Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2013 9:18 AM

Dec 2009
Haruchin, Kudo and Mio, nooooooo.

Couldn't avoid the tears when that happened.
Oct 26, 2013 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
Naoki-Saten said:
Wow, J.C. changed many things once again. Cute episode, I guess.

And... that disappearance scene. It was quite sad and all, but... was it really neccessary? It also kinda contradicts the happenings of season 1.
Mio being absent during haruka event,
Mio and Haruka being absent during Kud event
Riki not being able to contact Haruka via phone during Kud route
It adds more feels to what is going to come. Also when the "time comes", the anime only viewers will be surprised of why the girls disappeared. It added mischief to the episode.
Oct 26, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 2012
egnaro315 said:

It was sad when
but

This^
Alright episode. It was all sorts of interesting, and all sorts of obvious spoilers.
So much for subtlety, JC Staff.
The mood the episode was rapidly flipping between tense, sad, and hilarious, which is kinda bad for the story's sake, but whatever.
It was pretty much someone breaking the mood the entire show.
The animation didn't get THAT bad, but the screenplay was kinda... idk.
I feel like a lot of people won't get what's going on this episode, and the quick changes in mood will probably break it for a lot of people.
Oct 26, 2013 9:53 AM

Jul 2011
one of the worst episode since the show begun
Key Fan
Oct 26, 2013 9:54 AM

Jul 2012
Vladz0r said:
egnaro315 said:

It was sad when
but

This^
Alright episode. It was all sorts of interesting, and all sorts of obvious spoilers.
So much for subtlety, JC Staff.
The mood the episode was rapidly flipping between tense, sad, and hilarious, which is kinda bad for the story's sake, but whatever.
It was pretty much someone breaking the mood the entire show.
The animation didn't get THAT bad, but the screenplay was kinda... idk.
I feel like a lot of people won't get what's going on this episode, and the quick changes in mood will probably break it for a lot of people.

yeah, like the part where Rin asks Riki out, he makes a funny face when I think it should've been more of a serious surprise, I thought that changed the mood a bit
Oct 26, 2013 10:06 AM

Jul 2013
Amusing episode though some animation of it looks less detail and overuse soundtrack once again but the drama and mysteries still awaits. The confession of Riki and Rin was pretty good and I like how they blushed throughout the second half.

Well the ending was a mystery though, can't wait to see what's the next episode.

Oct 26, 2013 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
I Was a little bit concerned when i saw that some people weren't liking this episode very much, but i thought this was another fantastic episode.... a bit different from the visual novel, but still they got most of the essential parts down right and the scene with Kud, Mio, and Haruka leaving was heartbreaking..... i have a feeling these last 9 episodes of refrain will be breathtaking! :)
Oct 26, 2013 10:22 AM

Jun 2013
Muchan said:
Was a good episode for me. I noticed kurugaya was missing, I still don't know what the secret to this world is. I'm sure there are a lot of clues from season one the I haven't put together. My one guess is that something bad is going to happen to everyone except for Rin and Riki.

That is actually a very good prediction of what's going to happen, just wait until you see it, it will give you goosebumps and is probably the saddest thing on the planet! :)
Oct 26, 2013 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
Found this episode a bit lackluster it really felt like a S1 episode
Oct 26, 2013 10:24 AM

May 2011
Other than the scene changes, this was a pretty faithful adaption. But I suppose the minor flaws with the handling of this episode can make it a downer for the most part (I didn't mind them at all though). Personally, I really enjoyed this episode. Riki x Rin is still as cute as ever. :3
Oct 26, 2013 10:31 AM

Sep 2012
Just waiting for the good animation directors and animators to return to the show x_x
I guess that'll be for episodes 5-13, or maybe 6-13. (inb4 Refrain arc QUALITY episodes, kill me please)
Oct 26, 2013 10:34 AM

May 2011
Vladz0r said:
Just waiting for the good animation directors and animators to return to the show x_x
I guess that'll be for episodes 5-13, or maybe 6-13. (inb4 Refrain arc QUALITY episodes, kill me please)

Yeah, I'm surprised they had the better staff put together for the entirety of Kurugaya's arc, but neglected the 1st episode of Rin's arc. I was honestly expecting the quality to be consistent throughout the entirety of Refrain. ._. Oh well, hopefully they pull off something better for the rest of her route (I'm sure there will be at least 1 good episode).
Oct 26, 2013 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
Hopefully, yeah.
Episode 6 better be well done... (called game.png)
Oct 26, 2013 10:44 AM
Feb 2012
I thought this episode was really good, adding the extra scene actually made cry.. and why is everyone hating on the art.. Why do you care so much O.o the story / music are really good, and I think that is what matters. It's like judging a game for its graphics o:
Oct 26, 2013 10:52 AM

May 2011
dark06star said:
I thought this episode was really good, adding the extra scene actually made cry.. and why is everyone hating on the art.. Why do you care so much O.o the story / music are really good, and I think that is what matters. It's like judging a game for its graphics o:

Well, that's the thing. For those who've already read the source, they would more or less prefer a good rendition of LB despite it being a faithful adaption. If the source if already good, then it just needs to be adapted in a way that makes it a great fit for animation. And while I may agree with everyone about the quality, I don't necessarily consider it a personal drawback. I love the game enough to where experiencing it again under a different medium is more than enough to make me happy, but that may not be the case for everyone else.
Oct 26, 2013 10:53 AM

Feb 2013
I loved this episode. It was so cute and adorable and it made me happy watching it.
I can tell this season is going to be filed with both happiness and sadness
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Oct 26, 2013 11:05 AM

Aug 2008
You know I really wish they just kept the friendship theme going with all the girls. This relationship still comes across just as forced as it was in the VN. Hopefully they do the romance a bit better, but I really doubt it as her and Riki just don't have any chemistry.

Well at least she's more likable than she was in the VN so it's not a total loss.
Oct 26, 2013 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
Dunno how to feel about this one..
Oct 26, 2013 11:25 AM
Apr 2013
Not exactly a good episode to have watched right after the Mashiro-iro Symphony...

Truth be told this was probably my least favorite episode of this season, but truth be told I could say the same for the source material, although the anime was slightly better due to Rin difference in character. The scene with the other girls was definitely the best part of the episode and another "JC Staff improved things" moment.

EDIT: Having watched the episode again, I liked it better the second time. Enough to give it a 7/10 instead of a 6/10.
MCALOct 26, 2013 12:09 PM
Oct 26, 2013 11:41 AM

Oct 2012
... End is coming...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2013 11:46 AM
Oct 2013
Why did kud, saigusa, and komari suddenly disappear into a wall of light?? whats going on? someone plz explain!
Oct 26, 2013 11:54 AM

Sep 2013
Just got to see the episode now, since I was at a wedding, The episode was okey, Animation at times was horrible, Wouldve expected more romance I suppose, but it was fine. RikixRin ftw! Really love this couple, as after Rin asked Riki out,they got all embarresed and blushing xD Poor suginami.

I give this episode a 4.
Oct 26, 2013 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
ToastedCake said:
Why did kud, saigusa, and komari suddenly disappear into a wall of light?? whats going on? someone plz explain!

There's a secret to this world... (Really the best way to explain it without spoiling anything)
Oct 26, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
Riki and Rin are great couple, this is so relaxing episode.

What happened to Kurugaya? where is she, Riki's somehow remember what she said to him.
Oct 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Dec 2012
Why do I feel like the only person who really enjoyed this episode? This episode was great in my opinion. Yes, it wasn't as great as the first three episodes, but to be fair, a lot of this episode is just setting up for Rin2 which we all know is when shit gets real.

Some side notes. I like how they're making the whole 'Kyousuke appearing out of thin air' a bit more of a thing now. I loved that part of the VN, just because it's deeper than it seems (Oo, how ominous that statement must seem to anime-only viewers >: D) Also, THEY DIDN'T ANIMATE THE RIN SOMERSAULT! D:> That always made me crack-up in the VN. The image of Rin somersaulting and running off when Kyousuke mentions kissing was always hilarious to me XD And that disappearance scene... Oh gawd... I loved that contrast they did there. Happy and cheerful to incredibly sad (and incredibly confusing) within seconds. Feels are coming. And they're coming hard ;_;

Overall, great episode! :)
Oct 26, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2008
OMG! This confession!
I have no idea this will be such simple...

But I like when Riki noticed he liked Rin :)
All these "no, no, no, no..." was kinda funny xD

Also their moments were cute!

I don't really get what happen with Kurugaya, Mio, Haruka and Kud...
I watched other Key's anime...
and I have lot of theories...

And... already episode like final?
What about rest?

Oh, this anime give me some many feelings...
I pretty sure I will love it at the end,
but right now just like with other Key animes...
what they done?
what they plan to make?
Oct 26, 2013 12:08 PM

Sep 2012
xMaebaraK1x said:
egnaro315 said:
xMaebaraK1x said:
http://i.imgur.com/yf5AIvf.jpg
See how hurriedly this episode is made.

http://i.imgur.com/derupK6.jpg
btw this guy is how most of the qualities were made in the first season.
HE. IS. BACK.

Name please? I've got a death note ready

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s569/egnaro315/Ohys-RawsLittleBustersRefrain-04AT-XHD1280x720x264AACmp4_snapshot_1354_20131027_003951_zps9e550151.jpg

音地正行
Onji Masayuki

^ This. I really disliked some of those Riki monologues after the confession, it gave that S1 feel again...
But I guess when I lowered my expectations and rewatched it was alright.
Oct 26, 2013 12:11 PM

Sep 2013
Hopefully we will have more romantic feels to come in the upcoming episodes of RikixRin, in Rin's route. She's so cute q-q
Oct 26, 2013 12:17 PM

Oct 2013
Rin and Riki are so cute together >< I liked this episode a lot
Oct 26, 2013 12:22 PM

May 2011
DeathDoUsPart said:
Hopefully we will have more romantic feels to come in the upcoming episodes of RikixRin, in Rin's route. She's so cute q-q

Small spoiler for Rin's route.
Oct 26, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2013
kenshin_sama said:
DeathDoUsPart said:

Oct 26, 2013 12:39 PM

May 2011
DeathDoUsPart said:
kenshin_sama said:
DeathDoUsPart said:

Oct 26, 2013 12:48 PM

Jan 2010
What a lovely episode!

Riki for me is one of the best actors of key, okay it may be the most sluggish and most of all children but, precisely because he is the only one that makes me like the same. And without question the largest, Riki x Rin = Best Couple key ever. Can come Tomoyas x Nagisas here but they will be without arguments, type, Rin and Riki is the perfect blend, the two are a couple that match at all, in fact, all the characters are fantastic LB.

I thought the episode would be slower but I liked the pace, Rin increasingly soft, and this animation? For me the best of JC Staff so far, I think Warner's doing a little difference, keep this assumption until the last episode will not give less than ten note!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 26, 2013 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
Was good but...
Damn, I'm totally confused as to where the girls disappeared to. When the Kyousuke thing foreshadowing like face was shown, I knew that something bad was going to happen.

It's sad that Kurugaya wasn't with them when Riki told the crew about Rin and him. Why didn't anyone notice it?

TT_TT Kurugaya and Kud.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
The Haruka, Mio and Kud scene got me, really ;_;
Oct 26, 2013 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
NayukiShiina said:

same.. i freaked out. the way the weather changed too after they left
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 26, 2013 1:42 PM
Feb 2013
I watched this episode again to try to objectively see what it would feel like had i never played the VN and even still i wasn't satisfied. It was way too disjointed and non-nonchalant. Yes the confession in the VN is very nonchalant for a reason but not to this extent.

And the added scene, as well as the open emotions. I just felt they were completely unnecessary. Its as if JC staff feels that they wont be able to pull the emotional ring out at the end so they have decided to add in more stuff to try to make it stronger.

Oct 26, 2013 1:48 PM

Aug 2010
Episode was good, but left me a little dissapointed.
The Mio, Haruka and Kud thing was unnecessary and obvious, but still quite sad.
I hope next episode is better!
Oct 26, 2013 1:55 PM

Feb 2013
sanata50lbsb said:
NayukiShiina said:

same.. i freaked out. the way the weather changed too after they left

Yeah I know. Looks like Rin finally wins. XD
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 26, 2013 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
Draakisback said:
I watched this episode again to try to objectively see what it would feel like had i never played the VN and even still i wasn't satisfied. It was way too disjointed and non-nonchalant. Yes the confession in the VN is very nonchalant for a reason but not to this extent.

And the added scene, as well as the open emotions. I just felt they were completely unnecessary. Its as if JC staff feels that they wont be able to pull the emotional ring out at the end so they have decided to add in more stuff to try to make it stronger.

Hm, I disagree with you on pretty much all of your points. I felt like they got the confession scene spot-on. Not only did that add a more romantic layer to it, they still had Rin confess the same way, keeping to her character, just adding more to the scene really. I actually really disliked Rin's confession in the VN. She just randomly asks him out, casually. It was a surprise and in character, but the scene just didn't work. There hadn't been enough set-up for it. I felt they set the stage pretty well for that scene to actually make it work and still be in character.

The added scene I liked. Not only did it add more mystery, but it showed an interesting contrast and added to the whole idea of things lingering where you can't see. Riki and Rin weren't present, so they were free to do their thing. And I'll be honest, despite paying close attention to the VN, I didn't entirely get a lot of the parts to the story because it was a little too ambiguous (Not going to say what). I feel with the addition of that scene, it'll make it clearer what was going on once they make the big reveal during Refrain as that part was never TRULY explained, only hinted at.

Now, with Kyousuke. I feel we can't properly talk about this ourselves, as we're VN players. A lot of the people I know that watch this show and haven't played the VN see Kyousuke exactly the same way I saw him in the VN, which is exactly as you described, minus that part about some Rin2 stuff. I say, sit back, enjoy the ride and see what the anime-only viewers say on this.
Oct 26, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
@Draakisback With Kyousuke's characterization in the anime, I feel as they've improved since season 1.
We do get to see Kyousuke's dual emotions.
Just compare Kyousuke in episode 2 of LB Refrain to episode 3, or compare Kyousuke's support or Riki's relationship with Rin with the scene towards the end with the girls.
I think his dual portrayal is finally being decently done, and he'll be easier to understand and relate to with some of the scenes they've been adding.
Also, they added a scene from Kyousuke's arc of Refrain in the beginning of episode 1.
If these scenes haven't helped to display Kyousuke's resolve, then I don't know what has?

In VN, twist like the Secret of the World or something about a character can be taken more seriously, but in anime, foreshadowing seems to be the norm.
I think Kyousuke is done well enough, and there are plenty of people who have come to notice and suspect things about him. A lot of it depends on how well they manage his arc in Refrain, because I knew the Secret of the World and Kyousuke's involvement before reading the VN, but I still didn't really see much more of this "dual emotion" you're talking about that's in the VN, than what's in the anime.

And about the whole part about feeling like "Kyousuke's not really on Riki's side":
This doesn't happen until Rin 2, like you said, and we're not at Rin 2 yet. I don't even know where you're getting at with this point...
Why would you have the feeling that Kyousuke's not really on this side when Riki and Rin's relationship has only just started?

Maybe I need to re-read the routes later, but I thought that feeling should happen later next episode, and at episode 6. Maybe there were more hints of his character in around this route.
Vladz0rOct 26, 2013 2:15 PM
Oct 26, 2013 2:20 PM
Apr 2013
I see noting wrong with how JC Staff handled RikixRin. It was handled pretty much the same way as the VN. That makes it disappointing, but it is all on Jun Maeda, not Michiru Shimada.

Really, the level of continual JC Staff bashing is absurd.
Oct 26, 2013 2:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
MCAL said:
I see noting wrong with how JC Staff handled RikixRin. It was handled pretty much the same way as the VN. That makes it disappointing, but it is all on Jun Maeda, not Michiru Shimada.

Really, the level of continual JC Staff bashing is absurd.
People must always have someone to blame, easiest to make a scapegoat, regardless of how justified it might be.
Oct 26, 2013 3:04 PM

Jun 2012
Hm, what's Kyousuke hiding...?
Oct 26, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2010
Meh. I can see why Kyousuke wants them to be together though, instead of the story pushing the whole group to be only friends

hope they make a curve ball later on for poor kurugayas sake.
Oct 26, 2013 4:17 PM

Sep 2010
So far I am very satisficed with anime version of Refrain.

I was really worried after season one but it's seems like it was needless worry. Well time will tell although I don't think they can make it bad. It would be very hard to do with ultimate story of Refrain.

The moment when grils dissapeared, got me. It was very emotional and what's worth to notice Anime orginal.

As for Riki x Rin. The way they started going out was not something you except from key but that is just the way that their characters works. Any other way wouldn't feel right. Well main points of LB was never love story but something else. It's lays a head and I am waiting to see it.
Oct 26, 2013 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
What happened to Haruka, Mio and Kud? They left like Kurugaya? Uhm, I hope it won't be revelead that all this is like a dream.
Don't answer me of course.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watch Rin x Riki's romance development, it felt like Kyosuke is hiding something, and that's kind of obvious I know, but I can see the feel approaching me .. It's getting sadder every episode.
Oct 26, 2013 4:32 PM

Sep 2012
dawnknight said:
Meh. I can see why Kyousuke wants them to be together though, instead of the story pushing the whole group to be only friends

hope they make a curve ball later on for poor kurugayas sake.

Did you play the VN, by the way?
You do have the Rin pic in your signature, so I was wondering...
Oct 26, 2013 4:32 PM

Jun 2013
I'm crying.
The girls leaving made me upset, but when I saw Komari I just couldn't hold back any longer. All we have is the originals and Komari left now...

Overall, this was a very good but sad episode to me.
Oct 26, 2013 4:47 PM

Jun 2013
I was squealing through they entire episode! Gosh, Riki and Rin are just way too cute together.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.