Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 28, 2013 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kimberly :o. Her character design looks decent I guess.

And another embrace. I do like how far Raishin is trying though. I think Charlotte even appreciates it and if he keeps it up, he'll earn the respect of his all his friends.

On another side, Yaya's new boots fits her well imo. Looks like Rashin got a new gift as well :3. Charlotte is adorable.
Stark700Oct 28, 2013 4:57 AM
Oct 28, 2013 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
People are watching their battle. At first, it seems like he's losing because of the damage he had in last ep., but it was his plan to get Yaya's blood on that steaming doll, that originally someone... his sister?. KajiKaji's character is weak, without the doll, though. He got awarded because of that.

New arc next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 28, 2013 10:02 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm, end of the Cannibal Candy arc. Nothing really spectacular so far though, although it isn't a bad watch.
Oct 28, 2013 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
Aww Yaya is so cute when she's jealous. Whenever I see Charlotte I just hear "Tsun tsun dere tsundere tsun tsun" inside my mind.
Oct 28, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
Finally it is explained why the title of this series is "Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai" (machine doll does not get hurt)....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
Yaya and Raishin make a great team. Love Yaya when she gets jealous. So cute
Oct 28, 2013 1:12 PM

Mar 2012
I had pretty high expectations because of the dramatic music at the end of last episode, but this episode was kind of a letdown. As one of the Rounds members, Felix is supposed to be incredibly strong. For whatever reason it just didn't feel all that tense of a battle, perhaps this is because they're trying to show off how good Raishin and Yaya are, but man I just figured it'd be more than what was shown here.

And what was up with Charlotte not getting into the fight? Yeah we get that Sigmund was injured, but Raishin was fighting with a broken rib and Yaya was potentially getting destroyed. All Charlotte did was sit there like some lamb in distress. She's a Rounds member too for God's sake...

Anyway, here's hoping for a better resolution to the next arc.
Oct 28, 2013 1:23 PM

Mar 2013
That was a good episode. Glad Felix got his ass whipped ;).
Oct 28, 2013 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
Damn that ending song is stuck in my head!
I hope the next series will tell something more about Raishin`s revenge vs Magnus.
Oct 28, 2013 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
Yaya has blood? Interesting.

That was a pretty cool fight.

Lol that falling sound effect played every time Magnus or one of his dolls fell :p
Oct 28, 2013 2:18 PM

Jun 2013
Charlotte in the end lol
so tsundere <3
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Oct 28, 2013 2:21 PM
Feb 2013
Aggron said:

Lol that falling sound effect played every time Magnus or one of his dolls fell :p

I guess she has blood because she's a banned doll as well?

Female sensei there asked the rhetorical question about Magnus' dolls as well: where did you get the parts?

Aka, 'real' flesh and blood, imho.
Oct 28, 2013 3:03 PM

Aug 2011
AnimageNeby said:
Aggron said:

I guess she has blood because she's a banned doll as well?

Female sensei there asked the rhetorical question about Magnus' dolls as well: where did you get the parts?

Aka, 'real' flesh and blood, imho.

I believed she asked, 'who did you get those parts from?' which further implies the fact that it's real flesh and blood.

Anyways, a sub-par ending to a sub-par arc. I do love Raishin and Yaya's relationship though. :) They're really cute.
Oct 28, 2013 3:13 PM

May 2011
Charlotte~ is so~ much fun~. Tsunderes are always a refreshing experience for me. ^^
Oct 28, 2013 3:17 PM

May 2013
That was a good fight. Nice punch from Raishin.
Oct 28, 2013 3:20 PM

Nov 2011
Rather enjoyed that, lots of action and although the CG felt a bit out of place, overall the fighting scenes were great and even though his attack failed, cool to see the MC being a badass as he is. I'm curious if Magnus' ban dolls were created from our MC's clan, when the teacher said, "I wonder who he used as ingredients." just thought straight up probably from the guy's family.

tezann_t said:

And what was up with Charlotte not getting into the fight? Yeah we get that Sigmund was injured, but Raishin was fighting with a broken rib and Yaya was potentially getting destroyed. All Charlotte did was sit there like some lamb in distress. She's a Rounds member too for God's sake...

Anyway, here's hoping for a better resolution to the next arc.

Just because Char is okay doesn't mean Sigmund is, he was in his tiny ass body when he took that projectile to save her and with him being so tiny, that hole pierced right through him.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 28, 2013 3:41 PM

Sep 2012
Can't believe you guys were let down by that, I thought it was amazing! Great animation, very cool that they won even with all the 47 different kinds of magic Eliza had available to her, even with how hurt they were from fighting the guards.

Charl couldn't fight with how wounded Zigmund was.

I think this may be my favorite series of the season after this episode!

And as always, that ED!!!
Oct 28, 2013 4:23 PM

Aug 2012
Hooray another tsundere! I can never get enough of them.

Oct 28, 2013 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode.
Oct 28, 2013 4:29 PM

Aug 2013
Charlotte... so tsundere

Oct 28, 2013 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
hehe. decent mc and hnghhh char/yaya.
wuttodo with these feels.
8/10
Oct 28, 2013 5:01 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode, just wish they didn't use CG for the fight : / Will probably be seeing more of it.
Oct 28, 2013 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
This ending is REALLY vocaloid like.
Oct 28, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty cool fight, even with all the CG. Yaya used to really just annoy me, but now I'm starting to like her better.
wow gay
Oct 28, 2013 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
I feel like I waited so long to finally see this episode! AND...DAMN! was it good!
hpulley said:
Can't believe you guys were let down by that, I thought it was amazing! Great animation, very cool that they won even with all the 47 different kinds of magic Eliza had available to her, even with how hurt they were from fighting the guards.

Charl couldn't fight with how wounded Zigmund was.

I think this may be my favorite series of the season after this episode!

And as always, that ED!!!
I feel like I waited so long to finally see this episode! AND...DAMN! was it good! I'm w/ya pulley!
Oct 28, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2011
I'm still no fan of Yaya, if anything she makes watching the show harder for me :(

Charl tho <3
Oct 28, 2013 6:21 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode, love when Yaya gets jealous, and actually did not like Charl that much on this episode until the ending.
Oct 28, 2013 7:18 PM

Nov 2007
More Yaya! And now with action too!

I really liked this episode. At least the MC is not one of those typical perverts or accidentally ending up in ecchi moments. On the contrary, I think Raishin is pretty awesome with the way he responses. He has a smart head on his shoulders.

Yaya looks like pretty damn awesome in her fights. And I liked the command spells Raishin cast on her before every move. I wonder whether she is a ban doll too since she bled like Sigmund as shown in the previous episode (and in this one too). Well I will find out.

Looks like Magnus' all six dolls are ban dolls.

I am starting to wonder if Irori and Komurasaki (yet to appear) will end up being Raishin's dolls as well. I mean we are talking about six versus one! If he has two more, it won't be as huge as a handicap as it is now at least!

And the ED. As usual, listened to it like 5 times over! Absolutely love it!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 28, 2013 7:34 PM

Jul 2010
I don't understand, Raishin looks pretty smart (about technical stuff too), but then why did he get a low score on his exam?

Btw good episode, tsundere are always welcome.
AkanezoraOct 28, 2013 7:51 PM
Oct 28, 2013 7:55 PM

Aug 2012
Not bad. Still not digging the CG characters during intense action though, but at least it's not nearly as bad as some other anime this season.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Oct 28, 2013 8:04 PM

Jun 2012
Akanezora said:
I don't understand, Raishin looks pretty smart, but then why did he get a low score on his exam?
He isn't really good when it comes to theory (Take episode 2 during the lecture for example). He sure is smart when it comes to fighting, but that is not enough to get good marks everywhere.

As for the episode, good combat. It was what I expected. Good ending to a decent arc. Now, I'm interested to what's coming next!

shanimebib said:

And the ED. As usual, listened to it like 5 times over! Absolutely love it!

Same here haha. That ending is sooo catchy. I'm looking forward to full version and the version from each doll.
Oct 28, 2013 8:10 PM
Jul 2012
Ha, Felix gets pushed into a corner and whips out his gun but still gets sucker punched right in the face. Raishins a pretty badass MC.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Oct 28, 2013 8:16 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode. Pretty faithful to the manga as well, so that's good. Dat Tsundere char though<3.
Oct 28, 2013 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty cool fight. Not bad at all. Raishin looked so badass just walking up to Felix and slapping that gun out of the way.

I still wonder who was last if he got second last. Tsundere Char :D!
Oct 28, 2013 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
Good fight. Eliza's last words were both sad and funny.

Charl getting flustered was cute too. Sigmund just won't give her a break :D

At first Yaya's "I'm Raishin's wife!" bit was kind of annoying but as we go along each week, it kind of makes me smile now and I've been anticipating when she'll say it :)

And that ED... <3
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 28, 2013 9:02 PM

Sep 2012
tezann_t said:
Perhaps without her automata she could do very little? Unlike Raishin who clearly knows martial arts, most other people seem not to be able to do much by their own. Look at the guy whom Raishin punched at the end -- according to you he should still be able to fight Raishin by himself, right? But clearly without his automata he is just an ordinary guy and he knew he had no chance with Raishin. If this is the case with him, isn't it easy to understand why Charlotte was like that in the episode?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2013 9:27 PM

Dec 2012
Love the ending music :) I actually read the manga last year was really shocked to see it turn into a series. I just hope to god this series goes past where i left off on the manga and not much of a fan of the next arc so the following episodes will be interesting...
Oct 28, 2013 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
Chokko said:
This ending is REALLY vocaloid like.

Yeah, it reminds me of Miku's PoPiPo.
Probably intentional. It's sung by dolls after all.
Oct 28, 2013 9:55 PM

Dec 2011
Finally wrapped up the battle. Can't wait to see what will the new arc have for us.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2013 10:33 PM

Sep 2008
A lot of CG in the fight but it wasn't too bad.

Not much to say about this episode. Most of it was just the fight and nothing else.
Oct 28, 2013 11:01 PM

Jan 2013
Loved it.
Sure it was CG but it didn't detract much for me.
Oct 28, 2013 11:03 PM

Mar 2012
Ragix said:

Just because Char is okay doesn't mean Sigmund is, he was in his tiny ass body when he took that projectile to save her and with him being so tiny, that hole pierced right through him.

symbv said:
Perhaps without her automata she could do very little? Unlike Raishin who clearly knows martial arts, most other people seem not to be able to do much by their own. Look at the guy whom Raishin punched at the end -- according to you he should still be able to fight Raishin by himself, right? But clearly without his automata he is just an ordinary guy and he knew he had no chance with Raishin. If this is the case with him, isn't it easy to understand why Charlotte was like that in the episode?

This is really where it gets weird. Sigmund is a forbidden doll. He's not supposed to be one hit KO'd, not even given the injuries he might've had before. If Sigmund really is this fragile in his mini form, everyone would just try to ambush Charlotte when she has Sigmund in that form. Clearly Sigmund is supposed to be stronger than this...

Let's take this a step back too and assume that Sigmund is so gravely injured he cannot fight normally. At the point where Yaya is trapped in the white mist, Charlotte didn't know Raishin had tricks under his sleeve and Yaya could've completely disintegrated, yet she still didn't act. It would've made much more sense for her to push Sigmund into the fight anyway so there's a chance for them -- and besides, Raishin's risking everything for her so why shouldn't she try harder?

Look, my point wasn't that whatever happened in ep. 4 with Charlotte just sitting there made no sense whatsoever. Nor am I saying this series has become unredeemable because of it. My point was that it was too convenient to let Charlotte be a lamb in distress (and somehow render Sigmund inoperative in one hit) so Raishin can play hero. It simply felt like her personality was cheapened by this scene where she turns into the stereotypical meek girl waiting to be rescued. Whatever strength of character she might've shown beforehand seems to have wiped out in this one episode.
Oct 28, 2013 11:09 PM

Aug 2012
I don't understand why there are so many who don't like Yaya, she's great! In fact, if I was Raishin I'd accept her love without a doubt. Ah, the things I'd do to her...

So, with Felix out of the way it's pretty obvious who Charl will fall for next. Although I hope she'll just see Raishin as a friend.

I don't read the LN or manga so I have no idea what those are like but I'm liking things so far. It could do without the CG during fights but eh.

I find it strange that Magnus wouldn't remember slaughtering the entire Akabane clan with the exception of Raishin, especially after Raishin gave him those ashes and "heard" about the clan, not to mention one of the automatons he controls resembles Nadeshiko. If he was the one that did it, that is.

My least favorite character thus far would be Kimberley.
Oct 28, 2013 11:41 PM

Jul 2013
Man, I hope Yaya doesn't turn out to be a just pummel-everything-to-solve-problems type. I find it hard to believe that she's the best automaton out there if the only thing she can do is punch things. Granted that one-hit kill punch was really strong, it's useless if the enemy has something like that liquefying ability or anything that can negate physical attacks.
Oct 28, 2013 11:49 PM

Nov 2011
tezann_t said:
Ragix said:

symbv said:

This is really where it gets weird. Sigmund is a forbidden doll. He's not supposed to be one hit KO'd, not even given the injuries he might've had before. If Sigmund really is this fragile in his mini form, everyone would just try to ambush Charlotte when she has Sigmund in that form. Clearly Sigmund is supposed to be stronger than this...

Let's take this a step back too and assume that Sigmund is so gravely injured he cannot fight normally. At the point where Yaya is trapped in the white mist, Charlotte didn't know Raishin had tricks under his sleeve and Yaya could've completely disintegrated, yet she still didn't act. It would've made much more sense for her to push Sigmund into the fight anyway so there's a chance for them -- and besides, Raishin's risking everything for her so why shouldn't she try harder?

Look, my point wasn't that whatever happened in ep. 4 with Charlotte just sitting there made no sense whatsoever. Nor am I saying this series has become unredeemable because of it. My point was that it was too convenient to let Charlotte be a lamb in distress (and somehow render Sigmund inoperative in one hit) so Raishin can play hero. It simply felt like her personality was cheapened by this scene where she turns into the stereotypical meek girl waiting to be rescued. Whatever strength of character she might've shown beforehand seems to have wiped out in this one episode.

No, because it's an academy, not a place where backstabbing each other's machines out of nowhere gains you any reputation nor earns you your Gauntlet. Just because Sigmund is a ban doll doesn't make him immortal, in-fact, ban dolls are more close to human where as they're created from the essence of people in some sort of way versus a machine. Raishin would have probably flipped his shit if she forced Sigmund to fight so gravely hurt, him and Char treat them like people, not just tools. She may have seemed more cool, powerful and composed before, but she was hiding a secret, one that almost made her lose everything and revealed another side to her, she didn't just turn into a bland heroine just because she needed to be saved from a guy who she once held feelings for may I add.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 29, 2013 1:27 AM

Jun 2009
Not too bad.

Hopefully it gets better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2013 2:27 AM

Apr 2012
Don't know if it really was that good or if I simply am in a good mood after watching some Monogatari but I gave this episode a 5/5.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 29, 2013 2:30 AM

Jul 2013
yeah! the MC showed how badass he really is.
Oct 29, 2013 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
If you paid attention in episode 3, Sigmund said himself that she should have activated him so he'd be at full strength. As it was, he was just a little dragon when he took that hit and nearly died! But he is completely devoted to his master so he saved Charl at his own expense as that shot was meant for her as taking out the controller is the best tactic in illegal fights (not allowed or frowned upon in sanctioned fights). After that point she couldn't activate him as he was so gravely wounded in his normal state. If Charl had been smart, not shocked and doing nothing, she would have activated Sigmund as soon as she realized something was wrong and then she could have fought Eliza/Felix in a fair fight but his surprise attack completely took Sigmund out of it. If Yaya/Raishin hadn't showed up, they likely would have killed or maimed Charl and ripped Sigmund apart and stole his pieces like the other dolls eaten by Cannibal Candy.
Oct 29, 2013 2:55 AM

Oct 2013
Yaya is sooooo cute! that end...

It was a bit funny that Yaya was screaming in pain and Raishin just told Yaya to blast that mist Eliza away...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2013

96 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 22, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2013

107 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

190 by Nukelotide »»
May 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 7, 2013

214 by obijho »»
Apr 20, 2023 12:27 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 18, 2013

88 by LastNeko »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.