Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2013 11:34 AM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed this more than I expected to. LOL What kind of villain name is "ugly toxic poison"?! LOL I love the new rangers. Hilarious group.

I guess this show is the hit and miss type. You either like it or you absolutely hate it. I'd say I like it. I mean, it's funny and parodic! What else do you expect? I laughed at least five times this episode.
Dec 19, 2013 11:35 AM
Sep 2011
►| SamuMenco hits it out of the park once again. They really increased the cheese level for this episode while still playing it tongue-in-cheek, giving it just the right amount of seriousness (by which I mean it is almost non-existent) and the rest being straight-up comedy. The film trailer for FROM BEYOND with its title blending in wholly depicted in capital letters à la horror movie style was just priceless. If you decide to shift gears and go crazy you better go all out! In this regard SamuMenco sets a great example unlike that other half-assed noitaminA show this season *cough*GalileiDonna*cough*.

►| "To those 'adults' who don't want to become adults..." In a sense the new direction of this show does exactly what it promoted from the very start. Had it maintained its status quo shown in the first six episodes even Masayoshi would have given up at some point because the role he aspired to play just isn't meant to work in the real world. However, with the new development he gets the chance to continue playing superhero, he can avoid growing up, maintaining his simplicistic point of view. The whole thing depicts a "What If" scenario that stuffs fantastical elements in an otherwise mundane setting (though I guess the real world is ridiculous enough to cover that up a bit).

►| For now our hero gets to shine as a superhero but I can't imagine any other solution to all of this but reality slapping him in the face in the end with the whole facade crashing down as he (and all the other like-minded characters) will finally have to accept growing up and leaving their childhood aspirations behind.

EudaimoniaDec 19, 2013 12:27 PM
Dec 19, 2013 11:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
After the darkness of the last episode, dId they just do a full body reference to friggin' VOLTRON?!

I'm at a complete loss as to what Takahiro Omori is doing in this show anymore, so I'm just gonna keep trucking and see where the cheese and absurdity leads.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 19, 2013 11:38 AM

May 2008
potential favorite turned bs..
Dec 19, 2013 11:41 AM
Dec 2009
ive been feeling it for a couple episodes but I definitely feel that Red axe is the bad dude behind everything. Hes either some kind of alien or hes a producer for the most insane reality tv show of all time. Either way looking forward to the shenanigans he pulls in the next few eps.
Dec 19, 2013 11:41 AM

Dec 2011
Am i the pnly one getting suspicuous about how cliché is this getting every episode?
As it was a very prepared stage....
Dec 19, 2013 11:43 AM
Mar 2010
Yeah, from now on I'm just gonna watch every new episode and be like 'Mm-hmm' and 'Ok'. Trying to understand what's happening is meaningless.

They totally went sentai on us. I still think this is some kind of dream. I mean, come on guys, what about the rest of what Mayayoshi's grandpa said? What about his parents? What about their murderer?

Omori what the hell are you doing?!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 19, 2013 11:46 AM
Mar 2008
Even if they come out with the "it was all a dream" bullshit later on, it will be too late to save the show. It completely went downhill and at this point it's beyond salvation.
How could this happen? It was such a great series.
Dec 19, 2013 11:47 AM
Sep 2012
Power Rangers time!
Dec 19, 2013 11:58 AM
Jan 2010
It was glorious
Dec 19, 2013 11:59 AM

Feb 2012
Eudaimonia said:
the film trailer for FROM BEYOND with its title blending in wholly depicted in capital letters à la horror movie style was just priceless.

"They hijacked the broadcast!"

just confirmed my suspicions about this:

spespe said:
ive been feeling it for a couple episodes but I definitely feel that Red axe is the bad dude behind everything. Hes either some kind of alien or hes a producer for the most insane reality tv show of all time. Either way looking forward to the shenanigans he pulls in the next few eps.

I mean, c'mon the dude lies constantly, even about his own death! He's probably been away preparing all these evil dudes for his ranger team to fight and whatnot. Hell, he might even be the reason behind King Torture becoming evil. My guess is that he's delusional and he's clinging onto the remains of his past.

Nobody is dumb enough to start off the show the way they did then transition into this insanity without any sort of reasoning. Have patience...lots of it, but I have a feeling we'll get something to reward our patience XD
Dec 19, 2013 12:02 PM
Aug 2011
jimjameswhatever said:
Have patience...lots of it, but I have a feeling we'll get something to reward our patience XD

If there is no reward out of this by the end then it's going to be a very sad day.
Dec 19, 2013 12:07 PM

Mar 2013
Every Thursday a fresh new bag of WTF.
Dec 19, 2013 12:14 PM
Dec 2013
Really doe. They can't drag this shit on forever, I hated the fucking Power Rangers crap and it turned from a show with potential to utter shit in 5 episodes.
Dec 19, 2013 12:15 PM

Dec 2012
I give up...
Dec 19, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2010
While people are saying this is going downhill. I think its getting better!

Why? Its obvious this series is a super sentai parody which kinda reminds me of Gintama in a way where they poke fun at certain genres, character archetypes, and shows yet have some serious heartbreaking moments thrown in. I believe this was never meant to be taken seriously from the start which is why I have fun watching it every week! And why its getting an high score from me!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 19, 2013 12:16 PM

Feb 2012
Varvino said:
Really doe. They can't drag this shit on forever, I hated the fucking Power Rangers crap and it turned from a show with potential to utter shit in 5 episodes.

I wouldn't call it utter shit...just unorthodox
I don't blame you for not enjoying it, but personally I find it rather fun to watch the ridiculous parts and the serious moments are good when they do occur
Dec 19, 2013 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
I can see this turning into "it was all a dream" or something at the end of the series just to complete the mind rape.
Dec 19, 2013 12:19 PM

Dec 2008
Was a nice show now its just yet another ranger anime :(
Dec 19, 2013 12:25 PM
May 2012
not funny, just plain stupid, sentai rangers homage/parody blabla we get it, ... if i wanna watch it i 'd watch the real thing ...
Dec 19, 2013 12:27 PM
Apr 2011
Growing up on the original Power Rangers, all I have to say is while I may be confused about wtf is going on in Samumenco, I am absolutely loving it
Dec 19, 2013 12:28 PM
Jul 2011
This show is too perfect for words XD
Dec 19, 2013 12:41 PM
Apr 2013
Okay... Um... Okay....
Dec 19, 2013 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
hahaha do not even know what to say.

i am back to being young watching power rangers.

just gonna enjoy it without thinking too much about what it made us believe to be during the first few episodes

it is like the show makes fun of the super sentai crazyness while fully embracing it aswell.
Dec 19, 2013 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
Dem power rangers man.
Dec 19, 2013 12:53 PM
Jan 2011
WTF is going on?
Dec 19, 2013 12:54 PM

May 2010
Lol well that escalated quickly.

It has a linear progression though. My guess is in 2 or 3 episodes he's going to fight the boss-man, and all of the Flamengers will die (except him).

It's going to get darker again after that, and he's going to be a solo hero, purely. Not even any support. And he's gonna save the entire planet.

And then we'll find out he's in a mental institution or something.

Seriously I'm thinking this is gonna be like another Paranoia Agent.
Dec 19, 2013 12:54 PM

Feb 2008
I seriously have no clue about the direction this show is taking =/
Dec 19, 2013 12:55 PM
Oct 2010
Wtf? LOL that power rangers getup.. that voltron esque robot... wtf? Where is this going :|
Dec 19, 2013 12:55 PM

Dec 2008
The pacing keeps being horrible.
Dec 19, 2013 12:58 PM

Feb 2012
xSanox said:
just gonna enjoy it without thinking too much about what it made us believe to be during the first few episodes

enjoy it for what it is, but I wouldn't forget about those earlier episodes so soon, I have faith it will tie together the craziness with the serious side of the show eventually (They already have sorta with the last episode) albeit it might not be executed in the smoothest way XD

I think the problem with most people watching the show is that they're too used to being pandered to by their anime. This one just says 'fuck you' and does it's own thing and I don't think it's amazing but it's definitely unique and definitely has more to it than the crazy side it's showing on it's surface.
Dec 19, 2013 1:01 PM

Mar 2013
From beyond looks so much cooler and better than viva torture. and their monsters are really scary XD this gonna be the craziest and possibly best anime ever
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 19, 2013 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
jimjameswhatever said:
xSanox said:

enjoy it for what it is, but I wouldn't forget about those earlier episodes so soon, I have faith it will tie together the craziness with the serious side of the show eventually (They already have sorta with the last episode) albeit it might not be executed in the smoothest way XD

I think the problem with most people watching the show is that they're too used to being pandered to by their anime. This one just says 'fuck you' and does it's own thing and I don't think it's amazing but it's definitely unique and definitely has more to it than the crazy side it's showing on it's surface.

oh i am not saying forget about it and i am sure there will be serious stuff. i mean we have super sentaii on one side and then we have people getting killed left and right on the other side.

i actually think all the flamengers aside from hazama ofc are going to die.. stuff like this never happens in super hero shows and then suddenlyone of the flamengers gets killed next to hazama
Dec 19, 2013 1:09 PM

May 2011
I find this show hilarious, but I do think that it is targeted at a very specific demographic. Mostly those people like me who grew up enjoying these tokusatsu type shows. It is both making fun of how over the top everything is while cheering on that feeling of youthful optimism and hope.
Dec 19, 2013 1:28 PM
Jan 2013
Maybe it is because I hated the power rangers, but this episode was shit.
Dec 19, 2013 1:29 PM

Jan 2010
WHAT THE FUDGES BALL GOING ON?
I was like "WTF" every moment.
I cringe alot, especially that flamenger music (Lmao)
I was telling myself that this was all just a dream...
Or maybe they are filming..
I'll see what happen next. (next episode)
This episode was just too cheesy... (I cringe alot)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2013 1:30 PM
Jul 2007
Weak. No more Flamenco. No Goto. No Manager dealing with the reveal. No Scientist. No Flamenco girls.

Was hoping he stayed Solo like Kamen Rider style.

Edit* VIVA TORTURE!
Dec 19, 2013 1:33 PM
Oct 2011
Comedy of the season. I finally found you. No, cross that. Comedy of the year!

Man this is so bad it's hilarious.

I really wanted a power rangers parody show with cool colorful stuff and all, but wtf is this bullshit? If the director and the series-composer are trying to make it comedy, then ooh they're doing a really bad job. (but the show turned out to be funny nonetheless. Magic.)

I mean something like this is something I'd expect from a lazy bunch of guys doing something random to put it on youtube; no structure, no animation, nothing. But seriously, that's the last thing I'd expect from such staff.

parfaited said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Have patience...lots of it, but I have a feeling we'll get something to reward our patience XD

If there is no reward out of this by the end then it's going to be a very sad day.
Reward? Creating a show worst than Mars of Destruction?
Candor123Dec 19, 2013 2:14 PM
Dec 19, 2013 2:12 PM
Jul 2012
Not sure what I just watched... I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the ride for the rest of the series. Not really sure whats happening anymore or where everything is going but I still find it entertaining.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Dec 19, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
....Power Rangers and a giant robot?

I have no idea where this is going anymore (haven't had since ep 7). All I can do at this point is laughing, really.

For some reason I'm still enjoying it anyway. :D
Dec 19, 2013 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
namedrisk said:

name one other ranger anime
Dec 19, 2013 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was fucking awesome. The little kid in me was like, "FUCK YES. POWER RANGERS MOTHERFUCKER."

This show is so entertaining.
Dec 19, 2013 2:42 PM

Jul 2011
So far, this has evolved into some crappier, bloodier and non-sensical version of Power Rangers.

Flamen Green has super powers!?!?

I like the theme song though.
Dec 19, 2013 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
I saw Power Rangers all throughout this, damn it Japan.
What are you looking here for
Dec 19, 2013 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
I love how some of you people lack the cognitive capabilities to have fun.
Get over yourselves and stop acting like this show is meant to be serious. It's wonderful.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Dec 19, 2013 2:59 PM

Dec 2008
Did I just unknowingly watch an episode of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?
New characters!! I feel like Red Axe aka Kaname Jouji is full of shit and just doing what he can to stay relevant.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 19, 2013 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
gedata said:
namedrisk said:

name one other ranger anime

don't worry people are just stupid
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Dec 19, 2013 3:08 PM
Aug 2011
Candor said:
parfaited said:
jimjameswhatever said:

Reward? Creating a show worst than Mars of Destruction?

Do not crush my hopes like that!

grymdylan said:
Get over yourselves and stop acting like this show is meant to be serious. It's wonderful.

The line between this being wonderfully hilarious or a convoluted depressing mess is much too thin here.
Dec 19, 2013 3:11 PM
Jul 2013
grymdylan said:
Maybe they just don't think it's fun?
Dec 19, 2013 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
That was really fabulous, they even summoned their Megazord.

Too bad there's only 1 girl in Flamengers, but she is nice.

And yeah looks like she isn't Goto's girlfriend either, she is Kaname's lol (they better make this one sided love).

And lol'd at that bad guy's line "He is so toxic, he even makes viruses sick", what the fuck.

Looking forward to the other 3 Kings from From Beyond group.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.