Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 31, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I'm going to miss some of those kids at that academy. Well at least Alis is still here so I'm happy about that. I wasn't expecting more gravekeepers this episode.

Oh and I see Hambart as well. HOLY SHIT. Oh wait. Nice to see Scar again as well. The OST matches her feelings perfectly.
Aug 31, 2013 12:39 PM
Dec 2012
LOL@the cake. Good, they left the school kids finally. The 2nd half was interesting. Didn't imagine her dad would show up again. Poor Ai, he didn't talk to her. Glad Scar was back. Are they going to visit another school? Still no idea where the series is headed.
Aug 31, 2013 3:57 PM

Nov 2007
Searching Scar with the baby. Nice to see the two from dead city while everyone except that red hair guy and ghost girl, who left half way, are sent back to everyone's home. lol @ red hair guy's 16th b-day being passed, though he doesn't "care" about it. Nice little b-day party. A place for Hakamoris to give birth?? And with same faces? But storms ahead. Seeing illusions about everyone's memory, and arriving to where Scar is. Cool man for the protect delaration.

Next ep. is about 3-nen-4 gumi, the closed society?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 31, 2013 10:10 PM

May 2011
Loved the nice moment that they all had at the end. And it was just so heartwarming to see Scar tearing up like that with Celica and Yuri. Nice going man!

I've got a good feeling about Alis's arc to save his class. Gonna be looking forward to seeing that.
Aug 31, 2013 10:30 PM

Jun 2012
The world never fails to fascinate me. The mixture of fantasy with remnants modern society is something you don't see done often

The reactions to Yuri's "proposal" was funny. That's so Ai
HybridMBLAug 31, 2013 10:45 PM
Aug 31, 2013 10:33 PM

Jul 2009
gutdayum. those twins.
nothing rly happened besides scar realizing she's no longer a gravekeeper and her being 'proposed' to lol. hopefully they save the best arc for last.
Aug 31, 2013 10:49 PM
Aug 2013
Hmmm, that was a nice episode. Now the question is if God granted Ai's mom the same wish.
Aug 31, 2013 10:50 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. They sure wrapped this up quick. I was expecting the other kids to stay, they got rid of them quick. Looks like Alis and Dee will be the ones that play more of a pivotal role into the story than the rest of that class.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2013 11:03 PM

Nov 2012
Alis's birthday is celebrated.

Gravekeepers are born from that lighting and crystal fusion.

Everyone got to see past loved ones.

And they find Scar.God turns Scar human,since she started to cry which gravekeepers couldn't do.

Alis and Dee's backstory next episode.
Aug 31, 2013 11:08 PM

May 2013
That was a nice and funny scene at the end.
Aug 31, 2013 11:15 PM

Aug 2011
YURI SCORE WOOOOOOT
Aug 31, 2013 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
This was a nice episode, having Alis birthday being celebrated, and Scar being found, I liked that "proposal" by Yuri xD
But I detect some jealously from Dee, I hope that she doesn't stay moody later on. But this was an alright episode, it was nice to see Humpnie although it wasn't really him, now we'll get to learn more about Alis and Dee next episode, so I can't wait for that.
Sep 1, 2013 1:13 AM

Sep 2011
Nice relaxing episode until the final few moments. Looks like another arc starts? Or something..
Sep 1, 2013 1:41 AM
Mar 2013
VanishingKira said:
Alis's birthday is celebrated.

Gravekeepers are born from that lighting and crystal fusion.

Everyone got to see past loved ones.

And they find Scar.God turns Scar human,since she started to cry which gravekeepers couldn't do.

Alis and Dee's backstory next episode.

So Scar's wish was to become human? She had neglected Celica because she was a gravekeeper. But wished to be human so she could take care of her. Hmm...
Great episode nonetheless!
Now they're heading to the city Ostia. Let's see what happens there.
Sep 1, 2013 1:43 AM

Jan 2013
Visually beautiful as always.
Though the character motives are always questionable.
Too many characters come and go at the drop of a hat and make major decisions seemingly without any strong reason
Sep 1, 2013 2:05 AM

Mar 2013
This episode was... really weird. I still can't get over that they asked a fucking baby for directions, oh my god.
Sep 1, 2013 2:19 AM

Jan 2013
A hell of a Patch-Work-Family we have here.
Sep 1, 2013 2:36 AM

Feb 2011
Great episode & art.
Sep 1, 2013 3:59 AM
Jan 2013
The search for Scar begins and they found her.
Sep 1, 2013 4:05 AM

May 2010
That FF-X feel ...
Sep 1, 2013 4:20 AM

May 2010
Alis's birthday, and the cake was so.. unique xD Alis already thinks that she is interesting. OTP feels :p

So gravekeepers are usually look-alikes, interesting. Dee seemed lonely... Hampnie appeared, and made me sad once again... that guy. I was missing Scar and finally she appeared. Yuri x Scar FTW, Can't believe it happened coz I was hoping for it! Alis and Ai's comments, my fav. moment of this episode xD

"Way to go, man"
"A proposal?"

I laughed so hard.

Extremely interesting and amazing episode. Btw is it Dee x Alis or Alis x Ai? I am not sure anymore, after seeing the preview. I want Alis x Ai though... :/
Sep 1, 2013 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode. It did feel a bit rushed, but we got some answers about the gravekeepers and it was kinda weird that they all looked the same. I'm glad that I got to see Hampnie again, even if it was just an illusion.

So, I'm guessing that Scar was turned into a human at the end there? because that's just what God does in this series and I wouldn't be surprised. Next arc looks interesting and I hope it's better than the last one.
KoybzSep 1, 2013 5:00 AM
Sep 1, 2013 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode to introduce a new arc. At least we can tell that this arc wont be anti-climatic like the last one.
Sep 1, 2013 4:54 AM

Oct 2012
Was this story of birthday and Scar getting lost even necessary? Needless drama. It didn't move anything forward and those emotions felt forced.
I have the feeling that scriptwriters are throwing us some random cool elements in this series, nothing consistent and supported by some logic. Very unsatisfying work on story-flow.
Sep 1, 2013 5:54 AM

Dec 2012
anyway guys, what do you think about the AlisxAi ship? Is it gonna sail or what?
Sep 1, 2013 5:59 AM
Feb 2013
This anime keeps surprising me. I didn't expect seeing Kizuna would move me.
The art is gorgeous as usual.

Ai x Alis moments felt kinda romantic to me but maybe it's just my imagination.
Sep 1, 2013 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
nice episode I guess..
feels rushed though

I mean seriously, there are just not enough interactions between scar and yuri to warrant a proposal like that.. need more on the build up relationship part before going on the proposal like that..

they also need to show more about how much scar is struggling about her being a grave keeper and wanting to be a mother at the same time..

then again with this series being capped with only 13 episodes doesn't actually help, some characters were bound to be underdeveloped
Sep 1, 2013 7:05 AM
Apr 2013
I am not one to care for Romance of a show but Yuri Scar and Celica is a perfect family
Sep 1, 2013 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Xakiraion said:
This anime keeps surprising me. I didn't expect seeing Kizuna would move me.
The art is gorgeous as usual.

Ai x Alis moments felt kinda romantic to me but maybe it's just my imagination.

I haven't read the light novel or anything that this anime is based off, but i guessing that since there is a 3 year gap between the two, a relationship wont start until Ai is 16 and Alis is 19, which would make a better couple since Ai is way underage and probably is not even interested in boys because she is so interested into finding her path.
Sep 1, 2013 7:20 AM

May 2012
04:06 oh where's my Sukaachan

05:33 it's all Yuri's fault!

11:50 oho... so the yuurei likes the lion

20:24 itoshii Sukaachan yo〜

21:59 Yuri you lucky basutaado
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 1, 2013 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
that episode disappointed me.
Nothing really happened: The search for Scar was just driving around with the car in the direction the baby points, Alis' birthday was nice to watch but nearly irrelevant for the story an only of low importance for the relationship between the characters.

VanishingKira said:

I'm not sure if Scar is now really human: I think in the preview of the next ep i heard she saying somthing like "I can't sense the dead here" and this "dead radar" is a gravekeeper's ability.

What I don't understand: If the gravekeeper's are more like clones, why are there some apparantly with an own unique personality like Scar or Hana?
Sep 1, 2013 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode, even though the slap didn't connect with Dee and Ai, it still felt like it hurt...

And did God make Scar human, or is she one of the special individuals like Ai mother who just seem to awaken to her human side?
Sep 1, 2013 8:03 AM

Aug 2013
Rynia said:
What does it mean when Ai said Hambert crushed her mom's dreams?

I think she said that because Hana wanted to make that village to a place where the dead could live peacefully and Hambert killed everyone in the village... so
Sep 1, 2013 8:17 AM

Sep 2009
(:
Sep 1, 2013 8:24 AM

May 2009
I get the impression Dee likes Alis, but he seems interested in Ai now, thus making Dee jealous. Next episode will probably show us what their connection is, and how she died.

I take it that Scar thought of herself mas not human, thus unfit to take care of her child? And that going to her place of birth meant granting her wish to become more human? Well, Yuri has no vowed to protect her, so she has found true bliss now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 8:46 AM

May 2010
Okay it's great that they found Scar but I felt why are they making a big deal for something so trivial (aside from the fact that she ran away to the birth place of the gravekeeper, now that place is a big deal) because all it takes is Yuri proposal and a lightning just to get her back !!?
Sep 1, 2013 8:49 AM

Sep 2012
In this fourth arc (after Ai's village, city of the dead, school prison) I finally slumped into zzzz.... I finally start to lose hope that it will get any better for me...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 1, 2013 9:14 AM

Jan 2013
Lulz Yuri is the man.
Sep 1, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
I found that Alis' birthday was unnecessary, but apart from that part, it was a pretty good episode.
Sep 1, 2013 10:56 AM

Nov 2012
Yuri's cake was pretty good, considering that it was cooked in a pot and he had no oven.

And yay for Yuri and Scar's romantic moment.

I hope that Dee comes back. I'm rooting for Dee x Alis.
Sep 1, 2013 12:25 PM

Sep 2012
Yuri, Scar and Celica made a beautiful family

I really felt some jealously from Dee, when Ai and Alis were talking to each other.

Waiting for the next episode xD
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Sep 1, 2013 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
This series went downhill since Hambart's death.

The Characters don't interest me much and the stuff they've been experiencing is pretty boring.
Sep 1, 2013 12:28 PM

Jun 2013
love in the air lol
Sep 1, 2013 1:19 PM

Sep 2012
What a sad trainwreck this show is. There's no build-up at all, it simply introduces an arc and then finishes it.
In Ortus we got 3 episodes developing what seemed an interesting mystery, and then they say goodbye and it all turned pointless, except for the baby that carried on with them for still poorly explained reasons.
Those 2 episodes of the school introduced characters with powers, that then were simply returned to their homes, except once again for a character that went on with them (and the ghost too).
Now a very interesting place brimming with possibilites was presented, and they just got Scar back and departed again.

Those very promising first 3 episodes were just wasted. Where's the plot? I can't see it.
Sep 1, 2013 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
I'm guessing Dee took off not because she was jealous, but because she could sense the presence of "ghosts" or the strange phenomenon that allowed Ai to see Hampnie again. Speaking of which, that scene felt a little out of place, just because it was so random and didn't seem to have any significance, but I'm sure it'll come back up somehow.
Sep 1, 2013 3:21 PM
Nov 2010
So yeah I definitely got a Farplane from FF-X feeling in this.
Sep 1, 2013 3:24 PM

Feb 2012
Lol that cake scene, even in the darkest hours, always remember about birthday.

The ending was great, my main man Yuri scored.
Sep 1, 2013 4:42 PM

May 2011
Glad that the useless characters are gone :P
Sep 1, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2012
Superb episode as always, seems like the final arc is about to start.
Sep 1, 2013 5:52 PM

Sep 2011
Oh thank god the show didnt lose its magic feel, the episode was no where near as good as the first 6 but man compared to the past 2 ill take what i can get, it did feel rushed for sure and im really confused as to why scar even left in the first place or what was bothering dee though the latter looks like its getting addressed next episode

Im both worried and excited for the next episode, worried cause its going back to a school and excited cause that preview showed some extremely dark imagery means the show may do what it did best again, Carry both dark themes and beauty at the same time

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.