Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 21, 2013 1:42 AM

Jan 2011
I think any episode with a nine-tailed fox making an appearance has to be good... We now see just how much power she actually has when she's not snapping cosplay photographs to sell. This one was better than most episodes, but continuity is a problem.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 21, 2013 1:51 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode, I felt like this had some really nice pacing. My only qualm is how fast Sakura got over her hatred for Mirai... of course, sometimes that's just how things go I suppose. Sakura's surprisingly got a pretty funny personality... didn't expect her to be lazy, sadistic/playful, and understanding, but I like the development nonetheless.
lament-flower said:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/bdodw4.jpg
Hmmm...Is the boy on the right supposed to be Hiromi?
It's probably just a boy who looks like him, but it'd be nice if they went more into what happened to Akihito as a kid. And who his father is.

Laciie said:
My theory that Akkey afflicted those scars on Hiroomi's back still sticks.

I agree, it makes a ton of sense.
Wow, I didn't notice that at all, granted I'm fairly tired atm. Honestly looking at that kid, I'd find it hard to believe it's just a coincidental resemblance, especially since a few seconds later we see that same kid lying face down and bleeding everywhere, which would definitely go with the theory about Akkey giving him those scars on his back. I wonder if he killed that other kid... Hiromi did seem to have something against him before.
Nov 21, 2013 4:41 AM

Mar 2013
Ahahahaha. This anime started out as shit but I am SO GLAD I decided to stick with it. I can't believe how good it is now. More action & magic battle scenes and less SOL, please!
Nov 21, 2013 6:10 AM

Oct 2007
Good episode and Izumi was just awesome how she took them down like a boss xD

I think the latest flashback from Akkey it makes it more clearer that he was the one who attacked Hiromi given the guy laying down in the pool of blood was waering a scarf.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2013 7:21 AM

Nov 2010
Was that Yuuta saying the marriage line? xD
Very nice action scenes and Youmu appearance

Aya as a 9 tail fox?

The background story about the title Nase family and Spirit warriors was nice too
I get a mixed feeling though with this seriousness and lighthearted moments combined
It's hard to get focused this way
Nov 21, 2013 7:31 AM

Feb 2012
Good Episode. Everything's starting to build up for the Major Turn up and slamdown of the show.
Nov 21, 2013 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
Pretty impressive sakuga in this episode. The part with Izumi fighting youmu is awesome.

Still not quite used to Sakura getting so close to Mirai so quickly, though I still enjoy their interaction on the train platform (with Akihito) and how Sakura said she could tell if Mirai is telling the truth when she said "Fuyuukai desu".

And many people may not like it, but the super-moe overload Hamutaro antics by Akihito's mom still got me burst out laughing - and yes I indeed reran it 2 more times X-D

I wonder though: If Nagi (anything to do with Nagi no Asukara? LOL) means the power of youmu drops substantially, why are we seeing more of them instead of they hiding away since they are so much weakened during Nagi time?

And I am not sure if there is another anime that uses the biggest enemy's name as its title.... Imagine Madoka being named Walpurgisnacht LOL
symbvNov 21, 2013 10:29 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 21, 2013 10:24 AM

Sep 2012
Noooooooo Akihito! Why did this happen to you?
Can't wait for next week
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Nov 21, 2013 10:42 AM

Nov 2012
hmm i wasn't so impressed with this episode unlike everyone else. but that's maybe just because i don't really care about this show anymore at this point
Nov 21, 2013 11:17 AM
Jan 2011
Wooo, Akihito turning into something.
Nov 21, 2013 11:18 AM

Feb 2011
He's about to go full Kyuubi mode on those b*tches.
Nov 21, 2013 11:35 AM

Apr 2010
So things are starting to heat up and it seems the plot from the Spirit warrior is starting to slow question is who is doing what and for what reason.
It's seems Izami did something but the question is with which reason, it's already suspicious she got the Hollow but not she seemed to have attacked Akki, or at least make him change.
And why is she keeping Mirai around, many questions that need to be answered.
Nov 21, 2013 11:47 AM

Oct 2007
silverwalls said:
hmm i wasn't so impressed with this episode unlike everyone else. but that's maybe just because i don't really care about this show anymore at this point

Yeah basically how I feel. Its botched so many things up to this point that it can only go so far at this stage. Everything just has such quick and easy resolutions in this show I don't particularly expect anything this arc brings to be any different. Its just hard to get truly excited about anything in this episode, I mean there's some okay moments but I just don't particularly happens to any of the cast at this point, they're all just a bunch of fetish aficionados to me at this point. A couple of meh action sequences is hardly enough to change my impression of the show either but I guess its better than more bad discussions about fetishes and such. At best it seems this show is only capable of stark mediocrity.

@zannet_t: All of that kind of happened in one episode and was never really followed up on and frankly I just don't really see it. All there discussions as I said have been him belittling her objectifying her with his glasses fetish etc. Yeah they shared an experience or two but I never felt like they've developed a natural meaningful relationship at any point that is tangible throughout the series of particularly noteworthy. This show again just kind of seems to skip past portions of development or events and have quick and easy resolutions to things that ought to be given more focus and not just with the whole Sakura thing. If this is peoples standard for quality character development then it is what it is but I don't really buy a single relationship in this show aside from the sibling one because its genetic.

Its a shame they waste so much time on repeating the same old bad fetish comedy dialogues over and over again that could be used to give the characters meaningful exchanges that would make me care about them a little more. It'd go such a long way in making the show at least passable for the most part instead of quite poor. Already I think if you ditched the bad comedy you'd probably get at least another episode or two worth of time to focus on character development and smoothing out some of the transitions between scenes, but eh what's done is done.
PeacingOutNov 21, 2013 12:05 PM
Nov 21, 2013 3:30 PM

Nov 2012
"Sparkle."Dat Sakura with glasses<3.

Yay,Akihito's mom<3

Bunny Mirai<3.

Lull=dreamshades in weaken state.

"Kyoukai no Kanata" dreamshade.

"Onii-chan" Moe Mitsuki.

The lull action was pretty cool.Izumi is pretty badass.

Ohh shit youmu Akihito awakens...
Nov 21, 2013 3:34 PM

Aug 2008
Shindo Naomi's/Ayaka's voice kinda does things to me.

I really like this series. Love the Nase family dynamic. Friggin' Akihito and Hroomi are some pair.
Nov 21, 2013 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
Kirky said:
Shindo Naomi's/Ayaka's voice kinda does things to me.

I know how you feel. Ayaka became my favorite character since episode 1 mostly because she has a voice of a goddess. That and her beautiful character design :x
Nov 21, 2013 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
Am I the only one here that thinks Izumi is trying to kill Akihito, or that she has some other means for him?
Nov 21, 2013 5:14 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Izumi Nase is such a boss beating all those yomu's in one go. Akihito's yomu side is starting to take over.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2012
Average episode. Great OST, directing and animation as usual, but the plot was all over the place. Wish this show could be two-cour so it would have better pacing and have more content in the story. I don't like the whole 3-episode arc thing.
Nov 21, 2013 6:25 PM

Jun 2013
The badass Akihito awakens! Control that power, dude :)
Nov 21, 2013 6:26 PM

Aug 2008
Lol, so it seems like I really care for no one in this show except for my minority dreamshade appraisin' sistas. Ayaka's so badass, I absolutely love it.
Nov 21, 2013 6:57 PM

Apr 2012
Looks like Akihito is gonna go beast-mode again... Awesome.
Nov 21, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2013
Loving Izumi and now Akkey is transforming :D
Nov 21, 2013 8:30 PM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Its a shame they waste so much time on repeating the same old bad fetish comedy dialogues over and over again that could be used to give the characters meaningful exchanges that would make me care about them a little more.
On the other hand, I don't mind seeing those comedy dialogues if they are executed well and I think it is the case here. Same? Maybe. Bad? Nyah. Though I agree that more can be done to develop the characters better.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 21, 2013 10:32 PM

Nov 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
Great episode, I felt like this had some really nice pacing. My only qualm is how fast Sakura got over her hatred for Mirai... of course, sometimes that's just how things go I suppose. Sakura's surprisingly got a pretty funny personality... didn't expect her to be lazy, sadistic/playful, and understanding, but I like the development nonetheless.
lament-flower said:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/bdodw4.jpg
Hmmm...Is the boy on the right supposed to be Hiromi?
It's probably just a boy who looks like him, but it'd be nice if they went more into what happened to Akihito as a kid. And who his father is.

Laciie said:
My theory that Akkey afflicted those scars on Hiroomi's back still sticks.

I agree, it makes a ton of sense.
Wow, I didn't notice that at all, granted I'm fairly tired atm. Honestly looking at that kid, I'd find it hard to believe it's just a coincidental resemblance, especially since a few seconds later we see that same kid lying face down and bleeding everywhere, which would definitely go with the theory about Akkey giving him those scars on his back. I wonder if he killed that other kid... Hiromi did seem to have something against him before.

Why the hell would the kid in the first scene be Hiroomi? I know the person lying on the floor is definitely Hiroomi because he's wearing a scarf and it's not showing his back probably because its all fucked up from Akihito. Hiroomi has something against Akihito because Mitsuki said Akihito almost killed Hiroomi.
Nov 21, 2013 11:01 PM

Feb 2010
The action and animation continue to be stellar... and I'm enjoying the plot, although at times it seems convoluted.

Akihito's obsession with ladies in glasses always makes me lol as does his mom.

IZUMI = badass.

Akkey's had a rough time :(
Nov 21, 2013 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
ehhh so when the calm happens, war breaks out between youmu and spirit world warriors huh.... and another Onii-chan scene hahahah!
Nov 21, 2013 11:03 PM

Apr 2013
the ost reminds me of shinsekai yori
Nov 22, 2013 1:38 AM

Jun 2010
Shizuku looked like she was having a great time. I don't like that Miroku.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2013 1:50 AM

Sep 2013
Akihito and Mirai probably met because they were made too. Mirai will probably be tasked to kill Akihito coz in the preview she said she wish they've never met.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 22, 2013 4:31 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The plot is made ​​even more interesting due to new clues, and poses many questions.
Narrative that is tinged with dark atmosphere and humor! Very nice this episode.
This arch is going great!
Animations and very nice, it would be nice to see even more vicious monsters in the drawings as per the trasormazioni of the characters, except Ai! LOL
I hope there is some explanation and something that would be more on so-called Kyoukai no Kanata! : D
Nov 22, 2013 7:03 AM

Apr 2013
A very intense episode.

It looks like the enemy is after Akihito Youmu.
Nov 22, 2013 7:47 AM
Jan 2013
Sigh. This series is losing its direction. Seriously, enemy suddenly becoming comical relief with god awful direction and transition of character.

Seriously. Kyoani, get another script writer or series director who are actually capable of advancing serious stories lol.
Nov 22, 2013 12:55 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
The suspense is good, excited for next episode
doesn't Aya's youmu form look like the horse bijuu from Naruto?
Nov 22, 2013 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
The characters still feel forced and are shit but at least the story has gained some good quality. If this keeps up like this this anime might not turn out as bad as I expected it to be. Im actually looking forward to the next episode for once.
Nov 22, 2013 5:35 PM
Jul 2013
Interesting to know about "The Quiet." Now to wait descenlace history.
Nov 22, 2013 5:41 PM
Sep 2012
is Izumi bad or not? kinda confused on what side she is on. and as soon as i saw Akkey open his eyes at the end i just said "shit". this might get bad real fast.
Nov 22, 2013 6:48 PM

Nov 2012
I don't care if Izumi is bad or not, damn she's so fine! she's badass, I'm in love with her!

“Fools who don’t respect the past are likely to repeat it.” – Nico Robin
Nov 22, 2013 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
Goodness Izumi is more badass than i thought she'd be. Also wow that ending.
Seems like Izumi is hiding something though.
Also Mitsuki's "onii-chan!" is the cutest thing ever. Also, a sleepy Akkey is <3 hnngh
Nov 22, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2013
This anime just keeps on getting better and better :) Defenitally one of my favorites this season! :)
Nov 22, 2013 7:43 PM

Jun 2010
Kitchiri said:
Sigh. This series is losing its direction. Seriously, enemy suddenly becoming comical relief with god awful direction and transition of character.

Seriously. Kyoani, get another script writer or series director who are actually capable of advancing serious stories lol.
Nov 22, 2013 9:55 PM

Aug 2013
Yay!! Akihito/Mirai combo x2!!! I love these two together. Episode wasn't too exciting but there's gonna be some obv action and build up in the next few eps. Almost close to the ending !! \[ ^0^ ]/
Nov 22, 2013 11:42 PM

Oct 2007
baki502 said:
The characters still feel forced and are shit but at least the story has gained some good quality. If this keeps up like this this anime might not turn out as bad as I expected it to be. Im actually looking forward to the next episode for once.

I wouldn't get your hopes up to much buddy.

symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Its a shame they waste so much time on repeating the same old bad fetish comedy dialogues over and over again that could be used to give the characters meaningful exchanges that would make me care about them a little more.
On the other hand, I don't mind seeing those comedy dialogues if they are executed well and I think it is the case here. Same? Maybe. Bad? Nyah. Though I agree that more can be done to develop the characters better.

How? it's incredibly basic and repetitive on top of it, it's just the same jokes over and over again that aren't really jokes. Fuyukai Desu, I love glasses, My Kawaii imouto...it wasn't funny the first time so why is it going to be funny the 8th time. If this is well executed humor then frankly there is no such thing as the opposite. This is like this seasons Dog x Scissors in terms of how it goes about trying to be funny and if I want to go back even further, Excel Saga.

Kitchiri said:

Kyoani needs to stop just giving people positions because they feel they're due for it within the company or because they've worked with them before and start actually finding the best people they can for particular jobs absolutely. It's one of the biggest things holding them back right now. IMO all of their best efforts story development wise have been when they have worked directly with the authors of the source material who have experience or Shoji Gatoh who is an established and seasoned novelist.

They just seem so ill-equipped to handle anything more heavy than the likes of what we see in Tamako Market. It comes up again and again in how they bungle dramatic elements of their recent shows and/or mix up messages or fail to recognize and properly use running themes and keep them consistent. I'm not sure if they just don't care where developments should logically lead and where the transitions should come in, but if I had to pick one word to describe the situation, they seem "overmatched" to even meet the basic standards of a what a dramatic story should be.
PeacingOutNov 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Nov 23, 2013 12:56 AM

Aug 2012
The first episode which actually entertained me a lot. Can't wait what will happen next that Akkey is going berserk.
Nov 23, 2013 1:10 AM

Aug 2012
eminagnam said:
Disappointed. I had expected something unique or shocking beyond the boundary. It was just like another routine battle and episode.

Haters gonna be haters.
Nov 23, 2013 1:11 AM

Aug 2012
Extrieve said:
Good episode, Mirai showing her feels towards Akihito!

Yeah, finally!!
Nov 23, 2013 3:09 AM

Apr 2009
Haters gon' hate.

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Nov 23, 2013 4:06 AM

Aug 2012
Izumi.. she was amazing. I hope she's not an enemy.

Sakura was so adorable in this episode.

and i bet Hiroomi is envy of Yakiimo, since that youmu can hide inside such a tight place :p

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 23, 2013 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
Haha, Akihito has nothing better to do with his time and his mom has no shame haha :P

I can never get tired of Hiroomi's bahaviour with Mitsuki :) and Izumi is too awesome in battle, I think Akihito is the only one stronger than her :D Would love to see him be able to control his dangerous form at will :)
ShanaFlameNov 23, 2013 4:59 AM
Nov 23, 2013 7:35 AM

Oct 2011
Oh damn the plot thickens!!!!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.