Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2013 11:23 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This time the episode centers arroung Powa Powa Puririn and a fashion show to wixh they have to find a replacement for one of their members!!
Is also stated that PowaPuri is one of the best units of the moment, understabdable since Ichigo and Mizuki left their units in favor of personalachievement.

Good thing is that at least the song sounds new (at least for me, i dont remeber it from earlier episodes), and the coreography is quiet, for an also quiet song (kind of).

But i do miss some problem or tension to develop in the series. At the first season it was fine just being cute, but if i have to stay for another +50 episodes just for idols being cute-my-life-so-happy idols, i don't think i can go too much further.
KinetaJan 14, 2014 6:07 AM
Dec 6, 2013 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
Zaraquiel99 said:
-
Good thing is that at least the song sounds new (at least for me, i don't remember it from earlier episodes), and the choreography is quiet, for an also quiet song (kind of).

Yeah it wasn't new. It was used in "Off Time" from season 1. But I think this is only the second episode has been in. I have listened to it a lot though, since it was on the 4th insert song album.

I agree the lack of conflict, or even direction, of this season is kind of troubling. With season one Mizuki was always on the horizon, and there was the "mystery" about Masquerade and the groundskeeper. This season is literally just all the characters having fun with their "rivals". I mean the show is never going to get actually dramatic, but I would like to know where it is going at least.

Next episode looks good~ New girl.
Dec 7, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2011
It's been so long since we've seen Kaede. She sure fits into the group, and would be great if she join.

While we did get aikatsu time on Powa Powa Puririn, I wonder if we'll get Soleil back in action, as their activities are short lived. I miss Star Anis as well.

Its hard to accept that Otome is the starlight queen, which I think Ichigo is more deserving of that title. I'm hoping she'll be one before this season ends.
Dec 7, 2013 11:54 AM

Jul 2008
Magito said:

Its hard to accept that Otome is the starlight queen, which I think Ichigo is more deserving of that title. I'm hoping she'll be one before this season ends.

Ichigo was in America when the incoming third years held the competition to become the Starlight Queen. So there won't be another chance. However, I still think Otome winning is really unlikely. Aoi or Ran would have won (even Yurika would probably have beat Otome).

But unfortunately, due to the time skip in the show, we just have to take the claims that they have all "grown so much as idols this past year" at face value.
Dec 7, 2013 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
So...Tristar and Soleil existed for a few months - and some of that time was Star Anis - and then vanished? Poor Tristar is probably never coming back, but what about Soleil? They're all sticking together now.

And yeah, since the beginning I've found it odd that Otome became Starlight Queen (the academy must have really been facing hard times). What about Ran? Aoi? Some other third-year? Even Yurika probably would have been a better choice, and she had the Tristar experience to back up her popularity and all.
Dec 7, 2013 4:50 PM

Apr 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Magito said:

Ichigo was in America when the incoming third years held the competition to become the Starlight Queen. So there won't be another chance. However, I still think Otome winning is really unlikely. Aoi or Ran would have won (even Yurika would probably have beat Otome).

But unfortunately, due to the time skip in the show, we just have to take the claims that they have all "grown so much as idols this past year" at face value.

Well, that sucks. As I really want Ichigo to be the queen.

I'm also wondering why Aoi or even Ran did not won. Maybe they didn't participate?

with that said, I'm confuse if the trio is working as Soleil group or not. If not, I hope they come back as Soleil again. I know they're always together, but not being call as Soleil again is a bit saddenning. Also I want a Star Anis back, maybe half way through the series.
Dec 8, 2013 10:50 AM

Jul 2008
Magito said:

with that said, I'm confuse if the trio is working as Soleil group or not. If not, I hope they come back as Soleil again. I know they're always together, but not being call as Soleil again is a bit saddenning. Also I want a Star Anis back, maybe half way through the series.

I don't think Star Anis will ever be together again. Mizuki is working at Dream Academy, and also Seira and Kii (and starting next ep more Dream Academy idols) are important this season. I doubt the show would throw together an old idol unit and not include some of the new girls. Not that I want that, either...
Dec 10, 2013 6:08 AM

Apr 2011
I guess, the only thing I can do is enjoy the series as it is. Hopefully, it goes in the right direction. The competition between the rivals are too friendly, but then again its a kids anime.
Dec 10, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
Magito said:
I guess, the only thing I can do is enjoy the series as it is. Hopefully, it goes in the right direction. The competition between the rivals are too friendly, but then again its a kids anime.

What I am more concerned about (even though I could always you know, not watch it) is the future. If Aikatsu becomes a franchise like Pretty Rhythm or something, it could go beyond two seasons. The third season would probably even start shifting out main characters or have a new generation. I don't think I would be into that.
Dec 12, 2013 6:23 PM

Mar 2011
Kii looked too younger at the beginning of the episode.
Seems like Kaede fits better the group than Shion.
Weak episode, since it was about PowaPuri.
Apr 13, 2014 2:08 AM

Jun 2011
I liked that rainbow effect around Kaede, the song was okay.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 30, 2014 10:40 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So this is what Powa Puririn does. Although it wasn't all fun and games, Otome was practicing the choreography with Sakura at night.

Kaede makes her new unit debut with style. Comes out the box lol

Kaede is a nice addition to Powa Powa Puririn, 4 girl unit wouldn't be bad imo.
Otome, Sakura, Kaede, Shion,

Jun 16, 2017 8:31 AM

Dec 2012
PowaPuri seemed more like a running joke when they first made it, but now it's become another part of Aikatsu's charm. Carefree and warm best describe it, their appeal is completely organic and Otome is maximum LOVE YOU.
Sep 8, 2021 12:02 AM

Feb 2020
Powapowa-Puririn is the best thing in this show at the moment.

"The Ruler of Darkness Yurika-sama featuring PowaPuri!" That would have been awesome!

SerafosMar 2, 8:35 AM
Jan 30, 9:35 AM

May 2019
Ah, it's Powapowa Puririn time. Their unit is always so carefree and fun. It's been awhile Kaede finally show up ever since Tristar was disbanded.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
Yesterday, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.