Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 29, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh cool, Tenma made his debut. http://i.imgur.com/UFUyy6N.png
I'm still getting used to his character though.

I'm also getting used to this Kon character. She seems a bit shy. Oh and I love his abilities so far. Nice tail~ pretty aggressive kid though.
Oct 29, 2013 9:43 AM

Sep 2012
So this is KON !!! No wonder they made it appear right in ep.1 even if it is just a trailer. Toyosaki Aki's voice acting is great too.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 29, 2013 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
Kon turned out to be shy and adorable and not annoying, didn't expect her to have a nice ass and has a few yandere traits even better that she's feisty and her abilities are decent. I also agree that Aki's voice acting was very good, I like Kon's boyish voice

Oct 29, 2013 11:18 AM
Dec 2012
I wonder if other classmates don't know Natsume is a girl. It's obvious Natsume is female despite wearing a boy uniform, isn't it? Interesting to see another crybaby/fox deity besides Haru of Gingitsune. That teacher Otomo and the teacher of KLK share similar vibes with each other. Wonder who he was talking to in a dark room. He seems to have unorthodox ideas. Would be interesting if he took some rebelious action against the establishment in the future.
Oct 29, 2013 11:51 AM

Dec 2011
eminagnam said:
I wonder if other classmates don't know Natsume is a girl. It's obvious Natsume is female despite wearing a boy uniform, isn't it? Interesting to see another crybaby/fox deity besides Haru of Gingitsune. That teacher Otomo and the teacher of KLK share similar vibes with each other. Wonder who he was talking to in a dark room. He seems to have unorthodox ideas. Would be interesting if he took some rebelious action against the establishment in the future.

Nope, everyone thinks Natsume is a guy.
Oct 29, 2013 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
Quite funny haha. This episode definitely made me want to follow the series...until now it was kinda strange dunno, but with this episode my hype is higher.
Kon FTW
Oct 29, 2013 12:38 PM

Nov 2010
That's one bugging cliffhanger... It would be awesome if Kon turned out to be some kind of bad ass familiar. Love Toyosaki Aki's voice acting.
Oct 29, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
In my opinion the best episode so far. Definitely makes you want see more of the series. Interesting how will Harutora fight in next episode...
Oct 29, 2013 1:22 PM
Mar 2012
What, it's over already? What happened? This episode really went by so fast.

Kon is so adorable! Is it a she?
Oct 29, 2013 1:49 PM

May 2013
Harutora and Kon getting caught by Natsume was funny.
ElenirLachlagos said:

Kon is so adorable! Is it a she?

I'm pretty sure Kon is a she.
Oct 29, 2013 2:01 PM

Mar 2010
Pacing is faster than I would have liked, otherwise good episode.
Oct 29, 2013 2:44 PM

Sep 2009
Tenma?

Tokyo Ravens takes place in the same universe as Monster CONFIRMED.

Still, a familiar taking control of a familiar? It's probably because he got one before he became one.

Want to see what happens. I was sad when I realised that that was the end.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Oct 29, 2013 4:03 PM

Sep 2013
It would be funny if Kyouko likes Natsume ;)

Kon is awesome.

So even though he's Natsume's familiar he can have familiars too.

Why would he even ask how a tail works :\
Oct 29, 2013 4:05 PM

Dec 2012
Everyone who dropped this after episode 3 missed Kon. SUCKERS! KON IS BEST FAMILIAR!
Oct 29, 2013 4:07 PM

Nov 2012
who is this "kon" guy? really curious :3
gonna wait for the sub first :p

After Watched the Episode.. yey yeah!
holy shit.. Kon is really cute! God.. I really like her!!
and natsume too damn cute! XD lol I really like this episode..
so much hillarious scene... :3
and that ending.. really looking forward for the battle :3
YokamotaOct 31, 2013 3:42 AM
Oct 29, 2013 4:09 PM

Jun 2013
sword123 said:
Tenma?

Tokyo Ravens takes place in the same universe as Monster CONFIRMED.

Still, a familiar taking control of a familiar? It's probably because he got one before he became one.

Want to see what happens. I was sad when I realised that that was the end.

Can you explain this to me? I don't get it :(
Oct 29, 2013 4:35 PM

Nov 2010
So glad that Kon finally came out. She's always been my favorite character from LN to manga.
Oct 29, 2013 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
Only in anime can someone like Natsume pose as a guy without anyone suspecting it...

This is one of those introductory episodes so not surprisingly not much happened. Kon is likely way stronger than Harutora imagines and the next episode will probably show Harutora beating Kyouko after the same old snatching victory from the jaws of defeat routine when he goes up against the other shikigami. I just hope this isn't the start of some harem because oftentimes the girl will fall for the main after losing in a battle. This series doesn't need that to be good.
Oct 29, 2013 4:47 PM

May 2012
01:37 dat lolilick

07:38 T-TOOO BIG

13:25 lolwut

13:47 familiar of a familiar

15:34 Awwww

17:16 dat rorikon, and dat paafekuto taimingu

NOOOO TOOO SHORT
7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 29, 2013 4:49 PM

May 2012
Kon is so cute. Pretty good episode. Hate that they ended on just a great part.
Oct 29, 2013 5:09 PM

Jul 2013
Good episode.
I agree, Kon is so damn cute >.<
Oct 29, 2013 5:23 PM

Aug 2012
Kon was awesome. I really hope she's the looks weak but is actually super powerful kind of familiar.

Quite surprised that no one in the class and/or school realizes Natsume is a girl, she doesn't even look that masculine. Unless she's a bishounen in their eyes.

I'm baffled by how many characters in all the anime this fall are capable of making me dislike them the instant they're introduced. I do not like Kyoko at all and I really hope Harutora (not a fan of Harutora either but he's better than Kyoko) and Kon teaches her a painful lesson so she'll keep quiet in the future.
Oct 29, 2013 6:04 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man . They cut off the explanation about Kon being a High class Shikigami ,only can use by talent people
Oct 29, 2013 6:25 PM

Nov 2010
Ignis_Scientia said:
Oh man . They cut off the explanation about Kon being a High class Shikigami ,only can use by talent people
Ignis_Scientia said:

Yeah, adding that into the dialogue would've been one of the main components in making this anime better. After all, explanations about the shikigami is important too. Plus, we'd know the Harutora's capabilities when he improves.
Oct 29, 2013 6:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh my that scene with Kon showing his/her (??) tail to Harutora and then Natsume coming in XD that was pretty funny. Harutora was so cute how he was excited by the Kon's tricks. I like how he is also participating in the fight, he's got great motivation.
Oct 29, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2013
SanDavid said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
Ignis_Scientia said:

Yeah, adding that into the dialogue would've been one of the main components in making this anime better. After all, explanations about the shikigami is important too. Plus, we'd know the Harutora's capabilities when he improves.

Maybe they will explain it in next episode when Harutora Fight with Kyoko or maybe they want to save space for Troll chapter
Ignis_ScientiaOct 29, 2013 6:53 PM
Oct 29, 2013 7:29 PM

Aug 2013
Kon is so adorable <3

Ignis_Scientia said:
SanDavid said:
Ignis_Scientia said:

Maybe they will explain it in next episode when Harutora Fight with Kyoko or maybe they want to save space for Troll chapter

Let's hope so. They even skipped the explanation about familiar types and the part where their homeroom teacher mentions that
. Well this is a 2-cour show, hopefully they're not cutting a lot of info.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 29, 2013 7:31 PM
Jun 2009
Funny how "how does your tail work?" became "take your pants off" in Kon's mind.

Kon's hilarious though, I just hope she's as strong as she's funny.
Oct 29, 2013 8:12 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, Kyoko and her ginormous bewbs.

When Kon appeared and I hear Aki Toyosaki voice, I smiled. Not really sure why.

Completely knew someone was gonna walk in during that incident. +1 for it being Natsume.

Dam, I really want to see the fight.
Oct 29, 2013 8:20 PM

Oct 2011
Generic shounen, but still kinda enjoyable to watch. Can't say I love how cliche it gets at times, though.

Oct 29, 2013 8:25 PM

Apr 2011
so a familiar has a familiar

familiarception?
Oct 29, 2013 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
Valaskjalf said:
so a familiar has a familiar

familiarception?

Yea, I found this a little confusing. So he can be Natsume's familar and still be something himself. I thought he'd end up turning into a piece of paper or something lol.
Oct 29, 2013 8:29 PM

Mar 2012
OMG! I couldn't believe when he asked the little familiar how they used their tail!! And she took down her pants! I about died laughing!
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Oct 29, 2013 8:55 PM

Jul 2010
I'm still confused about this familiarception thing but, it was a pretty good episode overall. Kon is indeed cute, I hope she's a girl because you know, nothing is confirmed yet. Traps everywhere

Also, I'm sure that Kyouko will start to like Harutora after this fight.

Good cliffhanger (I have lost the track of time during the episode, and this is a good thing). I'm looking forward to the next episode.
AkanezoraOct 29, 2013 8:58 PM
Oct 29, 2013 8:58 PM

Jul 2013
I'm pretty sure the MC and Kon will kick the asses of those 2 familiars.

and in this anime they translated familiar = shikigami?? while on ZnT familiar = tsukaima... damn Japan's language is hard..
Oct 29, 2013 9:00 PM

Jan 2008
PrimeX said:
I'm pretty sure the MC and Kon will kick the asses of those 2 familiars.

and in this anime they translated familiar = shikigami?? while on ZnT familiar = tsukaima... damn Japan's language is hard..

Honestly depends on what subs your using. Though when using a theme with onmyouji, yokai and the such, shikigami can be more commonly used.
Oct 29, 2013 9:03 PM

Mar 2013
Kon IS a girl.They really cut that scene when everybody was surprised seeing Harutora shikigami.
Oct 29, 2013 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
xchee said:
Kon is so adorable <3

Ignis_Scientia said:
SanDavid said:
Ignis_Scientia said:

Let's hope so. They even skipped the explanation about familiar types and the part where their homeroom teacher mentions that

The explanations were offloaded to supplementary shorts on the Youtube channel (narrated by Kon).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAonHK0fPz4

These need subs desperately.

Oct 29, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2013
RenAshdoll said:
Kon IS a girl.They really cut that scene when everybody was surprised seeing Harutora shikigami.
yes... I think its pretty obvious. I've seen so many traps and theres no way Kon is a boy.
Oct 29, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
TsukiKarui said:
xchee said:
Kon is so adorable <3

Ignis_Scientia said:
SanDavid said:
Ignis_Scientia said:

The explanations were offloaded to supplementary shorts on the Youtube channel (narrated by Kon).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAonHK0fPz4

These need subs desperately.

Better have it in Anime , Explanation about Enslave Type Shinigami , Ghoul Shikigami , Human shikigami ...are part of the story itself

Kon is Ghoul Type .
Hokuto( Dragon) is enslave Type
Ignis_ScientiaOct 29, 2013 10:08 PM
Oct 29, 2013 10:08 PM

Nov 2011
This episode renewed my interest in the series. Dat fox girl. The school remind me of Ao no Exorcist. Onmyōji and Exorcist is pretty similar afterall. Pretty sure the granddaughter of the principal has a crush on Natsume, not knowing she is a girl.

Familiar being able to use familiar is pretty strange though, Familiarception!

Oct 29, 2013 10:22 PM

Jan 2011
Akanezora said:
I'm still confused about this familiarception thing but, it was a pretty good episode overall. Kon is indeed cute, I hope she's a girl because you know, nothing is confirmed yet. Traps everywhere
yeah i don't really get him having a Familiar as well as being one guess they'll explain it in the future

well time for this bitch to get converted after this fight next week
Oct 29, 2013 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
This is where I got a lot more interested when reading the manga and the anime is no different. Should be good from here.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 29, 2013 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
A fine episode, I guess~
Looking forward to the battle.
Oct 29, 2013 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
Lol well glad to hear Toyosaki Aki's voice.
Oct 29, 2013 11:41 PM

Nov 2007
- Beautiful Kyouko appears yet Natsume still the best girl!

- Baka Tora still not have realized why Natsume is so friendly with Touji as if they have known one another for years. Get a clue already!

- Fox Familiar Kon makes entrance as well, and with a vow to protect Harutora, but now have to fight alongside Harutora. You just put Harutora in a difficult situation! Like master, like familiar I guess.

- Momoe Tenma makes entrance too. I wonder what hides behind those smiles. The pictures I have seen of him online suggests he is more than just all smiles.

- The sensei is quite mysterious, right?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 30, 2013 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
FippinPanda said:
Bakatora still not figuring the hint about Natsume & Hokuto relationship. Are there any novel/manga readers who are kindly enough to tell me or estimate when Harutora knows about it?
I really wouldn't like it if they reveal it all the way at the end of the series or even not at all... :I

Ignis_ScientiaOct 30, 2013 2:02 AM
Oct 30, 2013 2:21 AM

Jul 2013
Kon!!! Why are you so moe??? Aki Toyosaki is like the queen of moe characters ♥o♥
Oct 30, 2013 2:36 AM

Jan 2008
Well, of course Kon will turn out to be super badass. This about it, she's been serving the family for many generations. They wouldn't have kept her around if she was weak, now would they. Plus, the older a familiar is, the more power it likely has.
Oct 30, 2013 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
Kon-chan has to be my most favorite loli since tsukiko form HenNeko toyosaki-san her voice acting is perfect MOE OVERLOAD!!!

decent episode for the rest can't wait till next week
Imagine books and music and movies being filtered and homogenized. Certified. Approved for consumption. People will be happy to give up most of their culture for the assurance that the tiny bit that comes through is safe and clean. White noise.

--Chuck Palahniuk

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.