Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 6, 2013 6:20 AM

Mar 2012
This isn't a bad anime. It's just the same thing every eps. Rescue, deal with someone's messed up issues, get hurt, go to a cliff hanger, resume next eps. Everyone's happy yeah! Do it again!

Ok, that's how I have felt watching this show. I'm trying to see the bigger picture here and be understanding that they are trying to show human behavior and the very nature of humans in a situation like this...but...cmon switch it up a bit.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 6, 2013 7:04 AM
Aug 2013
geez....aoi is an idiot, for sure!! i wonder why such an annoying girl was sent on this important mission. it does not make sense. we could have a better replacement.
ibara would not die but she is seriously injured, i guess it was her mistake after all. why does a cool and strong girl like her have to be so nice even to monsters .....i hate that part of her.
Haruto was really cool!! love that character....... i guess he can help those poor girls somehow.
Nov 6, 2013 7:44 AM

May 2010
another episode with a even more useless Aoi not being able to shut the fuck up.

dropped

3/10
Nov 6, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
Die Aoi! DIE DIE a horrible horrible death!!

Ah I feel better now I've said that...
Nov 6, 2013 9:03 AM

Feb 2011
I nearly face palmed when Aoi took off running -.-
Nov 6, 2013 9:18 AM

Dec 2012
"If you shoot them, they'll die!" No shit!

Aoi is still useless, weak episode.
Nov 6, 2013 9:45 AM
Mar 2012
Haven't read the manga, though from what I heard Aoi is

I wonder if the anime is going to show it. Probably the last few episodes, I guess.
Nov 6, 2013 9:49 AM

Jun 2013
melina_putri said:

I wonder if the anime is going to show it. Probably the last few episodes, I guess.

What the fuckingly fucking fuck. She's annoying as fuck. Too much fucks , brain overload , brain stops functioning , BSOD ...
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 6, 2013 10:02 AM

May 2010
melina_putri said:

i bet my ass they both are annoying as fuck!
Nov 6, 2013 10:35 AM

Dec 2008
Dammit, Aoi!!! You big dummy!

Haruto is a one-man wrecking crew. I like him.
Nov 6, 2013 10:42 AM
Aug 2011
Haruto's introduction would have been better if there wasn't too many irritating things going on around him.

Riez said:
Btw , I lol'd at this scene , lol xD
http://i.imgur.com/KmOLCW5.jpg

Thankfully this guy was paying attention in class and doesn't forget that been trained to carry out missions and to get things done unlike others who whine every 2 seconds.

Aoi can't comedy, can't drama, can't anything, someone please shut her up.
I think it's hilarious though how they went to rescue her and by the end they're practically telling her to get the hell out of the way.

tingy said:
Anyways what with that terrible directing at the end when we cut in on Haruto three times and then seeing what he was so surprised at. That was a really bad way to be dramatic...

6 times actually. 3 shots zooming into him and 3 panning out.
Nov 6, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Love this episode , I lol'ed when she realized that haruto said from top to toe XD , Aoi is so annoying x| , Can't wait for next episode , will watch manga after the anime ends <3
Haruto is so cool in this episode !

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Nov 6, 2013 11:16 AM

Mar 2012
Dang, defending Aoi keeps getting harder. Okay, I did find the scenes of her in captivity pretty funny, but the way she just ran outside literally made me facepalm involuntarily. Even for a character who isn't that bright to begin with, this felt less like a case of brainfart and more like a case of holding the Idiot Ball. HanaKana, I still love you, but I'm starting to feel you've really cast your net too wide this season. Here's hoping for some redeeming character development.

And yeah, that super-duper-dramatic multiple take in the end was hilarious. With the way they set up the final shot I thought Ibara turned into a flesh-eating radiation zombie or something.
Nov 6, 2013 11:43 AM
Feb 2013
alexpte said:
I did read ahead in the manga, and from what it looks like in the next episode preview

Whoa, hoooo, you rock.
Nov 6, 2013 1:40 PM
May 2012
the pacing bothers me somehow, feels rushed all the time but doesn't really go anywhere ...
Nov 6, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
Damn Aoi is useless seriously I don't think I've ever seen a more useless anime character >.>

Once they gave her a rice ball she shut up :P

Wtf why did they tell Aoi to run?

So much drama :/

I wonder what the ghosts are up too. Haruto is cool to btw.
Nov 6, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2007
xchee said:
Wow Aoi's ability is, no doubt hands downs, the most powerful in her squad. Her ability to just be plain annoying and useless is just really off the charts :D .

This

Nov 6, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2011
Aoi is a pretty amazing character. She makes me dislike her more and more with each episode. It looks like Haruto is the only character in this Anime with some sense, hopefully he doesn't change. This episode was better than the others because of the new character but it was still pretty bad. It ended with a terrible cliffhanger, I mean c'mon, everyone knows she's going to be fine. Ibara wasn't any better than Aoi in this episode either, she's trying to use awful logic with people that are trying to kill her.
Nov 6, 2013 3:49 PM

Feb 2011
Aoi is the cancer of this anime , lol.

Anyway , episode wasn't so bad , Haruto was a boss.
Nov 6, 2013 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
The new guy got an arm
Nov 6, 2013 6:24 PM

Jul 2011
Wow....Aoi was pure garbage in this episode....beyond useless x.x why couldnt she be the one to get blown up!?
Nov 6, 2013 7:15 PM
Sep 2012
Finally! A character that isn't useless and retarded. Haruto showing up brought some much needed reality to this show, though the show still has plenty of retarded elements in it, like how all those soldiers can't seem to hit Haruto despite the fact that he's sitting on a tree! Really?! You have all those bullets and an assault rifle, but you still can hit one person sitting on a tree?

Aoi is still one of the most useless, retarded, and annoying characters I have ever seen. You'd think that being trained in the military would at least give her some ability to fight back, but no, she's utterly useless. I was so happy when they told her to run after the APC - only to leave her ass behind. LOL
Nov 6, 2013 7:47 PM

Feb 2012
I know they're trying to make Aoi the comedic relief character, but she just pissed me off this ep. You don't use the comedic character to endanger the cast and get the only main character worth a damn hurt.

This show went downhill fast.
Nov 6, 2013 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
They had to go through all that shit only because of Aoi. I hate her so much.
The new guy was pretty cool.
The ending was good with Ibara being hit.
Nov 6, 2013 8:19 PM

Jun 2008
Everything feels amateurish in this anime, specially when it tries to be serious and I just end every episode laughing at the lack of common sense of every single character, which is enjoyable, in some way.

Also, Ibara discovers that people die if they're killed.
Nov 6, 2013 8:45 PM

Sep 2012
Haruto from the Cleanup Crew is keeping me watching everytime it premieres.
Nov 6, 2013 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
holy hell Aoi talk about bringing down an already kinda of bad show

least Haruto made this one bearable
Nov 6, 2013 9:47 PM

Mar 2013
the ole rescue mission storyline gets stale quick, really quick. This is all they have done so far.

manga readers does it change or is this the overall jist of what is to come?
Nov 6, 2013 10:18 PM

May 2013
I can't believe this is the worst episode of this series. Aoi butchered the whole show for me. She always like happy-go-lucky when things are dire and she made every situation from bad to worse.
Nov 6, 2013 10:40 PM

Mar 2013
I liked Haruto a hell of a lot more than I thought I would - I was worried he'd be really generic and dull.

That guy's face though, hot damn. I wasn't expecting that. Poor Ibara, though - beaten up and then blown up with a fucking tank. I really hope they save her.
Nov 6, 2013 10:50 PM

Mar 2012
Okay, after the first three or four episodes, I was able to deal with the vaguely explained plot and the paper thin character development, but now this series is starting to wander into stupid territory.

Out of the multiple opportunities to kill Ibara, his primary method of doing it is, "hey, blow me and her up with a tank?" And then there's the BS reasoning of "we want Coppelion to join us." Unless that was a lie, why are you trying to kill Ibara then? If you're main purpose is to eliminate Coppelion, why aren't you killing Aoi too?

These plot holes are making my head hurt. I do still love the animation and art style of this series...as well as some of the sub-plots. However, the main plot has been pushed so far to the wayside and there's such little focus on the character development that I can't help but shake my head at the wasted potential GoHands has with this series.

This series needs to get WAY better in a hurry it to win my respect back.
Nov 6, 2013 11:04 PM

Nov 2010
I thought this was some serious drama,
but Aoi really turned this into a slapstick

Haruto holding a dragonball radar was a nice reference
Nov 6, 2013 11:30 PM

Aug 2013
Well this episode was a little better, and Haruto seemed pretty cool. At least he actually gets stuff done.
But
Aoi can you please just shut up, no one likes you.
wow gay
Nov 6, 2013 11:34 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was okay though Aoi just ruin this entire episode. I knew something bad will happen when she was looking for "Mr. Wolf" and gets caught in the process. Ibara was just risking her life to save Aoi but heavily injured in the end.

Though what shines on in this episode was Haruto, taking his own way of his actions. I'll keep watching the show because of him. Also The action scenes were not bad.

Nov 6, 2013 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
Finally, things are heating up, and it's getting interesting. Aoi is still such a fail though.
Nov 6, 2013 11:55 PM

Dec 2012
Haruto made a pretty cool entrance. Hope Naruse makes it. She lost quite a lot of blood.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 7, 2013 12:10 AM

Sep 2011
Haruto = best char. Lets have the story focus on his "Cleaner" job instead of these girls. Also, can Aoi jsut die already :|?
Nov 7, 2013 1:47 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode. I was left wanting more. It's not good to start hating Coppelion just because you don't like Aoi. I mean a lot of serious animes have a non-serious character to lighten things up and that's what Aoi is trying to do here.
It's strange that many people fail to understand why Ibara was against Haruto killing people. Ibara is a member of the medical team and her job is to rescue people not kill them. It's obvious that she would want the 1st division commander to live and try to keep casualties to a minimum.
Nov 7, 2013 2:07 AM

Sep 2010
Don't really get why some People are rating this Show THAT bad.. i mean it isn't really something very good but i would at LEAST rate this with 6-7 and not 4 or something like that
Nov 7, 2013 3:33 AM

Feb 2012
This anime is the definition of SHIT.
Nov 7, 2013 4:03 AM

Dec 2012
Ok seriously wtf

I am not even going to bother commenting about most of the episode because only 1 thing is on my mind.....WHY IS AOI SO FUCKING ANNOYING!?

People were already complaining about her in earlier episodes but god damn, in this episode the writers upped the ante and just made her completely intolerable.
Nov 7, 2013 4:18 AM

Jul 2012
Bad episode because of Aoi being a dumbass , Haruto is an awesome character but nothing can redeem the episode after Aoi ruined it.

What I want to happen is for Aoi to die everyone else gets rescued including the 2 injured Coppelion girls (Not Aoi she is dead) and then the show follows Haruto for the rest of the series :)

What will probably happen, The 3 girls will be perfectly fine the series keeps doing the same over and over Haruto becomes "soft" and therefore is boring and ends up saving the main character, they fall in love ect ect boom everything is suddenly fine everyone is happy series end and Aoi is alive the whole time to annoy the shit out of me.

Worst part was when the warning alarm went off and there was no one on the screen in front of the gate she assumes off nothing that its the dog and runs to open it, He soon finds out that its the bad guys and does nothing at all, Atleast try to warn/stop her...
Nov 7, 2013 5:15 AM

Jul 2011
Someone kill that stupid bitch please!

Haruto is saving this show.
Nov 7, 2013 7:37 AM
Aug 2013
melina_putri said:

can't believe it. i hate that character more than anything
Nov 7, 2013 9:00 AM

Sep 2012
Many things just do not feel making sense here and one of them is the gun battles.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 7, 2013 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
I think this might be on purpose the Aoi situation. She'll get discharged as unfit I suspect and yee old white hair will replace her. Then again didn't reand the manga so dunno.

More importantly I wonder what the first division will do with that waste. Likely nothing good. They all seem to think they are dead men anyways, so maybe a WMD attack on the rest of Japan.
Nov 7, 2013 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
I'm sorry but, I can't stand Aoi anymore.
HOW THE BLOODY HELL DID SHE GET CAUGHT HOOWWWWWWWW

I can accept it in Kill la Kill when Mako randomly get caught, because that's not supposed to be taken serious, but in Coppelion's case it's just ridicolous, this show is supposed to be serious.

I only hope now that thanks to Haruto this anime will take a better course.
Nov 7, 2013 1:06 PM

Apr 2010
Ugh, I'm dropping this.

Someone needs to train those soldiers to actually hit something with an automatic weapon.
They should have just suspended the release of this show forever.

Nov 7, 2013 2:34 PM

Oct 2012
Eh... No amout of breathtaking graphics can save this show from its horrendous dialogues and stupid story.
Not to mention that original manga knows nothing about how radiation and military forces works.
And Aoi is destroying this show even faster.
Nov 7, 2013 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
I found Aoi getting abducted within 10 seconds of being off screen funny. Alright episode otherwise.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

155 by Dekom »»
Feb 29, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

69 by Dekom »»
Feb 21, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.