Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 21, 2013 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
AkiyamaMiyuki said:
phoenixalia said:
How is disliking something considered rude? By what I've seen most of the negative comments have been pretty polite, even the example you have given - "The licking part was disturbing!".
You cannot know how exactly the show is going to be just from the synopsis. And maybe some of them were curious even after reading it, so they gave it a shot. The fact that they didn't like it and decided to leave a comment explaining why doesn't make them in any way rude, they just have a different opinion. Everyone has the right to comment, rate and write reviews, no matter if they are positive or not. Yeah, maybe it's a bit early to judge since we're only 1 episode in, but you still can't blame anybody for not liking it.
If I've misunderstood what you were saying, I'm sorry.

+1
This is what I've been trying to explain on tumblr.
Stop blaming people who don't like it.

It's rude to the fans, publisher etc. I am not blaming anyone, I just don't understand why people go out of their way to comment here about how they dislike something whils they know there are fans out here who'd read those comments(just like what they do on youtube etc.) If I dislike something, I don't go and say how much I disliked it etc, I just keep it to myself thinking there are people who DID enjoy that "something" and that if I said something they might get "hurt". I know it's the internet and everyone has their own opinions and all but I had expected, atleast on animelist, that people would not just badmouth something they dislike and think of their fellow "anime lovers/otaku"

There's a reason why MAL sounds like cancer. I thought its forum was THE place for anime lovers/otaku but most of it is just people bashing other people for their opinions :/
Sep 21, 2013 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
I must say, that was really sexy. xD I'm a sucker for dark otoge like this, it's so hot haha. Also, the heroine's seiyuu was really good. Can't believe it's her first role. She makes the girl seem less helpless. Heroine really felt like a normal girl. Like, I could be her...Ahh fantasizing *drools*

I like the Ayato guy. His evilness is so smexy. :3

The only one that rivals him is Shu. I have a feeling that he'll be one of the 'good guys', so to speak. He's pretty hot too. <3 Those earphones.

I usually skip the season's otome adaptions except for good ones like Amnesia, but I really want to give this a go. It's too hawt, haha. Exactly my tastes. >///< mukya. Ahh, it's like a fantasy come true! Well, not really come true. >.> just come true in an anime, haha. xD I wouldn't want something like this to actually come true. But, the sadistic guys are just too hot. I'm sorry for being an M.
fishergirl16Sep 21, 2013 6:59 PM
Sep 21, 2013 7:32 PM

May 2012
That was actually a lot more intense than I thought it would be. Not much cutesy-shoujo-lovey-doveyness, which is refreshing & nice for a change ^^
Could've been better without the awkward "B*itch-chan" though.... don't even get me started on Ayato's asymmetrical pants...

Still, with the art style and mysterious storyline going on, it's quite interesting and different; will keep watching ^^
Sep 21, 2013 7:49 PM

Jul 2012
Leio said:
Will try to continue watching this for Shuu.

^
Sep 22, 2013 4:58 AM

Apr 2009
AkiyamaMiyuki said:

It's rude to the fans, publisher etc. I am not blaming anyone, I just don't understand why people go out of their way to comment here about how they dislike something whils they know there are fans out here who'd read those comments(just like what they do on youtube etc.) If I dislike something, I don't go and say how much I disliked it etc, I just keep it to myself thinking there are people who DID enjoy that "something" and that if I said something they might get "hurt". I know it's the internet and everyone has their own opinions and all but I had expected, atleast on animelist, that people would not just badmouth something they dislike and think of their fellow "anime lovers/otaku"

So nobody should criticize anything?
Why is the opinion of someone who dislikes it not worth sharing, on the contrary the opinion of someone wholikes it? Why do you think that negative criticism in any form is not allowed? Criticism is by default negative and positive as well, as balanced feedback is one of the most important aspects if you want to improve.
Your childish and hypocrite sense of positivism is nurtured by the advertisiing industry and a society that is driven by a false sense of tolerance towards everything dangerous and intolerant.
You have the right to voice your opinion, but nobody has the right to has his opinion respected if it is dumb. Asimov once said that anti-intelletualism is running rampant in society because everyone believes that their ignorance is just as worthy of discussing than somebody's else knowledge. It's the same here.
This series here has obvious flaws and while nobody will tell you that it is wrong to have a positive opinion, you will certainly not gain respect for posting it. Respect has to be earned. Respect by people with standards will have to be earned by abiding to certain standards and being intelligent.
So yeah, if you post dumb stuff be prepared to be called dumb because that's what you are. The internet is by extent just a culmination of human behaviour in a digitalized form and just like you'll be ridiculed in school when you say Hitler lived in the 17th century you'll be ridiculed here if you post similar crap.
NidhoeggrSep 22, 2013 5:07 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 22, 2013 9:33 AM

Dec 2010
for 15 minutes, i expected outstanding artwork. something is off and i can't pin-point it. the bitch-chan thing is insulting and kanato is absolutely terrifying (he's totally yandere).
Sep 22, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2010
Well, that was actually fun to watch. Beautiful artwork too.
Kanato is my favourite so far. He's creepy, making him interesting...
And wow, the heroine is not annoying?!
BiscuitRootSep 22, 2013 11:46 AM
Sep 22, 2013 2:03 PM

Jun 2013
Like Brothers Conflict, but more sadistic. And yes, the heroine is always the same, annoying, weak person. But Shuu was great, I must admit.
Sep 22, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2011
vampires and sadism my two favorite things out in one anime.. but i think i might have to get the game to understand this better
Sep 22, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2012
And so the fanservice for horny high school girls begins with the main character getting gang raped at the end of the first episode.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Sep 22, 2013 6:19 PM

Aug 2008
I would say gang feasted rather...
Sep 22, 2013 6:40 PM

Oct 2008
I would let those boys drink my blood any day (◕‿◕✿)
Sep 22, 2013 7:18 PM

Jul 2013
DragonCurse4 said:
Magito said:
I find it cute Ayato calling her chichinashi(pancake).

Um...actually it means Bitch-chan. ^_^;

Correction once more. It means flat titties or breastless.
tiffanyhngSep 22, 2013 8:17 PM
Sep 23, 2013 5:42 AM

Dec 2012
Uh oh, these guys all wanna get in her pores and drink her dry. Poor Bitch-chan. Couldn't stop laughing at this first episode, it's like a submissive fangirl's dream come true. Reminds me of the Watamote episode with the Yandere guys.
ZekkenshinSep 23, 2013 5:45 AM
Sep 23, 2013 7:26 AM

Mar 2013
I already hate that guy, who keep calling her bitch-chan. The licking part was weird...
It's different from what I expected it to be and so far pretty painful to watch.
Sep 23, 2013 1:03 PM
Jul 2013
It's okay so far... except the animation's so bad it almost looks like a flash game ^^; and yeah what the fuck is up with the bitch guy >:( but much as it pains and pisses me off, I can't drop an anime halfway and at least megane, tsundere and earphone guy are bishies :3
Sep 23, 2013 1:29 PM

Mar 2013
tiffanyhng said:
DragonCurse4 said:
Magito said:

Actually I'm going to correct both you, and myself. :P

Apparently it means two things:

Both bitch-chan, and "pancake" (ie no boobs). He says chichinashi for both of those.
Fear The Wrath Of The Dragon
Sep 23, 2013 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
OMFG THERE EYES ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!
The voices are FANTASTIC
Too bad its only 15-16 mins each ep:(
Sep 23, 2013 5:24 PM

Dec 2008
DragonCurse4 said:
tiffanyhng said:
DragonCurse4 said:
Magito said:

Actually I'm going to correct both you, and myself. :P

Apparently it means two things:

Both bitch-chan, and "pancake" (ie no boobs). He says chichinashi for both of those.

No he doesn't. Laito is the one who calls Yui "Bitch-chan", and he says it exactly like that. Ayato calls her "chichinashi" which means LITERALLY "breastless".
Sep 25, 2013 12:17 PM

Mar 2009
I feel embarrassed watching this. Girl's about as sharp as a sack of potatoes...

Also, Bitch-chan is just stupid as fuck. I wish he'd just drop the -chan.
Sep 27, 2013 7:35 AM

Jul 2009
I like this Diabolik Lovers than Brother Conflict. 1st of all I like the Vampire Story, & sadistic character. But one thing I really don’t like that Yui called as a “bitch-chan”.
Sep 27, 2013 7:55 PM

Nov 2012
Lol randomly picked this up and really went in without expectations
What kind of girl would let guys lick them? http://i.imgur.com/DnyFW1w.jpg

This is really entertaining http://i.imgur.com/fr6ZYZg.jpg
RX-782Sep 27, 2013 7:59 PM
Sep 28, 2013 11:26 PM

Nov 2012
Seems okay, but not the best. I'll see how it turns out...
Sep 29, 2013 2:35 AM

Feb 2012
Am I the only one who thought this was just all the way around horrible?? lol

Terrible plot that has been done...
(I.E. Vampire Knight)

Hideous art style/animation

Pathetic main character.

SO predictable.

Not to mention just bad... But hey, just my opinion.. I will give it one more ep but damn... this is just not good or even original.
Sep 29, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2011
Ugh, no.

Not gonna even bother adding it to my list, just not my thing.
Sep 29, 2013 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
miss_cindyrella said:
Am I the only one who thought this was just all the way around horrible?? lol

Terrible plot that has been done...
(I.E. Vampire Knight)

Hideous art style/animation

Pathetic main character.

SO predictable.

Not to mention just bad... But hey, just my opinion.. I will give it one more ep but damn... this is just not good or even original.

Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed. I mean I can usually put up with a terrible female lead if the guys are hot but they are so lame! I mean the lines they come out with sound like they from a really bad self-help guide for picking up girls. I feel like I'm watching an anime of a 14 year old girl's fan fiction. It's just bad. It just makes me so angry I've dropped this to save myself the rage.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 29, 2013 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
I started watching this out of curiosity. It was better than what I expected. I like Yui, she's not as soft spoken as other MCs. Now if we start talking about the guys... that's a whole different story.

I guess I'll keep watching it because of the seiyuu. The voice acting is good.
Sep 29, 2013 8:43 PM

Nov 2012
The art is nice...
I suppose that's the only nice thing so far.
I'll give it a few episodes, but so far the way the characters act has really put me off.
Oct 1, 2013 4:45 PM
Oct 2009
I stumbled upon this by chance and didn't know anything except that there are vampires and a girl and this is shoujo xD didn't read the summary cuz I wanted to judge it based on what I saw. The mood was set pretty good. the youngest son's hair is so ugly though his voice is cool xD who was the purple haired one? I thought it was the girl who last lived there and is now leaving.. but it could be another boy (was just thinking before that, that none of the boys have long hair). One thing I don't like is how one of the bros calls her Bitch-chan >> Idk but I expect a shallow plot.. but we'll see. Please Diabolik Lovers surprise me in a good way..! :)
Oct 3, 2013 8:58 PM

May 2009
Okay. first episode really did suck and confused me and why is the guy calling her a bitch when they all are being asshats?

And she is so.......well I just flat out don't like her. And when I was thinking about this anime before watching I thought she was going to have dark hair. For some reason i have a problem with her being a blond.

None of the guys are cute, they are annoying as hell.
Oct 4, 2013 6:37 AM

Jan 2008
tingy said:
First otome adapted anime that I've watched with a heroine that isn't so soft spoken :) the cast is quite interesting, just as expected after reading their character profiles. But man that guy Raito annoys me already, calling someone "Bitch-chan" o_o and what first episode and we already find out that she's not her father's child. I like that intense music for the ED.

I also have a problem with Raito its wrong that whats his face also calls her Pancake as well

Other then those it was okay not an OMG great start but it was decent
Oct 7, 2013 9:13 AM

Apr 2011
the whole time watching this i was thinking of brothers conflict, to me this is a vampire version of it, im in love with this already, cant wait to see how the rest unfold
Oct 7, 2013 1:52 PM
Mar 2013
Guys can anyone tell me what ayato is saying at the end of the ep after the preview? It hasn't been translated, and it's just frustating, no, killing me >3<
SarayOct 8, 2013 1:23 PM
Oct 8, 2013 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, that was great! I like the characters, the setting, the mood, the art, the voice acting, the.. pretty much everything, except for the rape-like scene in that room where no one else was supposed to enter.

So far my favorite is the eldest son, Shu, then follow by the 3rd eldest, the red hair dude whom she first met, then the second eldest megane-kun.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 9, 2013 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
That was . . . weird. If I was her, I'd be half scared they are going to kill me, and half scared they are going to rape me. But, I guess they just found entertainment in scaring her.
Aw, not Kaji Yuki's voice again. I really don't like it (just my own opinion).

Oct 17, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2012
This is my new favourite show
Oct 18, 2013 5:29 AM

Dec 2008
"Nice to meet you,bitch-chan" - I'm already liking this guy
Oct 31, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2008
Is this a comedy? Because I laughed through the entire 1st episode.

So, they're all asshole vampires and apparently also pedophiles. The girl looks like she couldn't be more than 12 years old. That would explain why she's flat as a pancake.

Bitch-chan? I really don't think honorifics are required if that's going to be his pet name for her.
Dec 21, 2013 4:17 AM

Feb 2008
"Bitch-chan". Attempted gang rape. Girl being abused and treated as an object. I feel bad for any female who actually enjoys this tripe.
Mar 20, 2014 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
bitch-chan and pancake xD cool nickname bro
the voice of the heroine is COOL not like other harem anime like sayin "Uh...,I.." and these annoying voices but this time I LIKED IT for the first episode : p
but actually i kept laughing when they all like licked her neck xD i thought they're going to rape her or something (which something i'm surely will happen ) no wonder they will only not bite her neck LOOOl episode 2 here we go :D

Apr 29, 2014 11:06 AM

Feb 2010
That Bitch-chan cracked me up
May 10, 2014 6:06 PM

Mar 2014
Nice art and pretty good voice actors. The rest? Shit. Dropped it
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 9, 2014 8:59 AM

Feb 2013
Wow! This anime is very promising. Those guys are kind of scary.. but I really love the artwork!

I'm a little bit sad because the eps are so short :(
Jun 29, 2014 8:31 PM
Oct 2011
dostedt
Jul 1, 2014 9:02 AM

Jan 2012
in b4 vampire gangbang (except for the gay and the beta purple haired ones)

they will all come to like her and try to protect her in the end

she will want stay with them because they won't be the same without her..

the end..

gonna watch this when I want to doze off or comic relief..
Dec 10, 2014 7:31 AM

Dec 2009
Damn the art looks good, but seriously, I just hate the entire cast, especially the guy that keeps calling her ""bitch-chan". Is this a shoujo or what? Shouldn't there be some chemistry in a harem, even if just a little?
Jan 21, 2015 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
That was really awesome! I loved it, never played the game though.

So she's to be someones bride, interesting. 6 brothers! D:

They are all so hot! <3
Feb 4, 2015 5:19 PM
Dec 2014
“Diabolik Lovers" is a horror anime based on the visual novel game by Rejet.

Yui is a girl who can see ghosts. Her father convinces her to move in with an old acquaintance of his because he has to move due to his new job.

Yui finds out that the house's residents are six sadistic young men who just happen to be vampires. To make things
worse, there's a secret in Yui's body that makes her blood a delicious treat to them.
Feb 4, 2015 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
SlayerFanGirl said:
“Diabolik Lovers" is a horror anime based on the visual novel game by Rejet.

Yui is a girl who can see ghosts. Her father convinces her to move in with an old acquaintance of his because he has to move due to his new job.

Yui finds out that the house's residents are six sadistic young men who just happen to be vampires. To make things
worse, there's a secret in Yui's body that makes her blood a delicious treat to them.

What's the purpose of this post?
Feb 19, 2015 12:09 PM

May 2014
Hmm, it looks pretty interesting... my 1st reverse harem...
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2013

162 by Starlight2003 »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:46 PM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Utahime__ »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

105 by averagecupofjo »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.