Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 27, 2013 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode really gave me Madoka vibes since one of the enemies resembles an actual witch. OST was pretty decent I guess oh and the battle was pleasant.

Jul 27, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2012
At least we now get to see how the enemy is like...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 27, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2008
We also see how people get turned into those monsters, the victim also dies during the transformation.

I wonder who is that CEO and his secretary at the end? they look to be the big bads of the anime.

Jul 27, 2013 10:03 AM
Oct 2010
k so now we have some uber rich guy using these cards for his gain. mhmm

haha artist chick got hit by a truck rofl. always hear "hope u get hit by a truck" slut
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 27, 2013 10:30 AM

Aug 2010
That was a pretty damn good ep.

I was thinking that this time since they showed us the victim she's gonna be saved but surprisingly they killed her. That was nice imo.

Well even if she lived I don't think she'd have anything but regret in her life so death would be better.

At least we got to see a glimpse of the real antagonists here. They look like pretty good villains :)
Jul 27, 2013 10:33 AM
Jun 2011
so we finally meet our enemys a rich guy and a fortune teller who give tarot cards in the street and help them become a monsters
Jul 27, 2013 10:39 AM
Feb 2008
I didn't like this episode. Mainly how the whole thing focused on bad guy and the angry girl. Thus MC got sidelined and didn't really develop much.
I would prefer MC finding stuff out instead of having most of the episode show things only to watcher itself.
Jul 27, 2013 10:44 AM

May 2013
This is getting interesting.
Jul 27, 2013 11:25 AM
May 2013
i really hope that blue girl gets bitch slapped by some one soon, she is just talking so many shit and thinks she is the only one who lost someone precious to her.

I really hope she gots possed by a demonia and gets rescued by taiyou....
Jul 27, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
Still not feeling it. From the characters to the dialogue a lot of aspects feel just average.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jul 27, 2013 11:51 AM

Jan 2011
Entravity said:
Still not feeling it. From the characters to the dialogue a lot of aspects feel just average.

That's probably because it is average...

I suppose one of the bright spots is that this show seems to have no problem in killing off innocent (and not so innocent) bystanders and minor characters (and I wouldn't doubt at least one of the major characters as well sometime in the future). On the other hand their meanderings about the connection between the Tree of Life and the Tarot were pretty far from the mark--not that I'm expecting an anime to have any deep insights about the Tarot or the Kabbalah.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 27, 2013 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
There's the trademark Ashe Ult!

(LoL players will get the reference)

In general alright episode I guess.
Jul 27, 2013 12:25 PM

Dec 2012
All I hear is "Madoka this, Madoka that." But, similarities aside, this show is quite different from Madoka. As someone who's studied tarot, I find this show to be refreshingly original and informative, as well as quite entertaining.
Jul 27, 2013 12:32 PM

Mar 2010
Amusing ep.
Makes me want to wait again nex t week.
Jul 27, 2013 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode. I like how they actually tried to describe the victim of demonia's life before killing her off. It makes it more relate-able.

yuukiwr said:
i really hope that blue girl gets bitch slapped by some one soon, she is just talking so many shit and thinks she is the only one who lost someone precious to her.

I really hope she gots possed by a demonia and gets rescued by taiyou....

Lol! I'd laugh so hard if this is what happens in the future.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 27, 2013 12:40 PM
Apr 2013
Madoka did not create the dark magical girl theme and nor do they have it trademarked. Althoug this show isn't as good as madoka, i belive some people are hating on it alittle to much (still wish the character design was different, those limbs are so ugly >>) but it has its own aspects. People die, it is based on tarot, and other things.
Jul 27, 2013 12:40 PM

Sep 2009
the main character is so weak. :/
it's the first time that I hated a main character..
I like Seira more :))
Jul 27, 2013 12:42 PM
Feb 2008
olboyfloats said:
All I hear is "Madoka this, Madoka that." But, similarities aside, this show is quite different from Madoka. As someone who's studied tarot, I find this show to be refreshingly original and informative, as well as quite entertaining.

Yeah. Madoka was actually good and kept people's interest since first episode.
This has terrible storytelling and average everything else. Except maybe OST.
Jul 27, 2013 12:47 PM
May 2013
OneMan said:
olboyfloats said:

dont like , dont watch it its as simple as that
Jul 27, 2013 1:02 PM
May 2013
Zel_Ezl said:

why do you think taiyou is weak?
Taiyou is the more human of both, seiya is fraily stuck up in her world where she is the only one that suffered and only she knows whats the best....
Jul 27, 2013 1:10 PM

Oct 2008
Zel_Ezl said:

I initially liked Seira the best, but she's coming off as an arrogant, stubborn and 'my way or the high way' sort of person . I thought she would play the cool and collected veteran of the group, but she just comes off as emo and moody. Hopefully, her backstory will make her more likeable. Ginka is my favourite at the moment (INFLATION!!!!)

Also, can we say at this point that this anime will run on monster of the week format? -_____-

OST and visuals are great. Story is still floundering, trying to find its pace. Can we assume at this point that Fuyuna will be flashed in our faces every episode for at least 30 seconds? This anime still has a great deal of potential, so I hope they pace the next few episodes better. Let's stay away from the "introduce how the monster was born, info dump, transformation time, kill monster" format please.
OmniknightJul 27, 2013 1:15 PM
Jul 27, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2011
Did anyone else think the voice actress of the girl that turned into a Daemon sounded familiar?
Jul 27, 2013 1:20 PM
May 2013
Omniknight said:
Also, can we say at this point that this anime will run on monster of the week format? -_____-

OST and visuals are great. Story is still floundering, trying to find its pace. Can we assume at this point that Fuyuna will be flashed in our faces every episode for at least 30 seconds? This anime still has a great deal of potential, so I hope they pace the next few episodes better. Let's stay away from the "introduce how the monster was born, info dump, transformation time, kill monster" format please.

dont belive (hope so) they will use that format.
I think they used this format to finally reveal more about how those deamonias come to exist now that taiyou is somewhat ready to fight.
Jul 27, 2013 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
Really like the art in here, its to mindblowing.

felt like I'm watching Madoka all over again...

Jul 27, 2013 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
"Because of you, I was able to kill the girl who looked down on me and people appreciated my painting. Thank you."

'Cuz sometimes, shit just works out like that.

Best episode yet though imo. Kept me a lot more interested than the first three and the animation was well done as usual (especially the transformations). I'm really glad they're going into how Daemonia are formed too, very cool stuff.

On another note, I'm hoping that removing those cards will bring about possibilities in the future of actually saving those possessed. I mean, I'm sure people are expecting it to happen but I'm hoping that if the possibility does present itself, that they'll start to to take action quickly. Seira's stuck-up attitude is annoying the shit outta me.
Jul 27, 2013 2:56 PM
May 2013
Neer said:

On another note, I'm hoping that removing those cards will bring about possibilities in the future of actually saving those possessed. I mean, I'm sure people are expecting it to happen but I'm hoping that if the possibility does present itself, that they'll start to to take action quickly. Seira's stuck-up attitude is annoying the shit outta me.

clad i am not the only one who is really annoyed by her stuck up attitude, in this episode the was the worst "Those peopel are weak, so they should be killed" or something along that line they said, that was just to much i reall hoped taiyou would slap her for that but no she just walked away...
Jul 27, 2013 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Call me crazy, but I kind of got a Jigoku Shoujo vibe from that artist girl when she wanted revenge on that other artist girl, and then Akari is just like Shibata, Hajime trying to prevent this lol.

I kind of want to know more about Seira, because as of right now, she is just too moody for me :/, but I expect her to get development later on though.
Jul 27, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2013
Omniknight said:
Zel_Ezl said:

I initially liked Seira the best, but she's coming off as an arrogant, stubborn and 'my way or the high way' sort of person . I thought she would play the cool and collected veteran of the group, but she just comes off as emo and moody. Hopefully, her backstory will make her more likeable. Ginka is my favourite at the moment (INFLATION!!!!)

Honestly the monster of the week format should be expected because from what I've noticed is that each daemonia that they fight is just of one the cards from the major Arcana I.e that boat dude was the Hangman and the the painting chick is either Priestess or Empress (not sure really) and its kind of how like Persona 3 does it by that I mean each major boss fight is a different Arcana that being said if this is the format there going with I can bet that the final Arcana they fight will be the Death and the kid in the cloak is most likely gonna be the Death (or the world seeing as he has all the cards in the op)
Jul 27, 2013 5:23 PM

Jan 2013
OneMan said:
olboyfloats said:

But I thought Madoka was boring for the first 3 episodes... This got my interest in 1.
clone4 said:
Did anyone else think the voice actress of the girl that turned into a Daemon sounded familiar?

Reminded me of Ayase's VA from Oreimo.

Jul 27, 2013 5:25 PM

May 2013
Hm, so we have three antagonists now: the talking animals, the boy with the tarot deck and the bossy guy (+secretary?). It also looks like they are connect to each other in some way. Now that we got an overview on how victims are turned into Daemonia, it seems like unfulfilled desires and frustration along with the cards from the boy in the cloak are the causes for this transformation. Very interesting so far!
Jul 27, 2013 6:54 PM

May 2010
its time..

dropped 4/10
Jul 27, 2013 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
This is far by getting good. I can't even compare the references now to make it worthy for non-MG fans as well. (Unless someone is here for tarots or gothic themes.. I guess this is close.)

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaAug 1, 2013 4:34 AM

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jul 27, 2013 8:02 PM

Nov 2012
I like this one a lot more than the last one. The pacing felt much more even. I liked that we saw this from the perspective of the person who was possessed, and that she couldn't be saved.
I still wish we knew how long this was going to be. It makes it harder to judge how good it's going to be.
Jul 27, 2013 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
So the antagonists get a little screen time. I also like how they showed how the girl turned into a demon. Was actually pretty creepy.

4 episodes in, 4 discussion threads filled with Madoka comparisons. Seriously people, can we disregard Madoka and just discuss THIS show?
Jul 27, 2013 10:00 PM

Jul 2012
Hamelin said:
So the antagonists get a little screen time. I also like how they showed how the girl turned into a demon. Was actually pretty creepy.

4 episodes in, 4 discussion threads filled with Madoka comparisons. Seriously people, can we disregard Madoka and just discuss THIS show?

I am even more glad I did not bring up any other references, even though it's not all "girl power" and such.

But to make it short, I like that episode so far... Same with Epi. 3... And the entire thing so far. (And yes I still like Luna~)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jul 27, 2013 10:55 PM

Jan 2011
Ginka acts like a bro but she is empty on the inside, at least that's what her scene at the end told me.
[center]
Jul 27, 2013 11:39 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm...wonder what that last line meant?

Jul 27, 2013 11:59 PM

Dec 2012
I like the concept behind the tarot cards, this episode is starting to shed some light on the bigger picture. As of right now, Akari's ability to communicate with the Daemonia is useless and she is just getting into pinch after pinch. I wonder how she'll make use of that power later on.
Jul 28, 2013 12:53 AM

Jun 2011
Well at least the anime is finally getting interesting.
To be honest I was bored the first 3 episodes, and all I want right now is for Akari to actually save someone with her powers of communication. I'm not really a big fan of the whole one monster a week thing, like most magical girl anime do. Lastly, I want to see Seira come out of that arrogant attitude of hers, honestly, she is just so annoying right now, and I hate the fact that she reminds me very much of Homora. Seriously I can just imagine them airing her flashback episode and having people change their whole entire opinion of her in just 20 minutes, like they did in Modoka. Its technically the fastest way to get some actual character development.
Rayn3698Jul 28, 2013 1:04 AM
Jul 28, 2013 2:23 AM

Sep 2011
Narutaru meets D.Gray-man meets Madoka + tarot.
Jul 28, 2013 3:40 AM

Oct 2007
Tarot card designs in the show are awesome, I hope they make cards for sale.
liavalonJul 28, 2013 3:44 AM
Jul 28, 2013 4:48 AM

Aug 2012
Liking where this is heading, although I wish Akari could save someone already with her communication skills and prove the ones who don't believe her wrong, especially Ariel and Seira.

I got the feeling she could have saved Kiyone, but Seira had to go and screw things up. To be honest, I'm getting tired of Seira real fast, I don't like her at all. She even said herself "it doesn't get any easier" so she should know what Akari is going through, and taking everything is really fresh for Akari, including Fuyuna's death, she could (and should) be a little more considerate. I also feel like we'll get a Seira flashback episode soon, although it'll have to be really convincing for me to forgive her arrogant and dismissive attitude up till now.

Interesting that Luna can also hear the voices now, I what exactly made her able to hear them too. Other than having healed Akari that is.
Jul 28, 2013 6:22 AM

Jul 2012
This was a great episode. There was fighting, drama, gore, a good side character, and we get to kinda see the enemy now. Plus there was a bit of development. Good stuff, any idea how long is this gonna go for? (Episodes.)
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jul 28, 2013 6:33 AM

Jul 2013
I think Akari communication skills will get proved in few episode

a flash back from Seira a.k.a blue ice shooter will be a good one..
Her fighting in arguement with Akari..
But she lost and missing no one know where she goes..
Seira meet the black hoody boy and get tricked..
Seira suffering and become a daemonia or wathever..
Akari and the gang fight a daemonia and realized that thing is seira through akari telepathy
Akari and Seira got a heart to heart communication or something like that..
Seira got killed by akari and feel sory she dont believe her..
Seira death..
lol i hate this stubborn girl so much XD
Jul 28, 2013 8:46 AM

Apr 2010
This episode gave some good explanation about the origin of the Tarot cards and the Daemonia.
However i thought it was a mediocre episode it was a bit to forced on the girls emotions and the unfairness of the world and the other girl.
A main vilan was set tho.
Jul 28, 2013 9:28 AM
Sep 2011
It didn't take long for my thoughts of "Aha! New characters?" to devolve into "Ah. I see. One of these girls is gonna be the victim of the week."

The nude model doesn't surprise me at all. What DOES surprise me is that she wasn't a loli.

This hooded guy seems like an interesting villain... and downright creepy when that thing comes out of his stomach.

I was a little surprised that the girl with the hat turns out to be a complete jerk and we never get a moment of "Maybe she's not so bad" before she dies. Oh well.

Examination indeed. I think these three are shaping up to be my favorites on this show.

Seira come on. I want to like you. I want to believe there's more to you than this attitude. But she's really going out of her way to voice her coldness when unnecessary.

Speaking of cold, unlikable characters, that brown woman in the pink. And she's voiced by the same person as Belldandy? Talk about avoiding type-casting.

I'm hoping at some point they DO find a way to save people who are posessed. This game of "Maybe there's a way... NOPE kill 'em." isn't as interesting anymore.

Strange businessman and secretary... I dunno what to think of this.

All in all a pretty good episode, and I'm enjoying the series fairly well. 8/10.

Also, what a strange coincidence that I go to log into tumblr and THIS is what I see.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaAug 1, 2013 4:37 AM
Jul 28, 2013 9:36 AM
Feb 2012
It feels like I've seen all of that before, thus my enjoyment of it is somewhere between 0 and 1. For some reason I had my expectations set too high and am thoroughly disappointed. This show would've been really good in, let's say, 2010. But now? Sadly not at all.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 28, 2013 9:47 AM

Aug 2012
OneMan said:
olboyfloats said:

No, Madoka was very mediocre until the end of episode 3.
.................................................................................
Jul 28, 2013 10:38 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Romedbaumann said:
OneMan said:
olboyfloats said:

No, Madoka was very mediocre until the end of episode 3.

I personally think Madoka was quite mediocre until the last 3 episodes.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 28, 2013 12:10 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode. Good pacing, enough forshadowing and explaining.

So far story/setting wise this is already better than madoka, now it only needs even better music and artstuff (even though this episode had pretty good art)
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

65 by BadMeme »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

54 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

100 by Dthomas22 »»
Jan 5, 2019 3:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.