Forum Settings
Forums

New Series from the Author of OreImo to Debut on Dengeki Bunko

New
Nov 8, 2013 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
According to the Dengeki Fall Event on October 6, 2013, Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai light novelist Tsukasa Fushimi will be starting a new light novel series called "Ero Manga-sensei: Imouto to Akazu no Ma." It will be released on December 10th. The main characters are a highschool light novelist who writes "Ero Manga-sensei" and his shut-in sister, who turns out to be the one who draws the erotic illustrations for his light novel (Full Synopsis). The art will be done by Hiro Kanzaki, like his previous work.

Source: Dengeki Bunko Production Page

Eromanga-sensei: Imouto to Akazu no Ma on MAL
myanimelistllcMar 9, 2016 3:27 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
I haven't seen Oriemo yet, but I really like the premise of this one. Sounds funny.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Nov 8, 2013 6:05 PM

Jun 2012
I look forward to see all the PLOT.
Nov 8, 2013 6:13 PM

Jun 2011
YAY more incest!
Nov 8, 2013 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
I can't wait for it to be animated.
Nov 8, 2013 6:18 PM
Jul 2013
Incest!!!!!!

Let's see....

• This LN will sell tons.

• It will get an anime adaptation that sells tons, just like Oreimo, cause this is from the author of Oreimo....

=> I'm a prophet.

Well... let's hope that this time, we actually get a happy incest ending... unlike the disappointment fest known as Oreimo.
Disclaimer: This is all a fucking opinion. Please don't kill me.
XinceptionNov 8, 2013 6:31 PM
Nov 8, 2013 6:24 PM
Sep 2012
I hope that this LN doesn't fall apart after a great beginning like Oreimo.
Nov 8, 2013 6:25 PM

Jul 2008
It sounds pretty similar to OreImo and OniiAi. But okay.
Nov 8, 2013 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
Another siscon themes..... Well, lets just see.

Nae_Gevurah said:

...I just noticed something. If it gets shortened to "EroImo" then we'll have OREimo and EROimo, Lol.

Seems legit. lol.
Nov 8, 2013 6:45 PM
May 2013
"Yeah, incest for the win!"
Nov 8, 2013 6:46 PM

Oct 2012
Couldn't get enough of OreImo, can't wait for this to come out.
Nov 8, 2013 6:50 PM

Feb 2012
Oh, another Imouto story by this "author", because it went so well the first time...I guess it will be popular, regardless of quality
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Nov 8, 2013 6:50 PM

May 2011
He adores to have a pig's tail child in his imagination.
Nov 8, 2013 7:11 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
The sister looks really cute! I would really love to read this. :D
Nov 8, 2013 7:32 PM

Nov 2013
More Imouto? YES PLEASE!!

OreImo is a very good one, I hope this turns out as good or even better , and of course got animated one day.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series looks, watch it.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series is, watch it until the bitter end.
As it is the true essence of what makes one an anime warrior.
Nov 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Aug 2011
Nae_Gevurah said:
LunyRed said:
The sister looks really cute! I would really love to read this. :D

The moment I saw her hair color my heart skipped a beat ♡

She's pretty cute, I'm hoping she doesn't annoy me as much as Kirino does.
Nov 8, 2013 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
I could easily see this getting an anime adaptation. In fact, you might as well make a news thread for the anime adaptation now.
[center]
Nov 8, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2012
Sounds a little too silly for me, but I liked Oreimo so I'll keep an eye on it.
Nov 8, 2013 7:57 PM

Aug 2012
Considering that this will most likely get an eventual anime adaptation, I hope that the author at least learnt something from Oreimo so he can make it decent all the way through.
Nov 8, 2013 8:21 PM

Oct 2012
This seems promising. And we might finally get a different type of ending for once.
Nov 8, 2013 8:24 PM

May 2009
I betcha some editor saw the success of OreImo and decided to spin as much money as possible from a winning formula. Can't really complain though
Nov 8, 2013 8:33 PM
Jul 2018
Let's see what he learned from OreImo.
Nov 8, 2013 8:41 PM

Apr 2010
I'm not even going to try this, with the shitty ending OreImo had, I don't want to read another light novel and be disappointed with the ending.
Nov 8, 2013 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
Oh sweet, another LN about bro-sis relationship. Let me guess, as the series progresess, the number of girls surrounding the bro will be increasing, turning it into harem like countless other LNs out there. Oh, and while they're at it, make the sis jealous and do stupid things to the bro, because the readers will find it funny and adore her. What's left is dumping all other girls to gets the bro end up with the sis. Announce the anime adaptation of it and i'll raise my middle finger to it and go away.
Nov 8, 2013 8:58 PM

Jun 2012
Are you kidding me? The guy that was pressured out of a complete Kirino ending is doing another incest like series?

Maybe he'll have the balls to actually go through with a actual ending this time...
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Nov 8, 2013 9:29 PM

Jul 2013
Well I hope the ending of the story doesn't end up like Oreimo did, so I guess I'll give this one a try.

Nov 8, 2013 9:42 PM

Jun 2011
If it's going down the incest route, I hope that it doesn't end like OreImo -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 8, 2013 9:44 PM

Aug 2008
This sounds way too similar to OreImo... wasn't there a female character in that show who also drew ero-manga that the main character likes?

Anyways, I'll probably still watch it... anything for imouto

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 8, 2013 10:01 PM

Oct 2012
that's one kawaii imouto. Hopefully she's better than Kirino.

Nov 8, 2013 10:14 PM

Aug 2010
It's nice to see that the author is branching out to try all new combinations and possibilities, instead of relying things eerily similar to his previous stuff.

[Internet addendum: This post contains sarcasm somewhere.]

Anyway, more incest is always nice.
Nov 8, 2013 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
Nae_Gevurah said:
Way to predict the future, I wish I could do that.
Nobody has even read volume one. Who says Tsukasa has no imagination?

And how does it prevent someone from making predictions based on his previous work?
I hope it's not simply due to "imouto" being in the title, seeing as, for example, Boku wa Imouto ni Koi o Suru, Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, and Imouto de Ikou! are vastly different.

And . . . that kinda speaks for itself. If there's a word "imouto" on the title, then it's just reasonable to make me repulsed considering the author's previous work.

And really, could you convince me any LNs with title "imouto" in it that doesn't depict siblings relationship in sexualized way?
Nov 8, 2013 11:32 PM

Nov 2011
Lol, I just hope the ending will be better for this.
Nov 9, 2013 12:33 AM

Sep 2011
If its anything like Oreimo finale, you can count me out.
Nov 9, 2013 1:38 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, really? This sounds practically the same as Oreimo LOL
Hopefully this time sister isn't a tsundere bitch so I could actually enjoy it.
Nov 9, 2013 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
I just hope it's different enough from Oreimo that it doesn't just feel like a rip off. Hopefully it'll feel original is some sense.
Nov 9, 2013 2:07 AM

Jul 2012
I loved Oreimo so I'm looking forward to this, hoping to have a good ending though.
You guys will argue over anything.
Nov 9, 2013 2:13 AM
Feb 2012
A story about siblings and their affiliation with ecchi stuff? Oh wow, so original! What's truly sad is that this crap will probably sell.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 9, 2013 2:29 AM

Aug 2011
Author of OreImo? Can only expect the highest level of QUALITY.
Nov 9, 2013 2:30 AM

Aug 2013
Nae_Gevurah said:
I think predicting that the little sister character to be a tsundere, that the genre of the story to be harem, and that the ending will entail dumping said harem, is a pretty detailed "what if" and not necessarily a realistic expectation,

Which is the very definition of "prediction". You're simply guessing things based on your knowledge about the author's past works. Whether it's going to turn out to be true or not, it's still a valid opinions.

And btw, i didn't say anything that the little sister is going to be a tsundere type
[...]this author has no other source material to gauge if he will or will not diverge from what you describe as essentially the same story and outcome. I would expect his career to take a turn for the worse in the publisher's eyes if he lacks any creativity,

This is by all means a thread about an author's future work, hence it follows that some people are going to base their opinions and draw comparisons from his previous work. And since OreImo is essentially his only work so far, is it that hard for you to understand if i were to make comparisons only from what i've seen from it?
which based on the execution of OreImo, I feel is certainly not the case.

This isn't really convincing. Can you please elaborate further how is it certainly "not the case" when you, just like myself, are just as clueless as to how his next work is going to be like?

You missed my point and then restated your objection to the author. I was illustrating that little-sister themed stories have all shapes and sizes: example #1 is a romantic drama, #2 is a romantic comedy, #3 the girl isn't even a sister (she's an alien) and it's simply a (mild) fetish-hentai.

Yes, i know all that. But my point is the very notion of "imouto" itself. Considering that the author's previous "imouto" series left a bad taste in my mouth, is it that weird that i would be wary were he to create other series with "imouto" label on it?
Firstly, I never said that the word "imouto" didn't involve sibling relationships; they do, and that fact is pretty obvious. Secondly, it seems you aren't distinguishing romance from sexuality. OreImo didn't involve a sexual relationship, for example.

Just because there's no sexual relationship, doesn't mean the relationship isn't being sexualized. The very fact that both Kirino and Kyosuke hold feelings beyond simply sibling love towards each other (similar to that of lovers) at the end of the series is the proof that their relationship is being sexualized. Pretty similar example can be drawn from many other series with "imouto" on the title, be it the sister lusting after her brother or vice versa
It seems you really dislike the notion of brother/sister romance, which of course is your preference, but it makes me wonder what impact you were trying to make in this thread other than to vent your emotion, and/or make fans of Tsukasa/OreImo mad?

Well, we're on the forum. Isn't that the point? To post our thoughts and opinions on things?
If you disagree with someone, go ahead and have it at him. But stop with this apparent crap if you think someone can't allowed to post his opinion, be it positive or negative, just because you don't approve it.
AmiluhurNov 9, 2013 2:33 AM
Nov 9, 2013 2:39 AM

Apr 2009
We do we even bother? The lowlife incest fraction will love and buy it regardless of criticism and it's not like we can change anything.
Just let them have their "fun", if we are lucky the olympics and the journalistic exposure of certain Japanese tropes will put an end to some of the biggest dreck soon enough.

So yeah: Incest, tsundere, generic, "original", otaku, pandering, yadda yadda blablabla
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 9, 2013 3:07 AM

Oct 2012
You guys should just get a girlfriend instead of reading these stuff.
Nov 9, 2013 3:17 AM
May 2012
Well I still haven't watched OreImo and I don't like incest =_= but out of curiosity I'll still watch it.

I'll probably wait for an Anime adaption on this new one :D
Nov 9, 2013 3:26 AM
May 2012
BrightnessOfEmo said:

Milady are you available??
Nov 9, 2013 3:44 AM

Oct 2012
Tengai said:
BrightnessOfEmo said:

Milady are you available??

I'm too edgy for you.
Nov 9, 2013 3:54 AM

Aug 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
We do we even bother? The lowlife incest fraction will love and buy it regardless of criticism and it's not like we can change anything.
Just let them have their "fun", if we are lucky the olympics and the journalistic exposure of certain Japanese tropes will put an end to some of the biggest dreck soon enough.

So yeah: Incest, tsundere, generic, "original", otaku, pandering, yadda yadda blablabla
Who the fuck cares about the tropes? Most of us are used to it by now; otherwise we'd be long gone. Your labeling won't really solve any problem. Themes and tropes in themselves don't make bad content. But I guess your preconceived elitist notions just can't handle anything more than a generalized stereotype to give two shits about anything containing them.

However, this author in particular made the biggest disappointment in anime history. I'm shocked that people are jumping positively all over this after that piss-poor melodrama fest that took place. I thought you guys would be more skeptical about this.
gamer2710Nov 9, 2013 3:58 AM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Nov 9, 2013 4:49 AM
Feb 2012
BrightnessOfEmo said:

Their countless waifu don't count? :/
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 9, 2013 4:59 AM

Apr 2009
gamer2710 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Who the fuck cares about the tropes? Most of us are used to it by now; otherwise we'd be long gone. Your labeling won't really solve any problem. Themes and tropes in themselves don't make bad content. But I guess your preconceived elitist notions just can't handle anything more than a generalized stereotype to give two shits about anything containing them.

However, this author in particular made the biggest disappointment in anime history. I'm shocked that people are jumping positively all over this after that piss-poor melodrama fest that took place. I thought you guys would be more skeptical about this.

...And it never occured to you that some of these tropes are of such a nature that they can only negatively impact the story in their specific combination? The ending (and the disappointment of naive watchers who believed otherwise) was to be expected given the tropes.
NidhoeggrNov 9, 2013 5:05 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 9, 2013 5:14 AM

Feb 2009
It hasn't even been published yet and people are already talking about it. What more if it already comes out and eventually gets an anime. Should be fun.
The premise is...okay I guess. Could go any way but let's judge it after it comes out.

I'm much more interested in Heavy Object vol7 this month and SAOP2 next month :P
Nov 9, 2013 5:25 AM

Jul 2012
Definitely going to read this! Sounds like its going to be a fun ride, hope it'll be a solid length too. Will hope for an anime adaptation too ;)
Nov 9, 2013 5:29 AM
Jul 2013
Checked the little sis design, have to say that she looks pretty "kawaii/moe". Welp, let's hope for an actual happy incest ending, other wise it'll just be OreImo with a re-skin....

Wait....
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

5 by Thanatos1 »»
12 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
2 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.