Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Feb 5, 2017 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
to EMORIN and I quote this from Ami.. "Shut up"
Feb 19, 2017 2:02 PM
Dec 2016
Honestly I was rooting for Minori :P
The obvious pairing was not of my complete liking... And I just had to root for Minori since the ghost talk... Man she's so cute. I hope it could have ended differently :P

Anyways, the whole series is fucking awesome, despite it finishing in a way I didn't really want it to go. Kitamura's little rebel arc was also one of my favorite moments, as well as one of the most unfulfilling...
Will have to see what that last chapter's about.
May 9, 2017 12:08 PM

Feb 2013
Ryuuji, I hate you for saying those words to your own mother, you suck.
May 23, 2017 3:49 AM

Apr 2017
Looks like I'm not the only one who reacted to what Ryuuji said to his mother. He acted like the worst brat ever and I felt like slapping the shit out of him.

WTF were the writers thinking here? "Let's make the male MC a dislikeable brat"? ?!?

Was starting to root for Minorin as well, because of how kind and unselfish she is. But the series is too predictable that way, Taiga and Ryuuji was obviously always meant to happen.

Honestly this episode felt like the worst one so far...
Zoldra0May 23, 2017 3:56 AM
Jun 28, 2017 7:41 AM

Dec 2016
linx_sr said:
I Hated it , i was hoping it would end more like Ryuuji and Minori , god is my witness I'm not watching the last episode....

same thing here, i really hoped Ryuuji and Minori be together .
wtf she deserves better :(
Jun 28, 2017 8:02 AM

May 2017
I dunno, I didn't like Minori in the beginning, too happy and hyper to the point of annoying. I felt bad for her in the end, and she deserved better than what she got, but I always wanted Ryuugi and Tiaga. I guess I'm pretty easy for the writers to manipulate.

The end was weird and felt rushed. Alot of things happened unnaturally and out of the blue. They probably needed about 3 more episodes to wrap this up in a better way than they did.

I really do hate the way it ended though, I would have enjoyed more time with Ryuugi and Tiaga after all their trials to see them in a more relaxed and complete state.

Oct 17, 2017 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, what an episode! And there is only one more left. I felt really bad for Yasu, she truly cares for both Ryugi and Taiga, hopefully it'll end well for them all. Off to the finale!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 18, 2017 1:00 AM

Sep 2012
HumbertoZero said:

Wait what? Getting married?? wtf is this? Come on Ryuuji...just a couple hours ago you didn't even acknowledged that you liked her.

it doesn't matter cause they were in love for each other for a long time despite not realizing it u don't get human emotions at ll :)
Oct 18, 2017 1:05 AM

Sep 2012
Ulquiorra said:
Ryuuji, I hate you for saying those words to your own mother, you suck.

zodd0 said:
Looks like I'm not the only one who reacted to what Ryuuji said to his mother. He acted like the worst brat ever and I felt like slapping the shit out of him.

WTF were the writers thinking here? "Let's make the male MC a dislikeable brat"? ?!?

Was starting to root for Minorin as well, because of how kind and unselfish she is. But the series is too predictable that way, Taiga and Ryuuji was obviously always meant to happen.

Honestly this episode felt like the worst one so far...

well she kind of deserved it cause she was acting dumb over working & stuff so i get why he was mad at her

if he would have let it slide, if he would have ignored her mothers stupidity (thinking she can handle it alone) then i would have called him heartless bastard, letting her over work with no care at all, its almost as good as letting ur mother commit suicide front of ur eyes
Sugram22Oct 18, 2017 1:16 AM
Nov 23, 2017 10:43 AM

May 2016
Are they trying to teach teenagers to run away with their girlfriend wtf.
Nov 27, 2017 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
Ami and Minori are definitely my two favorites from this show, so I'm glad they are close now.
Feb 12, 2018 1:06 PM

Sep 2017
The Ryuuji and Taiga sections were quite rushed and lacked the emotion of their realisation moments from previous episodes. Minori and Ami had some much needed focus though. It does seem at the moment like Minori has just lost a whole lot - her best friend, her crush, and apparently her savings. But I totally believe what she said about having a goal and being so determined to pursue it. So whatever she felt in that moment is unlikely to last long and will probably be very unimportant to her in the future. Also I'm pretty sure she's going to get her savings and friendship with Taiga back

Ami's main interest has always seemed to be having someone else besides Kitamura who accepts her for who she is. Ryuuji was able to do that, and never really reacted much to her BS, also Ami and Taiga seemed to understand each other quite well after a while. So getting closer with Minori is definitely a good thing for her, because they've both seen each other at their worst and have no need to put on any kind of act for each other. Also Ami's comments about being too young to get philosophical were quite significant, seems like she was saying for herself and Minori at least, this was just some high school relationship drama that doesn't need to be a big deal, and they should stop being so serious about everything now it's had some kind of resolution

Anyways, fully expecting the MC's to be back at home by the end of the next episode. Can't have a high school based drama without some kind of graduation stuffs in at the end
Feb 18, 2018 7:48 AM
Dec 2017
they don't know how to fix their problem so they running away!! that a foolish decision they taka
Mar 16, 2018 1:01 PM

Feb 2018
Wow such a terrible episode, hated it from start to finish. The beginning with Minorin felt so cheesy and out of place, the confession scene was done terribly and eloping? Seriously? Hopefully they will fix it in the last episode, really liked this show until now.
Aug 22, 2018 1:55 PM
Dec 2017
i feel like ryuji was too hard on his mom she was just trying her best to make his son life better and even fainted while working which shows her giant commitment to the situation
Aug 22, 2018 1:59 PM
Dec 2017
ryuji was so stupid you should never treat your own mother like that!
Sep 18, 2018 7:08 PM
Sep 2018
otakujitsu13 said:

yeah, i hated that part! everything asbout ryuji in this episode is dope except for when he is a dick to his mom
Nov 28, 2018 10:10 PM
May 2013
yeah guys let's keep the MC an impossible saint, the ideal son who accepts his mom's every wish. surely a 17 year old brat about to run the fuck away and marry would make a sane judgment at that time...

the humanity of the characters, their fallibility and recklessness are half of what makes this show so special and y'all wanted none of that right at the climax of the entire fucking story? this show would be 100 times less popular if any of you were the screenwriters lol
Jan 4, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2015
Taiga: Hey Ryuuji, since we're eloping, I got you an adult-type snack.

Ryuuji: Taiga, why are you spreading your legs?

Taiga: ;)
CatSoulJan 4, 2019 11:13 AM
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 9, 2019 9:09 PM
Jul 2018
this was SO rushed omg.
May 15, 2019 3:46 AM

Aug 2017
Hmmm, this episode feels like an ending lol.

Anyway, I think that it's Minori fault. Worst character and plot device in the entire show.

lol Yacchan abandoned his son.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 3, 2019 2:00 AM

Sep 2012
CrazyRomance said:
The asura face making his beautiful mommy cry wass so baddd and the relationship between him and taiga seemed too forced and sudden..basically japanese act like this in their relationships? No romance at all..it reminded me nagisa x tomoya who they didnt even kiss and out of the sudden "hey pappa im pregnant"

about nagisa and tomoya they were shy as f, u just dont get romance of the extreme shy

about ryu and taiga it was not forced at all, but they were forced to face the truth by their friends, they were in denial before

HumbertoZero said:

Minorin acting all happy for Ryuuji, even after she confessed, and encouraging him to go for Taiga was so over dramatic... but oh well, it could have seen coming from miles.

Ryuuji saying those words to his mother... that was both painful to watch and unnecessary. I mean unnecessary because why did they put that scene to begin with? Anyway, that was harsh... it was like a bullet to the heard... poor Yasu.

Wait what? Getting married?? wtf is this? Come on Ryuuji...just a couple hours ago you didn't even acknowledged that you liked her.

They plan to run away.... *sighs*... run. away. *facepalm* This is like some adolescent melodrama tv show or something xD

Oh god Minori is crying, finally! She behaves like a human with feelings! This is good actually... it's the most natural reaction I've seen in these last episodes.

Why can't I be happy for them? I mean, the anime is good, it entertained me, made me laugh, think, but... this? I don't know maaan... it's to.... fuck, I'll say it. EDGY!

I don't know why this episode left me with such a bad taste...I don't know if I have any hidden frustration or hate against young stupid couples but this episode... I really disliked it.

well yatsu neede to hear the truth, awry thing he said to yatsu wad the truth, she is selfish, she never considered how he feels about taking huge burden on herself so he could go to collage so mush guilt that at times he wishes that he was never born

he did acknowledged that he loves her (pay more attention) he just decided to live it like it is cause taiga pretended that what she ssid on skee tripp never happened so he decided to do the same

otakujitsu13 said:

LargeRambo said:
otakujitsu13 said:

yeah, i hated that part! everything asbout ryuji in this episode is dope except for when he is a dick to his mom

well yatsu neede to hear the truth, awry thing he said to yatsu wad the truth, she is selfish, she never considered how he feels about taking huge burden on herself so he could go to collage so mush guilt that at times he wishes that he was never born
Sugram22Jun 3, 2019 2:26 AM
Jun 19, 2019 8:31 PM
Apr 2019
I felt like people missed the part between the Mom and Ryuji, I feel like the mom should get most of the flak because she is mad at Ryuji for getting a job and she works herself to the bone.

But it also seems like the Mom is projecting her anger on Ryuji, I wish the anime went about Yacchan life a bit more to make us understand, but Ryuji explained it somewhat well enough, Ya-Chan is young and made some mistakes

As for this episode in general, it was hella rushed.

I complained about this is earlier episodes as I knew something like this was bound to happen, every episode in my opinion before 23 was useless filler that was filled with predictable non sense, and now since they are not using the non sense, they are filling 23+ with actual good content that changes the story but they also have to rush and fill in as many scenes as possible and trying to make us digest all of that.

Like 7 minutes passed before the intro? Yesh.

Jun 24, 2019 7:38 PM
Dec 2017
LargeRambo said:
otakujitsu13 said:

I'm happy to see that someone quoted my comment I really don't remember the story anymore because I watched some months ago😅
Jul 3, 2019 12:50 AM

Nov 2017
The show didn't go with the pairing I wanted it to go with, hence I declare it terrible and an enemy of mine.

Aug 3, 2019 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
While I don't necessarily disagree with Taiga and Ryuuji being a couple, and liked the way it ended, I don't like the majority of it. My main problem is the Taiga-Ryuuji couple goes from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds flat. The reason why they decide to so "no holes barred" is because they really have no where to go due to the stresses with their respective parents.

With Taiga's mother I can understand that friction but the dialogue between Ryuuji and his mother felt forced and completely out of character. We hadn't seen any kind of resentment or shame towards his mother beforehand. In fact the lengths Ryuuji goes to throughout the series to help take care of his mother shows just how much he loves her. In the backstory (is there a manga?) he may not agree with her employment (which isn't exactly shown explicitly, but it appears she is some kind of 18+ dancer/announcer), but I don't recall him ever expressing these kinds of feelings towards her. I'd also add that the argument also didn't seem to get heated to the point of anything and everything being said out of spite.

So yeah, overall Ryuuji connecting with his grandparents I think redeemed it in the end, but it seemed to me like an unnecessary move in the plot at least in the more permanent sense. I think I'd prefer to have seen a more dumbed down fight between the kids and parents and for them to retreat to his grandparents for the March break (not sure if they have that though).
Dec 3, 2019 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
Oh come on... did they really just give me that crap that Minorin actually likes Ryuuji? Did she give him to Taiga out of pity or what? Because she surely could have had him at any time she wanted. What a shitty friend, she's even worse than I thought. Ryuuji sucks as well for the shit he pulled with his mum there...
Jan 17, 2020 6:40 AM

Feb 2019
I didn't really like this episode. One of the biggest reasons was that I didn't like the Ryuuji x Taiga pairing, especially how it was brought about. It makes no sense for me for Minorin and Ami to go around not acting on their feelings, and Minoring acting AGAINST her feelings because of some misguided belief that that was the right thing to do. Ryuuji and Taiga were by no means an official couple, and Minorin basically sort of forced Ryuuji and Taiga to end up together without considering Ryuuji's feelings. What I'm trying to say is, it feels like Ryuuji's own feelings weren't taken into account, especially early in the arc.

And I really dislike where this is headed. First, that bit where Ryuuji just went all out on Ya-chan. I couldn't sympathise with Ryuuji there at all. After all, Ya-chan just wants a better life for Ryuuji, better than the one she had. I don't feel like it's completely Ya-chan trying to force her own failures on him, but more than she has regrets about her life that she hopes Ryuuji won't face, and Ryuuji can't seem to understand that. I really hated Ryuuji there, because Ya-chan didn't deserve it. Second, the whole eloping thing. Running away? Everything seems like such a rash decision. Even if Ryuuji and Taiga are now in love, suddenly throwing everything away to get married seems ridiculous.

The closer we get to the ending, the less I like this series. I hope the ending is at least decent.
Jun 29, 2020 2:50 AM
Feb 2020
*Taiga pushes Ryuji into the river*
*Golden Time OP plays*
Aug 20, 2020 9:45 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, that was a meaninglessly and ridiculously rushed turn of events. Why the hell would Ryuuji instantly decide to elope just because he had a brief trivial fight with his mother? And judging from what we have seen of her, she'd probably break down without her son around, he should have known better.
Aug 20, 2020 11:11 PM
Mar 2019
Everything that happens from the christmas arc onwards is just so incredibly stupid. What a letdown of an anime.
Aug 21, 2020 6:00 AM

Jun 2020
OMG that's a painful trip by Minori but she got up at light speed. Annnd, that's a pretty long intro.

Enjoyed the little moments and jokes they put in to release some tension between Taiga and Ryuji.
Running away isn't a good idea, so I'm happy that Ryuji shows a new way of doing (betrayed) to Taiga in the end :D.

I didn't felt overwhelmed by how fast the storyline is moving in this episode.
So the last episode is about Taiga dealing with her mom? Do not expect Yasuko to appear in the last one. I hope they return back to school.
cianxanAug 21, 2020 6:06 AM
Oct 12, 2020 1:53 PM

Jul 2016
Holy shit they're so stupid
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Oct 19, 2020 12:28 AM
Jun 2014
SRocchi said:
Everything that happens from the christmas arc onwards is just so incredibly stupid. What a letdown of an anime.

Agreed

HitSquare said:
Holy shit they're so stupid

Also agreed

I have a feeling the last episode is going to be even more insane
Oct 23, 2020 1:29 PM

Feb 2020
"Crying is a nosebleed from the heart." I don't know if that's poetic or stupid. Either way, I'm stealing it.

For the rest, though... WHAT. IS. GOING. ON.
This is going wayyyyyyyyyy too fast, and absolute nonsense is happening. I don't even know what to say other than that.
Oh yes, one thing : I actually kinda misunderstood what Minori meant about not depending on anyone when it comes to happiness. She just meant that people don't have to let others decide for them what's best for them, which I agree with (though this show is very hypocrite on that level). But is letting her friend run away really the best thing to do ? I mean, if Taiga told her she wanted to jump from the window, would have she actually let her do so because that's what she wants ? That's quite a twisted logic. And the worst thing is that Kitamura and Ami (who's still best girl despite this issue) actually agree ?! This show has such weird morals...
Another thing : why is Minori always reverting back to her silly facade ? Why is the show allowing that to happen ? She should stop that by now, it's not healthy for her and she knows it, and the show does too.
Oh, and one last little thing : I didn't know a show could be both incredibly naive and incredibly mean-spirited. But apparently, it can.
FafetteOct 23, 2020 1:33 PM
Jan 18, 2021 8:16 AM

Nov 2018
What the fuck? My opinion on this anime turns 180 degrees again , can you just keep it the same without so much drama and stupidity?
I hate everyone equally
Jan 18, 2021 8:27 AM

Nov 2018
I guess I return my opinion that this anime is a low quality cheap soap opera.
Some characters turned out pretty good , but that's it.
I hate everyone equally
Jan 21, 2021 9:11 AM

Mar 2019
niwasatou said:
This episode made me want to ship Minorin and Amin.

Almost 12 years later and I thought the same thing
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 27, 2021 2:56 PM
Jan 2021
That anime at the ending made me cry
Mar 9, 2021 7:19 PM
Jan 2020
Finale is going to be great
Mar 11, 2021 5:33 PM
Feb 2021
when ryuji said something like if i were never born my moms life wouldve been better i felt that
Mar 21, 2021 2:14 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!! Pog, I can’t wait until the last episode.
Jun 2, 2021 7:42 PM

Jan 2016
Wow I did not like this episode at all. What a letdown. How is everyone except Ami so damn immature. Makes no sense to runaway over something that can be talked over with again. Guess it’s why Takasu says even when he’s 18 he’s not an adult cus he knows it wasn’t a grownup thing. I seriously hope next episode has an apology and make up part and a good ending.
RithicJun 2, 2021 7:59 PM

Jun 30, 2021 8:27 AM

Jun 2020
Right from the start, you can feel the tension and drama between the two's hardships

Their conversation on the bridge was cute, Taiga despite telling Ryuuji not to disregard his life just pushed him off the bridge lol she just instantly disregarded that line and she jumped off herself

And they decided to run away on their own to Ryuuji's grandparents' house and him actually introducing Taiga as his wife was cute.

May 6, 2022 9:46 PM

Oct 2020
I was looking forward to the eventual emotional outburst episode, but this felt really rushed?

I guess it made sense that they were making all these decisions so quickly since they're nervous kids, but I was hoping for more development?
They didn't even confess and they're ready to run away and get married?
I mean you could make the argument that they both already know how the other feels, but it feels sort of off considering that Ryu didn't really have a moment for him to really develop his feelings-- Minori was just like "I'm not letting myself get with you because I'm weird and I wanna distract myself from feelings" and he's like "Oh okay then yeah ig I'll go with Taiga"
May 7, 2022 7:43 PM
Jul 2021
Didn't anybody notice minorin's indirect kiss? You know,the scene from the nosebleed she fist bump'd on Ryuuji's lips ≧∇≦..god I feel sorry for her
May 25, 2022 12:06 PM
Nov 2020
I feel so bad for ya-chan. Ryuuji is a fucking idiot. I never liked this takasu x taiga pairing although it was known from the very first episode. Damn, my liking for this show went downward along with time.

Edit : I take back everything I said.
ShambaCMay 26, 2022 5:53 AM
Oct 13, 2022 6:31 PM

Mar 2010
Running away or getting away is fun but it doesn't really do much. But damn this whole living with grandparents reminded me of them incest pronz lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 26, 2022 2:42 PM
Aug 2022
TOXICIDAD A FULL, no recomendado
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.