Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 10, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol I found the latest episode to be silly. Dem misunderstandings everywhere. Oop Shizuku as well. Yes, she's back.

Ah Bakatora....

Stark700Dec 10, 2013 8:41 AM
Dec 10, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2009
Drillshit, fuck.
Dec 10, 2013 2:31 PM

Mar 2010
Hmmm... Funi is really late.

Was there a big delay or something?
Dec 10, 2013 4:42 PM

Mar 2012
This episode shows off nicely why this series just won't be great even though it's unlikely to become a trainwreck either. To be fair, this was a pretty funny episode for the most part. But the problem is that this episode is actually trying to weave in Suzuka's emotions and internal struggles as well. And both scenes showing off Suzuka's sensitive side, one where she's in her bedroom and the other where she's sitting down with Harutora, fail because they just feel so rushed.

The question is really where the priorities are. If the producers wanted to cut out some fun and put it more serious stuff, they could've easily done so, but they didn't. And I think it's a shame that they didn't because this is a missed opportunity. Instead of becoming a relatable character, Suzuka just becomes this weird amalgamation of troll and emotionally unstable. Meh. I had a good laugh. But this series really is placing too much value in sheer entertainment than depth.
Dec 10, 2013 5:14 PM
Jul 2013
zannet_t said:
This episode shows off nicely why this series just won't be great even though it's unlikely to become a trainwreck either. To be fair, this was a pretty funny episode for the most part. But the problem is that this episode is actually trying to weave in Suzuka's emotions and internal struggles as well. And both scenes showing off Suzuka's sensitive side, one where she's in her bedroom and the other where she's sitting down with Harutora, fail because they just feel so rushed.

The question is really where the priorities are. If the producers wanted to cut out some fun and put it more serious stuff, they could've easily done so, but they didn't. And I think it's a shame that they didn't because this is a missed opportunity. Instead of becoming a relatable character, Suzuka just becomes this weird amalgamation of troll and emotionally unstable. Meh. I had a good laugh. But this series really is placing too much value in sheer entertainment than depth.

She "becomes" like that? She's always been that way. It's what her character is; an emotional train-wreck. But I do agree this episode could have been executed better. It's a 24 episode anime so this is what we get, unfortunately.
Dec 10, 2013 6:44 PM

Dec 2012
dafuq... that was kinda backwards she's all caught up on killing his friend yet he seems to be like "pshh what of it i aint even mad". Kinda pisses me off actually, I wanted him to be angry with her about it and flip shit sometime over it. Ehhh but I guess it's anime so anything can happen.
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Dec 10, 2013 7:01 PM

Mar 2012
Demonshaw17 said:
dafuq... that was kinda backwards she's all caught up on killing his friend yet he seems to be like "pshh what of it i aint even mad". Kinda pisses me off actually, I wanted him to be angry with her about it and flip shit sometime over it. Ehhh but I guess it's anime so anything can happen.

The thing is, Natsume washed away any possible resentment he had towards Suzuka at the end of the first arc. It really isn't backwards. Just put yourself in their shoes and see.

On another note, this episode was too funny. Suzuka trolling the Tsuchimikado siblings was too much fun to watch.
To be honest, though, I really didn't feel that Suzuka's development in this episode was all too rushed. Sure, it was a bit quick but I definitely did not feel that it was rushed. Maybe it's the fact that I have yet to read the LNs, though.

Of course, I can't forget the little third year with an attraction to Kon (though, I can't blame her). I can't wait to see more of her.
Ashen_MikoDec 10, 2013 7:11 PM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Dec 10, 2013 7:05 PM

Mar 2010
She's back, unfortunately for Harutora. lol

That's was pretty enjoyable Suzuka centric episode. She has pretty good chemistry with Harutora and nice for them reconcile a bit on what happen a ago year.

That said, she wasn't only character in this week, there's something definitely off about that third year...

zannet_t said:

You're assuming too much here.

I thought the episode handled her issues fine, of course she's emotional troubled. The brief bit of her past, we saw back in episode 2 and 3 about her life was pretty horrible outside anything involving her brother. He was was Suzuka's clutch deal with that, but when she lost him any meaning her life disappeared too and tried to play it tough. Harutora then came essentially saved from herself by giving her something she rarely experienced 'empathy" even after what she did.

Suzuka was never ever a villain, her motivation had nothing to do with harming anyone, just desperation. That was obvious to Harutora. A large part of her development clearly going to about her living for herself and getting over past.
Iron_MawDec 10, 2013 7:45 PM
Dec 10, 2013 7:06 PM

Sep 2013
I loved this episode the moment I saw those curls, I was wondering when she was going to show up :D

The way they put in Harutora's flashbacks while she was talking was excellent ;)

That was one odd loli senpai.

That whistle ost so op.

"Were being tortured to death" :3
Dec 10, 2013 8:43 PM

Nov 2012
After Kon, Suzuka is the best female character on this series, I like her more than Natsume already.
I like the occasional fan service, but IMO the close up at her skirt was a bit weird.
Kon was funny as usual, but I would have liked to see her showing up when Harutora was with Suzuka.
BTW I hope to see more of that sempai that Harutora and Kon meet in the hallway, she seems interesting.
jose21Dec 10, 2013 10:08 PM
Dec 10, 2013 8:51 PM

Jul 2013
they didn't move on with the plot I think?? anyway at least its not a boring episode.. but I expect action in the next one.
Dec 10, 2013 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was a fun episode. The first time Suzuka was introduced, she had "annoying" written all over her. Surprisingly, this time I actually found her funny and cute. With just this one episode, I can say I like her more than Natsume already. If the writers' intention was to make the viewer sympathize with her and feel happy now that she's finally in good company, then kudos to them they've succeeded (with me at least).
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 10, 2013 9:07 PM

Jul 2013
PrimeX said:
they didn't move on with the plot I think?? anyway at least its not a boring episode.. but I expect action in the next one.

We are in volume 5 , this volume is about field trip =)) so don't expect action .
Ignis_ScientiaDec 10, 2013 9:14 PM
Dec 10, 2013 9:59 PM
Feb 2009
Even though the plot didn't really moved on this episode I still enjoyed it though lol
Dec 10, 2013 10:02 PM

Jul 2013
OH FUCK SHE"S BACK D:
LOL funny as episode
I'd have to agree with xchee said, as well as jose21, well with most of it anyway.
xchee said:
Well that was a fun episode. The first time Suzuka was introduced, she had "annoying" written all over her. Surprisingly, this time I actually found her funny and cute. With just this one episode, I can say I like her more than Natsume already. If the writers' intention was to make the viewer sympathize with her and feel happy now that she's finally in good company, then kudos to them they've succeeded (with me at least).
and
jose21 said:
After Kon, Suzuka is the best female character on this series, I like her more than Natsume already.
I like the occasional fan service, but IMO the close up at her skirt was a bit weird.
Kon was funny as usual, but I would have liked to see her showing up when Haruta was with Suzuka.
BTW I hope to see more of that sempai that Harutora and Kon meet in the hallway, she seems interesting.

maaan dem misunderstandings :p
curious as to how this will all turn out.. can't wait ;o
Dec 10, 2013 10:06 PM

Mar 2010
Suzuka is definitely a fun character, but like both her Natsume more or less the same myself. hahaha...

BTW, the facial reactions in this episodes were great.
Iron_MawDec 10, 2013 10:25 PM
Dec 10, 2013 10:12 PM
Apr 2012
I actually enjoyed this episode the interaction with Kon and Loli Senpai was funny!
Dec 10, 2013 10:54 PM

Mar 2008
Loved this episode. Suzuka is awesome & I want to see more of the little girl that likes little girls. =3
Dec 10, 2013 11:25 PM

Apr 2011
Lol. The cute troll is back. Making life for Natsume and Harutora a torture.

I like this episode. Kon's reaction about a kiss, and Natsume with glasses and hiding
from Suzuka was too funny.

It was a nice breather after the intense battle last episode. a nice hilarious episode.
Dec 10, 2013 11:46 PM

May 2013
This was a good episode. Loved Kon's and Kurahashi's reactions.
Dec 10, 2013 11:46 PM

Feb 2011
I loved the comparison at Suzuka's introduction, but if what above guy said is true this would make it a hybrid anime that alternates between School life drama/comedy, and Action supernatural hero anime.
Dec 10, 2013 11:52 PM

Sep 2011
Was expecting her return at one point as the archetype tsundere oujo-sama loli.

Had a great hearty laugh from start till end.
Dec 10, 2013 11:55 PM

Mar 2013
They brought back the best character and then started to ruin her. This anime isn't even just bad anymore, it's boring and dragging on and nothing is happening now. The promising-looking action that was starting to pick up was flicked away like it was nothing and we got back to bullshit again. Dropped hardcore. What overhyped crud.
Dec 10, 2013 11:58 PM

Jul 2009
^
it was never hyped but ok. the exit is that way and hopefully it's a one way door, as no one wants to hear your drivel again - at least i sure dont.

as for the episode, thank you based loli.
this episode bumped the show from a 7 to an 8 for me. i predict fun times ahead.
Dec 11, 2013 12:16 AM

Jul 2013
I think from this episode we can conclude that Touji is secretly a pervert from the way he was checking out Suzuka. He probably knows everyone's three sizes.
Dec 11, 2013 12:37 AM

Apr 2009
Best girl is back, and just in time. The show was losing me a bit.
Dec 11, 2013 12:54 AM

Apr 2012
Kon was adorable as always.
Dec 11, 2013 2:46 AM

Oct 2013
The troll has returned. Suzuka = Best girl.This episode was also quite relaxing. The third year senpai seems interested in Kon too :)
Dec 11, 2013 3:10 AM

Oct 2013
Suzuka too much appearance here. A little overload. I hope the rest of the eps balance out a little for the others screen time.
Dec 11, 2013 3:15 AM

Feb 2010
To the guys that will say and said that Sakura Ayane's voice is annoying, it just mean that she did a great job.

Why? Because that is the point of this whole episode.

SEEENNPPAAAIIII! ggrrr
I feel your annoyance Hurrtora lol (fun ep actually :D )

straggy said:
They brought back the best character and then started to ruin her. This anime isn't even just bad anymore, it's boring and dragging on and nothing is happening now. The promising-looking action that was starting to pick up was flicked away like it was nothing and we got back to bullshit again. Dropped hardcore. What overhyped crud.
Does an anime like this one has to have battle scenes every time to be interesting? We need breathers like this after a fight -_-.
CashdaxDec 11, 2013 3:22 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 11, 2013 3:15 AM

Jun 2008
that trolling

LOL
Dec 11, 2013 3:40 AM

Oct 2012
Those smiles at the beginning and ending. Harutora & Natsume's life just got harder, lol. And those reactions. Laughed a lot in this episode, haha.

A little girl that likes little girls…huh… I like where this is going >:D

Btw, is it just me or was the mouths of the mob characters in sync with whatever Harutora and Kyoko was saying? (About 4 minutes into the show, the part where they were in the classroom and Kyoko was asking a bunch of questions about Tora and Suzuku)
Empty-SkiesDec 11, 2013 4:47 AM
Dec 11, 2013 3:47 AM

Feb 2012
SUZUKA'S BACK!!! She's topping my fav female character ranking! If Hokuto was alive (and as an independent individual, not Natsume controlling her), Suzuka would be second! But since that's not possible, Suzuka is my favorite. Then Kon, then Kyouko.
jbeatDec 11, 2013 3:51 AM
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 11, 2013 5:21 AM

Mar 2011
So he has his own little herem building up huh.

Anyhow, so his hair actually means something, some spell huh? And we now now magic can be sealed. Ima assume his magic was sealed and we will see his true potential later when the spell is removed.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 11, 2013 5:27 AM
Jul 2018
Well that was a really enjoyable episode.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 11, 2013 6:06 AM

Aug 2012
Awesome episode. Really funny. Enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing more of suzuka in the future
Dec 11, 2013 6:58 AM

Oct 2012
I lost my shit with this: http://i.minus.com/i5cpNdZ2GsKxb.gif
Dec 11, 2013 7:46 AM

Jun 2011
Loving Suzuka so much more than i already did. Best girl in the series and Sakura Ayane totally fits her so well, god bless all the loli's she voiced. Great that shes back and cant wait for more comedy involving her.
ArcanaTraceDec 11, 2013 7:52 AM
Dec 11, 2013 8:39 AM

Aug 2008
I don't know about people, but I love this episode. It's so funny I just can't stop grinning.
I didn't like Suzuka when she was featured in the first arc, but unexpectedly, she has become the best girl.
The show was actually unhooking me. Suzuka just saved it the same way Kon did.
Dec 11, 2013 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was freaking hilarious :D

Kon <3
Always-HungryDec 11, 2013 9:04 AM
Dec 11, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode and made me laugh quite a bit.
Dec 11, 2013 10:38 AM

Nov 2013
Funny episode.

I loved those first minutes and all the gang reactions to the kiss. Also, that school is infested with fangirls. They should do a purification ceremony, starting with the dorm ladies who are into yaoi lol.
KaitonDec 11, 2013 10:42 AM

Dec 11, 2013 10:58 AM

Jul 2013
It felt this was the first comedy driven episode I really laughed.
Suzuka's back to troll people.

Things just got more interesting, even tough I feel the lead female don't get the screen time she deserves for being it.
Dec 11, 2013 11:05 AM

May 2013
It is weird how this episode confirms Natsume uses a magic spell to look male. Too bad loli general could easily see thru her invisibility and gender bending spell (the seal probably binds her montrous mana reserve, but that does not mean she forgot all the spells she has already learned). I wonder if we will get to see in a male swimsuit (since all the other students would find it odd otherwise).

To me the episode was mostly funny, I wonder how long until loli general actually grabs Harutora's balls while holding a knife (or vorpal spell) on the other hand lol.
Dec 11, 2013 12:36 PM
Feb 2013
Dufuq, "the Prodigy" is back? Anyways, she looks cute.

I still don't get why Natsume has to dress like a boy.
Dec 11, 2013 12:39 PM

Aug 2010
I ship Harutora and Suzuka >.< Or Kon :P

She's so kawaiii <3

Love their Honey and Darling moments and how she announced the thing about the first kiss <3
Dec 11, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2010
Suzuka, you monster xD
and Touji is enjoying himself a bit too much..."that fateful festival night" *cue for fangirl-mode Tenma*

best thing of the ep tho, dat murderous glare
CatastrophicDec 11, 2013 3:23 PM
Dec 11, 2013 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
It was a really funny episode. Suzuka's teasing was really entertaining and I do hope it continues.
Dec 11, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
It is going to be an interesting school year for them now.

Great episode!!!
Dec 11, 2013 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
Aaah Suzuka. Dem glorious, glorious curls. The lolicon loli also makes an appearance. The next few eps will be slow paced because it's that kind of arc. Once this one finishes though is when sh*t hits the fan. And then Tokyo Ravens will never be the same again...

For those who want action please don't expect too much in this latest arc but have a little patience and wait for the next one. You wont be disappointed.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.