Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2007 10:25 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Sanji kicks ass? Yeah, that's pretty much all there is to it.
Mar 7, 2007 11:33 AM

Jan 2007
The Devil Leg is cool

Finaly Luffy fight with the cat is near, 299 is good too.
Oct 18, 2008 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
somebody help me
who know the name of the music that plays in this episode at 09:48?
I liked it a lot

OEC ~ CCO ~ TSC+VIP ~ UC ~ TCO ~ TVMF ~ MCC + Other Badges
Nov 6, 2009 5:17 PM

May 2008
Xinil said:
Sanji kicks ass? Yeah, that's pretty much all there is to it.
I agree..
Dec 7, 2009 4:05 AM

Apr 2008
Just like Origa-san's - does anybody happen to know what's the title of the song around 19:00, when Sanji performs his Diable Jamble on Jyabura? I've searched half of the web but still couldn't find the song. Thanks in advance.
失われた翼を探して
Dec 27, 2009 5:49 PM

Feb 2009
Sanji got a hot leg, and kicks ass with it, literally!

Great episode, I just can't believe Sanji only got 1 episode of spotlight, it was a fast fight, all the others got 2, even Nami's fight dragged for so long...

Still I don't think this fight was as awesome as Franky with the howl balloon dude.
Jan 24, 2010 1:11 AM

Oct 2008
Sanji is le awesome.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 24, 2010 2:13 AM

May 2008
Sanji's leg power was wicked

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 9, 2010 8:23 AM

Jul 2009
Sanji's fight was awesome! Firmly reminding me why he's my fave OP character.
May 30, 2010 12:40 PM

Jul 2009
Sanji won. >:]

Zoro and Luffy left. My 2 favorite characters. :D

5/5
Jul 7, 2010 8:08 AM

Aug 2009
Sanji is def my favourite.
Suuuch a good episode.
Aug 10, 2010 7:54 PM

Jun 2010
You would think with his strong legs, he would imitate the geppou or rankyaku abilities, kinda like Luffy with soru and the second gear.
Feb 14, 2011 6:28 PM

May 2010
Now thats what I'm talking about! Epic fight by SANJI!
Apr 18, 2011 12:12 PM

Jun 2009
Short and sweet, just the way I like it. Best fight so far because it didn't take forever and was paced well. Great line at the end by Sanji, too.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 8, 2011 12:11 AM

May 2010
What? That didn't even make sense! If your leg is hot enough to burn someone else to death, then what about your freaking leg? That's like lighting my hand on fire and them punching someone. And if it's hot enough to glow molten red, then why aren't his pants on fire? Besides, that spinning thing looked really corny, like some tazmanian devil loony toons crap. I know One Piece doesn't really follow the laws of physics, but this was so bad they might as well fly around and shoot energy balls at each other.

At least it was short unlike the other fights though. What's going on with Luffy anyways? He keeps attacking the other guy so desperately but he's not even using his full power. If he's really almost out of time and getting his ass kicked, then why doesn't he just use his power up technique? I'm probably just getting irritated because this arc is taking so darn long...
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 8, 2011 6:26 AM
Feb 2011
Seabury said:
What? That didn't even make sense! If your leg is hot enough to burn someone else to death, then what about your freaking leg?

D: Odacchi, nice to meet you!! I finally sent you a postcard. It's a serious question, so give me a real answer. That trick that Sanji used to beat Jabra!! If it was that hot to Jabra, wouldn't it burn Sanji, too?!! Wouldn't Sanji be like, "yeow"?? Tell me! P.N. Oda Gayichiro

O: What are you talking about... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!! Are those eyes, or holes in your head?!! What were you watching in that fight?!! His LEG is hot?! No, it's not hot!! SANJI'S HEART WAS BURNING SO MUCH HOTTER!!!
Jul 22, 2011 12:10 AM

Aug 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Short and sweet, just the way I like it. Best fight so far because it didn't take forever and was paced well. Great line at the end by Sanji, too.

This.

I'm glad he is my favorite character in OP. That new leg technique is fucking insane
Jan 30, 2012 2:00 PM

Jan 2012
that was a good fight, fast-paced and dynamic like they all should be. i agree with seabury though, my main reaction at the closing of the episode was, "what the heck? his trousers aren't even scorched a LITTLE?" besides that, i like his power-up and how he spun to instigate it. sanji looked hot and he would be one of my favorite characters, if only he weren't so lame around women (his fail with kalifa still irritates me).
Mar 12, 2012 10:27 PM

Jan 2010
Josl said:
Seabury said:
What? That didn't even make sense! If your leg is hot enough to burn someone else to death, then what about your freaking leg?

D: Odacchi, nice to meet you!! I finally sent you a postcard. It's a serious question, so give me a real answer. That trick that Sanji used to beat Jabra!! If it was that hot to Jabra, wouldn't it burn Sanji, too?!! Wouldn't Sanji be like, "yeow"?? Tell me! P.N. Oda Gayichiro

O: What are you talking about... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!! Are those eyes, or holes in your head?!! What were you watching in that fight?!! His LEG is hot?! No, it's not hot!! SANJI'S HEART WAS BURNING SO MUCH HOTTER!!!

And this is why Oda is awesome XD. Haha, guys, this is trufax. One Piece runs on awesome, not physics.

SANJI'S HEART WAS BURNING HOTTER THAN HIS LEG :D
Apr 2, 2012 4:22 AM

Jun 2011
Lol at Jyabura being trolled by Sanji.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 13, 2012 11:28 PM

Mar 2012
Rizzle said:
Strategy said:
Sanji is def my favourite.
Suuuch a good episode.
insan3soldiern said:
Homolust said:
insan3soldiern said:

This.

I'm glad he is my favorite character in OP. That new leg technique is fucking insane

i agree with all these
May 16, 2012 8:10 AM

Sep 2011
insan3soldiern said:

For sure. I can understand why people want to see Sanji's fight drag out a little longer since the others got more air time, but finishing things in one episode just shows how quick and badass Sanji is! Short and sweet indeed.
Aug 13, 2012 4:25 AM

Sep 2009
Veethorn said:
Sanji got a hot leg, and kicks ass with it, literally!
Oct 20, 2012 2:03 PM

Mar 2010
Lots of new attacks lately.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 8, 2012 3:40 PM

Oct 2010
Sanji is probably the best character in fights (cool poses + funny attacks), I have to admit it. Just another awesome episode.
May 20, 2013 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
Seabury said:
What? That didn't even make sense! If your leg is hot enough to burn someone else to death, then what about your freaking leg? That's like lighting my hand on fire and them punching someone. And if it's hot enough to glow molten red, then why aren't his pants on fire? Besides, that spinning thing looked really corny, like some tazmanian devil loony toons crap. I know One Piece doesn't really follow the laws of physics, but this was so bad they might as well fly around and shoot energy balls at each other.

At least it was short unlike the other fights though. What's going on with Luffy anyways? He keeps attacking the other guy so desperately but he's not even using his full power. If he's really almost out of time and getting his ass kicked, then why doesn't he just use his power up technique? I'm probably just getting irritated because this arc is taking so darn long...

definitely agree, its become too unrealistic and too dragonball z like
May 20, 2013 8:22 AM
Jun 18, 2013 1:04 PM

Oct 2012
That must be the power of being an ero cook since you use your legs always in a fight,and a burning leg.Fu**ing hell :D
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Jul 3, 2013 8:42 PM

May 2013
Rahdip said:
Seabury said:

definitely agree, its become too unrealistic and too dragonball z like

The anime with devil fruits, giants as well as sea kings, and sky islands is just now becoming too unrealistic?
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Jul 29, 2013 12:10 PM

Apr 2012
AAAAH WHY IS SANJI SO COOL
That was super badass, it's amazing how much stronger he's gotten!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2013 5:54 PM
Dec 2012
isnt his leg fire a metaphore?....the fire was drawn on his leg but there was no actuall fire there, just a little food spice, the actual fire was inside him, with him being pissed off....you guys complaining about this stuff should get a brain that works or just quit the show if you dont like it ;))
Oct 4, 2013 1:04 PM
May 2009
I'm digging Sanji's new ability. It's about time he got to kick some ass.
Nov 21, 2013 7:19 AM

May 2012
A new move from Sanji! That was awesome. You don't always expect Sanji or Zoro to come up with anything different as they're already so well trained but when they do they really bring it.
Dec 28, 2013 3:38 AM

Aug 2013
"I think I overspiced it a bit"
Jan 11, 2014 7:37 PM

Dec 2012
Now that's what I am talking about!!! Pure awesomeness from Sanji!!! What an episode, what a fight, what a character!!! Love him :3
I like how everyone got updated during those fights :D
Now let's enjoy my other favourite XD
Jan 21, 2014 9:23 AM

Jun 2013
that wolf almost got me
Apr 15, 2014 6:06 PM

Feb 2014
"Looks like it was a little too spicy for you."

Sanji kicks ass! That fight was epic!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jul 8, 2014 10:41 PM

Dec 2012
Straight-up badass. The Straw Hats are really bringing it.
Jul 23, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
Sanji was amazing in this ep.

May 19, 2015 3:27 PM
May 2015
those fake ugly ass memeroies of jabra lol
Jun 2, 2015 5:58 AM

Jun 2015
damn sanji
Sep 14, 2015 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
Since nobody here noted it, Sanji's leg turned red...

This isn't the first time we've heard of a red leg.
Sep 24, 2015 9:38 AM
Feb 2015
Awesome fight and not dragged out like most, if only he wasn't a complete tool when around females i'd like him a lot more, he's still the most annoying character.
Jan 6, 2016 4:59 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Rizzle said:

this was just epic *-*

Jul 21, 2016 5:37 AM

Mar 2015
Nice one, Sanji!

Can't stand the 5-6 minutes of OP/recap at the start of every single episode though. Spreading what is thin, even thinner!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 27, 2017 8:34 PM

May 2014
Well that was lit.
Literally.
I'm sorry that is a terrible joke

Seriously though, that was cool af- Sanji's new ability looks frickin' awesome & I will never ever get sick of that suave jazz music that plays whenever he's around.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2017 2:51 AM

Dec 2013
Sanji flame kicked his ass lol. Cool to see Sanji improving with his techniques. Can't wait for Zoro and Luffy fight tho :D
Apr 25, 2017 12:22 PM

Jun 2015
That flaming leg of Sanji is amazing. This was badass.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 1, 2018 6:46 PM

Aug 2017
“God creates food and the devil creates spices”

“My heart was burning much hotter”

Yasss Sanji was so badass with his burning leg (and heart) technique. Man this show has the best characters :D
Sep 22, 2018 4:41 PM

Jun 2016
I had a suspicion I once voiced about the use of the six powers. I said I thought all of them could only be used once at a time unless there was a further mastery of the skills. I think I predicted Lucci could probably do everything at once because he's the strongest. Jabra confirmed this by saying he's the only one who can move around, use shave, etc, all while having Iron Body activated. If you recall Blueno had to stand still and tank a hit to use Iron Body. Jabra being the supposed only master of this specific skill was able to use shave and attack, not with pistol fingers, but rather with iron punches which are aligned with this. I think the six power users are far better than mantras were because they're easier to deduct and understand and almost every use of them, if not every use of them has felt fair and understandable. I haven't thought of any as an asspull or something uncalled for yet.

To voice sympathy to those who think the anime is going too far, I agree. The difference between this fantasy world having devil fruit powers and giants still being believable, and characters using second gear and devil foot being unbelievable isn't the fantasy elements. It's the fact that characters are getting stronger and stronger without having a proper build up when they're losing they're pulling out moves that we've never heard of and often were not or hardly ever foreshadowed, and it removes the stakes and satisfaction and build up to these moments. If I recall fights like Luffy vs Don Krieg and Arlong or honestly any fight in the Arlong arc or most in the Alabasta arc apart from Nami's were all grounded in characters utilizing their powers in ways we could expect. If Luffy was trapped in a net he could win by manipulating his body. If Sanji was fighting a fish underwater he could use his cook skills to beat it. However, when characters start using air cutting slashes like in Skypiea, or specifically when characters start using transformations we've never heard of or seen foreshadowed like the gears, or this devil foot technique(which was perhaps foreshadowed by Zeff), or when the fights stop being about wits or whoever comes out on top due to the certain circumstances but by power levels that we learn beforehand it becomes a fantasy show that doesn't seem to follow the rules it's set, that doesn't seem to build up to it's new powers and victories and that's why some people can say "why not let Sanji start flying and shooting beams" when he magically gets a red foot to win the fight just when he needs too. Again, since the red foot is related to Zeff, this example may not be accurate, but at the very least power levels and gear transformations are pushing it too far and because I've seen people arguing against those who think One Piece has gotten too unbelievable and not people defending it I thought I'd play devils advocate if not only because as soon as Luffy's second gear came out of nowhere I got nervous for the same reasons. Training sequences are important and can be seen in the likes of Dragon Ball and Hakusho so when characters do pull out their magic transformation like second gear, or whatever technique it is that saves them it doesn't feel ad hoc(I am not saying everything in those anime are that way, just that there are good examples in them).

At least the Sanji fight was awesome. No matter how many times Sanji saves the day at the last second by being clutch and awesome I will never get sick of it apparently. it's always so great!!! Maybe the awesomeness will fade but I adore it nonetheless. This was short and sweet and it was memorable. Similar to the Fukurou fight it was a massive slugfest of almost comedic proportions, both characters taking turns slamming each other into walls. Jabra pretending the kicks don't hurt but internal monologing the fact that they do and displaying the pain on his face. It was fun, satisfying and powerful. When Jabra tried to fool Sanji the same way he did against Usopp I knew it would be great. Sanji ended up using the foul nature of Jabra's tricks against him and tricking him by faking belief in his horribly fake story, and by faking himself running away. We could feel every hit and the push and pull was satisfying and the layer of outsmarting Jabra at play topped everything off. Or at least I thought it did. What really topped it off was:
Despite the fact that I can sympathize with people wanting the characters to use attacks that are foreshadowed, trained on screen, or extensions of what we already know, I LOVED THIS SO MUCH THAT IT MAY BE MY FAVORITE TECHNIQUE AFTER THE DOOR DOOR FRUIT. It was almost as ridiculous as something in Fist of the North Star and it was a reminder that Sanji is so manly that his techniques can be hilarious, not unlike when we swam like a swan with Porsche in his arms. He spun so fast his leg caught flame and heated up and he branded Jabra with his kicks. Kicks that already hurt Jabra real bad even if he didn't want to admit it so clearly these would pay off, and the animation and art sold them. It took only two flaming foot kicks to take him down, and the second came from that brutal Devilman-esque duel in the sky where he allowed Jabra to impale him so he could get a head shot. IT WAS EVEN MORE BAITS AND OUTSMARTING AT PLAY GAH DARN.
It gave me some Saint Seiya vibes too, specifically
Even if the red hot devils foot technique is a bit silly, came out nowhere, and didn't even burn his pants, the rule of cool nature of it was so hilarious and awesome I forgive all of that and adore it. I can only hope that it burnt his leg up real bad akin to
I think every super strong technique like this requires some risk-reward or else they could do it all the time and it feels contrived if they don't.

Sanji showed off why he is, like Luffy, a master of fighting with his emotions this episode. ^_^ Don't get him emotional or you'll regret it.

And finally, Usopp knows what only he can do to save Robin. I'm honestly not sure what he's going to do and I'm unsure where to even begin thinking. I think I'll have a discussion with my friend who's watching this with me to get my brain going.

TripleSRank said:
Since nobody here noted it, Sanji's leg turned red...

This isn't the first time we've heard of a red leg.

I was slightly mad when it came to Sanji having a red leg that wasn't necessarily foreshadowed and burnt his foes like hot fire without even burning his pants, but the fact that this detail slipped my mind makes me more lenient to that part of the scene because Sanji is just taking after Zeff I suppose. :'( That's beautiful and really cool and I'm glad you brought that up.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

174 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.