Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 18, 2013 10:12 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OH YURARIN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR HAIR

That was an alright episode. The animation quality was a little better.

^I loved this still.
Jul 18, 2013 10:13 AM
Dec 2012
Meh. It was boring. The survival club turned out a shooting club. Since shooting is simple, it's boring for viewers and feels like watching someone's video game play. They should've focused on fieldcraft and outdoor life rather than shooting, and then the series would've been interesting like Lord of the Flies.
Jul 18, 2013 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
Wtf, is she going to grow her hair back or something?? At least the ED made it up.

I just love the style of this series still though.

The fight was okay I guess. Girls vs Boys :D
That new girl Rin is a badass. I kinda like style as well in this show so far.

RIP YURA's hair. RIP.
Jul 18, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2009
Jul 18, 2013 10:19 AM

Apr 2009
eminagnam said:
Meh. It was boring. The survival club turned out a shooting club. Since shooting is simple, it's boring for viewers and feels like watching someone's video game play. They should've focused on fieldcraft and outdoor life rather than shooting, and then the series would've been interesting like Lord of the Flies.

"Sabage" (サバゲ) is airsoft. There's nothing more to it than that.

I agree it's a bit misleading, but that's just how Japan is with engrishy terms.
Jul 18, 2013 10:45 AM

Sep 2012
eminagnam said:
Survival Game is the name for airsoft. Perhaps you should just do a bit of setting some reasonable expectation by checking PV etc before starting a series to avoid such misplaced expectation. I am sure a lot of people came into this series having done so and knew it is all about shooting NOT outdoor survival.

Amarrez said:
I agree it's a bit misleading, but that's just how Japan is with engrishy terms.
Well, but at least as far as I know Japan invented airsoft, so perhaps we should adopt their choice of name (like we did with karaoke) instead LOL

Anyway.... So many changes of hair style and at the end it is a short cut?! I am disappointed...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 18, 2013 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
Yura had a heel face turn with her hairstyle and personality, she's now a cheerful girlish tomboy.

As for the battles, they were pretty good with Yura actually hitting someone despite her shooting still leaving a lot to be desired. Rin is a nice character and a badass like Sonora but I still prefer Sonora over her.

Jul 18, 2013 11:20 AM

May 2009
Fuck gravity
Jul 18, 2013 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
bastek66 said:
Fuck gravity

That sure is some QUALITY animation.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 18, 2013 11:55 AM

Apr 2009
rederoin said:

That sure is some QUALITY animation.

I like how she stops in mid-air, then just flits on by like nothing happens.
Jul 18, 2013 1:07 PM

Jul 2010
bastek66 said:
Fuck gravity

I think Karila has some special hack mode that disables gravity when she needs it. So silly watching that part though.
Jul 18, 2013 3:21 PM

Mar 2012
I enjoyed the battles in this one, but I wish the girls other than Yura, Sonora and Karila got more development. So far all the other girls seem pretty much interchangeable to me, both on and off the battlefield.

symbv said:
eminagnam said:
Survival Game is the name for airsoft. Perhaps you should just do a bit of setting some reasonable expectation by checking PV etc before starting a series to avoid such misplaced expectation. I am sure a lot of people came into this series having done so and knew it is all about shooting NOT outdoor survival.
My first exposure to the term "survival game" was through Mirai Nikki. Needless to say, my expectations were way more misplaced, hehe.

symbv said:
Amarrez said:
Well, but at least as far as I know Japan invented airsoft, so perhaps we should adopt their choice of name (like we did with karaoke) instead LOL
Wasn't the word "airsoft" also coined by the Japanese? They do call the guns themselves "airsoft guns", and they did invent them. The word did always strike me as kinda Engrishy, even before I found out that the sport comes from Japan. But then, here in Russia we call it "strikeball", so it's not like we're in any position to judge XD
Jul 18, 2013 4:47 PM

Nov 2012

yeahh!! its just getting more awesome and interesting XD cant wait until see they are fighting another club or team.. XD
Jul 18, 2013 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
What's with the new haircut ;_; it kind of disappointed me she looked so cute with the long hair, even if she had a ponytail it would have been a better solution.
Jul 18, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
Finally, Yurarin is motivated to do her best.

It kinda irritated me that she didn't a thing, but we'll get to see her (hopefully) in action next week.
Jul 18, 2013 7:14 PM

Nov 2007
Survival game competition. lol @ Yura's hairstyles. Yura's too nervous, but she got the flag with the help of others. Introducing the group for the finalist, who is Miyukichi's character's ex-partner. They are indeed strong. She gave up and got scolded by Miyukichi's character. Did she just cut her hair like Miyukichi's character??

More Survival game next time. 25:44 again.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 18, 2013 7:17 PM

Aug 2012
I dislike the new haircut, it makes her look like a confused teenage boy going through an experimental phase.

Jul 18, 2013 7:20 PM
Jan 2013
NOOOOOOOOOO HER HAIR LGANLBNLBNLhbnlbnlb its HORRIBLE LMAO....

Also when they are switching her hair style Holycrap...Hairstyle #2 looks like the MC girl from Pokemon B/W 2 :P
Jul 18, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
awww dat hair cut .... T.T
Jul 18, 2013 7:30 PM

Feb 2012
Glad to see Yura grow this ep though I wish she didn't cut her hair :(
Jul 18, 2013 7:59 PM

Sep 2010
seriously? not a single post commenting on the absolute greatness and sexyness of that ending?

MAL im dissapoint.
Jul 18, 2013 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
I didn't really like the "character development," but at least she'll stop being a wimp now so we can see just how her onigiri making skills factor into her shooting.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jul 18, 2013 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
I love this scene...
Jul 18, 2013 8:47 PM
Jun 2013
I get that Yura had to change and everything but damn that haircut. Prefer the old one a lot more. Anyways, if it means that she won't be as wimpy anymore then I can live with it lol.
Jul 18, 2013 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
Tehehe, Good episode.
Jul 18, 2013 9:01 PM

Feb 2013
The whole episode was ruined for me because of the end. I'm in a bad mood now. I really love the long hair and hate when characters I like cut it. "I need to make a change. (holding hair)."
"Oh god, no. Don't you fucking dare. Don't you fucki- I'm not kidding here. Don't you fucking do this to me. You've already ruined Senjougahara and Hanekawa. Not this too. Please."
*Girls gasping* "Yura-chan!"
"God dammit... God fucking dammit..."
Is a person's destiny like a cloud moving with an inescapable flow, or can a person choose the flow he wishes?... I still don't know the answer to this. Either way, the destination may be the same in the end. However, by choosing to live like the latter, a person can live and strive towards a goal. I have finally understood those who have that are truly strong. I have but one goal; I want to become stronger... Enough not to lose to anyone. - Neji Hyuuga
Jul 18, 2013 9:03 PM
Oct 2010
airsoft = real lyfe lol damn they serious with their war games

y u cut ur hair yura (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 18, 2013 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
Well, it was a good episode
Jul 18, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2012
Ughhhh Yurako failed us all this episode.

The new hairstyle is hot as fuck though, keep it up.
Jul 18, 2013 9:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
vellieu said:
I get that Yura had to change and everything but damn that haircut.

Yeah didn't expect that o_o She remembers that staying herself is good, and instead of tying her hair up she decides to get it cut. What? And I can't believe she surrendered...Does she not know what it means to fight until the end? Well at least she learned her lesson and everything's fine in the end.
Jul 18, 2013 9:58 PM

Jun 2013
I really liked this episode. Might have had less moe than the norm but the work into the animation and detail was something I could appreciate.

YURACCHI CLUTCH THE ROUND, IT DONT MATTER IF YOU LOSE

Well, really, there's nothing to lose if you get shot at, all you just do is call out and leave the arena. So just enjoy the game, really! I'm with Sonora on that. Was kinda a lame move on Yuracchi's part, what with her clutching her glock and being overly anxious.

But to be honest I can understand feelings like that. Letting people down because you're afraid of missing their expectations. Still, now with her NEW RESOLVE I'm hoping she soon becomes more action girl like the rest of the C3-bu.

On another note check dis out

DAT FEEDBACK. DAT SLIDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQc9AZTINCE

Last note. Hope this anime makes airsoft more popular since I'm a fan of it. Then maybe it would be easier to find people to play with.

EDIT: I derped
Jul 18, 2013 10:13 PM
Oct 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Ughhhh Yurako failed us all this episode.

The new hairstyle is hot as fuck though, keep it up.
sorry but there's nothing hot about looking like a 12 year old boy
Jul 18, 2013 10:16 PM

Apr 2013
1, That dark hair girl gotta calm down and stfu

2. That MC is so annoying and hopeless its pissing me off, now with her haircut maybe she'll improve.
Jul 18, 2013 10:30 PM

Sep 2011
Wussy ass character. Ugh.
Jul 18, 2013 11:20 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Even though her new haircut looks cute, I still wish Yura had kept her long hair. :/ Hopefully her character will develop more from here onwards.

The ED is still the same song but DAMN those new visuals are too awesome! *q* Oh, and plenty of nice shots too in new version of the ED, mmhmm! *nods with approval*
Jul 18, 2013 11:27 PM

Dec 2012

NNNNNNG

Nice episode with Yurarin development and all, but I wish they showed more what each girl is good at.

Also, Hinata (Sniper) did nothing this episode.
Jul 18, 2013 11:29 PM

Sep 2012
vonPeterhof said:
Wasn't the word "airsoft" also coined by the Japanese? They do call the guns themselves "airsoft guns", and they did invent them. The word did always strike me as kinda Engrishy, even before I found out that the sport comes from Japan. But then, here in Russia we call it "strikeball", so it's not like we're in any position to judge XD
The word "Airsoft" was indeed coined in Japan but the usage there is always as "Airsoft Gun" and it always used to describe the gun not the sport. For the sport they call it "Survival Game".

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 18, 2013 11:44 PM

May 2013
Nice haircut lol.
Jul 18, 2013 11:50 PM

Aug 2010
Didn't expect the hair cut.

But if that's what it take for her to stop being a wussy then I'm all for it. Because damn Yura annoyed me this episode.

Glad that Sona lectured her and didn't just let it go.
Jul 18, 2013 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
I hope the Blu-Ray will have an uncensored version of that hot spring scene.

Even just this once... let me see heaven from those characters!
Still looking for a signature.
Jul 19, 2013 12:27 AM

Oct 2012
NOOO!! What have you done with your hair Yura ;A;

I like Rin as a new rival. She seems so cool :3 I really hope Yura will grow back her hair sometime soon....... :/

Jul 19, 2013 12:39 AM

Jul 2013
i didn't understand why sonora got so upset. haruna surely won, but not the way she wanted to.

HeavenlyBell said:
I hope the Blu-Ray will have an uncensored version of that hot spring scene.

i'd totally buy that blu-ray edition
Jul 19, 2013 1:02 AM
Jun 2008
I don't mind the hair but it will take some getting to used to, I'm more disappointed that there will be no more yura-whatever, I'll still know her as Yura-pyon though.
Jul 19, 2013 1:09 AM

Jun 2008
Yura...your hair...your beautiful hair...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????

I think I'm gonna cry. Her hair was so great, so beautiful, and she just...she just...CHOPPED IT ALL OFF. SHE MURDERED IT!

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?

GROW IT BAAAAAAAAAACK.

(don't tell me I'm taking this too seriously)

I was even thinking throughout the episode how much I loved her hair. It's very simple, but looks so nice.
FloreteJul 19, 2013 1:13 AM
Jul 19, 2013 1:20 AM

Apr 2013
Sonora is just too badass. 3 is just too little for her.
Jul 19, 2013 1:38 AM

Aug 2012
I thought her haircut was really cute.
Jul 19, 2013 1:55 AM

Jan 2013
NOOOOO!!! Why did she cut her hair? ;_;
There are cases when cutting hair is good, but this definitely wasn't one. :(

Redfoxoffire said:
I was even thinking throughout the episode how much I loved her hair. It's very simple, but looks so nice.

^This too, but throughout all three episodes. Somehow her original design just really got me.
Jul 19, 2013 2:27 AM

Oct 2009
Elite60 said:
bastek66 said:
Fuck gravity

I think Karila has some special hack mode that disables gravity when she needs it. So silly watching that part though.

After what they did in ep. 2, I would not be surprised if one day shes flying.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jul 19, 2013 2:35 AM

Sep 2012
shigerogo said:
Oh wow, it’s like playing Soccer and then sit down on the field, because you’re thinking that you aren’t good enough. Not really believable imo. Why surrendering? It’s not like those shots hurt that much, that you must be scared of them.
Even if the shots did not hurt at all, when you are hit you are out, which is the rule of airsoft I believe.

Jul 19, 2013 2:42 AM

Jul 2012
This was painful to watch.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2013

137 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 11, 2013

95 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

179 by toralbabs »»
Feb 7, 7:44 PM

» Anyone else think the OP is really catchy?

Riptos - Aug 5, 2013

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Apr 6, 2023 6:12 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

94 by Serafos »»
Jul 8, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.