Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2013 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, Toshikazu gets more screen time. "Fight!"

The episode felt chill. Yum, cake...oh and to save the galaxy, I hope they're ready for anything that comes to their way. Yes, I'm referring to Team Rabbits.
Aug 29, 2013 8:49 AM

Aug 2010
Nice build up :)

I wonder how many will die in this battle?

And seems that the Onii-chan thing is permanent XD
Aug 29, 2013 9:06 AM

Jun 2012
I swear if Izuru dies... (Also I saw that tiny deathflag you did there with Kei Dogakobo)

After Izuru's conversation with Simon, it can be surmised that Izuru thinks the command sees him as nothing more than a tool and he's content with that because it has allowed him to get closer with the other Rabbits. How sad

With the end nearing I'm surprised at how much I'm clamoring for a S2. It feels like there are many stories left to tell about Team Rabbits. For example, Ange hasn't been really all that developed as a character.
HybridMBLAug 29, 2013 9:21 AM
Aug 29, 2013 9:10 AM

May 2013
I gotta get used to Izuru calling Asagi onii-chan lol. Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 29, 2013 10:44 AM

Feb 2013
So, we have now reached the final battle between the Wulgaru and the Earth. And unfortunately, this episode decided to raise death flags everywhere once again.

First we have the fact that Izuru is so sick that the doctor practically says that if he goes out there and fights, his body won't take it and he'll die. However, after a talk with Cmdr. Simon aka his Father, he is allowed to stay on the ship and be on standby.

This is fine for everyone else who won't have to worry about him while out on the field, especially Asagi, where Izuru is the first family he's ever had. Everyone has made extra precautions that Izuru won't have to go out there, from Simon ordering him to stay on standby, to Rin having Red 5 locked down.

Unfortunately, we know that Izuru is going to go out there eventually. And as we're in the last remaining episodes, I have a feeling that Izuru is not going to make it by the end of this, considering his terminal illness death flags, and his desire to be a hero and save his friends.

As for everyone else, they are all gung ho to go out there in this final fight, and we get some tender moment there where they all consider themselves family. We even get some nice moments between Asagi and Kei as well.

However, it seems that Simon, Teoria, and Daneel plan to go out into battle as well, and also seem to be the linchpin of the plan, in which they will power the laser to destroy the gate. However, the moment they said that, death flags were raised for all three, especially since, they are flying a large evacuated space station that can be easily used in an awesome, if a bit cliched, kamikaze attack if the laser proves to be not enough.

Well, we shall see what happens in the last few episodes, as this show could have a definite finale, or it could have a setup for a sequel. Both possibilities are there. Either, this whole thing is going to end in a spectacular last battle "a la Gundam" killed off the enemy and certain developed characters, but in the end, end in a victory, with a hard won peace for humanity.
Or it could have an end battle with only a few supporting characters bite the dust, but all main ones are alive, Jiart has some secret plan that he hatches at the very end that will lead on to the second season and Izuru while almost dying survives to fight against Jiart, who perhaps holds he responsible for the resulting death of his sister?

So there is a couple of routes this could go, and this show has three more episodes in which to decide.

I give this episode a 8/10.
Aug 29, 2013 11:01 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Barion-Zara said:

And seems that the Onii-chan thing is permanent XD

Izuru is so adorable calling Asagi that though ^^ So now they're all like family! Except Tamaki thinks that Izuru feels like a little brother? o_o Then she's like the baby lol.

It was a nice episode before the battle, though like most people already said, I'm expecting some casualties among the main characters.
Aug 29, 2013 11:11 AM

Jan 2011
You know, at this point in the series I should be feeling the most empathy with the characters and worrying about their fates, but truth be told, I really don't feel much of anything. Intellectually, I can recognize that the creators have assembled all the elements and ticked off all the boxes in a checklist of "How to Make a Mecha Series". Quirky supporting characters--check, otaku boy--check, reveal of family back story--check, heroic death of minor characters--check, etc. etc. Yet in the end, there really is no soul there. It's like the relationship of Simon and Teoria--yes they've donated genetic material and created a couple of descendants, but in no way are they a real family, and when they try to act like one, it just comes off as too artificial and awkward to believe (much like Simon's talk with Izuru in this episode).

I want to like this more. I want to feel more than a vague interest in the relationship of Asagi and Kei (which really has been the only emotional grabber for me, but is still about as cool as Kei's feelings towards Asagi). But at this point I think it's really too late for Majestic Prince to do more than push all the buttons as they push towards a conclusion, and those buttons really aren't connected with the emotional centres in my brain. Oh well, I'm sure the battle will be well animated at least...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 29, 2013 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
Episode was great but a big set up episode for the final battle. I got a say the main characters grew into me and calling them a family. Some great moments when everyone wants to stick together and fight off the last battle as well as the ost fit perfectly on some scenes. The next episode, oh man I cannot wait.

The Oniichan part was still funny XD.

Aug 29, 2013 12:08 PM

Oct 2010
Good episode, lot's of building up for the next fight. The only thing I didn't like was the wasted time on that little kid. I think it would have been better if plot concentrated on more Ange or Kei.

Asagi has gone up to a different level with his bro power. He is being considerate to everyone and everything. Hope there isn't any death flag out there. And I was really looking forward to some romance upgrade but nothing yet... *sigh*
Aug 29, 2013 12:20 PM

May 2012
Now, I am pumped up for the battle next week!

And I can't stop laughing when Ange said that he needs to watch his mouth because Earth might hear him. Haha, I thought he will say something serious.
Aug 29, 2013 1:02 PM

Jan 2009
Well Asagi bro level should increase his resonance levels with his mech.

Waiting for Izuru to pilot red 5 due to some part of the plan going well.

Was pretty cool seeing star rose essentially transform into a giant aircraft carrier.
Aug 29, 2013 3:50 PM

Aug 2012
This was a nice set up episode and all but am i the only one that still doesn't know what Angie is? I don't remember if they made it clear or not.

Aug 29, 2013 5:42 PM

Jan 2009
the calm before the storm, we all know Izuru will fight at some point anyway, heroes come at the last minute
Aug 29, 2013 6:53 PM

Aug 2012
The setup episode for the final battle. The death flags have been raised. Who will die or get seriously hurt for Izuru to come out to battle?
Aug 29, 2013 7:18 PM

Aug 2008
I'm so worried for Akagi! I find that his death flag is the most obvious... ><
Aug 29, 2013 11:13 PM

Jan 2013
No action this episode, but it was alright.
Though I don't care who dies
Aug 30, 2013 12:19 AM

Sep 2012
A pretty long preparation (taking up one whole episode). I guess death flags can be thought as being in place for everyone involved, so will someone die?

And referring Simon as "that person".. Apparently he is a legendary figure in the military?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 30, 2013 1:56 AM

Jan 2013
damn. 3 more eps. I wonder how this is gonna go.

I wonder how the relationship between Izuru and Teoria is gonna be like xD.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Aug 30, 2013 2:26 AM

Sep 2012
loveyuri said:
I wonder how the relationship between Izuru and Teoria is gonna be like xD.
Yeah,
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 30, 2013 3:47 AM
Feb 2009
i think asagi will die :/
Aug 30, 2013 4:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nice buildup episode. I just wish they hadn't wasted so much screen time with friggin Anna. She's meaningless to the plot/story, doesn't fight and in fact does nothing except be the token loli that it seems has to be in every show.

Asagi is really the most developed character out of the Rabbits and I hope he survives. I get the feeling that this really might get a second season and that this battle will end one phase of the war and maybe we can get the final fight against the Wataru in a second series/OVA.

Those clamps on Izuru's unit would have rendered many a mecha anime redundant. Just picture most Gundam series without pilots being able to take off without permission, LOL.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 30, 2013 7:19 AM

Sep 2009
You can literally see the death flags here. Did anyone else also notice this?:
http://i.imgur.com/J1j1siK.jpg
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Aug 30, 2013 11:45 AM

Jan 2012
Getting suspenseful. I have really come to like these characters. I am scared. Especially for Izuru and Asagi. How will the rest of the team go on if they die? What if the writer wants to throw a plot twist in there and another character dies trying to protect one of them? You never know, I do know one thing, I smell death in the air.
Aug 30, 2013 12:04 PM

Oct 2011
Death flag around Asagi !!!! T______T. Will this season end with one of Team Rabbits dying and continue to the 2nd season?

Also always the pit crew of the main cast always die TwT.

Edit: OMG they showed 3rd ending again. My fears for them is getting worse.
AnimeFan500Aug 30, 2013 12:19 PM
Aug 31, 2013 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
loved the episode it builded a lot of pressure
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Sep 6, 2013 1:10 PM

Jun 2008
Wait, why are the aliens preparing for a full scale attack at the same time? Because the humans found the gate? If they meet halfway isn't the plan to ruin the gate basically destroyed?

sword123 said:
You can literally see the death flags here. Did anyone else also notice this?:
http://i.imgur.com/J1j1siK.jpg

I don't get what you are trying to show us.
Sep 7, 2013 2:03 AM

Jul 2008
Looks like we are going to lose Asagi and Daneel. Well that's my prediction anyway.
Sep 8, 2013 5:31 PM

Apr 2007
Wow Asagi sure has toughened up a bit, it's good to see.

rodac said:
You know, at this point in the series I should be feeling the most empathy with the characters and worrying about their fates, but truth be told, I really don't feel much of anything. Intellectually, I can recognize that the creators have assembled all the elements and ticked off all the boxes in a checklist of "How to Make a Mecha Series". Quirky supporting characters--check, otaku boy--check, reveal of family back story--check, heroic death of minor characters--check, etc. etc. Yet in the end, there really is no soul there. It's like the relationship of Simon and Teoria--yes they've donated genetic material and created a couple of descendants, but in no way are they a real family, and when they try to act like one, it just comes off as too artificial and awkward to believe (much like Simon's talk with Izuru in this episode).

I want to like this more. I want to feel more than a vague interest in the relationship of Asagi and Kei (which really has been the only emotional grabber for me, but is still about as cool as Kei's feelings towards Asagi). But at this point I think it's really too late for Majestic Prince to do more than push all the buttons as they push towards a conclusion, and those buttons really aren't connected with the emotional centres in my brain. Oh well, I'm sure the battle will be well animated at least...
I totally agree. While I like the characters and there are some fun moments, I haven't really felt anything for most of what happened, aside from episodes 17-19. It's only been entertaining enough for me to want to finish it.
Oct 15, 2013 8:34 AM

May 2012
The buildup towards the end has started getting real good, so lets see what the 3 next episodes have to offer!
Mar 5, 2014 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Exciting, preparations are always so full of pathos, I hope that the battle is able to outperform the climax that was reached today.
Plot and narrative useful for this purpose. There will never be a KeiXIzuru? Drawings made ​​good, even the animations were not bad! : D
Maybe it will be just my guess, but I noticed the changes made to the mecha team Rabbit.
May 10, 2015 7:40 PM

Feb 2013
Filler setup episode.

Of course the hero will have to fight... I just hope Teoria doesn't disappoint.
Jul 20, 2015 5:47 PM
Oct 2014
Does anyone know what the name of the song/what the song is when Izuru and Captain Simon are speaking is called? Just those few emotional notes.
Mar 14, 2016 6:58 PM
Jun 2013
an ok episode. just building up the last 3 episodes.
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Dec 2022
You can't just sideline the main character in the "final battle" can you? I bet Izuru will be participating soon enough.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

121 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2013

72 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.