Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
1. Seeing mikuru beg mizuki to see her off at the airport was so cute

2. It's a bit sad to see ichigo, ran, & especially aoi (my fav) be reduced to secondary chars for S3. im growing to like akari tho

3. I'm 25 years old & I never thought I'd make it to episode 101 of a kid show based on idols. All the characters are likeable, even the most annoying char kii-chan as well.

8/10 for this episode
9/10 for S2
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Sep 25, 2014 12:29 PM
Feb 2014
In the end Ichigo as main character didn't manage to become top idol. If Akari will beat Ichigo in Aikatsu ranking someday, then this show deserves 0/10. Fingers crossed for S3...
Sep 26, 2014 3:33 AM

Jul 2008
I really liked this episode. Akari is a character I can get behind 100%. Unlike a lot of the idols, *cough* every fucking single DreAca character *cough*, Akari isn't a natural perfect star. She has to practice singing and dancing to even have a passable performance. The road to becoming a top idol will be way more meaningful for her than like, Mikuru or Seira, who just popped up out of nowhere and took the top rankings.

I am so excited (fingers crossed, anyway) for the DreAca girls to disappear. Or be changed to like tertiary characters.

@billybob: Wow, a 9 for this season seems pretty high. I thought season one was much better and I would have only given that one an 8 or so. The DreAca arc, or the first half of this season, was just awful for me. Constant ties, perfect characters coming out of nowhere that were freakishly similar/paired with the current idols, the rivalry that was nothing but...I am just glad the second half of this season was more tolerable.

I hope that S3 is good D:

Also I bought tickets to the Aikatsu movie a few days ago :)
Sep 27, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2011
So S2 really ends here. A bit disappointing Ichigo didn't become top idol. At least she defeated Mizuki for once.

As I said before, I still like the first season the best. The moment Seira came out and defeated Ichigo who's just a fresh new idol compared to an experience one, felt totally odd. DreaAca idols and their principal wasn't likable. I almost drop the show because of them.

Anyway, the Soleil girls suddenly popping out and joining Akari's performance was great! Good to see those three perform again. I wanted to see more Soleil, but instead gave focus on the DreaAca girls on the first half.

I like Akari, she's interesting. She reminds me of Ichigo when she was starting. Watching the newbie idol struggle and perservere through countless tries, doing her best makes me want to cheer her on. Seeing her slowly grow will be enjoying to watch.

I still think Ichigo should be the Starlight Queen.

Oh well. I'm excited for next week.
MagitoSep 28, 2014 10:36 AM
Sep 28, 2014 2:22 AM

Sep 2012
That last episode is perfect. We're really feeling that Akari is now the main character.
Sep 28, 2014 6:05 AM

Feb 2011
Great episode to close the 2nd season.
Overall, I think the 2nd season was almost as good as the first, but the first still has more charm to it. I'm still keeping my 10.
Sep 28, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
GarLogan78 said:
Akari isn't a natural perfect star. She has to practice singing and dancing to even have a passable performance. The road to becoming a top idol will be way more meaningful for her than like, Mikuru or Seira, who just popped up out of nowhere and took the top rankings.

Though I agree with you about Seira I personally had no problem with Mikuru random debut. My reason? Because peope like Mikuru actually exist in real life. Believe it or not, Mikuru is a realistic character in contrast to the rest of the characters despite her appearance seeming otherwise. This is because there are some people who are just naturally talented who are yet to be discovered. Just like there are people like Akari who have to work their buts off (much more than people like Mikuru) there are people who are just born with the genetic blueprint to succeed in show business. Though Seira is a completely unrealistic character because her absolute tone crap or whatever has nothing to do with whether she can be a good idol. She appeared as if she was just like every other student who had potential but was not some amazing superstar yet somehow she managed to measure up to Ichigo. Mikuru though was a girl who worked in a flower shop and was randomly discovered to have what it takes to be an idol and in the end she decided we wanted to stay dedicated to gardening. I believe her journey was meaningful in its own sense because sometimes having the natural talent for something does not mean that is the way we want to go in life.

In conclusion, I believe Mikuru's character showed the other side of Aikatsu that had not been seen. The natural talent side along with the side that shows that not everyone desires to be an idol. I just wish she got more development. Mikuru >>>>>>> DreAca girls though I have a soft spot for Sora.
[center][/center]
Sep 28, 2014 2:22 PM

Oct 2011
billybob300c said:
3. I'm 25 years old & I never thought I'd make it to episode 101 of a kid show based on idols. All the characters are likeable, even the most annoying char kii-chan as well.
When I was 25 I also thought that - now 10 seasons of Precure, 2 seasons of Aikatsu and few other shows for little girls I don't mind it at all. Actually I like those way more than some "adult" anime.

---
So it ends - I actually liked second season. sure there was that Mizuki thing at the end, which was pretty weak (as it was in season 1) but in general it was fun.

now it's time for Akari and I'm glad for it. normal character, not some prodigy like Ichigo might be fun. someone who needs to work hard to get on the top :)
I do hope that new girls bring some humor. I will be missing Yurika :( on the bright side no Raichi :D
Sep 28, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2012
I'm not ready for the Akari episodes I really am not ready at all.
The ending of this episode actually made me tear up, that's how not-ready I am for this.
Sep 29, 2014 12:15 AM

Jun 2008
GarLogan78 said:
I really liked this episode. Akari is a character I can get behind 100%. Unlike a lot of the idols, *cough* every fucking single DreAca character *cough*, Akari isn't a natural perfect star. She has to practice singing and dancing to even have a passable performance. The road to becoming a top idol will be way more meaningful for her than like, Mikuru or Seira, who just popped up out of nowhere and took the top rankings.

I am so excited (fingers crossed, anyway) for the DreAca girls to disappear. Or be changed to like tertiary characters.

It's like you read my mind.

I really hope the DreAca people gtfo and stfo.

Dalek-baka said:
billybob300c said:
When I was 25 I also thought that - now 10 seasons of Precure, 2 seasons of Aikatsu and few other shows for little girls I don't mind it at all. Actually I like those way more than some "adult" anime.

Being able to watch and love kid's shows is how you know you're an adult.
Sep 29, 2014 12:53 AM

Jul 2008
vitaxlilium said:
GarLogan78 said:
Akari isn't a natural perfect star. She has to practice singing and dancing to even have a passable performance. The road to becoming a top idol will be way more meaningful for her than like, Mikuru or Seira, who just popped up out of nowhere and took the top rankings.

Though I agree with you about Seira I personally had no problem with Mikuru random debut. My reason? Because peope like Mikuru actually exist in real life. Believe it or not, Mikuru is a realistic character in contrast to the rest of the characters despite her appearance seeming otherwise. This is because there are some people who are just naturally talented who are yet to be discovered. Just like there are people like Akari who have to work their buts off (much more than people like Mikuru) there are people who are just born with the genetic blueprint to succeed in show business. Though Seira is a completely unrealistic character because her absolute tone crap or whatever has nothing to do with whether she can be a good idol. She appeared as if she was just like every other student who had potential but was not some amazing superstar yet somehow she managed to measure up to Ichigo. Mikuru though was a girl who worked in a flower shop and was randomly discovered to have what it takes to be an idol and in the end she decided we wanted to stay dedicated to gardening. I believe her journey was meaningful in its own sense because sometimes having the natural talent for something does not mean that is the way we want to go in life.

In conclusion, I believe Mikuru's character showed the other side of Aikatsu that had not been seen. The natural talent side along with the side that shows that not everyone desires to be an idol. I just wish she got more development. Mikuru >>>>>>> DreAca girls though I have a soft spot for Sora.

I actually have no problem with Mikuru either, I was just using her as an example of someone else who was "perfect" without really having to work at it. I can't place why I like her but loathe the DreAca girls though. You are right though, there are people out there who just haven't been discovered. I also find Mikuru more believable because Mizuki picked her, and you know Mizuki knows what she is doing, lol. (But Mizuki also helped make DreAca? Whatever.)

~~~

Off topic, something I just remembered that has been bugging me for like 25 episodes.

I am glad they completely dropped this storyline, but what the hell was with that "scandal" episode? That reporter/photographer guy knew DreAca had a secret (probably the Mizuki relation) but...it just never showed up again? And once Mizuki met Ichigo that one time and talked about the past year, it was never brought up again and then she quit to be in WM.

Ugh the first 25 episodes of this season was such a train wreck. The more I think about it the worse it gets.
Sep 29, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
GarLogan78 said:
I actually have no problem with Mikuru either, I was just using her as an example of someone else who was "perfect" without really having to work at it. I can't place why I like her but loathe the DreAca girls though. You are right though, there are people out there who just haven't been discovered. I also find Mikuru more believable because Mizuki picked her, and you know Mizuki knows what she is doing, lol. (But Mizuki also helped make DreAca? Whatever.)

~~~

Off topic, something I just remembered that has been bugging me for like 25 episodes.

I am glad they completely dropped this storyline, but what the hell was with that "scandal" episode? That reporter/photographer guy knew DreAca had a secret (probably the Mizuki relation) but...it just never showed up again? And once Mizuki met Ichigo that one time and talked about the past year, it was never brought up again and then she quit to be in WM.

Ugh the first 25 episodes of this season was such a train wreck. The more I think about it the worse it gets.

LMAO The scandal episode was so stupid. What made me really angry was how they dared compare Seira to Yurika. Yurika was a REAL scandal because it conflicted with the persona she constantly showed to the public and even when she was alone which Mizuki noticed in S1 when she needed to replace Ran in Tristar. Seira is rocker type girl. Ok...? That's not a persona.
[center][/center]
Sep 30, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2008
vitaxlilium said:

LMAO The scandal episode was so stupid. What made me really angry was how they dared compare Seira to Yurika. Yurika was a REAL scandal because it conflicted with the persona she constantly showed to the public and even when she was alone which Mizuki noticed in S1 when she needed to replace Ran in Tristar. Seira is rocker type girl. Ok...? That's not a persona.

Haha exactly. "Oh no, what if the world finds out that Seira, who sang a rock song that one time, also likes cats???"
Oct 1, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2007
I don't know how to describe this episode. Was a really lazy episode. Now what?

For now, I won't watch more Aikatsu episodes, I really don't like too much Akari as a character and this second season was really bad, comparing with the first season.

I will really miss the Starlight trio and I won't miss the quartet of dream Academy, but to be honest, from DA, Sora was my favourite.
Dec 17, 2014 11:33 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Akari is one of my favorite new girls. She didn't jump into the spotlight like the DreAca girls. She has to constantly keep practicing just to stay in SA, and get more Aikatsu work. Plus, she isn't a natural singer or dancer, she had to take lessons to improve.

Now if there is one girl who I disliked the most because of how quickly she became good is Mikuru. She just suddenly appeared, had no Idol experience, was a regular garden worker, and she somehow gets in the Top 5 Aikatsu ranking. Oh but Ran who has way more experience and leads the Model rankings isn't even near Top 5.

Mikuru has it easy, just stick with Mizuki and you'll be in top 5 in no time.

Good thing Akari got her episode a couple episodes back. It saves an episode for the next season where it can be used for something else. Anyway, I'm anxious to see what Akari's Aikatsu will be.

GO AKARI!!!

Mar 3, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2008
lol that flashback to Mizuki's concert. I can't believe how far the animation has come for the concert scenes.
Sep 21, 2015 4:18 AM

Apr 2010
I liked the 2nd season. Akari is cute in her own way :) Also, the concerts' animation really gets better and better. Now, it's time for the 3rd season. ♥
Mar 23, 2017 7:13 AM

Nov 2012
This season is was bad overall.

Pros:
-Akari being introduced
-The like 3-5 episodes I actually liked from the second half

Cons:
-THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF
-All the DreAca idols
-Ichigo/Seira rivalry (Seira shouldn't stand a chance against Ichigo)
-The constant ties between Ichigo and Seira
-Constant units being made only to disband like an episode later.
-Mikuru being able form a unit with Mizuki when she should be no where near her level.

5/10 for S2.

Atleast S3 will focus on Akari so hopefully the magic from S1 will return cause S2 was a drag and chore to watch and I lost so much interest in this series because of it.
Mar 30, 2018 10:52 AM

Jul 2015
What an amazing set of episodes to end this second part of Aikatsu, I love to see how Akari admires Ichigo the same way she did for Mizuki, how they shine inspire others to try their best to reach them.

I had a blast with all this part, the DreAca characters were lovable and Ichigo keeps putting a good fight to catch up to Mizuki, her duo with Seira was wonderful.

Let's see if Akari keeps the level! I definitely really like her already.
May 8, 2021 9:53 PM

Nov 2012

Interesting how S2's finale mirrors...
Sep 12, 2021 3:39 AM

Feb 2020
Sweet and emotional final episode to the second season.

I don't understand all the hatred towards DreAca. I liked Maria, Kii, Sora and Seira a lot. I think Mikuru was also a nice character. I hope one day she'll become the world's best gardener. :)

Maybe this season wasn't as charming and magical as the first season, but there's not much to complain about either. There was only one episode I didn't like at all.

I'm going to miss DreAca. Well, I hope Akari and the new girls can make a strong third season.

SerafosMar 2, 8:53 AM
Feb 5, 3:48 AM

May 2019
Akari concert with Soleil was really good especially the dance moves from the OP. Now they have passed the baton to the Akari. This particular season is terrible but I'm really looking forward to Akari's journey to the top idol. I have to give this season a 4/10.
VivaceRexFeb 6, 4:58 AM

Feb 11, 7:28 PM
Aug 2019
I really really liked this season!!!!!!! Not as much as the first one, being honest, but i don't think it was as bad as a lot of people in this thread seem to think lol. I don't understand the hatred to DreAca girls, i absolutely loved all of them!! They could have been fleshed out more, yeah, but i didnt thought any of them were unlikable. Particularly my favorite was Kii, i wish she did more idol stuff besides the producer side lol.

And I absolutely loved this baton touch!!!! The Ichigo and Akari chasing scene was so like them and the conversation afterwards was so cute. The way they appeared in the concert surprised me too but it made me happy lol And on that, i love how when they are dancing side by side you can notice that Akari's dancing is weaker than Soleil, i love that little details of the performances, it makes them feel so alive! I can't wait to see Akari as protagonist, can absolutely tell she'll be my favorite!!! Tho i'm a bit sad that she won't get 100 episodes like Ichigo did lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 178 Discussion

megmica - Mar 31, 2016

37 by VivaceRex »»
Feb 17, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.