Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 25, 2013 5:19 PM

Sep 2012
Well, at least we have a plot now. Not that it's good, though.
Aug 25, 2013 7:56 PM

Jul 2010
I figured Luna would be the first to go, but I guess she has to be there to yuri crush a little longer...
Aug 25, 2013 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
OneMan said:
LittleStar said:
So much Madoka alike...

Wrong. Madoka was good.
This episode was just cheap writing, bad directing and forced drama.

It's a shame I have to agree with this. At least as far as this episode goes, it was cheap writing, forced drama and it didn't caused a whole lot of emotional distress. Mostly because of the already told reason of not building up tension. It kind of remind me of Madoka, but that had better directing and writing. I do hope they have something else in store for us.
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
Aug 26, 2013 1:05 AM

Jan 2013
It's getting rather annoying to read so much comments comparing this to Madoka in most of the discussion threads. Sure, there are obvious similarities, but it's not like it's just copying everything. You guys should probably get over this whole Madoka ripoff thing.
And if the "writing and directing are so bad" and the "drama is forced", why not just drop it? It's not like anyone's forcing you to watch this and then complain on the forum, I'm sure you could find better ways to spend your time.
Aug 26, 2013 1:29 AM

Sep 2011
Well couldn't comment much if they were comparing to the same stance of the plot twist between Genei and Madoka.
Aug 26, 2013 3:36 AM

Jan 2008
Aclos said:
And if the "writing and directing are so bad" and the "drama is forced", why not just drop it? It's not like anyone's forcing you to watch this and then complain on the forum, I'm sure you could find better ways to spend your time.

It's only 25 minutes a week and I can always hope it'll finally take a turn to better. Does that answer your question?

As Ginka was the best pony, I'm seriously sad she happened to be the first to go. I even teared up a bit! But her actions were very much true to her character, the only thing I regret is that her farewell with Pops wasn't more emotional, a hug maybe or joking around as they used to.
If they are going for "everybody-dies route", then my guess about the second victim is Seira. Luna has some background story to be told and I expect more playing with the yuri/sacrifical undertones Luna has for Akari.
Aug 26, 2013 4:18 AM
Feb 2012
Seeing Ginka having to kill herself was sad to watch, but ultimately the Madoka similarities can't be shaken off. At this point I predict anyone but Akari to die.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 26, 2013 5:09 AM

Sep 2012
As I said in the previous episode discussion thread, the "nothing happened" episode in the last week could only foreshadow much nastier thing happening, and so it proved.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 26, 2013 5:11 AM

Sep 2012
Yes, I had to admit that "another dark magical girl anime" is superior in all aspects, tbh I like "that" series really much too, but please do always compare recent series with old ones and see how many can you really enjoy! D:

and if the old ones are really that good, why not rewatch them again and again and again instead of watching new ones, get yourself disappointed and no enjoyment at all??

~~slightly pissed by all those people comparing this with another successful god-tier predecessors.

on the other hand, Ginka was really optimistic facing her counterpart. Pretty sure the counterpart was tricked to do it. ><
Aug 27, 2013 2:30 AM
Feb 2012
winter_mint said:
Yes, I had to admit that "another dark magical girl anime" is superior in all aspects, tbh I like "that" series really much too, but please do always compare recent series with old ones and see how many can you really enjoy! D:

and if the old ones are really that good, why not rewatch them again and again and again instead of watching new ones, get yourself disappointed and no enjoyment at all??

~~slightly pissed by all those people comparing this with another successful god-tier predecessors.

on the other hand, Ginka was really optimistic facing her counterpart. Pretty sure the counterpart was tricked to do it. ><

It'd be different if it had only similarities to Madoka, but as it stands, it's a clear ripoff. At this point I'm sure many (me included) only keep watching to see how much of the content is going to be copied.

And to not be labeled as a simple hater, let me elaborate a bit. I'm sure new fans who haven't had the pleasure of watching Madoka yet, enjoy this series as something new and original. "Little cute girls doing cute things? No, little girls killing evil monsters and dying one after another! Wow!" But the Madoka fans can be like "been there. done that.". We have the advantage of having experienced this very concept in a multiple times better executed form and would like to point that out, in order to lead new fans to a better series than this one.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 27, 2013 6:08 AM

Jan 2010
Bokurano? It was the feeling that I passed this episode! The anime really 'started' now, fantastic plot, though he could not very fond of the context and character design too disturbing performance in the series, but as a whole could be a good episode different from the previous, passing a climate of despair, just thought the choice of Ginka means quick and meaningless, the Luna is the most sensible in wanting to escape, after all, who would want to die young? Even saving several people, it is a sacrifice that weighs not think all of them will die, but it would be good that something significant appear to explain all this throw the cards, because to me did not stick very well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Aug 27, 2013 8:54 AM

Feb 2013
Madoka invented tragedy and death.

In all seriousness, that scene with the worm thing coming out of Cerebrum's belly and eating the girl ... THAT was flagrant copycatting.

If anyone should hate on it, they should hate on it for the terrible pacing and bad writing. The manga seems to actually be taking its time and getting things right unlike this story-arc-per-episode format, for whatever that's worth.

ParpyAug 27, 2013 9:09 AM
Aug 27, 2013 9:18 AM

Jun 2013
>Favorite character made
>Gets killed off

I saw this coming a mile away
Aug 27, 2013 12:20 PM

Mar 2013
Well now it's looking a bit more like Madoka (in that they're killing off characters). Ginka was my least favorite of the main quartet so seeing her die didn't have much of an impact of me. I just found it kind of weird that they waited this long to add in the stuff about counterpart cards. The villain looks cool though.
Aug 27, 2013 1:32 PM

Aug 2012
I knew its gonna get sicker and sicker.
Aug 27, 2013 3:38 PM

Jun 2009
Hmm, I have a feeling, like many others in this topic, that it's not a definite death for Ginka. how the counterpart was talking about "combining" also makes me think that the end goal wasn't to kill eachother. The fighting scene did hit me, I quickly realised that they were going to basicly, kill off a great character. ;w;

Also, I'm getting the feeling the tarot users in the organisation aren't being told everything. I wonder who the masters are of those two familiars, that crow and cat.

So that shapeshifting person's name is Cerebrum? Hmm, wonder what his end role will be...Cerebrum has something to do with brains so maybe he is something much, much bigger than he has shown so far.

Well, guess we'll just have to wait till the next episode to find out, huh~
Aug 28, 2013 7:06 PM

Feb 2013
better than madoka imo
Aug 29, 2013 9:20 PM

Aug 2011
ginka was my favorite :c
Aug 29, 2013 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
o well my fav character dies

GuiltyKing said:

And to not be labeled as a simple hater, let me elaborate a bit. I'm sure new fans who haven't had the pleasure of watching Madoka yet, enjoy this series as something new and original. "Little cute girls doing cute things? No, little girls killing evil monsters and dying one after another! Wow!" But the Madoka fans can be like "been there. done that.". We have the advantage of having experienced this very concept in a multiple times better executed form and would like to point that out, in order to lead new fans to a better series than this one.

been a while since i saw Madoka but i dont remember seeing any characters dying in that anime an by that i mean permanent death of a character an not character dies, we travel back in time an everything is fine
also Madoka fans need to realize that Madoka wasnt the first dark Mahou Shoujo
Aug 30, 2013 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
I hope everyone who reads this discussion has already seen Madoka, because spoilers are everywhere without any warning -.-'
Aug 30, 2013 12:48 AM

Sep 2012
silversaint said:
o well my fav character dies
Ginka was not my favorite character when I saw only the character design before the season started, but clearly she is the most pleasant and balanced person in the quartet. She has clearly thought out her purpose of being the tarot mahou shoujo and would even make joke about it and herself, and as she said she is not burdened with any history about avenging or revenging like Seira. She lives with a live-and-let-live easy-going attitude and most of the time, unlike Luna, and when everyone was worrying about her she actually acted with genuine ease and helped cheer them up instead. And most importantly she fights without hesitation, and here the comparison with Akari could not be starker -- Ginka realized the daemonia was a good friend of her dad but she knew that killing him is a way to liberate him, and this insight is something that took Akari much much longer to arrive, which more than once put her team-mates in jeopardy. And here she is clearly willing to accept death if it means it is done for greater good.

silversaint said:
been a while since i saw Madoka but i dont remember seeing any characters dying in that anime an by that i mean permanent death of a character an not character dies, we travel back in time an everything is fine
Hmm... I won't say looping itself invalidates the fact that the characters indeed die permanently in the world before the loop starts a new branch. That means, in this world Mami, Sayaka and Kyoko all die, and then in some other world, some of them also died, and so on and so on. To be honest I find this can definitely not be called "everything is fine" and in fact it is even more gruesome than having one death for one character - we are talking about dozens or hundreds of loops (that Homura went through) in which Madoka and at least some other girls died. It is just sheer horror just to think of it.

silversaint said:
Maybe, but it is not whether it is the "first" that people remember it for, it is how big an impact and how influential the work is that people remember, which is why it is natural for people to seek how much anime like this one may have been influenced by Madoka.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 30, 2013 11:27 AM

Jan 2011
symbv said:

silversaint said:
Maybe, but it is not whether it is the "first" that people remember it for, it is how big an impact and how influential the work is that people remember, which is why it is natural for people to seek how much anime like this one may have been influenced by Madoka.

actually it seems that most people do think that Madoka was the first dark Mahou Shoujo (which isnt) an they praise how it is supposed to be extremely original (which isnt)
Madoka fans probably shouldnt look for works inspired by that anime if they are just gonna hate on them an calling them rip ofs, maybe they should watch those works which inspired Madoka instead like lets say Princess Tutu an particularly Kame Rider
Aug 30, 2013 12:02 PM

Sep 2011
silversaint said:
symbv said:

silversaint said:

actually it seems that most people do think that Madoka was the first dark Mahou Shoujo (which isnt) an they praise how it is supposed to be extremely original (which isnt)
Madoka fans probably shouldnt look for works inspired by that anime if they are just gonna hate on them an calling them rip ofs, maybe they should watch those works which inspired Madoka instead like lets say Princess Tutu an particularly Kame Rider
Please stop generalizing all Madoka fans.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Aug 30, 2013 12:27 PM

Jan 2011
imindespair said:
silversaint said:
symbv said:

silversaint said:

Please stop generalizing all Madoka fans.

i could see my comment being interpreted that way but that wasnt my intention, i dont generalize, merely talking about the Madoka fans that ve been posting on each of this anime threads to complain about it for not being Madoka an not the Madoka fans that dislike this anime for more legit reasons
Aug 30, 2013 4:37 PM

Oct 2009
ValiantHero said:
>Favorite character made
>Gets killed off

I saw this coming a mile away

Me too brah, me too..

And to all Madoka hipsters, put down your Madoka glasses.
And chill out.
azzuReAug 30, 2013 4:46 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 30, 2013 4:42 PM

Jul 2011
Well, one of the main characters die, so, i guess that this will be more dark from now
Aug 31, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2009
I don't feel nothing at all in this episode. :/
That was so fast. Plus, the main character -- I'm starting to really hate her. She's so weak. All she do is scream and cry. Bah bah bah :/
Aug 31, 2013 9:57 PM

Jun 2012
Well I guess it's about that time that things get serious with some twist.

Sep 1, 2013 8:40 AM
Feb 2013
The more it goes, the more the shows reminds me Shana. Yes, Shakugan no Shana.
Aside being a magical girl with a dark story, I find that there are many more similarities with Shana than Madoka.

For the episode itself, the events happen so fast it's almost rushed.
Sep 1, 2013 3:02 PM

Dec 2012
I have mixed feelings on this episode. Although Ginka's death was a bit saddening, it felt very rushed and forced, as if they were just trying to create a sad example of the counterpart card concept explained in the first half. Also I don't really see a basis for Ginka rushing to her death, like what was the point? I could have understood if they were cornered into the fight or something along those lines, but it just felt random and seemed like nothing more than an excuse for an MC kill off to stir up the pot.
Sep 2, 2013 6:54 AM

Aug 2011
Nice, the stakes are higher with the counterpart cards and this is the sort of peril I expected from this show. Can't wait to see how the others handle their rivals.
Sep 14, 2013 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
Still as heavy handed as ever, I see. No "finesse" at all. The show just killed one of its own main characters - in a really blunt, irrational and rather wasteful manner by having her basically commit suicide. What. The girls had nothing to gain and nothing to learn from her death; Ginka herself didn't have any death wish or compelling reason to sacrifice her life!

Isn't it sad, Ginka? The writers just wasted your life and death on a forced dramatic fight that was not really necessary. It only created more trouble for her side... because then they'd have less capable members not to mention how not even every card in the deck is represented by a girl in their branch. Take a perfectly happy girl and have her practically commit suicide to write her off to produce more conflict. The hell?
Sep 26, 2013 9:18 AM

Dec 2011
Seira quite deliberately creating her own death flag at the start there.

Self-sacrifice. I guess one of them was going to have to fall in that way (pretty impressive graphics there). Odd that it was Ginka, who had been most convinced of the idea of running away. But is running away even possible? They'd just come back for another fight. Do you really want to have to run away after every battle?

The counterparts' aim seems to be survival. Which would make sense given how they are the counterpart of the girls who are seeking destruction, and the fact that they've avoided conflict up until now. But what has Cerebrum offered them that is worth the risk? The girls at least have the knowledge that the destruction of the counterparts' cards lead to the death of one of the sources of daemonia.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 13, 2013 10:34 AM

May 2012
Pretty heavy battle, and quite a sad ending, lets see what's next!
Oct 16, 2013 11:47 AM

Oct 2012
Mirror match is always on the edge.
So Ginka is gone, so we have an emotion breakdown from the others girls.
Oct 21, 2013 12:57 PM

Oct 2012
Poor Ginka! I thought first one to die would be Luna but it was her. Deathflag was already up when she was saying goodbye to her father.

Though I guess this is not final death cause her counterpart really mentioned their soul synthesis.
Nov 26, 2013 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
Luna should have run away with Ginka in the first battle as soon as she was hurt ... but no they just stayed there watching while she was bleeding. Also I though her evil counterpart might turn out to be her (presumably dead?) mom. But I guess not. Also she died just so the evil one would also die. Why not just run away and let 5 of your friends take her on at once?
Aug 31, 2014 12:46 AM

Feb 2013
Ginka is the first to go down. I wonder if anyone else will go to? Well, at least her death wasn't in vain. She killed a evil counterpart with her.
Nov 18, 2014 1:20 PM

Feb 2014
Even though this series has always been dark, this episode took a really dark turn. So in order to destroy the Daemonia, they have to kill themselves? Geez o_o Although you'd think that they'd have either died already or have heard of other Tarot card users dying because of this though...

noooo Ginka :( sad she had to be thr first to go. Although it's kinda weird how at the beginning she wanted to run away but she killed her counterpart anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2014 9:39 AM

Nov 2011
This has become un-bear-able.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

65 by BadMeme »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

83 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

54 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.