Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2013 5:22 PM
Jul 2012
So there is this girl that had a crush on me about 5 years ago. Anyways recently we met up again in Highschool(I'm 16 she's 15) and we've been getting along pretty decently. I've started to develop romantic feelings, and I'm pretty sure she still has some for me, however there are some... complications. About a year ago her dad was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) which is a terminal illness. In the next six months or year he's probably going to die, which is very heartbreaking. What I'm wondering is whether you guys think I should continue to develop feelings for this girl, and maybe try to help her through this? And if I do, I don't want her to think I'm pitying her or something. Maybe I should just leave her alone, but I'm not sure. Input?
Yeeahhhhh
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2010
Listen to what your heart says...
If you like her a lot why would those kind of things stop you right?

xD
Aug 9, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2007
Just do whatever you'd do if any of your other friends' parents died.

Dec 2012
If you suddenly leave her side because of this, she will be one depressed woman. It could get more complicated after the 6 months.
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online

Jul 2013
Grow a pair and just be there for her. Your not pitying her unless you do acts that warrant such. If you really like her and vice versa she may need you the most right now you tool...........
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Aug 9, 2013 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
Feelings can't be stopped. Just act on it but remember to be cautious as well of your actions.

And I agree with Scud. She's still a friend at this stage so if the inevitable happens, be there for her.

Aug 9, 2013 5:35 PM

Jul 2013
You can't help her AND continue develop feelings for her?

Just do whatever you feel like.
Pikachu wants some
Aug 9, 2013 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
I'm not used to do this, but this time I'll make an exception.

You should be by her side, don't tell her anything about your "romantic" feelings yet, just be there by her side like a good friend.

Stop being selfish and thinking only of you, if you think about it, you will realize that you're only worried about your own feelings and you're afraid to lose her, so stop doing that. Understand her feelings and be by her side when she needs it.
I luv u
Aug 9, 2013 5:44 PM
Jul 2012
Yeah I suppose if she needs me I'll be there
Yeeahhhhh
Aug 9, 2013 5:53 PM

Dec 2009
I think that answer should easily be known from your head and heart, and that you didn't have to answer this question.
But since you don't know by yourself, what the heck. We'll help you out.

You say your having romantic feelings for her, and that you don't want her to think your pitying her. Well already that's a good thing. What I'm trying to say in the pity part is that, if you don't pity here, then that means the day that she might take out the "you only got close to me because you pitied me", you won't feel guilty or confused on what to say because you don't pity her. And maybe you actually really like her.

And on continuing to develop feelings for her is your choice. First, look at your feelings. Do you like her? If you don't well... but if you do, why would you not want to support her? So, if you like her, you have to support her because you like her.

Why would you not support someone you like? Unless you don't like them.
But like another post said you could see it as, what would you do if it were your friends.
Well I have another example. Put yourself in her shoes. --She likes you, and she wouldn't want you to leave, right? Especially if you like her too.
But if you don't like her that's another story.

In a simple way, your answer is like this.
If you like her, support her BECAUSE you like her.
If its fear than face that fear, to not regret it if you think it could become a regret in your future.
Aug 9, 2013 5:56 PM

Aug 2012
kurasaina said:
So there is this girl that had a crush on me about 5 years ago. Anyways recently we met up again in Highschool(I'm 16 she's 15) and we've been getting along pretty decently. I've started to develop romantic feelings, and I'm pretty sure she still has some for me, however there are some... complications. About a year ago her dad was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) which is a terminal illness. In the next six months or year he's probably going to die, which is very heartbreaking. What I'm wondering is whether you guys think I should continue to develop feelings for this girl, and maybe try to help her through this? And if I do, I don't want her to think I'm pitying her or something. Maybe I should just leave her alone, but I'm not sure. Input?

Stay at her side. You can hug her when she is crying. Hugging people is weird, but when that person is crying, its normal.

But if you just want to get laid, don't. Do that if you want a serous relationship. If you stay at her side, you'll have 90% chances of marrying her (supposing both you are normal persons without any weird characteristic which the other would hate)
Aug 9, 2013 6:14 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty much what other people are saying.

Hell, just speaking from personal experience, when I got badly injured earlier this year, I grew much closer with my friends who were all there for me.

Listen to Lupadim. He knows his shit. (although I'm not sure his stats are accurate...)
Aug 9, 2013 6:21 PM

May 2013
What's the matter in staying by her side until the end? I guess it's more like a chance for you because you can prove how much you love her. Just stay by her side, then show her that you really care for her. By the way, I dare you... If you really love her, talk to her father about it, she'll be happy, her father will be happy, and you will be proud of yourself. Trust me.
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Aug 9, 2013 6:25 PM

Mar 2012
Scud said:
Just do whatever you'd do if any of your other friends' parents died.
This.

If you try to comfort her in a "special" way, because she's "special," it's just going to come off as shallow and disingenuous.

lupadim said:
But if you just want to get laid, don't. Do that if you want a serous relationship. If you stay at her side, you'll have 90% chances of marrying her (supposing both you are normal persons without any weird characteristic which the other would hate)
He's sixteen, stop talking about marriage.
JoshAug 9, 2013 6:29 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 9, 2013 6:27 PM

Oct 2012
You're thinking more on the opportunity to comfort a girl than over the feelings of a dying person?
Aug 9, 2013 6:28 PM

May 2013
This depends on here personality. However, if I were you, I'd comfort her and stick by her side.

Worst case scenario could be that you leave her alone she thinks you're just ignoring her or that you don't care, when that's not the case.

Either way, not everyone is going to be happy, but that's life.

The last thing you want is to crush your bond with her.

Remember this, trust takes years to create and only second to destroy.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Aug 9, 2013 7:01 PM

Jun 2012
Stick with her, show her you can be there for her.
Aug 9, 2013 7:19 PM

Jul 2013
Comfort her and show her that you can be there for her.
Aug 9, 2013 7:29 PM

Nov 2009
Definitely be there for her. Especially if she might like you, it would probably mean a lot to her if you were there to talk to. Even if you don't know what she is going through (i.e. you yourself haven't lost an immediate family member), alot of times people just want someone to open up to. You want to be that someone.
Aug 9, 2013 7:30 PM

May 2013
Oh! Another point. Don't try and open a relationship while comforting her.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Aug 9, 2013 8:08 PM

Oct 2012
adopt her and tell her that you're going to be her new dad.

then have a threesome with the mother.

two birds with one stone. How's that?
Aug 9, 2013 9:00 PM

Jul 2008
Well it seems like you already had feelings for her before you knew her dad was ill. Clearly, and I'm sure you can feel this yourself, you don't like her just because you pity her.

All you have to do is tell her that.

Now, communication is always important but I would say it's especially so in a delicate situation like that. So let her know that you'll be there for her, because you really do like her and want to help her through it.

And please, if you have a good heart in you. Do not, absolutely do not, become bitter if she isn't ready for, or doesn't want a romantic relationship. You might end up friendzoned not because you suck or whatever but simply because she's dealing with too much stress and grief, and can't do it even if she likes you. So if she needs a friend, and you like her, be that friend, because that will be what really helps her, and if some time down the line she'll be ready for a relationship again, she will really appreciate everything you have done for her.

So basically, don't be an asshole. But I am assuming you aren't one or you wouldn't have made this thread.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Aug 9, 2013 9:05 PM

Aug 2012
Teach her the ways of the force
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 9, 2013 9:11 PM

Oct 2012
You should just stay away from her. ALS is genetic... she may have it in the long term, your children might too.
Aug 9, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2010
I think everyone's really got you covered but I will add, build a telescope on the moon for him.

It's a piece of cake.
Aug 9, 2013 9:28 PM

Feb 2013
Still waiting on that Self-Help board, MAL.

We've got love-torn teens everywhere and they all desperately need the opinions of the rest of the world to learn how to cope.
Aug 9, 2013 9:34 PM

Apr 2012
Ntad said:

We've got love-torn teens everywhere and they all desperately need the opinions of the rest of the world to learn how to cope.

I get enough of this trolling on Yahoo answers
Aug 9, 2013 10:11 PM

Dec 2012
Comfort her now to "get some" later

Mclovinballs said:
Ntad said:

I get enough of this trolling on Yahoo answers
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Aug 9, 2013 10:47 PM
Jul 2012
Danielcookie said:
You should just stay away from her. ALS is genetic... she may have it in the long term, your children might too.

You sir are an asshole. Anyways I'm not even sure yet if I have romantic feelings, so I just think I'm going to sit tight and be her friend for now. Thanks guys ;p.
Yeeahhhhh
Aug 9, 2013 11:55 PM

Apr 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Quickly ask the father for her hand in marriage

I lol'd.
But seriously, just stick to being a friend.
I find it wrong in more ways than one if you take advantage of the chaos she's feeling just to date her. That can wait until she's sorted her feelings out.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 10, 2013 12:22 AM

Jul 2013
inb4 op consoles her and gets friendzoned.
Aug 10, 2013 12:28 AM

Oct 2012
kurasaina said:
Danielcookie said:

You sir are an asshole. Anyways I'm not even sure yet if I have romantic feelings, so I just think I'm going to sit tight and be her friend for now. Thanks guys ;p.

Yeah, that's probably going to be your best option. If you're not sure if you have romantic feelings, then you don't have any romantic feelings.
Aug 10, 2013 1:17 AM

Jun 2013
Oh shit, Lou Gehrig's disease, that's tough..

Accompany her but don't try to open up a relationship with her before her father dies.
Aug 10, 2013 2:36 AM

May 2013
Become her new dad
Aug 10, 2013 2:53 AM
Dec 2012
waalex11 said:

If its fear than face that fear, to not regret it if you think it could become a regret in your future.

This - but don't forget he's only 16
Aug 10, 2013 4:38 AM

Oct 2009
Now is the perfect chance to confess your love, because if you did that after her father died, it will looks like you've taken advantages of her situation. You should trigger her flag before that happens or you will be friendzoned forever.

Remember to save your progress before making any decision.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 10, 2013 4:59 AM

Feb 2013
Do whatever you think is right. Be there for her and show her that you care. As most have already said, don't make it seem like you're taking advantage of the situation, because that's a bit crude. Just be yourself.
Aug 10, 2013 5:08 AM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
I think everyone's really got you covered but I will add, build a telescope on the moon for him.

It's a piece of cake.

It's still ONE PIECE of cake*
Aug 10, 2013 5:10 AM

Apr 2012
lupadim said:
IntroverTurtle said:

It's a piece of cake.

It's still ONE PIECE of cake*

Epic drum-roll guys, lupadim showed some kind of wit in one of his posts.
Praise him!
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 10, 2013 7:45 AM

Feb 2012
HKA-4M-T7 said:
You can't help her AND continue develop feelings for her?

Just do whatever you feel like.

Implying that he said the opposite?
kurasaina said:
What I'm wondering is whether you guys think I should continue to develop feelings for this girl, and maybe try to help her through this?

But yeah, I definitely think you should do that. Be careful though, she might get some extreme temperament swinging.
Aug 10, 2013 7:54 AM
Oct 2011
ALS is the disease Sharon had, isn't it?
Aug 10, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2012
Candor said:

You mean former cunt Prime Minister of Israel, Ariel Sharon?
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 10, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
Yeah, either that or ELS which doesn't sound right.

It's the reason why I made that It's a piece of cake joke up there.
Aug 10, 2013 8:54 AM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
Well if you leave her and it turns out she didn't want you to, that would be one hell of a mistake at your side. Just continue with whatever you two have going on and see where it gets you.
Aug 10, 2013 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
So you're wondering if you should leave her after her father dies... genius, I'm sure she'll be much happier if you do that.

Anyway, if I were in your position, I would try to console her, because losing your father at fifteen hits pretty hard, but whatever you do, don't tell is "It's okay". Don't even let it slip out, women hate that. If her father just died, it most certainly isn't "Okay".
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Aug 10, 2013 11:26 AM
Oct 2011
sushi55 said:
Candor said:

You mean former cunt Prime Minister of Israel, Ariel Sharon?
I meant this Sharon. Don't tell me you don't know her, sushi..
CNile said:
So you're wondering if you should leave her after her father dies... genius, I'm sure she'll be much happier if you do that.

Anyway, if I were in your position, I would try to console her, because losing your father at fifteen hits pretty hard, but whatever you do, don't tell is "It's okay". Don't even let it slip out, women hate that. If her father just died, it most certainly isn't "Okay".
Tell her "It's ok, I'm here." It should work better, I think.
Aug 10, 2013 11:43 AM

Oct 2007
Why the hell would you leave her alone through this? Be there for her whether you two end up together or not.
Aug 10, 2013 5:18 PM
Jul 2012
It seems like a lot of people are under the misconception that I was actually thinking about leaving her. I definitely plan to be here for her but... the situation isn't as simple as you think...

Basically we used to be good friends, but honestly we haven't talked in about 4 years, until recently, so basically I don't even know if I could call her my "friend" that much. She's pretty quiet but one thing I've noticed is that the only the thing she complains about is people annoying her by being too pushy. Of course now I don't want to be too pushy so I was more kind of wondering whether I should back off and wait for her to come to me? But then again, in this day and age it's pretty rare for the girl to start up the conversation with the guy... Bah...
Yeeahhhhh
Aug 10, 2013 5:22 PM

Jun 2012
Comfort her with your penis.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
14 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
27 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.