Forum Settings
Forums

For people who watch anime from laptops etc...

New
Sep 6, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2012
Don't you wish you that anime sites had something that made the next episode automatically play, I ask because when I'm feeling good under the sheets and the ED starts I don't feel like stretching across the bed just to go to the next episode

how do u guys feel about it

inb4imlazyandfat

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2013 6:29 PM

Jun 2007
CrunchyRoll has an auto-play button to play the next episode once the current one ends.

All media players have playlists as well.
Sep 6, 2013 6:30 PM

Jun 2012
You could open the next episode in a new tab and get the same affect.
Sep 6, 2013 7:02 PM

Jun 2011
It doesn't bother me... but I also have my laptop right next to me (even though I watch it on my television), so it's not much of a hassle to change it myself.
Sep 6, 2013 7:16 PM

Aug 2012
celestialocean said:
It doesn't bother me... but I also have my laptop right next to me (even though I watch it on my television), so it's not much of a hassle to change it myself.

VGA cords ftw
Sep 6, 2013 7:30 PM

Dec 2012
Me kinda understand what you mean, but previously stated there are some sites like crunchyroll that auto play the next episode.

Me personally I switch from watching Anime from my laptop screen to my T.V. (HDMI) I always keep my laptop close to me so I don't have to worry about that problem much. But I understand your feelings.
=^-^=
Sep 6, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2012
This sounds like a Snuggie commercial.
Sep 6, 2013 7:34 PM

Apr 2009
But I do have that. I just use my MAL updater to automatically play the next file. Easy as pie.

Oh, the wonders of not being a streamer.
Sep 6, 2013 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
VLC media player FTW. Although I never watch anime from such a puny screen. I got my 50" LED in my room connected to my PC as an additional monitor.

Lifting weighs, big screen, wireless headphones, that's how it's done son.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Sep 6, 2013 7:42 PM

Sep 2012
MajinSaga said:
VLC media player FTW. Although I never watch anime from such a puny screen. I got my 50" LED in my room connected to my PC as an additional monitor.

That's the way to do it my man! And OP, why don't you just get a wireless mouse and use your stomach or leg as the surface, so you don't have to move? That's what I do and I never have to stretch. Also, Playlists don't let you skip the ED, which no one wants to watch 25 times in a row anyway so it's faster to click through he episodes rather than using a playlist, unless there's way to automatically skip to the next file after it hits the ED.
Sep 6, 2013 7:48 PM

Dec 2012
What your lazy ass needs is a wireless mouse then you can do whatever you need to do on your laptop from across the room. It's like$10 and it just goes into one of your USB ports.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 6, 2013 7:48 PM
Jun 2012
get a wireless mouse
Sep 6, 2013 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
I would understand when it's cold and you don't want to move any finger but when it's hot this shouldn't be a problem. I always have my laptop on my legs.
Sep 6, 2013 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
I use my wireless mouse when ever i want to lay down on my bed when using my laptop.
Sep 6, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2012
This would not be an issue if you exercised more regularly and ate healthy. In addition to giving you greater energy throughout the day, a balanced diet can help you prevent type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and even some types of cancer. Likewise exercise keeps your weight under control, improves your overall mood, and delivers oxygen and other important nutrients to vital tissues throughout your cardiovascular system making them run more efficiently.

What I'm politely trying to explain is,

you're lazy and fat.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Sep 6, 2013 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
MiniSiets said:
This would not be an issue if you exercised more regularly and ate healthy. In addition to giving you greater energy throughout the day, a balanced diet can help you prevent type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and even some types of cancer. Likewise exercise keeps your weight under control, improves your overall mood, and delivers oxygen and other important nutrients to vital tissues throughout your cardiovascular system making them run more efficiently.

you're lazy and fat.

/THREAD.

Complaining about clicking on something, SMH.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Sep 6, 2013 8:27 PM

Jun 2007
MajinSaga said:
MiniSiets said:

you're lazy and fat.

/THREAD.

I will never be able to understand what SMH means. I see it, I google it, I go "oh okay" and I forget immediately after. Something about it just makes no sense to me.
Sep 6, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
MajinSaga said:
MiniSiets said:

you're lazy and fat.

/THREAD.

I will never be able to understand what SMH means. I see it, I google it, I go "oh okay" and I forget immediately after. Something about it just makes no sense to me.
Sep 6, 2013 8:29 PM

Jun 2007
Red_Keys said:

Reported for causing mental anguish.
Sep 6, 2013 11:44 PM

May 2013
Not quite useful I guess. If there's such feature, I bet you'll have to hear the whole ending song before it continue to the next episode. It's better to get up and click by yourself which is much quicker than waiting for the whole ending song.
Sep 6, 2013 11:47 PM

May 2011
Torrents and 5 button mouses ftw
Sep 7, 2013 1:06 AM

Aug 2012
Use a mouse, preferably a wireless one.

It works wonders.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 7, 2013 2:18 AM

Apr 2011
MajinSaga said:
VLC media player FTW.

This, except I use MPC. Why stream when you can download?
Sep 7, 2013 3:21 AM

Mar 2012
It's not like there's anything stopping you from downloading anime on a laptop. How do you think I watch the majority of my anime? The only streaming site I use is Crunchyroll which has an auto play function so I'm not bothered in the slightest.
Sep 7, 2013 8:15 AM

Apr 2010
Eh, it doesn't bother me so much. Usually when I view from my laptop instead of my regular PC, I'm hunched down with two pillows propped behind me a bit while I have the laptop sitting on my chest in the bed. It stays warm or cool enough that I don't really bother with sheets or the comforter, since I'd just be inclined to kick them around. If not that then I'm usually swapping to my left or right side with the laptop when I get tired of it on my chest lol.
I move around too much for it to matter basically~
BBA aka BamboozledByAnime
Dec 16, 2016 6:06 AM
Dec 2013
CrunchyRoll has an auto-play button to play the next episode once the current one ends.

All media players have playlists as well

Are there more sites like this?
Dec 16, 2016 6:15 AM
Mar 2015
I personally keep my laptop on my desk and just sit on my chair when watching anime, but you could take your mousepad and your mouse and just keep them next to you. That's what my sister does, and it works well for her!
Dec 16, 2016 6:20 AM

Feb 2016
9anime automatically plays the next episode.
Dec 16, 2016 6:20 AM
Sep 2011
I use wireless mouse or just put all episode on playlist
Dec 16, 2016 6:47 AM

Apr 2015
Netflix does it. But after a while it asks "Are you still watching?" which is kinda irritating. Don't judge me, Netflix.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 16, 2016 7:34 AM

Jan 2015
Californiaa said:
Don't you wish you that anime sites had something that made the next episode automatically play, I ask because when I'm feeling good under the sheets and the ED starts I don't feel like stretching across the bed just to go to the next episode

how do u guys feel about it

inb4imlazyandfat
I have the perfect solution for ya...

9anime.to - Best anime site IMO, HD quality, No Ads, Auto Play, Backup servers, never couldn't find an anime on there.

I don't blame you for missing it, I only found it recently as well.
Dec 16, 2016 8:11 AM

Apr 2015
9anime does that, I've started using that since KA went down.

With that said, if you don't have the motivation to move an arm and press a button (or slide the mouse/mousepad and press a button), you truly are the full embodiment of slothfulness, you're existence is a drag, and it makes my brain tremble in the most unappealing ways.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 16, 2016 8:20 AM

Jan 2015
InsaneLeader13 said:
9anime does that, I've started using that since KA went down.

With that said, if you don't have the motivation to move an arm and press a button (or slide the mouse/mousepad and press a button), you truly are the full embodiment of slothfulness, you're existence is a drag, and it makes my brain tremble in the most unappealing ways.
my brain trembles...............
Jan 21, 2017 10:02 PM
Sep 2014
Try 9anime, its free, auto plays next episodes, and haves dubs/subs
Jan 21, 2017 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
Netflix has an auto play feature at the end of each episode into the next one. For instance, I was watching the anime Ajinn then after the episode ended, the next on played. In addition, the next episode skipped the opening as well. Very convenient
Jan 21, 2017 11:41 PM

Sep 2016
I download it and watch it on VLC. And VLC has an 'open folder' option so after one episode ends another is played right after it
Jan 21, 2017 11:47 PM

Apr 2015
I don't typically watch anime in bed. My bed is merely for sleeping. I'm in a chair or standing if I'm watching anime.

Also, considering I like to leave comments after an episode ends, an 'automatic next episode' feature would be a bit frustrating.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jan 22, 2017 6:17 AM

Dec 2007
I don't see how is that even a problem in the first place... We're talking about a stretch across the bed, not a lap around a stadium, right?

And personally I dislike the autoplay function as I like to do stuff between episodes, looking for the VAs, making myself coffee, reading the reviews or comments or just checking another website, so I'd pass even if there was autoplay option in my preferred sites.
Jan 22, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2017
I'd rather click towards the next episode than wait for autoplay because what if I need to go to the loo or get food? I know I'd pause anytime but...

Yeah, I'm kinda indifferent.

Nue is best Touhou
Jan 22, 2017 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
Considering that in most websites all you need to do is simply press a single button to go to the next episode i don't really see the huge necessity of this feature. Other than for the sake of some lazy people dont having to move their thumbs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2017 4:37 PM

Jul 2015
Kurt said:
I don't get how people can watch anime on their beds. I usually fall asleep when I try to.

Anyone with a kuvshinov ilya avatar is a friend of mine
It's okay to smirk

Jan 22, 2017 4:47 PM

Jun 2013
Use a wireless mouse under the covers?
Jan 22, 2017 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
Aqua_Mars said:
I would understand when it's cold and you don't want to move any finger but when it's hot this shouldn't be a problem. I always have my laptop on my legs.
I had an AMD laptop from 2004 until three years ago, never caught a cold (cpu decoding HD was at 65 degrees cels. all the time).

Edit : you better put a piece of cardboard between the laptop and your blanket, unless you want to either kill it from air deprivation, or on long term, get the fan clogged with dust.
Just an advice if you are not wealthy ones.
NoblueskyJan 22, 2017 5:09 PM
Jan 22, 2017 5:00 PM

Dec 2016
If you can buy a laptop you surely can buy a wireless mouse.

It's only disadvantage is that once in a while you'll have to buy new batteries.
Jan 22, 2017 6:12 PM

Dec 2014
I connect my Laptop to the TV, then have a mouse with a long cord stretching to my bed or couch.

Only problem is I've tripped over the cord about 20 times when I wake up, or forget about it.
Jan 22, 2017 9:31 PM

Nov 2014
I have a script for chrome that does just this on certain sites but i do not really watch anime on streaming sites so it is pointless for me, the only times i ever use sites is if i can't ind what i am looking for in good quality or it's a short and i do not feel like downloading it.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Jan 22, 2017 10:37 PM

Apr 2014
I always keep my laptop at an arm length be it when I'm sitting on the table or on the bed, so it's never been a problem for me, besides, it's just a fckin click.
Jan 22, 2017 10:45 PM

Sep 2009
I get logitech mouse server and use my phone as a remote. I also download and don't use streaming sites.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 22, 2017 10:49 PM

Dec 2015
Reverb_Shock said:
MajinSaga said:

That's the way to do it my man! And OP, why don't you just get a wireless mouse and use your stomach or leg as the surface, so you don't have to move? That's what I do and I never have to stretch. Also, Playlists don't let you skip the ED, which no one wants to watch 25 times in a row anyway so it's faster to click through he episodes rather than using a playlist, unless there's way to automatically skip to the next file after it hits the ED.
same ED 25 times in a row? no need when your binge watching multiple series :^3 so playlist ftw \o/

Jan 22, 2017 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
VLC need to queue all your videos in the playlist to make it auto-play (but make sure the name are in proper order like 01 instead of 1 because it will continue to 10 / 11 / 12 then 2)

MPC have auto play next files in folder built-in

Then try to remember each player's shortcut to skip to next files / skip couple of seconds.

You can try get something like maybe
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

136 by FanofAction »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
32 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 50 minutes ago

2 by LightWorker »»
32 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 7 hours ago

23 by Horshu »»
32 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

47 by traed »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.