Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 20, 2015 12:18 AM

May 2014
Yet another great episode! Good appearance of the fire sisters! Oh, and I can't forget Kanbaru! Diggin the hair! That final scene, though. Wow. And in the end my jaw was left hanging the same way theirs were.

Mar 29, 2015 6:57 PM

Jun 2014
I'm getting more and more confused each episode.
Apr 6, 2015 3:27 AM

Aug 2013
Woahh so much happenings this episode.
Oh goshh Hitagi reverting to her cruel tongue and that smile. I'm melting...
Kanbaru makes her entrance.. she's energetic as always. Araragi wanna meet her.. very curious.
Welcome back the fire sisters ! Hmmm.. I still like their hairstyle the other way round.
Yeah Karen sure is tall alright. She still gives me the image of a kid with that height.
Shinobu also makes her big debut.. the aura she releases kills me.
Soo... it got burnt down now what ?
Jun 18, 2015 6:06 PM

Oct 2014
Fma reference!
Sep 17, 2015 7:29 PM

Sep 2014
Baths are nice. Ep 3.

Plot: Hanekawa gets to stay at the Araragi home thanks to the impeccable Senjougahara. She's like a kitten getting passed around. The Cat meets Shinobu and they both learn that the school ruins has been burned down. Uh oh.

Character: Senjougahara is a wonderful schemer. Karen is so simple but lovable.

The Cat and Shinobu was an interesting pair this time. I wonder if Shinobu could take her while off from Koyomi. The talk of the Tiger gave me a few ideas on how this would play out but I don't have anything definite.

Koyomi and the Fire sisters parents are Cops. That explains so much. And then Koyomi's Dad became a Sentai Warrior. For Great JUSTICE! Wonder if that has any barrings on Hanekawa's words of Koyomi's even more infamous past than the Fire sisters?

3/5. It was okay but that cliffhanger though.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 6, 2015 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
It it seems Senjougahara was pretty jelly of Hanekawa in the beginning. Jelly of her unique relation with Araragi. Hitagi was trying to analyse everything logically but there is no way she could view the situation with the same good eyes as Tsubasa.

In other words, from her point of view Hanekawa is pure being and she is kinda envious of that. But Hanekawa is not as pure as she thinks as Dark Hanekawa is the proof (but of course she thinks this way cause only Araragi knows that both Hanekawas are just two sides of the same coin).
I really don't like what Senjougahara said there.She was exploiting her the same way she was talking about. She selfishly tried to push her farther away from the object of her attention.

The scene with Suruga felt like she was intentionally luring Hanekawa to old building, it really felt like she was only acting according to the plan, like she was doing it for sake of Hanekawa. It was nice to see her again, she is more beautiful with each season as her hairs grow. And even Senjougahara tried to support Hanekawa to go there later, probably to make her finally realize she has to do something for her own desires else she gets nothing, precisely what OP text is about.

And I found it absolutely brilliant how Gahara persuaded Karen into having Tsubasa for the night in their own house. That dialogue was just great. I absolutely like what these first few chapters does for their mutual friendship. Even Shinobu mentioned her split personalities had to join. It's pretty obvious they are trying to teach her to be proactive and lean to others whenever she needs help. It's very interesting that even Black Hanekawa has helpful side, something Shinobu noticed for sure.

But aberration only Hanekawa can see? What's with that? Some kind of her materialized fear? But that also means only her can defeat him. Possibly by both sides of one coin joining forces their together.

And the ending with school destroyed was very impactful scene.
Jan 13, 2016 9:33 AM

Sep 2015
Shinobu is back!!! <3

And Senjougahara is awesome! I loved how she tricked Karen into letting Hanekawa sleep over at her place hahaha
Mar 28, 2016 10:35 AM

May 2015
I love the sawari neko. Is this the black hanekawa though? Will the sawari neko ever disappear? HAAAAAHAHAHA. I miss Araragi, but thank god for Shinobu. I was missing her too <3
Apr 27, 2016 6:37 AM

Jul 2008
The cram school burned down? Just what the heck are you doing Araragi?

And great the tiger has made our favorite kitty its target.
May 12, 2016 10:22 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The mystery begins to take over the series.

--
El misterio empieza a apoderarse de la serie.
May 21, 2016 2:40 PM

Nov 2013
Where's Koyomi? Peeking!
Sep 20, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
Damn suddenly three of the best girls attack (yes, I really can't decide on one), good episode :3
Apr 1, 2017 8:30 PM

Jun 2013
YES! My babies Karen and Shinobu were back!
Great episode as always
Jul 7, 2017 12:40 AM

Dec 2014
Gahara joke.. lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2017 5:39 AM

Jun 2016
"Gahara-style joke" Hahahahaha!

Welcome back, Kanbaru! Waaaah. I missed her so much. And of all people Araragi can text to meet him at Oshino-san's crib, I guess, he texted Kanbaru, prolly the most perverted girl in his harem. Hehehe. And she likes to imagine that yeah Araragi is asking her on a date.

Goddamnit, I miss Araragi already.

I literally screamed when the Araragi sisters appeared. My babieeeeeees Karen and Tsukihi! And it seems like they're plotting something with Hitagi. Pffft. Their sister-in-law. Nyahaha.

And it seems like Hanekawa's still clueless that that neko is back again.

Aww, Karen, you cutie. Hahaha. You can't fool Hitagi, girl. Of all people, really? Haha. At least now Hanekawa's living with them and ugh Hanekawa's dirty thoughts while she's in the room of Araragi and wearing his PJs then she's lying down on his bed. Kyaaaaaa!

That bath tub scene this time. Glorious fanservice, as always.

SHINOBUUUUUUUUU! I'm so happy to see her again and hear her shenanigans *gives her donuts*.

I wonder what the hell happened to Oshino's crib and now it's also burned down. What the hell. What's next? Araragi's house? Hitagi's house? Their school? I wonder who's behind all this.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 18, 2018 10:00 PM

Dec 2016
I cannot wait to see Araragi's side of the story, just from the ending of this episode I can tell it's probably going to be pretty crazy
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 4, 2018 9:07 AM

May 2018
Wow, Shaft really can make us not get scattered in long dialogues. Shinobu, Kanbaru and Karen in the same ep * - *

5/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Oct 18, 2018 11:55 AM

Nov 2017
I loved the Roy and Edward from FMA sketches in the notebook xD

Jan 28, 2019 8:43 PM

Jul 2012
The Hanekawa and Kanbaru scene made me realize how much I really love this series. The art and camera angles make this show so nice to watch and make the conversations these characters have that much more interesting. I know this applies to practically whole show, but this just randomly popped into my head then haha.

I haven't talked about any OPs or EDs yet, but I'm actually a pretty big fan of anime intros and outros. Chocolate Insomnia is probably one of my favorites from this series atm :)

The Araragi parents being police officers was an interesting surprise. I wonder if they'll be involved in anything later on, even though we might not ever see what they look like :P

Hmm, even Shinobu doesn't know what the tiger aberration is. And she's apparently not stuck in Koyomi's shadow anymore for now. And then we have the whole cram school being leveled to the ground in, at most, a few hours? So many memories were made in that cram school :( Now there are even more mysteries left to solve...
Feb 16, 2019 5:10 AM

Jun 2017
Tsukihi-chan's hair was definitely an upgrade from the previous season, I'm glad they did this to her hair and also with Kanbaru. Tsukihi-chan so MOE!
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Apr 28, 2019 9:16 AM
Apr 2016
Ouch, poor Karen, psyched completely... Aww, that school was quite the memorial, I guess it's gone now.
May 17, 2019 4:29 AM

Dec 2018
Again, why do these characters know some event or information that they shouldn't have known? Like Hitagi suddenly know that the Fire Sister have an apparition on them. Are they forcing us to assume that Araragi tells her? Knowing who knows what is important. And I think that's monogatari weakness.

Weird, that Shinobu did not worry that her energy gonna be drained when touched by Black Hanekawa.

First Tsubasa's home, now the cram's school. From what I can conclude, the arson happen from where Tsubasa lives.

And I wonder what's gonna happen to Araragi.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 22, 2019 8:44 PM

Sep 2017
TIL that there is an almost forty-year running manga called Oishinbo. I liked the cat Senjougahara made out of sugar cubes. Calling Hanekawa a failure in the wild is a bit harsh, don't you think? I guess reality is harsh, but man, that's putting it pretty bluntly. I'm not particularly sure why, but I found Kanbaru charging towards Hanekawa to be hilarious. Wonder why Araragi wants to meet Kanbaru and Kanbaru alone. I thought for sure Senjougahara would want to crash the party. She really has matured as a character. Hanekawa is pretty daft for not catching that hint Senjougahara was dropping. Senjougahara manipulating Karen was extremely amusing. When did Tsukihi's hair get so long?! Of course the Araragi's are police officers. I'm curious as to what Hanekawa is stressed about right now. Maybe she is worried for Araragi? Wonder how the bond between Araragi and Shinobu cut. That Terminator analogy made a lot of sense, actually. How does the Sawareneko have that much leg strength? How did the school get burned down?
May 9, 2020 1:22 PM

Nov 2017
Alrighty, Kanbaru makes her appearance! You're guaranteed a fun time when she's onscreen! Seeing Senjougahara manipulate Karen was definitely the highlight of the episode for me.

Shinobu and Black Hanekawa in the same room? That was some nice dialogue. It was the best way to close this episode. It's kind of like you can feel the chill in the air (like Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island), but at the same time there's a sense of calmness.

Wasn't expecting the cram school to be in its condition the first time I saw this
Aug 23, 2020 2:37 PM
Mar 2018
shinobu makes her appearance. very epic. and damn rip the cram school. wonder what happened to it
Sep 7, 2020 6:09 PM

Apr 2019
Aye it's been a while since Kanbaru shown up, and I'm diggin' her long hair. I wonder what Koyomi wanted to ask her?

And speaking of people growing out their hair, Tsukihi's hair reeally grew out quickly. Like is that a side affect from being immortal or is that just normal for her like Kanbaru?
Regardless, it's nice to see the both Karen and Tsukihi again.

Hitagi's convoluted ploy to get Karen to let Hanekawa stay over was pretty funny. Definitely enjoying Hitagi's development so far this season.

And Shinobu shows up as well which is a plus. Her talk with Black Hanekawa was pretty interesting, wouldn't mind seeing those two interact more.

Ok so Hanekawa's house and the cram school are burned down now, so what is happening? I think the tiger has something to do with it, but then again we have no idea what Koyomi is up to and he did want to meet Kanbaru there.
Really eager to find out what he's up to.

Sep 13, 2020 5:51 AM

Jun 2020
Damn what a great episode they finally show Karen, Tsukihi, and Shinobu<3

It was like a few minutes only when I watched this episode, I sure damn enjoyed watching Monogatari Series^^

Shinobu was so cute I'm glad that she showed up in this episode.

I really have nothing to say but it was very interesting can't wait to watch the next episode tomorrow:>
Dec 14, 2020 5:07 PM

May 2014
A nice ep. Funny how Senjougahara "brainwashed" Karen to let Hanekawa stay at their (Araragi's home). I loved how she didn't want to force Hanekawa out but played her trump card (Karen), and "forcing" them to let her stay. LOL.

Next, great to see some good nude stances of the "Fire Sisters"
Always great to see some more fan service from the monogatari-series (which currently have the best fan-service I have seen). Also, cute to see how Hanekawa responded to their talk about her being the smartest
. That's just adorable.

Nice to see Black Hanekawa again and strangely Araragi has parted away from his aberration, which is really strange. It's gonna be interesting to see the story behind this. The best moment of the ep. was Black Hanekawa carrying Shinobu
. That was so adorable to watch.
Feb 13, 2021 11:45 PM

Jan 2010
Going into Nekomonogatari Shiro, and I'm really liking the analysis on Hanekawa's character, Senjougahara taking a more active role while Koyomi's not there, and the whole mystery of what's going on offscreen. I also just realized that Hanekawa could see Mayoi from the beginning, foreshadowing her arc of not wanting to return home, particularly on that Mother's Day. Though, I'm not sure how it works not since Mayoi is an earthbound spirit, but I assume it will be explained later.
Feb 15, 2021 9:31 PM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode once again! Senjougahara is truly a master of words lmao, she played Karen's justice like a damn fiddle just like that. I guess it kind of makes sense now why Koyomi, Karen and Tsukihi likes saving people, well not much for Tsukihi. It's because their parents are police officers.

It's good to see Kanbaru as always, I hope she gets some more screentime on Araragi's POV. I really like how there's shit going on in Araragi and Hanekawa's side simultaneously, and from the things we have seen so far next arc is going to be good if it's about what's happening with Araragi.

It's also nice to see Shinobu and Black Hanekawa interact. Black Hanekawa as an ally is pretty fucking dope.
Jun 9, 2021 2:03 PM
Jan 2016
I'm kinda liking the lack of Araragi and letting Hanekawa and Senjyogahara run the show thus far; especially with the latter having such a minimal presence in the storyline since Bakemonogatari, at least based on the order I'm going with (Bake - Kizu - Nise - Neko - This).

The way this franchise handles character's hair is really boggling my mind at this point, to the level where it would surprise me not one bit if say next episode Senjyogahara suddenly had green hair or Shinobu was suddenly bald. In Nise practically every female character cut their hair short (for what is already an overused anime trope I've never seen an anime where so many did it in such a short time). Tsukihi now has extremely long hair, which I thought was a scarf first as she may have had the shortest hair out of any of them in the last show chronologically. How much time has actually passed? A month or two? We're talking years to grow hair that long. LoL. Oh, and I'm still waiting for an explanation why Hanekawa's glasses suddenly disappeared.
Aug 9, 2021 1:46 AM
Aug 2021
It was nice to see Black Hanekawa and Shinobu getting along. Oh great, the cram school was burned down too. Surely that tiger apparition has something to do with this.

I loved the random FMA reference at 3:08XD
Also how is Tsukihi's hair so long even though it's only been a month since Nisemonogatari happened.
Aug 30, 2021 6:44 AM
May 2020
araragi been hella vacant. something big is gonna happen sooner or later
Jan 15, 2023 5:59 PM
Dec 2018
Hanekawa FMA fan confirmed
Jul 11, 2023 4:05 AM

May 2021
Nice to see Shinobu again. We have so many shower scenes of Tsubasa. Just need a collab with Sengoku now.

Aug 19, 2023 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, I like the animations of BLACK CAT, like, it all looked so cat-like or person with adhd like me
Dec 15, 2023 2:20 AM

Nov 2023
Honestly, I am glad that Hitagi, instead of ignoring and hating on Hanekawa for she likes Araragi Koyomi too, she talks with her like a friend. Karen Araragi was fun this episode.
Mar 29, 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
They are handling Hanekawa's character writing way better here than in her two previous arcs.

Also yay for another bath scene.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

724 by solodust »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

320 by SouthRzVa »»
Yesterday, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

257 by SouthRzVa »»
May 1, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

165 by SouthRzVa »»
May 1, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
Apr 25, 11:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.