Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2013 12:08 PM
Mar 2008
Guys take your VN debates to the VN thread. Let the anime only viewers enjoy the moment. Regardless of who you thought should've adapted it, I think this was a superb episode (For the anime) that deserves to be seen without anyone poisoning the well.
Dec 14, 2013 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
I'll just give a 5/5 of this episode based on my opinion, and then step away from these forums as quickly as possible. Too much gunfire.
"MIRAI ZURA!

MIRAI ZURA YO, RUBY-CHAN!"

-Hanamaru Kunikida
Dec 14, 2013 12:12 PM
Sep 2013
dizzyworld2 said:
JimRaynor said:
I think Hikaru Midorikawa was really crying during the recording. Hear his voice, it's so real ;_;.

He himself is actually a huge Little Busters! fan since the Little Busters! VN came out. I believe he and other seiyuus were crying in the same recording room just like the Clannad seiyuus did... Gosh!!

That's really nice to hear! I'm sure Tamiyasu is a fan as well since she has the main role and I remember reading that she loved it as well.

She's indeed a huge fan of LB too! Lots of the LB CVs are. And Mio's CV was eager to give her voice acting coz she likes the work so much but she was pregnant during the production of season1 so she had no choice but give up.
JimRaynorDec 14, 2013 12:16 PM
Dec 14, 2013 12:14 PM
Oct 2008
Reckoner said:
Guys take your VN debates to the VN thread. Let the anime only viewers enjoy the moment.

A fair enough request, I shall.
Dec 14, 2013 12:15 PM
Sep 2013
Reckoner said:
Guys take your VN debates to the VN thread. Let the anime only viewers enjoy the moment. Regardless of who you thought should've adapted it, I think this was a superb episode (For the anime) that deserves to be seen without anyone poisoning the well.

^ this. Couldn't agree more. The feels ARE real, any debate is futile. Jim Raynor just said.
Dec 14, 2013 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
Such feels..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 14, 2013 12:18 PM

Nov 2013
@Vladz0r Mod Edit: Long quote of spoilered content removed.

Some of these things might still take place in the next two episodes ya' know.
Potential spoilers, just saying.

I do think JC Staff did a great job considering I haven't played the VN yet so I can't really tell when something got changed. KyoAni probably would have done better though, looking back at the past Key adaptations they've done that I loved so much.
rodacDec 14, 2013 7:17 PM
Dec 14, 2013 12:23 PM

May 2012
The feels.... T-T
Kengo and Kyousuke were too much for me.

So, here's the deal. As an anime-only watcher I did a little "experiment" and decided to see the ending on the VN (also because I was too eager to know it and couldn't wait two more weeks xD).

And there's nothing else to say about the rest. It was done brilliantly. The small changes make it even more enjoyable. Voice acting was impecable. Just. Perfect.

Mod Edit: spoler end tag moved down one paragraph.

rodacDec 14, 2013 7:20 PM
Dec 14, 2013 12:26 PM

Mar 2011
I am probably just a bit indifferent to all this drama, but that kind of melo is really over the top. It felt like autoparody.

Nevertheless the way they did it was fine. I am just a bit of an insensitive bitch.
Dec 14, 2013 12:38 PM
Feb 2013
Mod Edit: Extensive discussion of differences between VN and episode follows. This is a potential spoiler for people who intend to play the VN, and is better suited for the separate thread on the VN vs. Adaptation.
rodacDec 14, 2013 7:22 PM
Dec 14, 2013 12:56 PM
Dec 2012
The feels don't go! I can't stop the tears...
:v
Dec 14, 2013 1:03 PM
Feb 2013
I think this ep was spot on in the delivery, and even improved on it in Kyousuke's case where as said before I got the impression Midorikawa was actually crying. My only quibble is Masato's delivery, which I felt was stronger in the VN since as it was more low-key and solemn it was a starker contrast to his usual character. The ending sequence also felt a little too filler-like although I sort of liked having the rest of the cast lining up.
Dec 14, 2013 1:20 PM

Aug 2012
The feels on the bus go round n round...

That was a really nice episode 5/5 loved it.

Dec 14, 2013 1:49 PM

May 2013
Stitches327 said:
The feels on the bus go round n round...

;_;
Dec 14, 2013 1:51 PM

Jun 2010
I think some people that talk about this anime (producition, studios, music placement, animation quality etc.) should seriously take a hint from the anime and grow up.
Walls of text that do not bring anything into the discussion of a current episode should be moved to an according forum topic.

Either way, I played the game some years ago, and I never got to the point at which I started idolizing it's content, and after season 1 ended, never did I think it was a bad adaptation. Frankly, though Little Busters will forever be a better Anime/Visual Novel than Clannad (be it game or the anime) from my perspective, I could not express clearly what I thought about this adaptation, since some people are clearly overidolizing the content of the game and I do not want to start a discussion with "them".
Alas the time to defend my own opinion has arisen.
The anime will get a 10/10 from me and this episode assured me of it. I'm happy when I see new episodes of Little Busters, and if something is making me happy I'll hang on to that thing, and that's that. Thank you for all the work you put into the anime J.C. Staff, it was fun to see all the characters I really liked from the Visual Novel animated.
Now waiting only for the last two episodes (and ex routes :D).
Dec 14, 2013 1:59 PM

Oct 2012
I liked the episode but I can tell that this would have made me cried if I played the vn since I probably would have give a shit about other characters that isn't just Kyousuke, Season1 was very Shitty imo but refrain is certainly much better. If this was well executed it would have probably been sadder than Clannad since it does have a better story imo, but what made Clannad so much better than this was the characters which I disliked pretty much everyone in this series except for Kyousuke, Kengo near the end got pretty likable too.
Dec 14, 2013 2:13 PM

Feb 2011
This episode devastated me.
Dec 14, 2013 2:31 PM

Sep 2008
All this talk about butchering and whatever.

it's not like you'll ever find a completely 1:1 adaption of a branching visual novel anyway, be it the LB anime, or the Clannad anime.

The only difference here is mostly what you experienced first, determining what you like the most (the VN or the Anime, not the different series).

Idk, I've played the VN, but when I watch the anime, I just basically shut down everything I know from the VN, and expect stuff to be the same, and changed, without trying to figure out "which is better" or whatever. Works like a wonder, and this episode is good.

also @KeyIsLove: No.
Wafuu~
Dec 14, 2013 2:39 PM
May 2012
Damn dat greenriver, taking voice acting to another level or rather realm. The feelings he conveyed almost made me tear up ...every last pitch so tear-jerking,...
Dec 14, 2013 3:03 PM

Aug 2012
I'm so silly, I forgot to post my opinions on this episode despite the fact I already watched it 11 hours ago?... Okay, here goes.

As an anime adaptation, JC did well. This is perhaps one of the most emotional episode in anime history and even if they could done it better, I am already satisfied with it. Hey, the empty box of tissues is proof enough.

I was one of the haters of JC during S1 and earlier in S2. Now, I'm a reformed bastard who doesn't expect a 1:1 adaptation. There is of course, changes and removal of scenes, that is inevitable. And considering the amount of episodes JC has to work it, they've done a very good job. Not many studios can pull that off, even your beloved Kyoani.

I don't know about the others, but this "lame" adaptation you guys are referring to just proves to me how epic the content of LB! has.

Now, time to fly to the other forums.. CR forums for example, because it has a more optimistic atmosphere there. Honestly, it's suffocating here XD
julyanDec 14, 2013 3:06 PM
Dec 14, 2013 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
damn. that scene with kyosuke was legit. if this was the climax scene for refrain, i can see why refrain was hyped up (although disappointing that it only has one 'teary' moment -- maybe there will be more in the next 2 episodes). but yeah, im sure he felt the most pain as the leader, as he's both the observer as well as the instigator. almost anohana status.
KurogashiDec 14, 2013 3:25 PM
Dec 14, 2013 3:26 PM

Oct 2013
Kurogashi said:
damn. that scene with kyosuke was legit. if this was the climax scene for refrain, i can see why refrain was hyped up (although disappointing that it only has one 'key' moment -- maybe there will be more in the next episode). but yeah, im sure he felt the most pain as the leader, as he's both the observer as well as the instigator. almost anohana status.

New on Myanimelist.
Dec 14, 2013 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
kyousuke crying was so sad and heartbreaking! i was crying so hard.
the best big brother ever
Dec 14, 2013 4:07 PM

Jun 2012
Mod Edit: Extensive discussion of differences between VN and episode follows. This is a potential spoiler for people who intend to play the VN, and is better suited for the separate thread on the VN vs. Adaptation.
rodacDec 14, 2013 7:24 PM
Dec 14, 2013 4:13 PM

Jul 2010
I did not cry for years but I must admit I have officially cried in this episode.
The goodbye was just way too painful, and the monologue of Kyousuke was my nail in the coffin. Notice that I was already crying even before Masato started speaking.

I still can't believe there are going to be two more episodes, it seemed like this episode or the next would be the last ones. My feels are already scattered in my room, I don't know if I will be able to handle the next week's feels.

Oh btw, could someone tell me how is the soundtrack called during Kyosuke last monologue?

Vladz0r said:
Now that the Secret is out, I wanted to unveil my gallery.
Enjoy: http://imgur.com/a/fSJLK

I love you (no homo), thanks. I don't know how much time did this take but really good job here.
Dec 14, 2013 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
Akanezora said:

Oh btw, could someone tell me how is the soundtrack called during Kyosuke last monologue?

Parting of the Boys
Dec 14, 2013 4:18 PM

Jul 2010
egnaro315 said:
Akanezora said:

Parting of the Boys

Thank you very much, now I will be able to grieve even in my sleep.
Dec 14, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
HaXXspetten said:
Gitah-Muttan said:
theKDL said:
Gitah-Muttan said:
is it just me or the timing of Haruka Kanata is a bit off when Kyousuke started to cry?

Not just you, I was waiting for the music to fade in when he turns... but nope

Also, why Masato's scene not so touchy? why wasn't there Haruka Kanata????

YES! EXACTLY! That fade is needed to amplify the feels!!
I thought the fading of all the characters was a bit too sudden really, was like someone snapped their fingers and they weren't there anymore instead of fading out over a few seconds

i think those parts could have been done better to add dramatic effect like how when the world was ending all those light particles would had worked just fine,still i got the feels kengo crying almost got me.
Dec 14, 2013 4:27 PM

Jan 2012
Holy fuck, those feels hit me like a freight train. God damn it
as soon as kyousuke started crying i broke.
Dec 14, 2013 4:30 PM

May 2010
Akanezora said:
egnaro315 said:
Akanezora said:

Parting of the Boys

Thank you very much, now I will be able to grieve even in my sleep.

This one always makes me so sad when I'm listening to it, but at the same time my heart is filling with the hope...
This, the new track and Haruka Kanata are the music highlights of this episode.
Dec 14, 2013 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
Kurogashi said:
damn. that scene with kyosuke was legit. if this was the climax scene for refrain, i can see why refrain was hyped up (although disappointing that it only has one 'teary' moment -- maybe there will be more in the next 2 episodes). but yeah, im sure he felt the most pain as the leader, as he's both the observer as well as the instigator. almost anohana status.

There's still 2 more episodes ;) But after this reveal, rewatching most episodes will be pretty sad too. This reveal turned everything into pretty much a tragedy because everything started from one. Because all along Riki was also helping the girls fulfill their final regrets and LB were all pretty much trying to enjoy their lives as much as possible since episode 1.

And reposting this link to remind anyone who skipped Vlad's post to see all the hints scattered in the series in case you missed the link. http://imgur.com/a/fSJLK
OLHeartsDec 14, 2013 4:51 PM
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Dec 14, 2013 5:02 PM

Nov 2009
i expected this scene, but it was still teary to watch
amazing episode as usual, don't hate on it too much players
it's still a very strong and emotional episode <3
Dec 14, 2013 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
The perfect placement of OSTs is making it so much harder to watch this as a VN player :( Dem feelz!!
Dec 14, 2013 5:18 PM

Dec 2007
OMG, When Kyousuke started bawling... I just cant... ;_; That was REALLY good J.C staff and Hikaru Midorikawa is one DAMN good seiyuu :D

And some VN readers are being nitpicky as usual ughh..
mistress_kisaraDec 14, 2013 5:32 PM
Dec 14, 2013 5:37 PM

Aug 2008
When I first played this scene in the vn... I didn't cry. Watching this scene in the anime now... I still didn't cry. I guess Refrain just doesn't work well with me.

But Kyousuke really is the best Key character ever created. That much I'll give credit to.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 14, 2013 5:42 PM
Feb 2013
rodacDec 14, 2013 7:25 PM
Dec 14, 2013 5:42 PM

May 2008
My eyes got all watery once Kengo starting to cry :( been so long since i felt this way

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 14, 2013 5:59 PM

Oct 2013
Why JC Staff? Why did you do this to me? What did I do to deserve to be this miserable?

A very good climax for a very good anime. JC Staff did well with this episode although it could have been better. Some VN readers are being nitpicky as usual. If for one moment you try to forget that you ever read the vn, then this episode will bring you to tears because you didn't make an expectation.

I thought it was only Riki x Kyousuke but now there's a Riki x Masato route too? JC Staff must be a fan of the yaoi genre. Masato's farewell was my favorite part of the vn and the only farewell that made me cry but the anime version kind of sucked.

Kengo regretted not being able to play with them more but in the end he finally realized that he was happy to be friends with them and took off with a smile.

Finally Kyousuke,,, DAMN THAT SCENE A MASTERPIECE!! They really outdone themselves with that part. best scene of Little Busters ever made! The VA was one good seiyuu portraying Kyousuke when he was crying. I am pretty sure that the seiyuu was also crying when they were recording that moment.

And now the end of the world. Good bye Kyousuke. Good bye Little Busters.....

Two episodes left. Little Busters is really coming to an end.
Dec 14, 2013 6:06 PM

Sep 2012
Very faithfully adapted from the VN, similar level of feels. Animated Kyousuke crying was quite nice.

But JC, what have you done with my Masato...?

And now everyone knows why the Common Route is actually quite sad and surprisingly, NOT as bad as some people thought it was! Yay!
SleepingEntityDec 14, 2013 6:09 PM
Dec 14, 2013 6:09 PM

Jun 2013
Just like i had predicted, this episode had me in tears throughout and was delivered nearly flawelessely! This was by far the best episode of little busters! And the remaining two will only be better! SO MANY FUCKING FEELS THOUGH!
Dec 14, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
Great job JC Staff!
Dec 14, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2010

Seeing Kyosuke crying always kills me inside.
Dec 14, 2013 6:42 PM

Dec 2011
Welp, like the majority of people here, i loved it!! So emotional....
Dec 14, 2013 6:46 PM

Aug 2008
rodacDec 14, 2013 7:27 PM
Dec 14, 2013 6:47 PM

Nov 2012
Simply outstanding episode! Kyousuke's section was simply off the charts! I'm now just looking forward to the next bit that hit me hard, which will be covered in the next episode...the wish.
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Dec 14, 2013 6:48 PM

Jun 2013
I almost cried...almost..almo...GOD DAMMIT ;_;

Only two more episodes.
Dec 14, 2013 7:05 PM

Sep 2012
@hyperknees

It certainly isn't Umineko, but sadly it isn't Steins;Gate or Clannad in terms of stand-alone enjoyment for a lot of people.

Shit, though. I read the first few hours of Umineko and rewatched the first episode of the anime. Holy hell. The VN introduced every character extremely well, and the anime made them a quickly tied package of cliches.

I think LB is the sort of the adaptation that might be ruined by reading the source material first because of how the execution turned out, especially with the plot twists, the Secret of the World, the farewells, the bro arcs, Rin's arc, and heroine routes that lost their dramatic buildup/romance, and the comedy is a whole different and toned down experience. At least this episode turned out to be a hit everywhere I go, especially for those who have enjoyed the series from the beginning.

I'm a pretty huge ass hole on the forums most of the time, and have incredibly mixed feelings on the anime. We all know why at this point, but oh well. If you want to know how I truly reacted:
I didn't feel much up until Kyousuke's scene, but I think the mood was set up well for anime-only people to get engaged in it from the beginning. The lack of buildup in the series and the character representation throughout, though, just hinders the impact of this episode.

The amount of emotion you can feel in this episode can only go so far for the content contained in it, because it calls back to so much from the entire journey through the series. The series could've been a lot smoother, but I liked a lot of ideas JC Staff had.

Hopefully this episode got some people to really love and feel for Kyousuke, because this was one of the most memorable moments of the VN.
Vladz0rDec 14, 2013 7:08 PM
Dec 14, 2013 7:14 PM

Aug 2008
Well yeah Steins;Gate and Clannad threw away most of the heroine's screen time and development while Little Busters didn't. I guess it would have been a better choice to focus more on the bros at the cost of the girls development but it depends on if you care about balance or not. I personally prefer how they adapted Kanon to Clannad because of this.

Clannad is more of a personal story so I think it's just genuinely appealing to more people as well, just because of it's concept.

Now don't get me wrong I don't belittle Clannad or Steins Gate for their choices as they are both great shows as well.

Reading source material always makes watching adaption rough though as details will always be left out. I'm pretty biased to the 99 HxH because of this regardless of how good people see HxH 2011 is.
hyperknees91Dec 14, 2013 7:22 PM
Dec 14, 2013 7:30 PM

Jan 2012
All these feels.
All that foreshadowing. I started getting sad when Kyousuke was watching everyone. I was teary when I realized how everything came together. ;-; Why do they have to go? WHY?!

I'm guessing they're gonna pull a Clannad on us though, but that would hinder Riki and Rin's "growth."
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.