Forum Settings
Forums

New Series from the Author of OreImo to Debut on Dengeki Bunko

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
 
Nov 9, 2013 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1774
OreImo was great but lets see their new manga

Mr_Gutts said:
another brother and sister anime

Yeah
 
Nov 9, 2013 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 514
*sigh*
 
Nov 9, 2013 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 173
Wow. Such skepticism. Originality. New and exciting. Much OreImo dissapoint. 1/10
 
 
Nov 9, 2013 9:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 159
So am I only one who is actually looking forward to this? Also I like it that it has same style than Oreimo.

*Flame shield activated*
ᵖᵉʷ ᵖᵉʷ 🔫
 
Nov 9, 2013 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
This seems a lot like OreImo. I'll still check it out, though.
 
Nov 9, 2013 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2370
really? REALLY!? there's SO much other stuff to write about and he goes for another imouto series? and it doesn't even sound that different, its virtually a copy-paste while tweaking the beginning! smh


 
Nov 9, 2013 9:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 28
Sounds good, I hope this Light novel has animated version
To aru majutsu no index and To aru kagaku no railgun Lover
 
Nov 9, 2013 10:12 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7092
God, I have a huge weakness for white hair. Looking forward to seeing this adapted. Might read the LN.
 
Nov 9, 2013 10:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1086
I look forward too this new series so long as there is a likable female-lead in this series.
 
 
Nov 9, 2013 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 985
sounds really really interesting
 
Nov 9, 2013 11:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1139
This author has a serious incest fetish...
I hope he doesn't have a sister.
 
 
Nov 9, 2013 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 4135
I sure hope this one has a better ending.
 
Nov 9, 2013 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2144
No shit. We will then love the characters like in OreImo and then BOOM, train wreck.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."


 
Nov 9, 2013 1:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2860
Full synopsis:
The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family.

Masamune's novel illustrator, penname “Ero Manga Sensei,” draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed … that his “Ero Manga Sensei” is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga creator becomes their rival!
[center]
 
Nov 9, 2013 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4172
Will watch it if they make the same ending like Oreimo that pissed off alot of fans.
 
Nov 9, 2013 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33198
Congratulations to the OreImo fanbase I guess.

e: Considering some of my favorite hentai doujins are based on OreImo I guess congrats to myself too. I'm hoping it will inspire a similar amount of quality doujins.
The modding has ruined the forums and continues to do so.
Bye.
 
Nov 9, 2013 1:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1612
why tho
 
 
Nov 9, 2013 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 28
I most likely will buy the English adaptation of the novel when it releases :)
Waiting for BBCode to come back.
 
Nov 9, 2013 3:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3
I loved the art of OreImo so I'll be looking forward to this but I really hope that the siscon themes aren't as strong. That was the only thing I hated about OreImo. I was all for Ayane-chan!
Ichi, ni, sunshine, yon! Wii go!
 
Nov 9, 2013 3:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1129
VioLink said:
Full synopsis:
The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family.

Masamune's novel illustrator, penname “Ero Manga Sensei,” draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed … that his “Ero Manga Sensei” is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga creator becomes their rival!

lol it sounds awful.

Why did they specifically say their rival was female? Oh wait, because harem and fuck you that's why.

 
Nov 9, 2013 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
My how original....
 
Nov 9, 2013 3:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
Guess he's drawing out of passion, I just can't wait to see what kind of doujins come out from this kind of plotline, lol.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
 
Nov 9, 2013 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2944
I hope to see it get animated, have an abysmal ending and watch all the viewers get angry at it. Oreimo's ending almost seems like it would be amusing it watch.

What's with this guy and incest anyway?
 
Nov 9, 2013 4:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 301
MORE INCEST YES!!!!!!

 
Nov 9, 2013 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 510
Looking forward to it though the plot sounds a bit odd with that synopsis. Will find out come this December I guess.
Modified by radle, Nov 9, 2013 5:45 PM
 
Nov 9, 2013 6:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Oh god, please not another trainwreck.
 
 
Nov 9, 2013 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 13013
MrAwesome2011 said:
Will watch it if they make the same ending like Oreimo that pissed off alot of fans.

Do-M? Or Do-S?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
 
Nov 9, 2013 10:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9415
oh wow......
 
Nov 9, 2013 10:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
When the author said he is starting a new series, almost everyone thought "sister" would be a main theme. And so it proved.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Nov 9, 2013 11:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1275
I can imagine the ending already that will give us all a new twist like in Oreimo to enrage all new fans that have yet to appear. ;

 
 
Nov 10, 2013 12:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 217
Oh, I'm curious :D


 
Nov 10, 2013 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1579
Interesting, I hope the sister isn't a bitch this time around.
 
Nov 10, 2013 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 274
VioLink said:
Full synopsis:
The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family.

Masamune's novel illustrator, penname “Ero Manga Sensei,” draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed … that his “Ero Manga Sensei” is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga creator becomes their rival!


Wow, my hopes were shattered quite fast. This sounds so damn horrible and practically the same as Oreimo. Younger sister has a secret, which brother finds out. Of course, that secret is otaku related, because that's what sells LOL Not to forget that she seems to be a tsundere too. Just what otaku want to see LOL Then comes a beautiful, FEMALE rival, aka Kuroneko. I think I'm done with this before it even gets released.
 
Nov 10, 2013 12:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4093
Looks like he wants disgusting incest series to be his trademark. Gee, I wonder why some people find A&M repulsive.
Ii tenki desu ne...
 
Nov 10, 2013 2:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5404
Antanaru said:
Looks like he wants disgusting incest series to be his trademark. Gee, I wonder why some people find A&M repulsive.


The best part is when people who like these type of series complain about getting strange looks when they say they like anime...
Stone Ocean adaption when?
 
Nov 10, 2013 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3309
Antanaru said:
Looks like he wants disgusting incest series to be his trademark. Gee, I wonder why some people find A&M repulsive.
Because most people are stupid enough to generalize.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
 
Nov 10, 2013 3:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5404
gamer2710 said:
Antanaru said:
Looks like he wants disgusting incest series to be his trademark. Gee, I wonder why some people find A&M repulsive.
Because most people are stupid enough to generalize.


To be fair, a lot of anime fans give them reason enough to generalize.
Stone Ocean adaption when?
 
Nov 10, 2013 5:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3826
THAT title!

The funny thing is that many of those who complain about incest here, they watched other series with incest and they also liked.
 
 
Nov 10, 2013 6:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3948
Of course he's going to make the same sort of story. It's what he does, it's what his fans know. Japanese fans like things to go the way they expect. If his next novel was about love between male werewolves during the warring states era, they wouldn't buy it. He might find some new fans, might sell even more these days, but fans of OreImo would not like it.
 
Nov 10, 2013 6:39 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6913
BrightnessOfEmo said:
Tengai said:
BrightnessOfEmo said:
You guys should just get a girlfriend instead of reading these stuff.


Milady are you available??

I'm too edgy for you.


Oh...
 
Nov 10, 2013 7:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 66
Does the guy have some issues with his siters or what?
 
Nov 10, 2013 8:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 456
More siscon pandering smut.
 
Nov 10, 2013 10:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1162
If we forget the ending, OreImo was quite enjoyable. This new LN could be good.

Although I'm afraid Kirino ver. 2 will ruin most of it. She was unbearable.
 
Nov 10, 2013 10:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1089
Just from reading that synopsis, I can already see the story from beginning to end, it is kind of scary. But there is a small percentage in my head that this might surprise us, even though this is the second sis-con novel that this guy is making. I wonder what is with this guys' fetish with little sisters though.
 
 
Nov 10, 2013 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15793
hmm another brother-sister love -_-? but I'll watch it if an anime adaption is coming

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
 
Nov 10, 2013 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
Honestly it's less the whole siscon thing (though that doesn't help) and more light novels about people that write light novels and shows for otaku that are about otaku that make me disinterested in stories like this sounds. It sometimes feels like the light novel industry is eating it's own tail practically and forever wanking to itself and it's devoted readers. I don't know maybe Otaku are so self-possessed in Japan now that they demand shows that are exclusively about people like them that make near constant reference to their sub-culture but it's kind of alienating to people like me who don't necessarily want to read/watch a story so clearly targeted at one particular sub-culture, it's memes and fetishes etc. that they don't consider themselves a part of per se.

It's almost like there's two seperate anime fanbases at this point, people that like reading stories that are their own stories and which go somewhere, and people that like reading stories that are about otaku culture and very little room for crossover between the two parties.
 
Nov 10, 2013 1:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 23
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Honestly it's less the whole siscon thing (though that doesn't help) and more light novels about people that write light novels and shows for otaku that are about otaku that make me disinterested in stories like this sounds. It sometimes feels like the light novel industry is eating it's own tail practically and forever wanking to itself and it's devoted readers. I don't know maybe Otaku are so self-possessed in Japan now that they demand shows that are exclusively about people like them that make near constant reference to their sub-culture but it's kind of alienating to people like me who don't necessarily want to read/watch a story so clearly targeted at one particular sub-culture, it's memes and fetishes etc. that they don't consider themselves a part of per se.

It's almost like there's two seperate anime fanbases at this point, people that like reading stories that are their own stories and which go somewhere, and people that like reading stories that are about otaku culture and very little room for crossover between the two parties.

Sorry they don't consider poor gaijins feelings when writing light novels lol.
 
 
Nov 10, 2013 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2370
VioLink said:
Full synopsis:
The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family.

Masamune's novel illustrator, penname “Ero Manga Sensei,” draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed … that his “Ero Manga Sensei” is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga creator becomes their rival!


thanks for the full synopsis.

and its still the same; bratty little sister, an MC that looks like he's gonna do everything for his sis again. i really do hope "kuroneko" of this one wins, though practically impossible if you put the author and imouto in the same group


 
Nov 10, 2013 2:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5404
mrspiral said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Honestly it's less the whole siscon thing (though that doesn't help) and more light novels about people that write light novels and shows for otaku that are about otaku that make me disinterested in stories like this sounds. It sometimes feels like the light novel industry is eating it's own tail practically and forever wanking to itself and it's devoted readers. I don't know maybe Otaku are so self-possessed in Japan now that they demand shows that are exclusively about people like them that make near constant reference to their sub-culture but it's kind of alienating to people like me who don't necessarily want to read/watch a story so clearly targeted at one particular sub-culture, it's memes and fetishes etc. that they don't consider themselves a part of per se.

It's almost like there's two seperate anime fanbases at this point, people that like reading stories that are their own stories and which go somewhere, and people that like reading stories that are about otaku culture and very little room for crossover between the two parties.

Sorry they don't consider poor gaijins feelings when writing light novels lol.


You completely missed the point. Creators and fans are too close because in this niche market, the creators ARE the fans: A very small group of people that watch late night anime, that don't have the best reputation and that are only interesting in stories about themselves. It's not about "gaijins", it is about using the medium. And these people use the medium to produce the same shit over and over again. This stagnation kills creativity because the fandom of niche anime seems to be very focussed on only buying stuff that feels comfortable to them. This movement is destroying genres, destroying possibilities and is harming the medium in the longterm.
Stone Ocean adaption when?
 
Nov 10, 2013 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
Nidhoeggr said:
We do we even bother? The lowlife incest fraction will love and buy it regardless of criticism and it's not like we can change anything.
Just let them have their "fun", if we are lucky the olympics and the journalistic exposure of certain Japanese tropes will put an end to some of the biggest dreck soon enough.

So yeah: Incest, tsundere, generic, "original", otaku, pandering, yadda yadda blablabla


Ok, here's my problem with comments like this:

Albeit not exactly a criticism on society, having incest in story IS far better than let's say, childhood friends in a harem series. It could bring attention to moral questions as in, what exactly is wrong with incest and such.

I'm not going to pretend this is Nobel Literature Prize level stuff here, but the series itself is formulated in a MUCH better way than most harem series I have seen. While it's not realistic to have EVERYONE in the cast to be so good looking, it does show some of the struggles in society(maybe they ditched that in season 2 though) faced by Otaku. The way each episode is presented sets up the overall story, and not just randomly shifting like a lot of the pure-fanservice series that I have seen.

Actually, there's almost no near-nudity in this series, I am going to have to say, all the criticism of the Oreimo series b/c it's moe or b/c it's incest are pretty stupid, b/c the series is pretty good one, even when compared to non-harem series.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »