Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2013 9:46 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The beginning part was intense though and I think that was original footage.

Anyways, movie bought back some nostologia for me with its fabulous moments. Nice to see Takuto, Wako, and Sugata again though with their lives. Takuto is pretty badass again and the battles were decent along with the soundtrack. Hmm...nice to see a lot of the supporting characters again as well.

The ending gave me a cool feeling.
Aug 30, 2013 11:14 PM

Jan 2011
http://i.imgur.com/byGrHXR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1fFRfSl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5om0Z0F.jpg
That opening sequence was a visual feast, I love me some mecha sakuga action. So nice to see Gingan bishounen and Tauburn back in action after so long, and it seems Wako and Sugata can control their powers now.

Hurry up subs!
[center]
Aug 31, 2013 4:46 PM

Aug 2009
Recap - The Movie
Very disappointed, loved the TV series though... Shame...
Sep 2, 2013 1:50 PM

Dec 2010
The movie was awesome! The first part made me wish it'd get a second season but at the same time, I'm scared of getting something less awesome than the first season.

I'll watch it again later when subbed.
Sep 14, 2013 3:59 PM

Sep 2007
I hated that they stopped pushing the threesome angle. That was a big part of why I loved the series.
Sep 19, 2013 2:20 PM
Aug 2009
I understand why people might not like the movie and we're hoping for something a little more original (or at least altered), but I was thoroughly satisfied. I'm hoping the beginning sequence is a setup for POTENTIALLY another movie (this time original), or even for another season.

For now, I'm just looping the first 5 minutes over and over because it's THAT AMAZING.
May 22, 2014 10:22 AM

Sep 2008
Terrible, not only is a plain recap of the series... they just mantained all the crappy animated parts. Only the first 5 min are worth watching.
May 23, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
I liked the new footage.
May 24, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
This was a great movie it was structured similarly to the Gurren Lagann movies.

The ending fight was even better than the anime series ending fight.

Great Movie!!!
May 29, 2014 9:54 AM

May 2009
Nice to remember so great fights. Unfortunately story fails due too many cuts.
Jun 5, 2014 3:24 AM
Oct 2009
I didn't like how they took most of the music from the series.
Jun 14, 2014 1:00 AM

Jun 2009
neonBdragon said:
This was a great movie it was structured similarly to the Gurren Lagann movies.

The ending fight was even better than the anime series ending fight.

Great Movie!!!

The ending fight was exactly the same footage... A few lines of dialogue (1 or 2) were changed.
Jauffe vi Britannia
Jun 14, 2014 1:03 AM

Jun 2009
PhoenixRoy said:
I didn't like how they took most of the music from the series.

I completely agree; was waiting to hear "Fate" played during an exact scene from the series (Benio kissing Sugata), but most of the movie was was music-less or if anything, washed down and disappointing. I didn't care for the "new" South Maiden's song played during the new "beach" scene the trio share.
Jauffe vi Britannia
Jul 16, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2011
So we get a movie-length cut of the animated series' footage, though enough was charged through at high speed that I'm not sure it'd make much sense to someone who hasn't seen the series already. The series' animation was already pretty amazeballs to begin with, but I'd have enjoyed more than just some new footage at the beginning. Also, so much was left unexplained, even after you get a refresher of how the series ended. So obviously the cybodies that the three are fighting against are in the real world now, and not Zero Time, but who's piloting them? Are the Glittering Crux still out to take over the world? Did whatever race left the cybodies here come back to find out what happened to their world-destroyer? The possibilities make me upset that they decided to go with a recap movie instead of a sequel; I wanna see more of the future world, dammit, not what I already spent 26 episodes watching!

Still, animation was good, music was pretty good, Wako was much less annoying in abbreviated form ... I'll give it an 8. Maybe we'll get a sequel that will expand on the future timeline and explain who they're fighting and why.
Jul 18, 2014 10:44 PM

Sep 2007
Most of the movie was just a recap but I seriously wish there's more after this that's like the beginning.

Sugata can control Samekh (and the fact that Samekh talks to him like some mini familiar thing)? OH GAWD I'd LOVE to see more of that ;o;
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 25, 2014 8:34 PM

Jul 2008
Damn it's really just a recap LOL. The new parts are at the beginning and the end...LOL
Aug 26, 2014 4:28 PM

Jan 2009
entropy13 said:
The new parts are at the beginning and the end.

i skipped the entire recap and just straight watch the new footages lol
Aug 27, 2014 9:55 AM

Jan 2011
a lot of good scenes were cut, only those who watched the tv series can really understand this movie

i guess the extra ending is satisfying, they able to leave the island and the triangle goes on :)
Sep 13, 2014 4:27 PM

May 2012
When the movie started I thought this would be an alternative setting or something but alas that was not the case. In general this was a plain recap, covering the most important chapters however most chapters did feel too rushes but in the end it's still nice how the managed to get the main story line over in just 2 hours and 30 minutes! All in all it was pretty good!
Sep 17, 2014 7:17 AM

Feb 2012
Recaps, seriously? I just wasted 2 hrs & 30 mins on this? I was hoping they'd add or change some scenes relating to the beginning so I continued watching it. Disappointed. I only enjoyed the beginning and the end credit scenes.

It was fine recalling the other scenes from the anime, but it still seemed lacking/rushed. They didn't put the memorable/good ones in the movie.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Oct 2, 2017 7:53 PM

Jan 2009
ye its just recap but like i said on the season finale, their marks are all back and they can revive and use their Cybodies now in the real world too, but too bad even Samekh is now back too lol

isekai said:
after seeing the subs the last episode alone give this show a big boost of positive things so ill give it a 9/10

sheezz Takuto and Sugata made back to earth alive, use you imaginations a little bit kids, BONES studio already said it in the beginning of airing this anime that no one dies on this anime and that the ending text said “and so, the adventure of life goes on” so those evidences implies the earth is fine and they are all alive and live a normal life again

and they can do a sequel too if they want too because all seals have been broken there is no Zero Time now, and Samekh the greatest evil Cybody is gone, their marks/tattoos are all been restored that implies they can revive/regenerate their Cybodies again
Oct 18, 2021 12:20 PM

Feb 2012
All the new animation; an action-filled prologue and a dialogue-less epilogue. Literally, that's all the new animation from this movie. Everything in between is a recap.

But at least it didn't ruin any characters like Eureka Seven: Pocketful of Rainbows.

I think this would've been better if it had been two movies like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (with the assumption that they'd be animating more than just two new scenes).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 15, 2022 12:50 PM
Jan 2020
I wonder if they were planning some kind of sequel with the first 5 minutes, they didn't at least consider extending the ending after 3 years...
RonninnMay 15, 2022 12:55 PM
Oct 31, 2022 3:32 PM
Oct 2022
The ending sucked mainly because of two reasons
1. plot or fight logic
Takuto's power is unlimited
He just gambled the whole world for one person. This decision completely shatters the character design behind both
wako and takuto. There was only one reason to like the character wako , that is her willingness to sacrifice her own
for the world. Now there is only one reason to like the character comedy scenes aside from a reverse harem
protagonist. I will come to this in the 2nd point. And don't get me start with whole villain theme. He was a pretty good
antagonist up untill the last moment where he became you typical destroy the world villain.
2 So called romance
The most prominant feature of the 2nd half of the 25 episodes is love. Personally Takuto clearly has romantic interest in wako.If you consider the romantic indications from wako, it is more inclined towards takuto. All she talks about sugata is mostly childhood friendship related. Sugata also has a thing for wako. Logically speaking it only makes sense for a non-harem/reverseharem show to choose a single lover. What she does chooses both. Personally speaking relations like this won't hold up much longer. There is this guy in the show who gouges out one of his eyes for laying eyes on her lover having sexual relations with his friend. One of the most important topics that keeps the viewers busy is the internal conflict of Takuto regarding this matter. The ending resolves nothing. some might say some harem shows has 9 wives. Last time I checked it is not a reverse harem or harem show. A similar show(romance wise) is fruit basket. the ending of that resolves every loose ends regarding love. The mc makes choice. Also it was not as though she wanted both as sex partners but self realization of love. Here rather that answering the question of romance the ending spends 99% of its time cliche robot fights.
Somewhere I think the writer wanted us to root for poor takuto. The signs were from the very start. The only two kisses wako shares are with takuto(though technically not intentional). The 2nd kiss is important. Because here wako delibaretly chooses to play the role where she kisses Takuto. This is big. what we get in the end is " hard to love two men" .
Some might say you are pointimg to much on romance. Don't fool yourself. The 1st half was background story telling, fight, music, love but 2nd half was mostly love, because the fight became repetitive.

so in short, the ending op this show lowered my view on the show by a lot. For me, ending of a show is very important.

More topics from this board

» Should i?

Taimanin_Irelia - Jul 12, 2014

5 by Taimanin_Irelia »»
Jul 13, 2014 5:19 AM

» I needz a fansub for Star Driver the Movie. Why isn't anybody picking it up!?

Otakingu - Oct 24, 2013

14 by deg »»
May 22, 2014 9:55 PM

» Teaser trailer!

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

14 by Stark700 »»
May 1, 2013 12:09 AM

» Star Driver Movie Reviews

deg - Feb 15, 2013

0 by deg »»
Feb 15, 2013 2:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.