Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 25, 2013 4:04 AM

Apr 2013
another great episode.

now i am really curious where this show will go with kaname joji being hazama's trainer now
Oct 25, 2013 4:45 AM

Jul 2013
This series is really just Kick Ass the anime version. We have the Big Daddy already (that Red Axe dude). I bet that female idol is going to be his Hit Girl.
MoeGodOct 25, 2013 5:07 AM
Oct 25, 2013 5:16 AM

Apr 2013
Another kickass episode
Lol thi show is just great and Goto was actually enjoying being Samurai Flamenco
Oct 25, 2013 5:40 AM

Apr 2011
This show is so underrated. It's awesome though ^_^
Oct 25, 2013 6:53 AM

Sep 2012
SHOW OF THE SEASON!
Oct 25, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
FFviiZack said:
I'm so glad i did not drop this show.

And why the hell would anyone want to drop this show?
Oct 25, 2013 8:56 AM

Feb 2013
Litrydow said:
FFviiZack said:

I think the previous episodes are boring... but that's just me.
Oct 25, 2013 9:05 AM

Oct 2009
I love the atmosphere of this show! Looking forward to seeing MMM again <3

Kaname is a regular? Yay!! For some reason I love Sumi >//<!
Oct 25, 2013 9:08 AM
Mar 2011
Was a good episode. Hope there will be no romance in this anime...
Oct 25, 2013 9:18 AM

Apr 2013
Lol that was a hilarious showdown between Flamenco and the Fake Flamenco. Every episode of this show makes me facepalm and LMAO. My favorite comedy of this season \o/
Oct 25, 2013 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
I found this somewhat weak comedy and animation too bad! I thought this studio had more potential and hey ... block noitamina, right.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 25, 2013 9:27 AM
Apr 2012
Marzan said:
I lovedd the bit were Kazama is looking into Kaname Joji's eyes and blushing, while his pissed off manager is looking from a distance.

I'm sensing a ship is gonna come by any second now... XD
Oct 25, 2013 9:31 AM

Mar 2012
Hahaha so glad I decided to watch this show, it's honestly one of my favorites of the season, which I can only see getting better.

Dat ending killed me "damn..... This actually feels good"
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Oct 25, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
FFviiZack said:
Litrydow said:
FFviiZack said:

I think the previous episodes are boring... but that's just me.
they need to set up the premise first.. which might be boring for some.
Oct 25, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2011
man this episode was better than the 2nd one, i am having such a good time everytime i watch this show, its legitimately funny and has gotten actual laughs out of me, the characters are all so lovable, theres chemistry to every thing hazama and goto say to eachother, and the way the episodes pann out have some very clear effort behind them, its just a treat from the second that amazing op starts till the preview of the next ep ends

skudoops said:
I lost it when he cut japan in half LMFAO!
yah that, and when kaname burst into tears over hazama's speach were the funniest parts of the ep

naens said:
Was a good episode. Hope there will be no romance in this anime...
I'm kind of the oppossite of you, i both have a feeling and hope mari and hazama will be a thing
JizzyHitlerOct 25, 2013 10:59 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 25, 2013 2:39 PM

Oct 2011
Lol this episode. When Fake Samurai Flamenco appeared and knocked out the host and that other guy XDDD. Hazuma's speech was awesome TwT. Goto wearing the suit was epic!!!

Now we need Mari and manager to join their team and complete the set.
Oct 25, 2013 4:37 PM

Dec 2008
skudoops said:
I lost it when he cut japan in half LMFAO!

^This!

I wonder how many more times Goto's going to have to step in as Samurai Flamenco when Hazama is otherwise engaged.
Oct 25, 2013 5:40 PM

Jun 2013
Marzan said:
BTW, am I the only one who finds the manager strangely attractive?

Nope, you're not the only one. She's hot.
Oct 25, 2013 6:25 PM

Nov 2007
BakaAniki said:
Marzan said:

Nope, you're not the only one. She's hot.

She is damn hot! But I think it will be Mari who will probably get Flamanco's nod, lol.

As for the episode, it was pretty good. There wasn't much Hidenori moments but when he doubled Hazama to win Ishihara's faith back, his blushing was awesome.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 25, 2013 7:21 PM

May 2011
One of the better mentor stories I've seen lately. xD I love how they took that idea and completely turned it around. And then that feel good line. Only a matter of time until he joins their side.
Oct 25, 2013 7:37 PM

Oct 2012
Words can't explain on how much I love this show.

I still remember my dream job was being those Sentai heroes.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 25, 2013 9:46 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. I am loving the meaning of the word "fake" this episode.
Red Axe guys pretends to be SF, and then Goto faking he is SF too, and Masayoshi faking that he isn't, as shown when he met his manager.

Hahaha, Red Axe is so overpowered he could slice Japan lol.

The clincher line, "This actually feels good!" Hahaha. Love Goto at the end faking it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
Nice superhero plot.
Oct 25, 2013 11:17 PM

May 2013
Man, this was an underdog in my opinion. Last week I got pretty stoked about it and saved this week's episode for last. I'm absolutely glad I did.

This is definitely the best show of the season, hands down. I did NOT see that coming. I haven't been this excited since TTGL. I figured I'd be all about KLK, but nope. Samurai Flamenco is blowing Kill La Kill outta the water!
Oct 26, 2013 5:42 AM

Sep 2012
This show is so great, I'm really enjoying this.

Kaname claims that he's the Samurai Flamenco but Hazama confessed to him, now Samurai Flamenco is the student of Red Axe.

Can't wait next week.
Oct 26, 2013 6:50 AM

Oct 2013
why were there even people who actually bought that joji was the real samurai flamenco????? did really no one at all notice the really obvious difference in body builds between a really buff fighter and a supermodel??????
Oct 26, 2013 6:54 AM

Sep 2011
you know this show is very likley to be one of those shows where everyone in it is likable as hell, we just need the idol's to be likable, and i already kind of like mari despite how little we have got of her so far

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 26, 2013 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
This show is fantastic. Funnier than anything I've seen in a while and just really interesting.
Oct 26, 2013 9:15 AM
Mar 2012
I'm surprised that people actually believed Kaname when he said he was Samurai Flamenco. Their built is completely different!

I really like this anime. I like the bro moments, too.
Oct 26, 2013 10:06 AM

May 2010
Well that was fun
Oct 26, 2013 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
Marzan said:
This show keeps on getting better with every episode.

I lovedd the bit were Kazama is looking into Kaname Joji's eyes and blushing, while his pissed off manager is looking from a distance.

hahaha so true. <3
ONE OF BEST EPISODE SO FAR :D
Oct 26, 2013 7:02 PM

Jun 2012
The ending for some reason reminded me of an episode of the TV show Arrow;
Goto's reaction is the best.

Can't wait till Mari confronts Hazama about his secret identity... I'm sure she hasn't forgotten the time he sang Red Axe. I wonder if she'll end up being all googly eyed over him, or end up being a tsundere / main villain, lol.
Oct 26, 2013 10:13 PM

Jul 2009
Good show as a change of pace from other shows.. enjoyable imo. And just like Konno... I really am falling for Ishihara!!! hahaha! her tomboyish like nature is really attractive :P haha

But there are definitely alot of reference from other real life facts:

Joji aka Red Axe - No stunt double bad ass actor > Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee

Mysterious Super hero > Kick ass/Kick ass 2

The 1kk reward for finding out the identity of the hero > In Israel a town is giving 1 million dollars up for grabs to anyone that can show a solid evidence that Mermaids exist.
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Oct 27, 2013 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
i think the hot-blooded big bro red axe is a nice new character, just wonder what is his true intention of faking as flamenco

this show is getting better :)
Oct 27, 2013 2:01 AM

Oct 2012
Red axe sure like getting attentions.
Oct 27, 2013 3:14 AM
Oct 2013
I wasn't really impressed after the first episode, liked the second episode more, and loved this episode. This is one of my top 5 for the season I think (especially now there are females characters).

I'm still pretty sure if you run into a naked man in an alley at night, you shouldn't burn his clothes, ask for his number, and go to dinner at his apartment, but maybe that's just me... :)

And I also think Goto's girlfriend is someone who's already on the show like someone else said, maybe someone he's in a long-distance relationship with because she's been on tour, and is only now back in the area? Hmmmm....

Can't wait for episode 4...
Oct 27, 2013 3:18 AM

Jul 2013
Is it just me or the yaoi feels are getting....intense.. yeah that girl who also likes superheroes needs more screentime.
Oct 27, 2013 6:13 AM

Dec 2012
Why is this not more popular? It's the best anime of the season (so far).
Oct 27, 2013 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
Another great episode, glad this series is 22 episodes instead of just 12 :)

parfaited said:
Marow said:
This anime <3

I feel you. I watch this show with a constant smile on my face.

Goto keeps facepalming but we all know that he secretly loves wearing the SF costume and the attention that comes with it.

Kaname's intense.
Look at his MAL pic, his teeth are dazzling. Never doubt a man with dazzling teeth.

lol
Oct 27, 2013 12:08 PM
Jun 2009
Mari is snacking pretty unhealthy things sitting in front of the TV. The next episode is Idol Devastation. Will she be too fat for her costume? XD just kidding.

Ishikawa should now think that Goto is the real samurai flamenco, as he was also there in the apartment when she picked up the axe, and may explain kazama's early fanboyism and their friendship. And given the last scene before the ED, he might well become one for real... That, of course, if she don't see past the decoy.

I also loved how Konno was kinda trolled in the TV program, but he sure got some precious info with kazama's reactions.

I though that kaname was too unrealistic, but at least turns up a bit my hope that this show won't turn into a serious drama, as it may well be given that this is "real life". Anyway, like many here, I too watched it with a grin, and it made my day happier. :]
Oct 27, 2013 5:57 PM

Jun 2012
So much time spent on trying to find his true identity, but at least it's pretty entertaining.

Oct 28, 2013 8:04 AM

Jul 2010
PrimeX said:
Is it just me or the yaoi feels are getting....intense.. yeah that girl who also likes superheroes needs more screentime.

That's just bromance, or at least I hope that ..
Oct 28, 2013 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
PrimeX said:
its just you

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 29, 2013 3:53 AM
Aug 2012
PaleBlue said:
Prediction: Gotou becomes a hero team member after discovering he likes the costume, Mari also joins because she's a hero freak too. Will Ishihara join too? She seems awfully preoccupied with that axe...

This, my own premonitions echo your statement. I think Ishihara will (eventually0 let Hazama continue on as Samurai Flamenco since he'll probably gain even more fame and money.

Joji just about floored me this episode, I'm glad he'll be a regular cast member (at least for the short term). I'm not sure how the show will progress but I'm digging the hell out of it. It's getting a lot of things right like lampshading japanese variety shows, show business, old sentai shows and how hilarious being a manchild is.
DarkGeneralOct 29, 2013 3:56 AM
Oct 29, 2013 10:52 PM
Aug 2011
Going great.
Oct 30, 2013 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
That twist at the end, I love this show :D
Oct 31, 2013 12:20 AM

Jun 2011
Barion-Zara said:

Highlight of the episode was Goto wearing the suit and saying "Damn, this actually feels good" SO much LOL XDXDXD

LOL I am still LOL-ing now when I am reading the comments on this regard hahahaha! Lol Goto, you feel good wearing that, and being in the center of attention? XD

At first I didn't really care about the parts with Red Axe dude, but after a while, I find it necessary to build his character.

Lol he's still calling Hazama "niidaime SF" in the very end.

By the way, is lying a crime? :p

Oh, and I really hope that this anime will at least top 800 in ranking (wanted to say 1k, but as an insurance, I make it 800), because other bad anime this season topped 1k, yet this has such low score which disheartened me. ):

CandyRat said:
Why is this not more popular? It's the best anime of the season (so far).

I know right! I tried hard to promote it with my siggy, but it doesn't seem to help one bit.. Man this show is so underrated, and definitely one of the best of the season, easily top 3. (for me, it's the best for now, counting out those that I haven't get started with, like Log Horizon, Golden Time, Magi S2..)

PrimeX said:

It's just you. I did not sense any of that sort in this show. Don't turn every friendship themed show (between males) into your yaoi fantasy lol.
ToG25thBaamOct 31, 2013 12:36 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 31, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2010
Damn I love this show, I'm so glad it's kind of two cour and not just 10 episodes! :)

I'm honestly hoping Goto will create his own superhero persona and fight for justice side to side with Hazama :) I'm very curious what role the idol girl will play and where the show is going. Like, is there going to be a "villain"? If there'll be one, I sure as hell hope that Goto and Hazama will work together to take him down haha.
Nov 1, 2013 1:06 AM

Sep 2012
A great fellow to join the fellowship I guess? Oh the male bonding...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 1, 2013 3:37 PM

May 2012
01:43 LOOOL

02:30 TOHHHH

03:28 Silvertime!!!!

06:09 Ishiharachan su・te・ki〜 <3

08:35 dat muscular Beeburr

14:12 A-X-E lol

20:38 LOOOL

7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.