from a fellow challenger :)
26 episode count (or lower) would be my only preference. I'm open to all genres!
Feb 5, 2016 11:36 PM

Jan 2013
penguinparade said:
vampire = non-human? what if a human changes mid-series?
I kinda asked about this before, it was better to pick another one for the criteria, one where the main character is non-human from the beginning.
Feb 5, 2016 11:48 PM

Mar 2013
Julianna said:
26 episode count (or lower) would be my only preference. I'm open to all genres!

You've watched a whole ton of shows but I think this was the highest rated thing on my list you hadn't seen: Ping Pong: The Animation
Feb 5, 2016 11:51 PM

Sep 2007
AudioTsunami said:
Julianna said:

You've watched a whole ton of shows but I think this was the highest rated thing on my list you hadn't seen: Ping Pong: The Animation

I will take that :) its actually something I've had on my mind to watch! Thanks!
Feb 6, 2016 12:45 AM

Dec 2014
AudioTsunami said:

1. the latter
2. No
3. They count as children cause they are mostly 12 and under
4. A. Uchouten Kazoku
B. Black Lagoon
C.Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku
D. Samurai Flamenco

Thank you for answering my questions; I guess I will need to find other anime to watch to fulfill those criteria. Thankfully, they're bonus challenges, so I have plenty of time to find something that will fit those. I'm glad Bokurano counts for that, because I'm really looking forward to that one.
As for the recommendations, thank you! I don't really think I'd enjoy Uchouten Kazoku, but Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku looks really good. Black Lagoon and Samurai Flamenco look good too, so I'll take them into consideration.

zombie_pegasus said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/32566/Noblesse__Pamyeol-ui_Sijak is an adaption of the same manhwa and it is made by a Korean studio.

I'll probably check that out if I enjoy Awakening then. Thank you for letting me know!

Feb 6, 2016 12:49 AM

Dec 2013
» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast

-> Can I use Nanatsu no Taizai for this? Dunno how old the pig or Elizabeth is, but the others are clearly adults?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

732 by Koustubh »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you sacrifice your favorite anime in exchange for that your waifu will become real?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

13 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 26

98 by lalabella »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 9 hours ago

33 by Piromysl »»
10 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

141 by Cestlavie_ »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.