Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2013 9:28 PM

Dec 2012
WOW! This was just an amazing episode I'm like seriously in amazement of what I just watched! This has to be one of the best anime episodes for any series I have watched in a while! Seeing Hanekawa like that made me tear up a bit but I'm happy for her because she really deserves to be happy too and also he fact that she confessed to him but Araragi chose to stay with Senjougara was great! After all Hanekawa went through I almost wanted him to pick her but I would've been really upset later. Ms. Tsundere-chan is the best ^.^

Ahhh, it was about time Arargi showed up, I anticipated his arrival and he saved the day once again like the epic hero he is! Was it just me or did he seem more awesome than usual?

Seeing Hanekawa cry though was huge. I can't wait for the next arc :D
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Aug 3, 2013 9:43 PM

Apr 2009
YES! such a great episode and great conclusion to this arc. Araragi patting Hanekawa's head and seeing her cry made me tear up a bit. So Good!!!
Aug 3, 2013 10:02 PM

Apr 2008
Lil_Wayne said:
Araragi not narrating the arc. Seriously this is a major element that really added something to this series and it really showed how different the series was without the focus around him and on another character instead ie Hanekawa's perspective is boring compared to Araragi's

Prepare to be disappointed: Of the six books that they're adapting in this season, Araragi only narrates Kabukimonogatari (Mayoi Jiangshi). With that being said, Nekomonogatari White is my favorite book in the series, and one of the great things about it is being narrated by Hanekawa: Seeing everything told from her perspective helps to reinforce the elements that she's been turning her eyes from. In a story where the central conflict derives from how abnormal Hanekawa's perspective on the world is, the advantage that this provides cannot be overstated.

In general, this arc seemed to cut out a lot more narration than previous seasons, which is really to the show's detriment. I'd rather wait ten years for SHAFT to finish their adaptation because they gave sufficient coverage to every element of the story than have one that fails to convey the story well because they wanted to cram it into fewer episodes.

While I'm not fond of them cutting out content from the letter, I'm more concerned about some passages that were cut from the epilogue that deal with Hanekawa's post-Nekomonogatari emotional state. As things stand, Hanekawa at the end of the arc doesn't seem that different from how she's been the entire series.
Aug 3, 2013 10:35 PM

Apr 2013
Very nice episode and I think this ended the arc very well. The action scenes were nice enough and Chararararagi-kun did a very cool appearance. I just feel sad for Hanekawa but I guess it's for the best :<
Aug 3, 2013 10:39 PM

Mar 2011
Muninn said:
Lil_Wayne said:
Araragi not narrating the arc. Seriously this is a major element that really added something to this series and it really showed how different the series was without the focus around him and on another character instead ie Hanekawa's perspective is boring compared to Araragi's

Prepare to be disappointed: Of the six books that they're adapting in this season, Araragi only narrates Kabukimonogatari (Mayoi Jiangshi).
But he'll be appearing at least? Because if not, I'm going to shoot myself
Aug 3, 2013 11:03 PM

Jul 2010
The feeling of waiting for Araragi was like the same feeling I felt when I was waiting for Kira's appearance in Gundam Seed Destiny. :p

Awesome episode. Kudos to SHAFT for a superb animation.

And yes, Kako will not be moe. :D :D :D
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Aug 3, 2013 11:25 PM
Jun 2013
Amazing episode.. 10/10.
Araragi's entrance was so damn epic it gave me goosebumps, so cool.
Aug 3, 2013 11:30 PM

Apr 2008
Edefrem said:
Muninn said:
Prepare to be disappointed: Of the six books that they're adapting in this season, Araragi only narrates Kabukimonogatari (Mayoi Jiangshi).

I can't say for sure because none of the other translations of this season's books are complete (and a few only cover a couple of chapters). He definitely appears in Kabukimonogatari (Mayoi Jiangshi) and Otorimonogatari (Nadeko Medusa).
Aug 3, 2013 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
Muninn said:
Edefrem said:
Muninn said:

I can't say for sure because none of the other translations of this season's books are complete (and a few only cover a couple of chapters). He definitely appears in Kabukimonogatari (Mayoi Jiangshi) and Otorimonogatari (Nadeko Medusa).
He should probably also be very present during Onimonogatari, since I have a hunch that's when he 'does the things he does', the same time in which Neko White is occuring.
Aug 4, 2013 12:02 AM

May 2011
Brahraragi is back, and badass as ever. Great episode, and can;t wait till Kabuki for them interactions with Shinobu and rararagi
Aug 4, 2013 12:20 AM
Dec 2012
Poor Hanekawa, but it was predictable. Araragi's kindness was humane but brutal in this case.
Aug 4, 2013 12:41 AM
Mar 2011
after all these hanekawa main feature- next arc should reiterate how awesome senjougahara is, to at least give some explanation why araragi chose her. i feel so bad for hanekawa, but awesome arc and ending to it.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 4, 2013 12:53 AM

Oct 2012
Wonder if Hanekawa can now turn feline and tiger. It would be a waste to give up the cat transformation( i want more Nekomimi petting). It would be a waste for hanekawa to not go with a harem ending too.

Araragi big entrance was awesome! although, the way he treats the girls shows that he don't mind a harem ending as well.
Aug 4, 2013 12:56 AM

Sep 2009
Oh Araragi, where as thou gone! Thou has gone too far! I cannot see thee!

What a wonderful episode, it finally feels Hanakawa has some actual closure rather then her situation being remedied. Araragi is a worthy man, and I feel Hanakawa is much closer to being a more worthy women over Senjougahara.
Aug 4, 2013 1:05 AM

Jun 2013
We all knew Araragi was going to show up at the end of this arc, but I was expecting him to show up looking that bad ass and stabbing that tiger

pretty easy decision to give this episode a 5

if the other chapters are as good as this one has been then this might be the best season of Monogatari yet
Aug 4, 2013 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
Hanekawa should have kept the hair. Great episode with the return of Arararagi.
Aug 4, 2013 1:43 AM

Dec 2011
man tears were shed
Aug 4, 2013 1:45 AM

Sep 2011
Best episode so far! Fangirling over Churaragi-san's epic entrance. And that animation after Hanekawa wrote her letter. Oh my God!

Krissirk said:
And on the fifth episode God said "Let there be Araragi"

LOL
joori_StrawberryAug 4, 2013 1:48 AM
pew pew pew
Aug 4, 2013 2:13 AM

Apr 2009
"I'm home."

Indeed you are. If this is not the ending of the whole Nekomonogatari saga and Tsubasa's issues with aberrations, I don't know what is. The most broken character of the Monogatari series, Tsubasa Hanekawa finally gets her closure. She manages a proper confession, gets a proper rejection and finally cries like a proper person.

Outwardly, she didn't seem like it, but yeah - considering everything in her life and the abnormal way she responded to things, I stand by my assertion that Tsubasa is (or was) the most broken out of the other girls who Koyomi helped. She needed not one, or two but three interventions (Neko: Kuro, Bake and Neko: Shiro) to finally fix her life.

Worthy of mention is the long awaited return of our man, Koyomi Araragi. What an entrance! Nothing short of epic for our hero. I knew it, our protagonists would deliver before Hitagi's house would burn down and for that I'm actually happy.

The current ED for Monogatari Second didn't immediately catch me like the ED of Bakemonogatari or Nisemonogatari did, but now it's started to grow on me. Seems to be the kind of song that gets better the more you listen to it over time.
Aug 4, 2013 2:23 AM

Jun 2013
Well... If it's true that Araragi will narrate only one arc in the entire season... I'm intrigued. I loved the change of pace, storytelling and art style during this arc, so I'm really looking forward to be seeing other character's styles... If they like that. Hanekawa is fine too, I'm more fond of her art style than Araragi's. Something about the colors...
Aug 4, 2013 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
Great ending for this arc :)
Really enjoying this series...
Aug 4, 2013 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
yesss he is back guys xd
Aug 4, 2013 3:20 AM

Jun 2012
That badly scrawled "tadaima" in the letter that Sawari Neko wrote, really stabbed me in the soft center.
Aug 4, 2013 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
araragiararagiararagi.
Man, I would go gay for Araragi. What an entrance.
Also, Hanekawa's hair was awesome. Easily the best episode so far!
Aug 4, 2013 3:53 AM
Nov 2008
this episode was SO.FKIN.EPIC, i had gosebumps when the img that i linked apeared. This series and SnK are my happiness of the week.

One note, will this series be FULL COUR? 22/24 EPISODES, REALLY? if so this will be the best notice i've had this week!!!!!!!

BTW
PLEASE someone make the image in spoiler tag as a wallpaper and post here(with better quality)!!!! this is the most beautiful part of the episode =O

dadihuAug 4, 2013 4:01 AM
Aug 4, 2013 4:00 AM

Sep 2012
I thought it was going to be 26 episodes plus perhaps 4-5 for Hana afterward as an OVA like Neko Kuro. I predicted 6 episodes for Kabuki and 5 for the other novels but that was before I heard the compilation/recap rumors for next week. What is the source for that? Will that be episode 6 or 5.5 then???
Aug 4, 2013 4:02 AM
Nov 2008
hpulley said:
I thought it was going to be 26 episodes plus perhaps 4-5 for Hana afterward as an OVA like Neko Kuro. I predicted 6 episodes for Kabuki and 5 for the other novels but that was before I heard the compilation/recap rumors for next week. What is the source for that? Will that be episode 6 or 5.5 then???

i love you <3. But i love this episode more, srry.
Aug 4, 2013 4:14 AM

Dec 2012
ARARARARARAGI IS BACK! <3
(i hope he'll appear a bit more during the next arc?)

as a side note: the scene where hanekawa asked araragi to go out with her was really beautiful.

i wouldn't call the whole episode "epic" (like most people here do), but it was definitely good.
Aug 4, 2013 4:21 AM

Jul 2010
Horrawr said:
Ah Araragi has finally come through. Going to cosplay his torn outfit for my next con. So excited.

THIS!
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Aug 4, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
Of course we haven't seen the last of Hanekawa, at least in release order. She mentioned interactions that already happened with Episode which we haven't seen yet... Kizumonogatari... when will we see you? Still weird that they are doing Second Season without the movie having come out since it is part of the first season of the novels...
hpulleyAug 4, 2013 4:48 AM
Aug 4, 2013 5:46 AM

Jan 2012
This was a really nice conclusion to the arc. We finally got to see Araragi too. It was a good start but hopefully the next arc excites me a little more.
Aug 4, 2013 6:02 AM

Feb 2011
Tendou-kun said:
I don't like Hanekawa, god thanks this story is finished. I hope the next arc will become better ^^

you can "burn in your house" :u

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 4, 2013 6:04 AM
Aug 2013

^^^ *From episode 1*

Omg they did eat the same food!

*Excerpt from novel*

HANEKAWAAA ;____; SO MUCH FEELSSSS!!
And omg so that's why she met Mayoi in the first episode too!!
Aug 4, 2013 6:14 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome episode :)

However, maybe I've been reading way too much To Love-ru (lol) but wouldn't a harem solve everything? :P
Then everyone would be happy ^^
Aug 4, 2013 6:17 AM

Feb 2011
Cellsplitter said:
However, maybe I've been reading way too much To Love-ru (lol) but wouldn't a harem solve everything? :P
Then everyone would be happy ^^

yeah, hanekawa needs an harem for herself ^_^

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 4, 2013 6:20 AM

Aug 2010
Hanekawa was right it feels like a looong time since we seen Araragi. Was a bittersweet episode, seeing Hanekawa get rejected and pour her eyes out wasn't a pleasure to watch. But atleast she came to terms with her feelings. 5/5
Aug 4, 2013 6:47 AM

Jan 2012
SUCH AN AWESOME EPISODE!!!!
Really did enjoy it, Araragi's entrance was just >_______<
How he rejected Hanekawa was good too, no stupid hesitations and such.
Amarrez said:

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

>___________________________________<
Aug 4, 2013 7:01 AM

Jun 2010
Holy mother of episode

Koyomi you damn badass bastard!

Oh man I'm so speechless.

I think the most important part is that Koyomi finally said that he loves Hitagi more than Hanekawa.

Welp, Araragi too badass.

Nisio/10 Shaft/10 Well Played.
Aug 4, 2013 7:12 AM

Apr 2008
-MgZ_ said:
I think the most important part is that Koyomi finally said that he loves Hitagi more than Hanekawa.

Araragi was just reiterating what he said during Tsubasa Cat. The important part here was that Hanekawa was finally able to put aside what's best for "other people" and did something for her own sake by trying to establish herself as a romantic rival to Senjougahara.
Aug 4, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
So Tsubasa finally got to terms with herself and decided to become a little more normal in life something that was really needed for her.
Hiding your feelings isn't that bad but the need to be shown at times else things will get worse and the feelings might even come out rather violently.
Or in Tsubasa's case as a mythical being.

Black Hanekawa's agility was shown nicely when fighting the tiger between that construction site the way she moved around in it looked very good.
Shame we will net get to see her anymore, we can still see some silver hair left tho.

She was also honest with Araragi for the first time confessing her feelings, and she got a honest reply.
Some people call this a harem and from that point of view Araragi is definitely the best harem lead he isn't insecure. cowardly, oversexed or a herbivore.
And most importantly he picket a girl just these things makes him miles ahead of any other harem lead, and these are not the only things he has going for him.
Aug 4, 2013 7:14 AM

Sep 2011
One of the best episodes in the entire series. Art and direction were stunning, especially the scene in the beginning with the letter was amazing. Also fantastic voice acting from Horie Yui.
Aug 4, 2013 7:16 AM

Aug 2011
I actually feel so freaking bad for Hanekawa. I think she's got it the worst out of everyone. Things are looking up though, but that rejection looked pretty darn tough...

Also, Nekomonogatari Kuro and Shiro have been my favourite arcs so far. I disliked Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari but I gotta say, thanks to Hanekawa I'm quite enjoying this anime so far.
yamagoopAug 4, 2013 7:19 AM
Aug 4, 2013 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
Now that's a great episode! It's been a long time since I've seen a single episode that good.

10/5

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Aug 4, 2013 7:34 AM

Apr 2013
SayakaMagica said:
"I'm home."

Indeed you are. If this is not the ending of the whole Nekomonogatari saga and Tsubasa's issues with aberrations, I don't know what is. The most broken character of the Monogatari series, Tsubasa Hanekawa finally gets her closure. She manages a proper confession, gets a proper rejection and finally cries like a proper person.

Outwardly, she didn't seem like it, but yeah - considering everything in her life and the abnormal way she responded to things, I stand by my assertion that Tsubasa is (or was) the most broken out of the other girls who Koyomi helped. She needed not one, or two but three interventions (Neko: Kuro, Bake and Neko: Shiro) to finally fix her life.

Worthy of mention is the long awaited return of our man, Koyomi Araragi. What an entrance! Nothing short of epic for our hero. I knew it, our protagonists would deliver before Hitagi's house would burn down and for that I'm actually happy.

The current ED for Monogatari Second didn't immediately catch me like the ED of Bakemonogatari or Nisemonogatari did, but now it's started to grow on me. Seems to be the kind of song that gets better the more you listen to it over time.

I thoroughly agree! I'm enjoying this a lot and I'm definitely looking forward to the next arc :D
Aug 4, 2013 7:39 AM

Dec 2012
Muninn said:
-MgZ_ said:

Araragi was just reiterating what he said during Tsubasa Cat. The important part here was that Hanekawa was finally able to put aside what's best for "other people" and did something for her own sake by trying to establish herself as a romantic rival to Senjougahara.

Exactly. Araragi already said he loved Hitagi more than Hanekwa. Just re-watch the last episode of Bakemonogatari.
Aug 4, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2013
Love this episode
Aug 4, 2013 8:15 AM
Feb 2013
Nice to see Araragi again, man what's with that entrance anyway.

icantfeelmyarms' review SUCKS!!!!!
Aug 4, 2013 8:26 AM

Nov 2012
(My heart dropped from excitement when I heared Kamiya's voice!!!)

Stark700 said:

He's here. Arararararararagi:
JOHJ said:
Mills said:
Koyomi looked so dreamy,after not seeing him all this time I was just overjoyed to see him.
Amarrez said:

Hanekawa confessed to Koyomi after he took care of Hystery,she was rejected,but she accepts it and begins to cry,Koyomi comforts her.It also shows how faithful Koyomi is to Senjougahara.

Glad to see Hanekawa finally accept herself,even the bad parts.

Just an amazing episode overall,so many amazing/spectacular things happened.10/10

Kabukimonogatari is next.
VanishingKiraAug 4, 2013 5:17 PM
Aug 4, 2013 8:52 AM
Dec 2012
kitonok said:
sometim3s said:
Aaaaand the arc ends. Gosh, I loved Hanekawa's arc.

Oh, did anyone recognize the amount of Moby Dick references (esp the whiteness) during this arc?

Can you explain these references please?

Here's the TL;DR.
Moby Dick is a white whale, representing whiteness and pureness. However, behind the pristine, white is actually evil.
Basically, whiteness does not guarantee absolute purity.

Refer to Chapter 42: The Whiteness of the Whale.

And I didn't mean to use the term "references". I meant to say that the arc had a similar message and material to Moby Dick.

Aug 4, 2013 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
Nice episode ^^. Bad ass entrance from Araragi.

Loved this part:
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
Apr 25, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.