Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 5, 2014 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aladdin's teacher is awesome.

Really nice to see Titus make his debut. Ha, Aladdin where you touching his chest? He's a GUY. Really nice to see some of the other instructors debut. I can't wait to see them in action soon assuming the anime will adapt it.

Aladdin's battle against Titus is nice I guess. I admire Titus' abilities as a top student. Dat Magi battle. I love it. Hope Titus knows what's doing though..
Jan 5, 2014 12:25 AM

Nov 2007
The same OP & ED (new ones will be aired next week).

Only Aladdin advanced, it seems, and a person who is above him (Matsuoka-san's voice?), who is using the power to discriminate others. They gave those two a test to test the power. Wow @ showing of various magic. He's also one? He somehow has a mission given by Sakamoto-san's character.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 5, 2014 2:09 AM

Mar 2008
I lost it when Aladdin groped Titus to find out if he was a girl & Sphintus talking shit in the background.xD
Jan 5, 2014 2:13 AM

Sep 2012
AnimeJunky said:
I lost it when Aladdin groped Titus to find out if he was a girl & Sphintus talking shit in the background.xD

I love the faces Sphintus makes there. HAHAHA
Jan 5, 2014 2:36 AM

Nov 2011
AnimeJunky said:

LOL same.
Jan 5, 2014 2:42 AM

Feb 2011
I expected Titus to be a magi when i saw the rukh surrounding him but he's actually a subordinate. Interesting , I really like this arc , can't wait to see where it's going.
Jan 5, 2014 3:24 AM

May 2010
When Aladin groped Titus, hahaha. Titus's personality is totally opposite of what I imagined, which is nice. That gravity magic! 180 commands, wow

I lost it for some strange reason when Titus said "Huh, has your mind gone insane", don't judge me.

The budget during this episode was high, I think. Really liked to see some fluid animation, man I love magical academies and showdowns etc etc.
Jan 5, 2014 3:38 AM

Jul 2012
WOOT! Magi is back from vacation. Aladdin and Titus are both amazing but Aladdin is magi and Titus is a magi subordinate. I cannot wait until the next episode.

Great episode!!!
Jan 5, 2014 3:46 AM
Feb 2012
Ooh, and here I was looking forward to the new OP&ED. Too bad it's happening next week.

Overall alright episode. Could've been better in many instances, but the opposite could've happened too. 3/5 I'd say.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 5, 2014 4:11 AM

Jan 2011
Titus combo magic is epic! But he's not a Magi right? He's only a subordinate?

Somehow I think the principal knows.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 5, 2014 4:13 AM
Jun 2013
What an action packed episode!
We get to see Ugo again in sand form, and on that note, is Aladdin Gaara?!
Funny how Aladdin was groping Titus at their first meet in the hall way xD
Looks like we find another Magi too! It's getting even more interesting now.
Jan 5, 2014 4:31 AM

Sep 2012
They really ramped up budget for that fight. The flying animation was smooth, but I liked it better when they weren't oozing energy like crazy. Otherwise, it was really good.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 5, 2014 5:52 AM

Mar 2013
haha poor Titus, get insults from Aladdin XD
Jan 5, 2014 5:56 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep. And the animation during the fight was amazing.

Lol'd so much at Sphintus being ignored all the time XD

I can understand why Aladdin would want to grope Titus. The dude totally looks like a girl XD That scene was hilarious hahaha.

Mogamett making his debut too was nice. As when I read the manga. This old man really makes me conflicted with how kind he treats magician. He's one of the nicest people ever [with magicians].

The Battle was absolutely epic. The animation was top notch. Loved Aladdin's "Ugo" gravity control. Was awesome how he broke the Bolg and so was the ultra sonic wave wand. Really nice.

Can't wait to see how they'll adapt the upcoming stuff. This season has been amazing so far. Hope they didn't completely blow the budget this ep hehe
Jan 5, 2014 6:01 AM

May 2013
I lost it when Aladdin tried to feel Titus' boobs thinking he was a girl and Sphintus with the others were in the back making fun outta him LOL.
But seriously, Titus is hot c:
So, Titus is capable is very poweful magic.
They're both Magi, each with a mission at hand, well Aladdin has somewhat of a mission, right?
Jan 5, 2014 6:28 AM

Sep 2011
Another felt-so-fast episode.

Anyway, I have some suspicions on the principal or maybe I'm thinking too much.

Jan 5, 2014 7:07 AM

Oct 2013
TragicRomance said:
When Aladin groped Titus, hahaha. Titus's personality is totally opposite of what I imagined, which is nice. That gravity magic! 180 commands, wow

I lost it for some strange reason when Titus said "Huh, has your mind gone insane", don't judge me.

The budget during this episode was high, I think. Really liked to see some fluid animation, man I love magical academies and showdowns etc etc.

Quite a good ep. The budget for this ep definitely good.
Jan 5, 2014 8:07 AM

Jan 2012
This episode felt fast, but was really great to watch. The whole titus being a guy thing was hilarious, but Sphintus and co's comments made me laugh out loud XD
The fight between Aladin and Titus was fun to watch, Aladin was kick ass and i knew the dude was going to be a magi.... But the ending had me doubting... Maybe that Leam lady is the magi and she is somehow transferring her powers to him??? Dunno, that might just be me over speculating.
Next episode should be interesting as it should tell us what this whole citizen thing is all about >_<
Jan 5, 2014 8:25 AM

Jun 2011
LOL Aladdin doing the Oppai check XD so funny!
the battle was awesome..!
5/5
Jan 5, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2011
UnbornMVs said:
I expected Titus to be a magi when i saw the rukh surrounding him but he's actually a subordinate. Interesting , I really like this arc , can't wait to see where it's going.

Since he's a subordinate, I'm thinking his master is pretty strong.

Although I like Alibaba's and Morgiana's arcs as well, I'm most excited for Aladdin. And with this new twist to the story, it just got better. :D

Can't wait to see Aladdin take down Titus. Also, that principal is sooooo suspicious. >__<
Jan 5, 2014 8:49 AM

May 2013
That was a great battle. Funny that Aladdin thought Titus was a girl and had to make sure that he was guy instead.
Jan 5, 2014 9:26 AM

Sep 2012
That battle was epic!
I can't wait to see more about Titus
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 5, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2009
I must say I was really impressed with this episode. The animation was splendid for Magi standard, I think this second season is doing at much better job than the first. The magic fight was really wild, plus it's nice to see Aladdin also rely more on his physical strength now, he has become a fearsome fighter. I actually didn't remember him using the sound magic, so it was a pleasant surprise to see how effective it can be.
Old man Mogamett appears. I find it odd Aladdin didn't have a clue about who he was, despite he has been around the school for a year now, oh well.
I also have to comment on that dream about destruction of Alma Torran. I feel sorry for Aladdin that he has to witness this over and over in his dreams. He still don't know what he really is. He's a brave little guy but feels so different from everyone else ;_;

It will be all about Aladdin and Titus for the next many episodes. The Magnostadt arc is on! Looking forward to the new OP and ED next time.
mikadocsJan 5, 2014 11:24 AM
Jan 5, 2014 11:57 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Titus looks androgynous after all. He looks so feminine. I expected the voice to be feminine too, but not since this is the VA of Kirito after all.

The fight was awesome, and finally, Matal Mogamett has made his debut in anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2014 11:58 AM

Mar 2012
I wasn't sure how I felt about the Magnostadt potion of the story before this, but with this episode, I'm sold. I enjoyed it a lot, and Titus has already gotten me very interested. I can't wait to see where things go from here and see how they explore Titus and Scheherazade in the coming episodes.
Jan 5, 2014 12:21 PM

Feb 2013
Ahh I'm so happy my favorite parts are with Aladdin in magi potter world. Very nice battle. I'm reading the manga now and catching up, but it's just cooler to see all the action animated so I won't go beyond this point. I already accidentally spoiled myself by reading the magi wiki so I know what Titus is :( besides a douche.

I was laughing when Sphintus called Titus a fatass lol he's such a side character, even to Aladdin. I'm sure we'll get to see him in action though, I wonder if he will ever interact with Sharrkan since they're both from Heliohapt.
Jan 5, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2012
Whoa, I'm surprised you can still call Titus a douche if you've spoiled yourself.

They're doing a pretty good job showing Mogamett's compassionate side and scary side. All the little hints and subtle buildup give me hope that they will do this completely and properly.
Jan 5, 2014 12:56 PM
Dec 2012
Unspoken rule of anime: there must always be at least one guy drawn as a girl.
Jan 5, 2014 12:57 PM

Feb 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Whoa, I'm surprised you can still call Titus a douche if you've spoiled yourself.

They're doing a pretty good job showing Mogamett's compassionate side and scary side. All the little hints and subtle buildup give me hope that they will do this completely and properly.

Well all I know is that

Regarding Mogamett, I like the hands out of darkness thing they keep doing. It's like he has control over from the shadows or something, but yeah, intimidating and yet he can be nice.
Jan 5, 2014 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
ataxia_ said:

Well all I know is that

Ohh good, you missed the biggest part of that spoiler then(still a pretty huge spoiler though)

Gripsocks said:
We've already had Kouha, though Titus is definitely more feminine.
Jan 5, 2014 1:56 PM

Feb 2012
Titus the Crazyus lmao.

Nice fight, and Mogamett is no joke.
Jan 5, 2014 2:29 PM
Aug 2012
Lol Aladdin writes Arabic from left to right while it's actually written from right to left.
Jan 5, 2014 3:06 PM

Jan 2008
Thank goodness Aladdin confirmed Titus was a male. I thought he could have possibly been a trap.
Jan 5, 2014 3:43 PM
Mar 2012
"Dude looks like a lady"
Aerosmith anyone?

I'd really like to get to know more about Sphintus.
Jan 5, 2014 3:52 PM

May 2012
i dont know if i like titus voice..

AlexTheRiot said:

Gripsocks said:
and there's yunan.

Jan 5, 2014 3:53 PM

Apr 2012
It's a trap.
Jan 5, 2014 4:00 PM

Oct 2011
Titus debut!!!

An epic battle. Titus is not a Magi : O
Jan 5, 2014 4:39 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode. Lost my shit when Aladdin grope Titus to check if he's a she. Can you blame him?

I remember Titus's magic to be more destructive than that.

Titus and Aladdin have the same device embedded into their arm but that doesn't mean Titus is also a magi. At the end of episode, it kinda obvious that he is not and simply a subordinate to Scheherazade.

Yunan and Scheherazade look pretty similar, I wonder if they are related.

Jan 5, 2014 4:47 PM

Sep 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
i dont know if i like titus voice..

AlexTheRiot said:

Gripsocks said:
and there's yunan.

Yeah, but Yunan's chiseled pecs kinda gives it away.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 5, 2014 4:53 PM

Jun 2013
aladdin~you have such a high voice and your butt is kinda big,so i was convinced you were a girl(titus)
sphintus~a big butt he says
background~ thats naughty aladdin
me~lol

AND we were introduced to all the magi except the dungeon making one i think(not judal)
Jan 5, 2014 4:57 PM

May 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
Titus and Aladdin have the same device embedded into their arm.
Looking at it, the stones in their arms are different shapes which I hope is relevant with making Aladdin weaker and Titus stronger or maybe I'm just over complicating things. Honestly, I was hoping Aladdin's stone would break and he would just beat Titus down but that would've been bad for Aladdin. I'm loving the character arcs, I can't wait to see each one unfold.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jan 5, 2014 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:
AnimeJunky said:

LOL same.

Me too xD
Jan 5, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2011
It was so incredibly fast, so fast!!!! I definitely love this season, can't wait for the next episode, but waiting is toooo long(((
Jan 5, 2014 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
I hope the whole budget didn't go into this episode because it was wonderful lol

only thing i can say i didn't like about this which is just me nitpicking is titus voice...just don't like the VA in general

guess new ops/eds will start next week for the 2 cour shows?.
Jan 5, 2014 7:11 PM

Dec 2010
katsu044 said:
I hope the whole budget didn't go into this episode because it was wonderful lol

then they better have a huugeee budget for this season ...
coz few weeks from now , they will have to go nuts handling this arc ... if they want to do it in a proper way , they might need to switch on the HXH 2011 mode
Jan 5, 2014 7:17 PM
Jan 2014
What chapter is this episode in the manga? i want to try and read ahead >_<
Jan 5, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2013
RiveriaXS said:
What chapter is this episode in the manga? i want to try and read ahead >_<

This episode covers chapters 149,150,151,152.
Jan 5, 2014 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
headless_nick said:
katsu044 said:

coz few weeks from now , they will have to go nuts handling this arc ... if they want to do it in a proper way , they might need to switch on the HXH 2011 mode

Aww, that's disappointing. The animation for this episode was so amazing too. I hope it doesn't just suddenly go derp later on lol
Jan 5, 2014 10:58 PM

Aug 2012
Ando- said:
headless_nick said:
katsu044 said:

Aww, that's disappointing. The animation for this episode was so amazing too. I hope it doesn't just suddenly go derp later on lol

Yeah they'll need that really nice Harlharl Infigar animation about a hundred times over. If anything the next couple of weeks should be a good time to save budget, because they're gonna need to go all sorts of crazy.
Jan 6, 2014 12:36 AM

Apr 2010
Man :D Sharrkan and Sphintus must be related in some way xD They way of laughing their ass off is totally the same xDDD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.