Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2013 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Hakuryuu ;.; dat childhood.

He just went badass as well this episode. I'd say that Madaura got what she deserved though. Guess that settles it though. Dat confession. DAT KISS: http://i.imgur.com/0M2mN1i.png

I'm ready for the...

Hell ya, I'm ready. I hope they will adapt this well tbh.
Nov 10, 2013 12:25 AM

Nov 2007
He's damn strong after changing his form. Somehow he got weakened and stopped the berserk. After that was even shocking because the truth about who destroyed pre-kingdom revealed. His mother was?? After he regained that part of the memory, he's even more cruel. Confession being rejected, well, not completely. He left alone.

Wow @ Alibaba's purification to those kids by asking Sinbad's help.

Separation and "Ren Kouha" (Kakki?!) appearance next.
tsubasaloverNov 10, 2013 12:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 10, 2013 2:10 AM

Jun 2011
DAMN!
That beheading totally caught me off guard.
So he hates his mom eh, but with that flashback his mom seems so nice at first when its the complete opposite.
That kiss had me saying NOOO inside well at least she didn't leave with him.
Nov 10, 2013 3:09 AM

Jul 2012
WOW! A lot happened in this episode. The team went down a member, and that KISS really shocked her system. XD

Great episode!!!
Nov 10, 2013 3:10 AM
Dec 2012
Wow that execution! His rage against her was understandable. His backstory on his mother deserved some sympathy. Aladdin was wise. Indeed hatred wouldn't cease by hatred. Unfortunately Hakuryuu seemed determined though.
Nov 10, 2013 3:16 AM

Dec 2012
That was the most fun watching a single episode of any anime this season so far, hands down. Whoa.
Nov 10, 2013 3:41 AM

Mar 2012
I hate you so much Hakuryuu Ren, he kissed Morgiana?

How unforgivable!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 10, 2013 3:59 AM

May 2009
Fucking piece of shit Zuko Sasugay. I knew it will happen in this episode.

Now excuse me I'm waiting for scanlations of manga because in latest chapter
Nov 10, 2013 4:06 AM

Jun 2013
Why is Magi so perfect? damn great episode
Nov 10, 2013 4:25 AM

Mar 2013
Yo Hakuryu you don't force a kiss on someone when you confess to them...
Nov 10, 2013 4:41 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode, it was directed really well. The dramatic music during the battle scene was great as well. We get more insight in Hakuryuu's goal and his tragic past with his brothers that truly set scars in the young prince's heart. (We didn't see little Haku drenched in blood but that's ok, it must have been a bit too much to show on TV).

Madaura deserved her fate, just die witch. Hakuryuu's harsh words towards the kids reflected his own life and also showed the contrast between him and Alibaba. Good job Alibaba, your kindness and compassion will do you good on your path to become king. I also like that the difference between Aladdin and Sinbad was mentioned. I always found this interesting and important characterization.

Beautiful confession scene, though Morgiana clearly wasn't ready for this, it did came out of the blue after all.

Next episode, the introduction of Kouha Ren, another prince of the Kou Empire.
Nov 10, 2013 4:49 AM

Aug 2010
Absolutely beautiful episode.

Hakuryuu just went totally BA!! Dat execution was stunning! Loved it!! Madaura was all messed up then *Smile* *BAM!* *Decapitated* O_O XD
And loved his flash backs.

Dat confession & Proposal were amazing. And the kiss! Nice seeing a guy with balls but u don't go kissing Mor suddenly like that. Poor Mor when she was crying T_T She was soooo cute though <3<3...Nice touch showing what happened at the end with him promising to propose again.

Also loved how they focused on the contrast between Hakuryuu and Alibaba. It's really nice to see the difference. Seeing Alibaba's kindness was nice.

Aladdin and Hakuryuu's conversation was also awesome. Aladdin is such a wise character for his age. Sometimes I feel he's the most mature out of many in this series. Again with the foreshadowing against Sinbad.

Nxt ep is gonna be friggin hilarious XD...Can't wait hahahah

Btw...I still don't get why Mor stopped Alibaba from going to Hakuryuu so desperately? Anyone got any ideas?

bastek66 said:

WHAT?! WHERE WHERE?!?!?!
Nov 10, 2013 4:51 AM

Aug 2009
bastek66, please no manga stuff beyond anime.
Nov 10, 2013 6:01 AM

Dec 2010
good episode for portraying the humane emotions of the characters properly this time .... the roads have been separated for the company but as aladin said they are fated to cross paths again (and that will be grand !)... this is where magi shines , now waiting for magnostadt arc...

and REN KOUHA appears in next episode !

well do it right this time A1 !
Nov 10, 2013 6:01 AM
Jul 2009
Barion-Zara said:
Btw...I still don't get why Mor stopped Alibaba from going to Hakuryuu so desperately? Anyone got any ideas?

I think Morgiana stopped Alibaba because she needed him to stay with her at that moment. She was feeling pretty bad about Haku going away, but also about being kissed by him, since the one she likes is Alibaba.

All in all, I think it makes sense.
Nov 10, 2013 6:07 AM

Sep 2011
Damnit hakuryuu damn u...great episode 5/5.
Nov 10, 2013 6:35 AM

Sep 2012
Hakuryu's smile before killing Madaura...
Nov 10, 2013 7:07 AM

Jun 2013
In just 1 episode Hakuryu became my favorite Magi character.
Nov 10, 2013 7:16 AM

Aug 2009
KISSS AHHHH KISSSS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Q __ Q
It was more magical then when I read it in the manga T////T

Imma miss you Hakuryu Q _ Q
Hes so sweet with Mor ; _ ;
Nov 10, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2008
OMG! That kiss! That confession!
Why some many series in this week give me such feelings!
This confession was good!
Oh... and that after kiss!

Really... Why?!
I don't want heartbroken Hakuryu!
But I like Alibaba/Mor, too!
and Alibaba/Kougyoku
and Hakuryu/Mor!

This anime give me so many feelings with romance,
that I can't...
Nov 10, 2013 8:10 AM

May 2013
Wow the way Hakuryuu killed Madaura. And that confession from him too.
Nov 10, 2013 8:14 AM

Nov 2011
And thus Hakuryuu turn into Zukosuke.

Dat decapitation scene though. Didn't expect a confession and proposal to come so soon, shippers be crazy.

Shota prince make his appearance next episode.

Nov 10, 2013 9:09 AM
Feb 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
And thus Hakuryuu turn into Zukosuke.

Dat decapitation scene though. Didn't expect a confession and proposal to come so soon, shippers be crazy.

Shota prince make his appearance next episode.

Lol. My thoughts exactly. :-)

The first time I saw him, I thought they mistranslated and it had to be 'princess' and not 'prince'. He sure looks like a girl to me. Guess Togashi isn't the only one with a penchant for bishies in their manga.
Nov 10, 2013 9:54 AM

Mar 2011
That was awesome episode, can't wait for the shota prince in the next episode :D
Nov 10, 2013 10:03 AM

May 2013
Holy crap Hakuryu. He isn't taking shit from anyone. He has developed a lot from when he first appears. Might be one of my favorite characters in the show now. He kissed Morgiana :O. On the other hand, Alibaba with the waterworks again. Although, I bet winning those kids over will become important. I hope he develops more if he ends up with Morgiana instead. Starting to see a love triangle.
Baku219Nov 10, 2013 10:08 AM
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 10, 2013 10:22 AM

Jan 2012
I don't know if in the manga this was more tense or is just because I already knew it. And once again, I felt bad for Hakuryuu and Mor. Now they'll separate ways ):
But Kouha in the next episode yay!
Nov 10, 2013 10:56 AM

Feb 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Absolutely beautiful episode.

Hakuryuu just went totally BA!! Dat execution was stunning! Loved it!! Madaura was all messed up then *Smile* *BAM!* *Decapitated* O_O XD
And loved his flash backs.

Dat confession & Proposal were amazing. And the kiss! Nice seeing a guy with balls but u don't go kissing Mor suddenly like that. Poor Mor when she was crying T_T She was soooo cute though <3<3...Nice touch showing what happened at the end with him promising to propose again.

Also loved how they focused on the contrast between Hakuryuu and Alibaba. It's really nice to see the difference. Seeing Alibaba's kindness was nice.

Aladdin and Hakuryuu's conversation was also awesome. Aladdin is such a wise character for his age. Sometimes I feel he's the most mature out of many in this series. Again with the foreshadowing against Sinbad.

Nxt ep is gonna be friggin hilarious XD...Can't wait hahahah

bastek66 said:

WHAT?! WHERE WHERE?!?!?!

They haven't released the latest one yet! But I am looking forward to it!

And to guess why she doesn't want him to go to see Hakuryu is most likely she rejected him because of Alibaba. Which is why she begged him to not go see him for two reasons.

1. So he doesn't find out about the proposal (possibly her being in love with Alibaba)
2. Ruin the friendship between Hakuryu and Alibaba

Just my personal opinion but all in all a really good episode. Also really enjoying it since they are sticking true to the manga for the most part!
Nov 10, 2013 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
So, no underwater battle in the anime. That wasn't one of my favorite fights in the manga so I'm okay with it being excluded, but doesn't the mother pirate end up shouting about how she hates the kids in the manga for all of them to hear? I felt like that should have been included (unless I'm remembering incorrectly). Still, good stuff with Hakuryuu. I just can't wait for Aladdin to get to Magnostadt because I love the beginning of that arc.
Nov 10, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2010

Those 2 thoughts came to mind too. I felt maybe something else as well. But well they're pretty convincing reasons hehe.
Nov 10, 2013 11:52 AM

Dec 2011
I love how Hakuryu became really cold blooded, and killing Madaura. Damn. And...

I have been waiting for this! Hakuryu proposes and kisses Morgiana!!! Aiyee!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
OMG That scene when Madaura was killed was awesome, I didn't expect that.

Hakuryuu, a relationship can't develop so fast: a confession, a kiss and a propose, all in the same time? Poor Mor, she wasn't expecting that.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Nov 10, 2013 12:43 PM

Aug 2013
I understand Hakuryu's obsession of revenge against his mother but to behead Madaura was brutal cruel! Only because she reminds him of his own mother! That seems very dark and cruel to me even she was cruel herself.

But i still feel bad for Hakuryu though, he has a hard past about his siblings and his cruel mother that tried to kill her own childrens. No wonder that he was so obsessed with revenge!.
Nov 10, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2012
I just thought they should've saved the flashback with his mother until after he killed Madaura. Other than that, this was executed pretty well.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Nov 10, 2013 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
Hakuryu is badass.

bastek66 said:
Fucking piece of shit Zuko Sasugay. I knew it will happen in this episode.

lmao
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2013 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
asekuro said:
I understand Hakuryu's obsession of revenge against his mother but to behead Madaura was brutal cruel! Only because she reminds him of his own mother! That seems very dark and cruel to me even she was cruel herself.

But i still feel bad for Hakuryu though, he has a hard past about his siblings and his cruel mother that tried to kill her own childrens. No wonder that he was so obsessed with revenge!.

Haha. This was acutally pretty light, it was more cruel in the manga.

http://reader.sensescans.com/content/comics/magi__labyrinth_of_magic_4e1cbb4aaed20/131_0_bitter_enemy_50680a6338869/16.png

http://reader.sensescans.com/content/comics/magi__labyrinth_of_magic_4e1cbb4aaed20/131_0_bitter_enemy_50680a6338869/17.png

He literally picks up the head and sets an example to the pirate children. Brutal.
IronLobsterNov 10, 2013 1:18 PM
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Nov 10, 2013 1:41 PM

Oct 2011
Hakuryu flashback T___T

Alibaba Feels to the children T______T

Hakuryu x Morgianna T_____T

My feels are all over the place
Nov 10, 2013 2:29 PM

Dec 2007
Damn DAT beheading scene!! and DAT kiss!
Nov 10, 2013 2:30 PM

Feb 2011
UNFORGIVABLE ! HE SPOILED MY WAIFU.

I shall remember this. Damn you Hakuryuu !!!!
Nov 10, 2013 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
Well damn that was an amazing episode.

Nov 10, 2013 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
It seems like Hakuryuu is joining the dark side... Alibaba and Morgiana are a way better match anyway. :)
Nov 10, 2013 3:10 PM
Oct 2010
And just like that, Hakuryuu is my favourite character in this show.
Nov 10, 2013 3:34 PM

Apr 2013
Aww it soo sad to see Hakuryuu leave, he was my favourite character, and when he confessed his love i had a feeling Morgiana wouldd turn it down, but it was just so sad. Poor Hakuryu... he was really badass though when he beheaded Madaura though, and his djinn equip looked really cool
Nov 10, 2013 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
That was a great episode, all the plot going on.

Damn next week that gay ass Ren Kouha comes in.
Nov 10, 2013 4:06 PM

Jul 2012
Solid episode. I'm interested to see more now! Didn't expect Hakuryuu to be so...uh, what's the word. Complex? Moody? Challenging? Idk. But I kept on believing that he was like Kuroko until this episode. LOL

I was very shocked when he sliced her head off. I've never seen a good guy in a Shounen do that to an antagonist. LOL Also, the kiss! Wow okay. Not sure if I'm rooting for him or not.
Nov 10, 2013 4:29 PM

Dec 2011
Well, I can't say Madaura didn't deserve to get beheaded because she did

Nov 10, 2013 4:47 PM

May 2012
Hakuryuu did a lot of surprising things in this episode. Behead Madaura and confess-propose-kiss Morgiana. He's one of my fave character but I am still rooting for Alibaba and Morgiana. Maybe because Alibaba and Morgiana were friends longer..
Nov 10, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2010
Hakuryuu is such a playboy, but we already know that Morgiana x Hakuryuu won't work. It's kind of obvious she will ends with Alibaba.

babymilo91 said:
Wow the way Hakuryuu killed Madaura.

I lol'd at that.

Can't wait for Aladdin's adventure.

skudoops said:
And just like that, Hakuryuu is my favourite character in this show.

I know right? Together with Sinbad.
Nov 10, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
Decapitation!!!!!!!!"as heavy metal plays in the background"

Dark Hakuryuu is one of my favorites

pretty solid episode i noticed a lot of fast forwarding then backtracking to a lot of scenes leading me to believe they took out some
Nov 10, 2013 6:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
So much pain in this episode :(

Honestly it's sad to see how harsh Hakuryuu was, to behead Madaura in front of the children, but I don't think Madaura didn't deserve to die either. Honestly, I would rather see her doing some intense labor or something because beheading her was too light of a sentence for what she had done. But again, I don't think he should've done it in front of the kids, that's really traumatizing. Hakuryuu is still an awesome character though, he has a lot of determination to go through with his wants, plus that confession :)

Ahh and I love Alibaba, he has so much compassion/empathy, I know he tends to cry a lot, but it makes sense because of what he had gone through. I'm glad his tears got through Olba.

Next episode is back to being lighthearted though ^^ Can't wait to see Aladdin and Kouha's interaction!
Nov 10, 2013 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
Asfaria said:
So, no underwater battle in the anime. That wasn't one of my favorite fights in the manga so I'm okay with it being excluded, but doesn't the mother pirate end up shouting about how she hates the kids in the manga for all of them to hear? I felt like that should have been included (unless I'm remembering incorrectly). Still, good stuff with Hakuryuu. I just can't wait for Aladdin to get to Magnostadt because I love the beginning of that arc.

No, she didn't. In the manga she just think it while still smiling at the kids. She's too savvy for that, not that it help her or anything.
Hakuryuu had to spell it out for them that, yeah, maybe the manipulating bitch who kidnap and brainwash children didn't really love them. Tough luck.

Don't have time to watch the episode yet but do they keep the part where a pirate kid puked after Madaura is killed? I always thought of it as a perfect cherry on top of delicious beheading sundae.
il-PalazzoNov 10, 2013 7:28 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.