Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do Girls Like Ecchi?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 10, 2013 2:53 PM
Mar 2013
Mentalii said:
Actually I don't mind ecchi... I mean, I don't like it. At all. If there're ecchi scenes in an anime, I'll watch them passively. It's just that it won't prevent me from watching an anime.
For instance, I started watching Boku wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai because I liked the chara design and the synopsys sounded nice, without having a clue about its main "aim", that was ecchiness. And well, I'm not gonna give an opinion about this specific example but it's to show that I still managed to appreciate a serie despite the amount of ecchiness.
However, if the anime almost consists in this kind of scenes which are, besides, very graphic, then there is definitely no point in me watching this.

Wait a sec...Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai is ecchi? Lol, I'm so bad I don't even know the demographic/classifications of the anime I watch :P

As far as I could tell it was mainly comedy and romance. In any case, I don't care if any anime has ecchi or not so long as I get my daily dose of rom/com.

Ecchi for the sake of ecchiness is a total turn off though. If that makes any sense.
Dec 10, 2013 2:55 PM

Dec 2009
Mentalii said:
Actually I don't mind ecchi... I mean, I don't like it. At all. If there're ecchi scenes in an anime, I'll watch them passively. It's just that it won't prevent me from watching an anime.
For instance, I started watching Boku wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai because I liked the chara design and the synopsys sounded nice, without having a clue about its main "aim", that was ecchiness. And well, I'm not gonna give an opinion about this specific example but it's to show that I still managed to appreciate a serie despite the amount of ecchiness.
However, if the anime almost consists in this kind of scenes which are, besides, very graphic, then there is definitely no point in me watching this.

Most of the time if a anime is catogorised as Ecchi, i would avoid watching it. Which is sometimes a shame i guess, because the anime could indeed still be good despite the ecchiness.

Though there have been exceptions, like Hand Maid May ( which wasn't that Ecchi at all by the way) and HOTD , but that took me a long while before i really started to watch the entire anime, i just wanted to watch the zombie apocalypse theme of the anime.
Dec 10, 2013 2:56 PM

Dec 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
VashXTrigun said:
IntroverTurtle said:
VashXTrigun said:
zoknimano said:
Just like all the boys like ecchi anime, all the girls hate it. Fact.

Not entirely true. I know a girl who atleast seems not to mind watching anime with ecchiness in it.
I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm. Besides going by you logic, look at her top 5.

Aah..sarcasm you say..that does not compute with me :P.

The only anime in her list that could be considered ecchi as far as i know, are monogattari and evangelion.
Yes Monogatari, that series is famous for those sorts of shots among other things. Anyways the fact that that anime is in her favorites and she's rated Nisenmonogatari an 8 shows that she too does not mind watching an anime with ecchiness in it.

True, sounds logical enough. :)
Dec 10, 2013 2:58 PM

Feb 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
VashXTrigun said:
IntroverTurtle said:
VashXTrigun said:
zoknimano said:
Just like all the boys like ecchi anime, all the girls hate it. Fact.

Not entirely true. I know a girl who atleast seems not to mind watching anime with ecchiness in it.
I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm. Besides going by you logic, look at her top 5.

Aah..sarcasm you say..that does not compute with me :P.

The only anime in her list that could be considered ecchi as far as i know, are monogattari and evangelion.
Yes Monogatari, that series is famous for those sorts of shots among other things. Anyways the fact that that anime is in her favorites and she's rated Nisenmonogatari an 8 shows that she too does not mind watching an anime with ecchiness in it.

Liking one show with ecchi elements doesn't mean you like ecchi though. You'll never convince me that I don't hate ecchi just because I like the Monogatari series :P
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 10, 2013 3:05 PM

Nov 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Liking one show with ecchi elements doesn't mean you like ecchi though. You'll never convince me that I don't hate ecchi just because I like the Monogatari series :P
Well then I'm glad I'm not trying to do that. I was going by his logic when he said he knows a girl that doesn't mind watching an anime with ecchi means that they don't hate it. Then I posted that the person he quoted who was a girl liked the monogatari series which has some ecchi scenes in it. So then she probably didn't hate it, thus making her first post sarcasm.
Dec 10, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2011
Blame it all on the hormones.
Dec 22, 2013 2:41 AM

Aug 2013
Depends what anime it is (like sakurasou was good)
Dec 22, 2013 3:11 AM
Apr 2013
Yes, I can enjoy both male and female ecchi as long as it fits whatever I'm watching and doesn't distract from the show (Kill la Kill)
Dec 22, 2013 3:26 AM

Dec 2013
i don't know maybe for some people..

for me its boring
Dec 22, 2013 5:23 AM

Dec 2013
I'm a male, but i think it just depends on the female person watching on what's going on with her mind while watching ecchi genres.
Dec 22, 2013 5:35 AM

Dec 2012
I prefer watch an anime without ecchi, harem or fanservice, but if it has, well, I can watch it anyway. I didn't liked Highschool of the dead (and dropped it) because "oh, a zombie, oh, panties", "she's slaying a zombie and the only thing I can see are panties!" and NOPE. In comedy is okay and I don't have a problem, but nothing more.
So, which option I have to choose?
Dec 22, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
I normally don't like ecchi. One reason is that it often comes in conjunction with harems, and I dislike harems because the MC is usually unworthy of all the attention he's getting (but that's another issue). Also, times when ecchi takes away from the actual good parts of an anime bother me. But I don't hate ecchi itself. I just don't like when it makes an anime cheap by trying to get a bigger audience through panty shots and close ups of boobs. If an anime is actually really good, I will look past the ecchi. Bakemonogatari is one of my favorites and it's both ecchi and a harem.
Dec 22, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2007
I don't usually watch seris that have a big ecchi tag on it, but I don't mind ecchi if it isn't the main point of the anime. In fact I enjoyed all the ecchi in chobits because I thought it was hilarious, so for comedic use I don't mind it. But as moaru said, ecchi series usually have a boring male protagonist and at least 5 different girls interested in him, not that there aren't exceptions of course. I'm never going to watch series like queens blade though 'cause it's obvious that it only exists for the males and I'm not interested in watching a series based purely on that.
Dec 22, 2013 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
Fan service is for everyone
Dec 22, 2013 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
yeah..........................................
especially if it caters to their sexuality like anyone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2013 10:17 PM

Sep 2012
Depends on the girl. I have one friend who only cares about shoujo romance and would probably be disinterested in and grossed out by Highschool of the Dead and Love Hina and whatnot. But then I have another friend who will watch pretty much anything and enjoys the perverted humor in ecchi shows and will try to get me to watch some of them. Though I guess it's worth noting the second one is bi.

So maybe it just depends on her sexuality? I'm pretty indifferent to it.
Dec 22, 2013 10:20 PM

Sep 2012
You know, ecchi can apply to guys as well.

You're basically asking "do girls have sexual urges", which is imo a fucking retarded ass question.
Dec 22, 2013 10:37 PM

Dec 2013
MrsKotobuki said:
Yes, I can enjoy both male and female ecchi as long as it fits whatever I'm watching and doesn't distract from the show (Kill la Kill)

I'm not sure I've ever seen an ecchi scene that's targeted towards women? Could someone give me an example? And before you give the example are you sure its not just a scene that targets gay men?
Love and Peace!!!
Dec 22, 2013 10:50 PM
Jan 2013
Thund3r1 said:
MrsKotobuki said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen an ecchi scene that's targeted towards women? Could someone give me an example? And before you give the example are you sure its not just a scene that targets gay men?

There was that one scene from that one anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2013 11:03 PM

Jul 2013
Thund3r1 said:
MrsKotobuki said:

So an ecchi scene with females don't target straight males, but only target lesbians?

I don't understand your logic.
Dec 25, 2013 1:49 AM

Sep 2013
I'm a woman, and I like at least some ecchi (and even hentai). It depends on the series. If the erotic content makes sense in the context of the series and is well executed, I generally like it. I also like programs that satirize ecchi, and I like weirdness in general, so I'm happy to find the occasional bizarre ecchi series. "Eiken," for example, is both satirical and downright weird.

I don't like it when programs throw out some fan service that doesn't fit the characters or the story. "Rosario+Vampire" is an example. I enjoy it anyway for its creativity, fun characters, and general weirdness, but the frequent panty flashes get very old and add nothing to the story or the characters.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Jan 27, 2014 11:18 PM

Oct 2013
Some girls do, some girls don't...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCykn0_Fh6A
Jan 27, 2014 11:22 PM

Jan 2014
Well, my ex has told me that she doesn't mind ecchi so long as it doesn't get sexist - as in, the girls are more than just boobs, they have heart, character, strength, dreams, and ambitions. They are true characters. :)
Jan 29, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2013
It makes me feel really awkward watching ecchi anime so I try not to
I'm a girl by the way
AversaJan 30, 2014 11:04 AM
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jan 29, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2009
"The world would be a better place if everyone is willing to admit that men cries and women masturbate" - some dude on the internet
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 29, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2008
I watch it for the comedy.
Jan 29, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2013
Sure, as long as other aspects don't bother me (things that would chase me away from any anime)
Jan 29, 2014 6:00 PM
Dec 2013
I don't know, I'm a girl but I don't like ecchi anime.
Jan 29, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2012
Im a ecchi and I like girls.
Jan 29, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
SarahIlayda said:
My boyfriend told me that I'm weird because I like ecchi.

Wut.

I know like 3 girls who enjoy ecchi, not really a weird at all, don't see how enjoying seeing people do sexual things is remotely odd, it ads comedic as well as other forms of entertainment.

If anything he probably thinks bisexuality is weird (assuming you are).
Jan 30, 2014 8:57 AM

Sep 2013
ElPysCongroo said:
Girls are perverts too, they just better at hiding it.
Jan 30, 2014 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Both genders can be equally perverted. It's all a matter of taste.
Jan 30, 2014 9:43 AM

Mar 2008
I could've sworn I replied to this thread already - or it must've been a very similar one..

I occasionally watch hentai (very seldom though), but for some (weird) reason I don't like the majority of ecchi anime. xD
Jan 30, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
I have a couple of female friends that—while they may not particularly like it, per se—don't seem to mind watching it, provided it isn't too out there.
Jan 30, 2014 11:48 AM
Nov 2012
wow i actually am really surprised so many girls like ecchi
Oct 14, 2015 1:07 AM

Apr 2014
I think yes, 90% of girls actually hates ecchi anime, rest 10% likes it.

I have seen many reviews how they rate and review anime so bad, just because there is ecchi in anime. For example I have seen a girl user rating Prison School 1 and reviewed it so bad just because boys are pervert and girls showing too much panties and bla bla bla their all complains...
Oct 14, 2015 1:08 AM

May 2015
I'm not going to vote yes or no but 90% of my female friends enjoy ecchi and harem and or don't mind it.
This is it!, are you ready?
Oct 14, 2015 1:20 AM

Dec 2013
well, people have different taste in anime/manga. As for me, I don't like it.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 14, 2015 1:21 AM

Jul 2012
I don't see why a straight girl would enjoy watching tits and ass intentionally. I'd watch an ecchi anime for its story or other genres, at the least.
Oct 25, 2015 5:12 AM

Sep 2010
Some do, some don't. I think it's weird if girls do. Just because something is more commen doesn't mean the less commen is weird by default. Everyone works differently so don't mind what other think. You just watch what you enjoy.

me myself am not a big ecchi fan, however that does not mean I can not enjoy ecchi anime.

Seikon no Qwaser first season for example, I thought it was a pretty good anime despite the over the top ecchi. I would have enjoyed it more withoud the ecchi, but the ecchi alone was not enough to make me dislike the anime nor was it enough to prevent me from watching. Some people can look passed fan service stuff, some can't. Those who can't will watch because they love the ecchi, or not watch because they hate it. People who can't watch passed fanserive will also have troubles understanding people who can.

I can score ecchi anime high, despite the ecchi, not because of it. However, thats just me. Some people love the ecchi and thats alright.

I knew a girl who loved ecchi, who was not gay or even bi. She explained to me the reason she liked ecchi was because she liked the feeling of being desired as a woman. She somehow could project herself in some of the girls. Like how the guy watchers project themselves into the male main character.

I didn't fully understand her logic, because I would be very upset if a guy oogled me like that. But to each their own.

Everyone has their own reasons for why they do or do not enjoy something and sometimes people don't even know why.

Long story short, you are you, weird or not doesn't even matter. Who cares if people think your weird anyway, normal is overrated. :P

Go watch the shows you enjoy.
Oct 25, 2015 5:36 AM

Oct 2015
I have a friends who likes ecchi things, she's an artist who loves yuri but I don't think she is necessarily a lesbian.
Oct 25, 2015 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
Not my thing, but rarely I'll like it for the comedy. For instance, B Gata H Kei.
Oct 25, 2015 7:39 AM
Jan 2013
moaru said:
I normally don't like ecchi. One reason is that it often comes in conjunction with harems, and I dislike harems because the MC is usually unworthy of all the attention he's getting (but that's another issue). Also, times when ecchi takes away from the actual good parts of an anime bother me. But I don't hate ecchi itself. I just don't like when it makes an anime cheap by trying to get a bigger audience through panty shots and close ups of boobs. If an anime is actually really good, I will look past the ecchi. Bakemonogatari is one of my favorites and it's both ecchi and a harem.

By the power of our shaft and the glorious Japanese corporate overlords.All hail bakemongatari.

It's shows that even girls will call something good as long as something got money and enough otaku power.

It doesn't matter what went on in it.

Girls don't hate ecchi at all,they don't even care about what happened.

Oct 25, 2015 7:56 AM

Jan 2015
Yes.
Oct 25, 2015 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
Well I am reading things like Cage of Eden, DeathTopia, and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. So... Yeah.
Oct 25, 2015 12:15 PM

Mar 2011
Damn yes.
..Unless it's something plot-less, I'd go read hentai in that case.
Oct 25, 2015 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
DarkLordofYuri said:
I have a friends who likes ecchi things, she's an artist who loves yuri but I don't think she is necessarily a lesbian.

That means she likes it for the artistic value, not because of the fanservice.
Oct 25, 2015 12:34 PM

Oct 2015
I think it depends on how it's made. I mean.. I hate fan service in most of the series. Usually it is so stupid and poorly made. But.. The variation of the style is so broad so.. Not sure if I can say if I like it or not
Oct 25, 2015 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah it's okay. Personally, I looooovee Kiss X Sis. It's one of my favourite shows and I have a friend who loves it too!
Oct 25, 2015 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
Some girls do, some girls don't, easy as that.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 4 hours ago

13 by cyandaqil »»
2 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 4 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
4 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

56 by Pinoffin »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 2 hours ago

13 by APolygons2 »»
9 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 2 hours ago

14 by APolygons2 »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.