Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 29, 2013 6:05 AM

May 2011
Wow, I keep getting impressed with each new episode. I love the the thought put behind every single character, this is looking very promising.

Of course, the art is amazing as well, and so is the soundtrack. I wasn't really impressed by the first episode at all, and the second almost made me think this wouldn't be for me at all, but now it is quickly becoming one of my favourite anime this season.
Oct 29, 2013 6:08 AM

Oct 2009
The character development is going pretty well, though now I don't want Akari to get together with that guy..its just wrong, just 3 years after the wife's death? And whats the age difference? o.o

I like it better than Golden Time so far ^^
Oct 29, 2013 4:29 PM
Jul 2013
Emotional episode, which characters did not cry?
Oct 30, 2013 6:03 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Well scripted and directed episode, I had initially thought prejudice would be portrayed from episode one but its theme is certainly prevalent here.

The development is also there making this episode a solid one.
Oct 30, 2013 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

A nice episode, this production is going to PA Works until now booming. The main characters are showing a nice characterization, even the girls! * _ *
Plot very good, I'm not confused, it really flows like oil. Now I understand what's under the relationship between Akari and the widower!
Interesssante the relationships between the boys, now there are more things for granted! : D
Narration very pleasant. Design and animations good this time.
Full voting!
Oct 30, 2013 6:31 AM

Apr 2011
Good to see Hikari is developing more, and so is Manaka.

Chisaki need more development. Come on girl...go get your man.
Oct 30, 2013 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
Magito said:
Good to see Hikari is developing more, and so is Manaka.

Chisaki need more development. Come on girl...go get your man.

I actually feel like it's way past time for Kaname to get more development. At this rate he'll become the staple "guy who likes the girl who likes the main character". Hoped for more to be honest.

Still rooting for Chisaki though, but best girl never wins...
Oct 31, 2013 12:25 AM
Aug 2011
The scenes with Hikari and the other guys were good.
It's only episode 4 and it already feels like he's come a long way.

The drama with Miuna and the other little girl though is something I don't care for though.
Oct 31, 2013 10:23 AM

Oct 2011
Just getting better and better! Akari's talk with Uroko-sama was sad T_T Glad to see some development for Hikari. Hoping for a few episodes to focus more on Chisaki and Kaname though.
Oct 31, 2013 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
Well whaddya know, it just keeps getting better and better. I was turned off by Hikari's attitude at first, but now that there's some real good character development here, I'm appreciating them more and more.

7.5/10, Quickly approaching greatness.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Nov 1, 2013 5:54 AM
Aug 2011
Oh, so the sea god has a secret agenda.
Nov 5, 2013 12:14 PM

Jan 2011
This was much better that I had expected. Hikari is getting more likeable too.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 11, 2013 4:20 AM

Jun 2011
Gahhh Manaka, why cry, why grovel down with Hikari??? If it's Hikari alone, he would be so much cooler!!! ):

Another awesomeeeeeeeeeee episode!! Hikari got so much character development, just so much <3 Everyone else still remain static though -.-

Lol'ed at Hikari's "Chest! Come at me!" XD Dem growing bond <3

And, dem lolis! Haha I like them.

There is a problem with the Sea God though, wonder what happened recently that they wanted to prevent people above sea to get into contact with people underwater.

hiabara said:
for the first time i realized that there's an actual echo when they're talking underwater. that's pretty cool *u*

+1

A-Knight said:
What I see from the main chars so far

Hikari - Good to see him getting away from the stupid hot-head MC archetype.

Manaka - Her type has always been one for good female character development, and it is showing now. Very much like Nodoka from Negima.

Chisaki - I always had a feeling she wouldl be a source of much pointless melodrama, and it looks like I'm right.

Kaname - I'm interested in his background since he seems to know things the other sea kids don't know. Seems insightful if a bit ambiguous at times.

Tsugumu - Easily the best of the main cast. Insightful and mature like Kaname but with a nice straight-forwardness too. Does a good job catalyzing Hikari and Manaka's development and being a bridge between sea and land.

Tsumugu.. best? Lmao. You mean he is the most perfect one out of the 3 male leads, right? Rofl. Hands down Hikari for the better male lead.

Lmao at people saying that the drama was forced -.- In which way it was forced?

tsudecimo said:
I might end up giving this a 9 and I rarely do that. Everything have been freaking great so far ( the setting, characters, themes, art, OP/ED, OST, voice acting, being a 2 cour show)

5/5

+1 I might just bump up my score to 9 if the other characters get some development too, the other 4 I mean.

CodeST said:
Tsumuku is so mature, while Hikari is still slowly changing himself, Tsumuku is already grows up.
He is just a middle school boy but he clearly knows what is right and what is right and wrong. What a perfect character.

Lmao too perfect imho.

KaitoDash said:
But hey, Don't tell me Hikari and Kaname just went pursuing the path of Loli.

Haha I wish XP.
ToG25thBaamNov 11, 2013 4:39 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 30, 2013 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
Violence is how real men solve their problems! CHESTO!
Dec 21, 2013 5:48 AM

Oct 2013
Rinji- said:
I like how this series approaches racism.
Seems like both of our "sea" male leads got their very own loli fans.

I like that too
Jan 5, 2014 7:21 AM

Apr 2009
All's well that ends well with the classroom issue, huh. I hope the discrimination ends there. Hikari still needs to lose more of that brashness, but he's making progress, I admit. The pendulum is apparently swinging the other way with Hikari and Manaka getting along again after Tsumugu became friends with them. Not good for Chisaki, but what can she do...? What will she do?

So it really is an affair... of sorts since the mother of the girl is already dead... but the man still has feelings for her, and that led to him being unable to answer Hikari when asked if he would take responsibility and marry Akari when the time comes. Clearly, the man is confused and indecisive with Akari attempting to woo him fill the void in his heart by entering a relationship with him.
Feb 10, 2014 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
This is getting better and better every episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2014 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
In my last post, I said that I was surprised that Hika didn't seem to care about Mana romantic feeling for Tsumugu, but now I think I'm starting to understand why. He always saw Mana as a little sister that he had to protect, but now that she got out of that shell that they built around her, maybe he'll devellop romantic feeling for her.

Also, poor Chi-chan, she'll really relayed on the second plan.

Kaname really owned that little girl, but I felt bad for her at the same time.

Those two boys were asshole, though, I'm glad they made peace, at least for a while.

I didn't understood what Hika and Miuna meant by cheating...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 4, 2014 1:11 AM

May 2013
I like their development especially hikari and manaka.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 8, 2014 7:29 AM

May 2012
A very sweet yet sad episode! Quite loving the development actually, so let's see what's next!
Apr 12, 2014 4:50 PM

Sep 2012
Honestly, Japan is one of the last places I'd expect to see a show with racial segregation as a theme come out of.

But hey, I'm not complaining! It's so refreshing to see a show with a cast of characters who feel like actual friends. They defend each other and empathize with each other. I'm so used to anime "friends" being total selfish assholes to each other (mainly to just the main character, who of course puts up with it all) and only characterized as "friends" because they share a lot of screen time together.

This is great.
Apr 23, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2009
1. Seeing drama between elementary kids was weird

2. Hikari's slowly maturing. Guess u gotta make 'em this annoying to really show his maturing progress

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 17, 2014 10:01 AM

Sep 2011
This shit is amazing!
Jun 23, 2014 3:36 AM
May 2012
Wow, this was a really great episode. Really well done!!
The characters feels real. I am glad that everyone apologized :D
Miuna is adorable :3 She has a crush on Hikari~

tingy said:
psyopslayerx said:
Chest! I found that the symbolism of the barriers breaking between sea people and land people. I first found it odd, why Hikari request such an action from the two he wrongly accused of destroying the Ojousama statue. Then it occurred to me in a symbolic sense, that the closed doors is the symbol of the close-mindedness of both society, since both societies aren't making the first step. Now with the last scene, with Hikari getting tackled towards the closed doors, there came progress and communication. With everyone in that class watching, it become a climatic event for between sea people and land people.

Oh nice insight on the "breaking down doors" symbolism, that actually makes a lot of sense since the classmate could've chested Hikari somewhere else (like Hikari did to him), yet the director specifically chose for them to knock down the doors.

Nice!
Aug 16, 2014 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
Really enjoyed this episode. Nice to see Hikari maturing and slowly changing his mind about the surface people. Akari's relationship with the previous spouse of her boyfriend and their daughter was sad. Hopefully they'll be able to patch things up and Miuna can accept her. Felt bad for Chisaki at the end :( Hopefully she'll get more confident later on and stand up for her feelings.
Aug 17, 2014 8:16 AM

Oct 2012
I just sense some shipping... Starting to emerge xD
So heartwarming.. This is like Shounen anime without the fighting scene :)
"Signature removed"
Nov 11, 2014 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
Love how the kids of the surface are starting to bond with the kids of the sea. Although a lot of their classmates are still shitty to them. :/

Really like the development for Hikari, Manaka, and their relationship.

Also still getting annoyed with how preachy Tsumugu is...
Dec 16, 2014 2:42 AM

May 2013
The drama was a bit too much at times, but the animation is superb.
Dec 16, 2014 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
Once again, good to see how they dealt with the situation.
Since it all began with a misunderstanding and parents influence, they're kids after all, innocent and easily influenced.

But they also make the most obvious questions.
Though, the young Mina was a little... dunno... she didn't cared that much for people, hm... Can't say that I never said the same.
Jan 10, 2015 6:06 AM

Aug 2013
Hikari is becoming such a man.. such considerations for his family and friends.
Damn it I wouldn't let it slide if he doesn't get a happy ending. I don't want to see him hurt either.
Tsumugu is.. I kinda don't feel like he fits into the picture. Still more like an outsider for me.
Such friendships.. this is putting my heart on a roller coaster.
Feb 8, 2015 11:14 PM

Nov 2013
This anime has yet to really impress me.

Hikari is annoying and short tempered as ever beating the crap out of anyone who does something wrong. I'm glad he atoned for his sins though. Hopefully it's a sign that he will quit being such an asshole.

Sayu is continues to be a bratty half-pint like always. It was satisfying as hell watching her cry her eyes out. :D

Decent episode. Best one so far that's for sure. Hopefully Manaka and Chisaki will quit being fucking crybabies and get some backbone. Kaname, Tsumugu, and Uroko are the only characters I like in the show as of now.

7/10

Mar 11, 2015 11:26 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode. Seems things are complicated.
Apr 15, 2015 3:25 AM

Mar 2013
Really loving this show

that moment when Hikari looked like he was about to touch Manaka's face.... but he stopped

and Chisaki's feeling at the very end

so much going on underneath
Jul 27, 2015 11:40 AM

May 2014
Nice. Tackling each other is how real men sort their problems. I'm liking the pace of this show too, moving faster than other dramas. Hopefully chii-chan gets some screen time and development soon though. 5/5
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aug 2, 2015 9:04 AM

Nov 2009
This show is getting better at least but there needs to be less whining in my opinion.
Sep 7, 2015 11:12 AM
Mar 2014
Eh i expected more drama around the fact Akari's boyfriend already had a daughter.
Sep 12, 2015 6:50 AM

Jun 2009
Red_Keys said:
Honestly, Japan is one of the last places I'd expect to see a show with racial segregation as a theme come out of.

ya, well, don't expect many of the viewers to take much from it. at least it's something though.
Apr 7, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2014
Just pointing out something .. all the characters in a way are so cute ~ !!
And that's how friendships are made folks .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2016 7:19 PM

Feb 2013
I don't know why but this show makes me miss High School.
Oct 4, 2016 3:10 PM

Apr 2015
"And you're big."

WHAT?! Chisaki is freaking skinny! She's not a "big" girl, what the hell?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 24, 2016 3:37 AM

Feb 2013
Hopefully they will all get along now.
Feb 9, 2017 8:37 AM
Jan 2016
I love the discrimination theme in this episode
Nice to see that Hiroki and Manaka got some character development
Now we know the full story of Akari and this guy
Curious to see how the conflict inside Chisaki will turn out
Aug 15, 2017 5:04 AM

Mar 2015
The character development progress really significant. I love it.

Also Miuna is so cute... I wonder how she fit in the story along with these sea people. Is she gonna be like cousins with Hikari if her sis married the guy?

Jan 25, 2018 5:38 PM

Jul 2015
As much as Hikari was furious for the situation, he couldn't even think about getting mad at Miuna after knowing what happened to her mother, if someone can understand her it's him.

This put a big smile on my face, discrimination is such a sad thing, but I'm glad that this problem brought people from the land and the sea closer.

Kaname finally has some presence with solving the Sayu-Hikari problem in a very smooth way, Sayu just wants to be together with Miuna, her actions weren't good but she's still a kid and I can understand why she did that.

And in a situation where we can say that everyone went with a step up... Chisaki was the one that ended the worst.

She wanted to protect Hikari hiding that Sayu was the one who broke it, not really solving the problem but maybe avoiding to make it worse... which instead got solved going another way, this will definitely affect her.

Jan 12, 2019 11:32 AM
Apr 2016
A lot of character development, it's doing what many shows failed to do. Now since I'm already at episode 4, I'm getting more into the show, since the first episode was straight up dull for me.
Apr 16, 2019 4:14 AM

Aug 2017
A bit bored so far. Could use some fanservice maybe.
Dec 25, 2020 11:08 AM

Jun 2017
That single event ruining the statue connected all the characters together. I liked that. This might improve the students relationship in the future. But something tells me there is more to this sea vs land feud than meets the eye.
Akari's boyfriend was indeed the father of the kid then. I thought he was only looking after her in the last episode.
Aug 25, 2022 2:45 AM
Dec 2019
i would never bow to a racist, shameful.
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Dec 21, 2022 7:17 PM

Dec 2020
Tough to see where the lines are when these kids are picking on them for just for the sake of being different or plain racism? Speciesism? Well doesn't matter racism can be taught and programmed in and they all have to learn to know difference of what's ok and not.

Also the sisters boyfriend knew her when she was alot younger. Her friend died three years ago plus however long they've known each other and looks like she was a school uniform. So def very sus of the guy right there lol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.