Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2013 1:09 AM

Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Did anyone else think of Kingdom Hearts? xD

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Aug 28, 2013 1:09 AM

Jan 2009
so father and son (minato and naruto) save everyone with their combo, the end of the chapter has so much feels
Aug 28, 2013 1:15 AM

Mar 2011
Despite that little asspull it was one damn enjoyable chapter.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Aug 28, 2013 1:18 AM

Aug 2010
That was a good chapter :D

Minato, Naruto and Kurama working together was awesome ^^

Lol'd at Naruto's reaction to 2nd Hokage explaining about clones and saying "It's my jutsu!' XD

The end was pretty touching too :*)

I want to know what Sasuke thinks of Naruto now? With how friggin strong he's become and stuff hehe.
Aug 28, 2013 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Really good chapter. The feels : ) Also an expected turn of events in atleast form of the power-up. Seeing Naruto and Minato work together was awesome. The 2nd Hokage invented the shadow clone jutsu, laughed at that part. Back to spamming chakra at fodders so they can actually do anything, but fodders be fodder.
Aug 28, 2013 1:29 AM

Mar 2012
A short but statisfying chapter. I like the fact that every jutsu that Tobirama create is being mastered by other character.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 28, 2013 1:38 AM

Dec 2012
Good chapter. It was quite amazing seeing Naruto and Minato work together in order to teleport everyone out of the barrier. Lol at the part with the second hokage saying he was the one who created the shadow clone jutsu.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 28, 2013 2:15 AM

Dec 2011
I got the feels omg. THAT WAS AWESOME :D YIN YANG :D

I got hit with feels hard especially from that last page :')
Aug 28, 2013 2:22 AM

Dec 2011
Great chapter...Naruto has really grown up compared to before and they sure made a good team Naruto,Minato and Kurama.
The ending is just brilliant that i got tear up a little
Aug 28, 2013 3:55 AM

Apr 2011
Did Tobirama invent everything? But damn, that was a really good chapter, though I'm seriously questioning Kishi's designing capabilities as of late. I usually love his designs, but what's with the flower?
Aug 28, 2013 4:08 AM

Jun 2010
Raven-san said:

In what way?
Aug 28, 2013 4:22 AM

Dec 2009
I really enjoyed this chapter a lot more than I thought I would. Also that last page admittingly got me. Dem feels man.
Aug 28, 2013 4:35 AM
Mar 2012
I love how kishimoto tries to put logic back into his manga after a couple of senseless chapters, btw sasuke are you having fun there? Cheesy chapter but it had to happen probably
Aug 28, 2013 4:53 AM

Jul 2010
A really nice chapter.
Aug 28, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2008
The story gets on the final track I hope. A good chapter.
Aug 28, 2013 5:46 AM

Nov 2011
>Men don't need to waste time talking.

That was some sweet father/son moments I guess.
Aug 28, 2013 5:47 AM

Mar 2012
So, will Naruto get yin-yang release or what?
Aug 28, 2013 6:11 AM

Jan 2012
pretty nice and emotional chapter
Aug 28, 2013 6:26 AM

Sep 2011
Dat character development.
Aug 28, 2013 7:08 AM
Aug 2011
tmasterson said:
The story gets on the final track I hope. A good chapter.

I doubt the war is the end. If Naruto lives I assume they will either time skip or show his trek to becoming Hokage. Either way I don't think just winning the war will please most seeing as besides saving Sasuke, Naruto's one dream he mentions too much is becoming Hokage.

Pretty good chapter, Naruto is like a idiot savant. The way he cooks up brilliant plans but without knowing the technicalities.
Aug 28, 2013 8:59 AM

May 2013
This was a good chapter.
Aug 28, 2013 10:16 AM

Aug 2011
Good chapter. We had great father-son teamwork, nice quotes from Naruto and touchy moments at the end.
I find latest chapters really enjoyable again, because I like theese complex strategies (most part of war was only about who has more badass jutsu) to fight the person with the most badass jutsus at all :D
Aug 28, 2013 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Am i the only one who didnt liked this chapter? I mean "oh my god we gonna die now. Wait we are out the barrier". It was so stupidly simple that it killed the whole thriller left in the last chapter I find it strage Tobirama being the creator of those jutsus but nobody ever giving him the credit for it (nobody ever said nothing about the "Konoha blue flash"). Im totally apathetic to all the emotional momments happening recently, and i'm finding the recent chapters to be a little short. Yeah i think this battle must end really soon.
Just figured something. Juugo can use senjutsu too (at least his transformation is based in some sort of it), so he can fight Obito with Naruto.
Aug 28, 2013 10:29 AM
Apr 2011
1. Hashirama's chakra is equal to Naruto with 2 Kurama.
2. Tobirama invented everything.
Aug 28, 2013 10:43 AM

Nov 2011
I didn't like the simple solution. There was too much drama going on in the last chapter, this one just makes it look disappointing.
Aug 28, 2013 10:48 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty good chapter! Everyone in the Alliance was safe thanks to Minato, Naruto, and Kurama's combo (that Ying&Yang was awesome).
I wonder what Sasuke thinks of Naruto now...
And the Second's reaction to Naruto on the Kagebunshin no justu "It's my jutsu!" xD
It was full feelings too :')
Aug 28, 2013 10:51 AM

Jun 2013
Great chapter, loved the " father and son combo ".
I can see Naruto and his senjutsu coming out on top @ the end of this.
Aug 28, 2013 10:57 AM

Apr 2011
HominiLupus said:
Am i the only one who didnt liked this chapter? I mean "oh my god we gonna die now. Wait we are out the barrier". It was so stupidly simple that it killed the whole thriller left in the last chapter I find it strage Tobirama being the creator of those jutsus but nobody ever giving him the credit for it (nobody ever said nothing about the "Konoha blue flash"). Im totally apathetic to all the emotional momments happening recently, and i'm finding the recent chapters to be a little short. Yeah i think this battle must end really soon.
Just figured something. Juugo can use senjutsu too (at least his transformation is based in some sort of it), so he can fight Obito with Naruto.

1. How they got out of the barrier was very simply explained by Naruto (Naruto of all people, how the hell did you not understand him?). They still had Naruto+Kurama's chakra on them, so when Minato joined with Naruto's chakra, it enabled him to have them jump as well. Minato needs to touch them either physically or through chakra to do so. So who jumped was actually Naruto and Minato, the rest came along because they were part of Naruto.

2. Tobirama is known as the best of his time and the ultimate user of Water techniques. These techniques that he invented are all forbidden techniques. I don't think people will give credit for creating forbidden techniques.

3. As for that Juugo theory, mind explaining how his transformation is based on Senjutsu? I'm not really getting that part.
Aug 28, 2013 11:03 AM

Jun 2010
really good chapter
loved to see naruto n minato working together <33
Aug 28, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
good chapter despite another asspull by Kishi.
Aug 28, 2013 12:04 PM

May 2013
Tobirama thought Naruto was so smart. He had never been so wrong before.
Aug 28, 2013 12:10 PM

Apr 2011
FlameWingman21 said:
Tobirama thought Naruto was so smart. He had never been so wrong before.

To be fair, Naruto is rather smart..... strategically speaking. He's really good when it comes to strategies on the spot and diversionary tactics. He's an idiot in every other way, though.
Aug 28, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2012
yhunata said:
HominiLupus said:

1. How they got out of the barrier was very simply explained by Naruto (Naruto of all people, how the hell did you not understand him?). They still had Naruto+Kurama's chakra on them, so when Minato joined with Naruto's chakra, it enabled him to have them jump as well. Minato needs to touch them either physically or through chakra to do so. So who jumped was actually Naruto and Minato, the rest came along because they were part of Naruto.

2. Tobirama is known as the best of his time and the ultimate user of Water techniques. These techniques that he invented are all forbidden techniques. I don't think people will give credit for creating forbidden techniques.

3. As for that Juugo theory, mind explaining how his transformation is based on Senjutsu? I'm not really getting that part.

i don't think it was that he didn't understand it, but that the impending disaster was so quickly averted that any tension was killed instantly after all the buildup.

i don't really care that it wasn't explained who created what jutsu from the beginning, but i don't know if you can really consider something like the shadow clone jutsu to be forbidden..

i think he's relating juugo's ability with hashiramas because juugo's ability looks like wood when he extends his flesh and what not, at least in the manga.
Aug 28, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2011
Eltrik said:
i don't think it was that he didn't understand it, but that the impending disaster was so quickly averted that any tension was killed instantly after all the buildup.

Well, that depends on the person, then. I found it a pretty smart thing to do. Sometimes the simplest things can make the biggest of impacts.

Eltrik said:
i don't really care that it wasn't explained who created what jutsu from the beginning, but i don't know if you can really consider something like the shadow clone jutsu to be forbidden..

The Mass Shadow Clone jutsu is forbidden because it equally divides the chakra into all the clones and that is dangerous for normal shinobi. The normal Shadow Clone is a jounin-class technique that is primarily used for spying. In the end, it's a fairly simple technique, so Tobirama not getting much credit for that is still understandable.

Eltrik said:
i think he's relating juugo's ability with hashiramas because juugo's ability looks like wood when he extends his flesh and what not, at least in the manga.

Hmmm... I see. I don't know, that seems far too little evidence to call that on a theory. Then again, "Tobi has the same hair as Obito", so we'll see how it goes.
Aug 28, 2013 12:22 PM

Dec 2012
Eltrik said:
yhunata said:
HominiLupus said:

The Tajuu Kage bunshin is forbidden
Aug 28, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2012
this ch makes me watch ep249...did i just sense sasuke's jealousy again?

Aug 28, 2013 1:56 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Barion-Zara said:

Lol'd at Naruto's reaction to 2nd Hokage explaining about clones and saying "It's my jutsu!' XD

The end was pretty touching too :*)

I cracked up when Tobirama said that, I love seeing all the previous hokage and how dorky they are ^^ They used to just be faces on the mountain. And agreed, that was a pretty touching ending, all the father and son moments.
Aug 28, 2013 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
Inb4 it somehow gets revealed that the one who invented Rasengan is Tobirama as well.
Aug 28, 2013 2:08 PM

May 2013
Barion-Zara said:
I want to know what Sasuke thinks of Naruto now? With how friggin strong he's become and stuff hehe.

The obvious conclusion is that Sasuke will steal evil kurama and will become a sage just like Naruto did.
Aug 28, 2013 2:14 PM

Apr 2012
I loved seeing Naruto take charge, it rarely happens so everytime it does it's a treat!

As far as I know the Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu was labelled as forbidden because it was dangerous for those without enough chakra to use, which seems fine as I only ever saw Naruto using it.

The reason why Minato was called the 'Yellow flash' is not the Hiraishin itself but the way the Jutsu was used. Minato was the first to think of planting the seals for the Jutsu in Kunais, that allowed him to use it in a massive scale against an entire army.

Tobirama had to manually place the seal wherever he wanted to teleport, by placing the seal in Kunais, all Minato had to do is trow the Kunai at the desired place and it would be done. By throwing hundreds of them he managed to cover the entire battlefield in seals he could use to instantly appear anywhere, with that speed, all his enemies could see was a yellow flash.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Aug 28, 2013 2:46 PM

Mar 2012
SkyFade said:
Raven-san said:

In what way?

That cricle, how theres a light counterpart, and a dark counterpart to make it complete.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Aug 28, 2013 3:38 PM

Jan 2012
boring...
Aug 28, 2013 3:40 PM

Aug 2013
Eltrik said:
yhunata said:
HominiLupus said:

Yeah you're right the last chapter left me waiting for some big strategy or jutsu or even te sacrifice of Minato to stop Obito's jutsu, but then i got hit with the ''just use hirashin on it" thing and that really made me sad.

And about Juugo his technique is based on absorbing Natural energy passivelly. Its not like using senjutsu but he has lots of Natural Energy on himself so if he learn how to use it he can become a sage himself. It's explained by Kabuto when he fights against Sasuke and Itachi. Just search it in the Naruto Wikia Sage Transformation and Juugos Clan.
Aug 28, 2013 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
i loved this chapter. minato,naruto. and kurama working together to save the ninja alliance even though naruto had no clue what he was doing.i wonder what his actual plan was if he didnt know that by transferring chakara minato could teleport everyone or was naruto just messing around with the 2nd hokage. sasuke is so useless and now has to take orders from naruto what a great moment as i never liked sasuke.the last scene of the chapter had so many feels moments especially with naruto saying that me met his mom(kushina) i just want to see them together as a family(road to ninja movie didnt show enough of minato and kushina).cant wait for the next chapter.
Aug 28, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2007
Sourire said:
good chapter despite another asspull by Kishi.

Once again, another user says ass pull. How the fck is it an asspull any way, explain that to me?

This was an amazing moment for naruto and if people would stop thinking bout asspulls all the time maybe you can figure it out, but everyone's looks and response to naruto's strategy was the highlight of this chapter. It goes to show how much he has changed, not in a million years could he pull something off with his such simplistic air head personality and the fact that he came up with it with out even shikimaru's help is a huge improvement. He is changing little by little and showing more qualities of being hokage.

His father and even Hashirama noticed his actions that saved everyone's life.

This is the kind of shit that has been lacking, this is the kind of shit i want to see, naruto growing up. not just physically but intelligently and this chapter shown that off well.
ArtimesGamerAug 28, 2013 5:58 PM

Aug 28, 2013 9:53 PM

Jul 2013
This was a nice chapter, I love Naruto's parents, they're just awesome people, but Naruto needs to know more about his justsu, having the 2nd explain it for him was just a fail. Also, I notice that Sasuke seems kind of jealous about this, I wonder if that'll lead to something later on.
Aug 28, 2013 10:55 PM

Jan 2013
Teamwork.
Aug 29, 2013 12:54 AM

Aug 2012
Great strategy by naruto ~
Aug 29, 2013 1:39 AM

Jul 2007
I hope kishi sheds more light on the Sarutobi clan, we have alot of information bout the uchiha and senju clans, but hardly anything has been explained bout the origins of Sarutobi clan. Maybe then we will get a more justified answer as to why Hiruzen was revered as the "god of shinobi". I hope for once this is further elaborated and he gets his moment to shine to.

Although at this point i don't see anyone being stronger then Hashirama, and i also hope for an EPIC battle between madara and hashirama again. This whole thing with obito does seem very long but you have to remember that it is manga we are taking bout, bout 3-4 chapters equal 1 episode, so its much shorter then you think, but either way kishimoto clearly wanted to make this a climatic final battle, even though its probably not going to be the final battle in the story.

I think kishimoto has at least another year or so of material to put in before this manga really concludes. Their is still quite a few historic figures form past generations that have bairly even been mentioned and i really don't think kishimoto is going to dissmiss them, i mean we have Sasuke Sarutobi, Setsuna Uchiha, the Senju Clan and Uchiha Clan Ancestor's and the leader of the Uzumaki Clan. I mean alot of these characters are shinobi gods in their own rights to and pretty much created much of what the shinobi world is, i think they are important figures that should get more back ground story.
ArtimesGamerAug 29, 2013 1:58 AM

Aug 29, 2013 3:25 AM

May 2012
Horrible. The worst chapter so far.
0/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.