3It was OK
9.9%
2Disliked it
2.4%
1Hated it
2.7%
Average 4.5
709 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2014 10:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Adorable OP song and characters. One major kiss spotted already <3 how sweet. Actually multiple times. Wow. This is definitely what I had expected somewhat. :o

Some of the artwork was okay I guess.

http://imgur.com/aVwP8d4
ED song is cute :3
Stark700Jan 9, 2014 10:52 AM
Jan 9, 2014 11:23 AM

Nov 2008
My heart is now mush, all that sweet yuri kissing from the OP to the Ending itself, very nice allusion with the other females in the cast kissing because as a shipper I don't mind a entire cast coupling happening in-universe. Not only is this anime super heart melting and diabetes inducing it's really silly. The Opening is one of the best I heard for so far this season with a very catchy and perfectly themed ED. The entire cast is fun, sweet, and enjoyable.

9.5/10

Jan 9, 2014 12:06 PM

Sep 2011
To be honest, I didn't expect that.
Jan 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2013
Tyrel said:
To be honest, I didn't expect that.

In a positive or negative way?
Jan 9, 2014 12:31 PM
Aug 2012
welps i think i just fangirled to oblivion I AM WATCHING IT AGAIN WHEN ITS SUBBED <3 ._. they kissed 4 times ROFL just like the manga ROFL
Jan 9, 2014 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
Ruben_Jb said:
Jeez, who is subbing this one? Can't wait.

Kaylith is, this deserves all the attention it can get, because all true yuri fans should watch this. Sentai needs to go ahead and license this.

Jan 9, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
Hoppy said:
Ruben_Jb said:

Kaylith is, this deserves all the attention it can get, because all true yuri fans should watch this. Sentai needs to go ahead and license this.

Ah, I see. Thanks. Any hints it will be subbed before midnight (it is 21:50 here atm)? Are they generally fast with subs? Hope so, I hyped myself today lol.
Jan 9, 2014 1:01 PM

Nov 2008
Ruben_Jb said:
Hoppy said:
Ruben_Jb said:

Ah, I see. Thanks. Any hints it will be subbed before midnight (it is 21:50 here atm)? Are they generally fast with subs? Hope so, I hyped myself today lol.

It should be subbed by the time you wake up the next morning.

Jan 9, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
Hoppy said:
Ruben_Jb said:
Hoppy said:
Ruben_Jb said:

It should be subbed by the time you wake up the next morning.

Well, fuck my evening then. Have to wake up at 6 in the morning and will be back from school at 7:30 in the evening ;_; Thanks though.
Jan 9, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
It was basically great. I loved this. Time went by so fast while I was watching this. I can't wait ”Another Sakura color” in the next episode.

My only concern is those quakes of breasts.
Did they really need that?
Hana-keiJan 9, 2014 1:30 PM
Jan 9, 2014 1:20 PM
May 2010
wow deen really can do good animation... i really love this anime so far <3
Jan 9, 2014 2:20 PM

May 2013
Chikasole said:
wow deen really can do good animation...
You're joking, right? Aside from the kisses.
Jan 9, 2014 2:30 PM

Mar 2012
Hana-kei said:
It was basically great. I loved this. Time went by so fast while I was watching this. I can't wait ”Another Sakura color” in the next episode.

This. And those legs. I can't remember where I saw someone posting this being a hentai but with kissing and jokes instead of schlicking and slurping. With that much of kissing, this could be a drinking game. Still it's nice. I'm hungry for yuri. And I hope to see more of Shizuku.
Jan 9, 2014 2:37 PM
Sep 2011
Mizusi said:
Chikasole said:
wow deen really can do good animation...
You're joking, right? Aside from the kisses.

If this isn't well animated I don't know what is: http://i.imgur.com/6LgHuq1.gif (animated by Yasuyuki Ebara apparently). Though I can see where you're coming from since this show is channeling the Hidamari Sketch-like minimalistic style which isn't too surprising since some staff members are carrying over from that show.

Seems like quite a few people have emigrated from Studio Shaft to DEEN as seen from Sankarea or Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen.
Jan 9, 2014 2:48 PM

May 2013
Eudaimonia said:
If this isn't well animated I don't know what is: http://i.imgur.com/6LgHuq1.gif (animated by Yasuyuki Ebara apparently). Though I can see where you're coming from since this show is channeling the Hidamari Sketch-like minimalistic style which isn't too surprising since some staff members are carrying over from that show.

Seems like quite a few people have emigrated from Studio Shaft to DEEN as seen from Sankarea or Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen.
It's like your average first episode of every anime ever, which are usually better animated in comparison with the rest of the other episodes. The animation wasn't bad at all, but let's not exaggerate and claim it's "good" when it was "fine" at best. The kisses though, damn, they were perfect.

It has Hidamari vibes because there's someone from Hidamari's staff working on this as well. But I said that about the animation in the first place because of scenes like the one at 10:18mins, where Haruka is running at 2 frames per minute.

I've never seen Sankarea. Rozen Maiden from DEEN was better than I thought but I still prefer the first ones.
Jan 9, 2014 3:03 PM

Oct 2007
Wonderful show. Amazing episode. Absolutely breath-taking opening sequence. I was waiting for this kind of anime since forever. My dreams came true. I'm so happy.
Jan 9, 2014 3:06 PM

Dec 2006
The simple fact that this is 24min long is a bless, since pupa is only 5 min (apparently it is not only produced by studio DEEN but...)

I was really looking forward to this and I'm not disappointed at all!.I was able to watch it Raw and understand every word since it was really faithful to the manga. They even look cuter than in the manga (I like the pastel colors).

Can't wait for the next episode.! I wonder if it will be 12/13 or even 24 episodes long!

Hana-kei said:

I know right?, they made very noticeable haruka's and kotone's PLOT xD
Jan 9, 2014 3:16 PM
Sep 2011
Mizusi said:
Eudaimonia said:

It's like your average first episode of every anime ever, which are usually better animated in comparison with the rest of the other episodes. The animation wasn't bad at all, but let's not exaggerate and claim it's "good" when it was "fine" at best. The kisses though, damn, they were perfect.

It has Hidamari vibes because there's someone from Hidamari's staff working on this as well. But I said that about the animation in the first place because of scenes like the one at 10:18mins, where Haruka is running at 2 frames per minute.

I've never seen Sankarea. Rozen Maiden from DEEN was better than I thought but I still prefer the first ones.

Oh, don't worry about that, I'm not claiming that it is at all since it can't hold a candle concerning animation to the likes of Bones and KyoAni consistency-wise this season.

My point is basicaly that Deen's out-put have been much more stylish and even artistic at some points recently with the most recent one being Meganebu which amount of animation was near to none but damn that art direction was wonderfully unique.
Jan 9, 2014 4:22 PM

Feb 2010
Too much fanservice...those random naked scene and cosplay scene in op/ed...
also, the control of the pace can be better.
still a cute and sweet episode , so many kiss scene :D
Jan 9, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
Didn't want to wait for the subs so I just opened the manga on another window while watching the anime :D

"Here it comes!" *holds breath* *kiss scene* WIN.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 9, 2014 5:04 PM

Jul 2008
Best anime of this season. I was right to watch this at the very end of the day after all those other animes...

Jan 9, 2014 5:50 PM
Jul 2013
Animation&art is freaking beautiful, love it, reminds me of Hidamari Sketch, but a bit cleaner.

Mmmmm I enjoyed this, :D
Jan 9, 2014 5:57 PM

Oct 2012
As the episode was being aired in Tokyo, Hiromi Igarashi (五十嵐 裕美) who is the
voice actress for Shizuku, the girl with red-and-white ribbons on her twintails,
tweeted, "It's not ecchi!"

五十嵐裕美 ‏@HiRoMi_ig 7h
エッチじゃないやいッ!!

If you believe that, then follow the rest of her tweets here:
https://twitter.com/HiRoMi_ig
as well as her personal blog:
http://ameblo.jp/yukinko-magic/
okanaganJan 9, 2014 6:09 PM
Jan 9, 2014 6:04 PM
Dec 2011
Glad we got yuri anime for a long time.Reading on other sites Sakura trick is really one of most hyped anime this season.Kisses in the op and kisses in the ed All the kisses. All the comedy. All the everything. This is glorious episode

http://i.imgur.com/C3sBEG9.gif
Suprise >>> Chu :D
aiueowaveJan 9, 2014 6:08 PM
Jan 9, 2014 6:13 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, all dat kissing in the OP and in the show itself.

The flip part was hilarious as hell.
Jan 9, 2014 6:13 PM

May 2013
Sinonis said:
Glad we got yuri anime for a long time.Reading on other sites Sakura trick is really one of most hyped anime this season.Kisses in the op and kisses in the ed All the kisses. All the comedy. All the everything. This is glorious episode

http://i.imgur.com/C3sBEG9.gif
Suprise >>> Chu :D
Wasn't it like 9th place in top 20? Anyway, cute gif.
Jan 9, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2011
omg so kawaii and very Yuru YURI (literally)
Jan 9, 2014 8:19 PM

Feb 2012
Where's the sub? I've been waiting for like 6 Hours now and nothing has been pooping out so far.
Jan 9, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2012
Sasuga DEEN, saving the anime industry one show at a time. I'm not sure how they even managed to top Pupa.

But seriously, this and ImoCho are my guilty pleasures of the season. Yuri is the purest form of love
Jan 9, 2014 10:59 PM
Mar 2012
Loved the manga, loving the anime. YURI FTW
Jan 9, 2014 11:10 PM

Jul 2008
Just skimmed the episode so far, but I didn't really care for the fanservice. I was hoping for something more like Aoi Hana, though I knew it wouldn't be as serious.
Jan 9, 2014 11:47 PM

Mar 2013
for those who wait... :D

[Mezashite] Sakura Trick - 01 [CE6A102E].mkv
Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2013
okanagan said:
voice actress for Shizuku, the girl with red-and-white ribbons on her twintails,

五十嵐裕美 ‏@HiRoMi_ig 7h
エッチじゃないやいッ!!

It's kind of ironic and funny coming from her. Can't help but chuckle. Brilliant VA though :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 9, 2014 11:56 PM

Jan 2011
This was great. Yuri aside. It was cute, innocent, and passionate. Well maybe not overly innocent. The edge was taken off by the comedy which I think makes the watch so much more enjoyable. Gives it a different feel then if it was straight drama.

The art was...bubbly...and colorful which fits this perfectly. I agree with a few others that the boob bounce was a little > > but all good.

First episode satisfied my hope for this to be good so I'm happy.

xchee said:

五十嵐裕美 ‏@HiRoMi_ig 7h
エッチじゃないやいッ!!

I concur with her based off the first episode. It was actually pretty tastefully done and I saw many a opportunity where it could of been what she is voicing it's not lol. She could of just said it's not TLR caliber lol.
IZEROIIJan 10, 2014 12:00 AM
Jan 10, 2014 12:06 AM

Aug 2010
Dat Yuri *A*...Definitely a keeper :D

The OP & ED are really good. All that yuri kissing!! My Heart >.< And the dance was nice. Love the pics in the ED.

Yuu x Haruka is just too much <3<3 They're just made for eachother :D So cute and adorable <3

All the kisses were so good and long :3 Especially loved the one on the veranda when she kissed her to shut her up and the one she said only for a second and lasted much more than that XD

They totally got addicted to kissing now hahaha

Haruka's jealousy is so lol too XD

The Veranda jumping scene fabulously defied all logic hahaha
Jan 10, 2014 12:09 AM

Mar 2008
Attention all Sakura Trick viewers, Yay Lesbians!!!!!! That is all.
Jan 10, 2014 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
I didnt know how enjoyable Yuri Anime could be.
Jan 10, 2014 12:44 AM

Aug 2011
Yes. YES. YES!!!

I've been waiting for this... Can't say I'm disappointed! I'm loving this series more than I already did. Thank you DEEN! ;A;

Dem kisses. I loved the animation in the whole episode, but the kiss scenes were absolutely beautiful.

So two chapters an episode, huh? By next episode they'll already have caught up to what's translated in English, so this should be fun!

Jan 10, 2014 12:46 AM

Feb 2012
Yes! Those kisses ♥(。✿‿✿。)❤ my Heart! ^_^
Jan 10, 2014 12:47 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
My heart is going to explode! I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait an entire week between episodes. Love, love, loved it!
Jan 10, 2014 12:57 AM

Aug 2011
What I wanted: a nice, innocent yuri romance.
What I got: gross, fanservice yuri made for a straight male audience.

Seriously, those kisses were incredibly uncomfortable to watch. It felt like I was watching a hentai.
Jan 10, 2014 12:57 AM

Jan 2013
An anime all about Yuri love with this many kisses.
I don't know if I can handle it.
Finally.
It's pretty much perfect.
5/5
Jan 10, 2014 1:07 AM
Jan 2010
The series is directed by Ken'ichi Ishikura, who also worked on several episodes of Hidamari Sketch as episode director and Hidamari Sketch × Hoshimittsu, where he went in-charge of the entire series. There should also be some ex-SHAFT staff working on the episode thus the SHAFT-like animation.

That said, I need a heart replacement.
Jan 10, 2014 1:13 AM

Oct 2012
suzuha said:

Sort of this, but wasn't gross, just bland and 2D as it can get. Was hoping for a humorous/relatable type of approach like YuruYuri but nope...
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 10, 2014 1:23 AM

Oct 2007
Man a lot of people unironically like this shit. It's just that easy and simple to get peoples praises. Just throw in some cutesy girls, add a dash of fan service, a touch of yuri and some gimmicky shots here and there and you'll have people proclaiming it the greatest thing ever. This isn't quite as awful as that show where the ghost rapes some little sister but it's right up there.
Jan 10, 2014 1:33 AM

Dec 2012
Itermin8rX said:
suzuha said:

Sort of this, but wasn't gross, just bland and 2D as it can get. Was hoping for a humorous/relatable type of approach like YuruYuri but nope...

You related to YuruYuri? how?
Jan 10, 2014 1:39 AM

Feb 2012
This show defines the Awesomeness of Winter 2014. Fuck You KLK, You were gloriously outgrown by Sakura Trick.

The Kisses were just awesome. I LOVED IT. ANIME of the season 'nuff said.
Jan 10, 2014 1:47 AM
May 2013

Yeah :3

So far so good, can't wait for more YURI scenes.
Zippy91Jan 10, 2014 1:50 AM
Jan 10, 2014 1:47 AM

Jan 2014
suzuha said:

Seriously, those kisses were incredibly uncomfortable to watch. It felt like I was watching a hentai.

Even though most of the viewers are female? Hmm...
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

132 by noberkenier »»
Apr 15, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

187 by Delphantasist »»
Feb 14, 2:38 AM

» Where to watch/read Sakura trick if you're from Finland?

Wijkanda - Oct 10, 2021

7 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Jan 15, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2014

114 by User-Name »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:19 AM

» Ain’t this a bit of an overkill?

RudeRedis - Aug 21, 2023

0 by RudeRedis »»
Aug 21, 2023 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.