Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2013 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
Oh man... my school life flashbacks... MAKE THEM STOP!!

I really want to hug Tomoko for all the crap she gets! I usually don't feel sorry for a character in an emotional way, but dang it, Tomoko just kills me with her situations! Why? Because I know how it feels to be the unpopular one! The one who spent the majority of his school life with no friends to hang out with or act normal like them! And to have your one and only friend getting married ages before you!

This anime sure opens old scars in a painful way!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 16, 2013 11:19 AM
Jul 2013
The ending was so great. I really love that J-Rap!
The episode was great as well. They did a great adaptation of the manga part.
Jul 16, 2013 11:23 AM
Aug 2009
Honestly she would be more popular if she just showed her eccentricities. She needs to realize shes the must interest one in class and own it no matter what other think.
Jul 16, 2013 11:26 AM
Dec 2009
AO968 said:
Vanisher said:
There's a limit to stupidity. I would hardly believe that a real person would think or act like tomoko does not matter how much of a recluse you are and this is coming from someone who used to be a shut in (You could say that I'm still one depending of how you view it)

You underestimate what a (social) phobia can do to you,

I'm know there are people who are that bad out there, because I've seen them in therapy sessions I took for my social anxiety. One guy was so social inept, he was crying all the time. He was scared to death about talking to people, and he was shaking in his chair all the time. He probably had it the worst from all the people in the group. Quite sad, really.

When I look at what Tomoko is going through, there isn't a doubt in my mind that she is about as real as you can get. And yes, I'm sure there are people who actually throw up if they try to go outside their comfort zone. And even the fantasizing and thinking about sex all day doesn't seem too exaggerated. If she's really that deep entangled into her own phobia, she obviously needs something to cope with (or rather, escape from) reality, and this seems to work fine for her.

I mean, who can possibly think something like telling an old friend that she was "sleeping with a guy" without doubting how that sounds.

I think the gist is that she knows exactly how that sounds. And I thought it was obvious that she wants Yuu-chan to think just that, as she believed it would make it look like she's actually doing something with her life and wanted to impress her.

Hmph! I bet the reason why he said that is because he obviously didn't experience it himself and that he could never understand what it feels of being a "hikikomori" and what they have been through.

P.S. I also have someone like that in my class, his name is Anthony and he tends to either sit far away or goes into a different classroom with a different member of staff on a daily basis. This happens so that he can be away from other people (well other classmates) otherwise he would freak out, breathing heavily if he was next to someone or went up to him.
kandiiyuutaamuJul 16, 2013 11:32 AM

Jul 16, 2013 11:28 AM

May 2010
this show is definetly my favorite sofar! also the OP song is really nice ;)

5/5

tho this show is probably not for ppl who are new to anime
Jul 16, 2013 11:28 AM

Jan 2010
Yandere boys verbal abuse? Haha, I'd really like to get that recording. And the ending was simply magnificent. I just love how much different music styles they managed to cram into OP and ED.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jul 16, 2013 11:29 AM

May 2012
another great episode ! can't wait for next week
Jul 16, 2013 11:33 AM

Apr 2007
Anime of the season right here.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jul 16, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2011
DiaLovers poster spotted! And I want that Yandere Boys CD *__*

Great episode as usual, I totally understand how Tomoko feels about stuff like working in pairs I've had that problem so many times.
Jul 16, 2013 11:48 AM

Feb 2009
I think the end was pretty damn depressing.
Jul 16, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2010
Tomoko is so cute! Loved this episode. This show is so funny but also sad at times. I felt pretty bad for Tomoko in the end.

5/5!
Jul 16, 2013 12:03 PM

Apr 2010
Dat J-rap

Jul 16, 2013 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
dat OP, pretty much the best thing about the show.

Its not bad, but its not that great either. I laugh from time to time but the MC is so desperate and idiotic its kind of hard to watch her interact with others.. awkward level over 9000
Jul 16, 2013 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
Loved this episode, got some good laughs from it. I liked the new ED and Tomoko may end up in my favorites list soon.
Definitely in the top 3 anime this season for me.
Jul 16, 2013 12:38 PM

May 2013
i liked it a lot. i laughed when she glanced up the girls skirt. xD

i feel bad for her though. but shes so funny.

and a kick ass gamer, for sure
"Living things are restrained by Chains: The laws of nature, the flow of time, the vessel known as your “body”, and the existence called your mind. The one chain that people can wield: WORDS.”

Jul 16, 2013 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
Love this girl.

I thought she wants a boyfriend only because of the popularity and acceptance thing, but Tomoko is genuinely romantic. The best part however was that she was more perceptive and understanding about Yuu's hidden agenda than the remodeled friend to hers. I hate such kind of people :L

The ending was tad cruel (the drawing of the filler character) - for a moment I hoped that the guy actually saw something in Tomoko (I don't believe she is hard to please anyway), but ... maybe delusions can also work sometimes.
Jul 16, 2013 1:17 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
MorningGlory said:
I felt so guilty every time I laugh out loud in this Anime.
I guess this Anime is No.1 "guilty pleasure" of the Season .

alexpte said:
Did anyone else notice Akame ga Kill! three seconds in the episode? There might be other references right beside them but I don't recognize them.

Surprise you could notice that.

Is that a nice manga?, I felt like reading that .

Anyway, I actually notice that pillow. It look like the avatar of the author of Nyaruko-san

I found this also:

I love all the references. This episode was great. c:

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jul 16, 2013 1:25 PM
Nov 2008
My god this anime is SO DEPRESSING yet funny HAHAHA

I don't know how is it to be like her at all, but i know a bit of being delusional and it really hurts oneself when an ilusion(or delusion?) breaks apart. Because you know, sometimes what keeps you going on are those delusions and without that all that`s left is depression.
Jul 16, 2013 1:40 PM

May 2012
Loved this episode.
The gaming and biking scene were pretty funny. Tomoko is just so cute lol.
I feel bad for her since I kinda know what she's going through having SAD and all.
Well now time to go back in stasis until the next episode airs.
Jul 16, 2013 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
I love those references, even though I missed a lot of them.

I also shed some tears at the end.
Jul 16, 2013 1:45 PM

Jun 2013
Loved this episode. the yandere boys cd tomoko listens to is hella funny
Jul 16, 2013 2:01 PM

Nov 2008
I feel sorry for her >///<
I was so moved when her friend told her she actually has a boyfriend T__T
Jul 16, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2011
Mikenzb said:
I wished the MC would look more normal, If she looked like this throughout the whole series I would have nothing to complain about.

Also No white rays of death but instead a black box of death lol.

I didn't get that reference about the mana in this episode. Can someone fill me in?
Jul 16, 2013 2:09 PM

Mar 2013
LOL Even her nerd friend is popular now.
Jul 16, 2013 2:26 PM

May 2013
I really like the the contrast between Tomoko's depressing school life and her funny imaginations. Wow, Yuu-chan is super cute.
Jul 16, 2013 2:26 PM

Jan 2012
Damn, this show is really depressing and hilarious. It's awesome!
Jul 16, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2013
Depressing ?
Nah . I dont find the pitiful situation of her sad at all . The irony makes that she seeks attention but female attention seekers are the definition of bitches and she hates bitches .....oh the irony and hyprocrisy it's quite hilarious .
And to quote one of my favorite songs refering to her situation ...
"Watashi yo moete
Moete dakishinete miru no wa tsumi janai deshou ?
"
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 16, 2013 2:54 PM

Feb 2011
Favorite anime of this season so far. So ironic and funny at the same time.

Hm, different ED every episode? Could be cool.
Jul 16, 2013 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
Lol, this girl is such a blast. And i lover her beautification inside her head, lol.
I'm really liking this show. The voice acting of her is also very nice in giving her that character.

Ikano said:
I feel such puty for her....10 times more than the 1st ep....

Is anything good actually ever going to happen to her? ;o;

Well she's still happy about that portrait. If she doesn't know the truth about it she can be in blissful ignorance.

bachou said:
this anime is just... too harsh on her.....i doubt she will get any real friend

yuu chan called her out cuz she had a fight with her boyfriend meaning moko aint worth shjt if yuu chan makes up with her BF

sad ... the girl's life is just too sad

Still she at least had a person call her. You see people posting(especially in anime forums) not even having that. Imagine being one of them and watching the show. That moment when you realize that a representation of the most pathetic introvert still has more social life than you.-_-
Jul 16, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2012
lol Tomoko is the best, and fat guy had Sugita's voice so that is bonus points. This anime might be in the top 3 for me this season.
Jul 16, 2013 3:06 PM

Jun 2010
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, Poor MC.

Dat ED song rofl....
Jul 16, 2013 3:07 PM

May 2013
Another great episode...

5/5 :)
Jul 16, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2013
I thought she was actually going to break through, being invited by an old friend of hers. I'm so sad that Tomoke was just being used QQ now I don't like that other girl at all.
I'm curious to know what that guy drew of her.
I also like this anime because I can relate to it, though not on the extent of her lonely level. She has it pretty bad.
Jul 16, 2013 3:25 PM
Jul 2012
aceofwar20 said:
Mikenzb said:
I wished the MC would look more normal, If she looked like this throughout the whole series I would have nothing to complain about.

Also No white rays of death but instead a black box of death lol.

I didn't get that reference about the mana in this episode. Can someone fill me in?

It's from Fate Stay Night (the visual novel to be precise, they changed it into some weird shit in the anime). The main character has sex with his servant to refill her mana (life force energy) because she was disappearing.
Jul 16, 2013 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
It's from Fate Stay Night (the visual novel to be precise, they changed it into some weird shit in the anime). The main character has sex with his servant to refill her mana (life force energy) because she was disappearing.

What my eyes were given to read ?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 16, 2013 3:28 PM

Jul 2010
This was epicly funny, but man, poor Tomoko is never gong to be saved from this social anxiety I don't think. Even her only friend has changed a lot. xD

Jul 16, 2013 3:29 PM

May 2013
i like yuu hmmm about this ep is the one voicing that fatty the same with gintoki i dont know the real name of the one voicing them. and the op reminds me of btooom
Jul 16, 2013 3:32 PM

Jun 2011
lol at the ending..and tomoko's fertile imagination xD
5/5
Jul 16, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
It was great :) But the humor is a little too crude for me at times, and I can't help but feel bad for Mokochii.

Oh, and Sugita-san. <3 even if he was really mean. ^-^; I remember seeing the picture he drew and was like.. "Awww.." and then the next scene had to ruin it for meee. xP
Jul 16, 2013 3:40 PM

Oct 2008
Vanisher said:
RockerXD said:
The way this was arranged, really brought out the effectiveness of the reveal that the cute drawing was just stock BG characters.

Vanisher said:
Tomoko fantasies are too damn annoying and she's too stupid.
it's really exaggerated.

Dropped.

If she wasn't stupid, she wouldn't be such a shut out

There's a limit to stupidity. I would hardly believe that a real person would think or act like tomoko does not matter how much of a recluse you are and this is coming from someone who used to be a shut in (You could say that I'm still one depending of how you view it)

I mean, who can possibly think something like telling an old friend that she was "sleeping with a guy" without doubting how that sounds.

There's people with crippling social anxiety much, much worse than Tomoko; this all seems pitifully exaggerated, but the sad part about these kinds of people, is that it really isn't.
Jul 16, 2013 3:55 PM

Jun 2012
Dangerr said:
Vanisher said:
RockerXD said:
The way this was arranged, really brought out the effectiveness of the reveal that the cute drawing was just stock BG characters.

Vanisher said:
Tomoko fantasies are too damn annoying and she's too stupid.
it's really exaggerated.

Dropped.

If she wasn't stupid, she wouldn't be such a shut out

its anime did you really expect it to be super realistic.

This episode was on par with ep 1 in my book. The band Yandere boys was a funny name. The end was also great when she realized her friend had a boyfriend.

5/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jul 16, 2013 3:56 PM

Nov 2009
Someone needs to approach her already, this doesn't feel like a comedy to me anymore. hahahahaha,,,
Jul 16, 2013 3:57 PM

Feb 2012
This or Danganronpa will be my top anime for this season I'm sure, this episode was perfect. I just want to cuddle the delusional pathetic thing. Lol at the Yandere Boys CD, it's not that bad idea actually, it might sell rather well.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jul 16, 2013 4:12 PM

Jan 2010
Suffering: The Anime continues in all its glory. Kinda wanted to see more in the style of that ED in the first episode, but this works too.
Jul 16, 2013 4:30 PM

Feb 2013
great anime and great character its funny to watch at her reactions example at the end when she put her headphones so she dont need to listen friends at problems when she fought with the first boyfriend
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2013 4:30 PM

Feb 2013
Shuhan said:
Tekakurika said:
Hey its only raws out. Or did u guys somewhere watched subbed? : o

These people watch the raws. For reasons unknown.

watch on crunchyroll
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2013 4:46 PM

Jul 2011
Aw dang. That ending sucked. Felt bad for Tomoko. :(
I thought there would be a ray of hope in her old friend, but nope...

On another note, nice episode. I want Tomoko's gamer skills... and her drama CD.
Lol@ looking up the girl's skirt.

Probably best anime so far that I've picked up this season.
Jul 16, 2013 5:10 PM

Apr 2007
This girl resembles most of the MAL girls xD

OOOOOH SNAAAP!
Jul 16, 2013 5:16 PM

Feb 2010
kandiiyuutaamu said:
AO968 said:
Vanisher said:

You underestimate what a (social) phobia can do to you,

I'm know there are people who are that bad out there, because I've seen them in therapy sessions I took for my social anxiety. One guy was so social inept, he was crying all the time. He was scared to death about talking to people, and he was shaking in his chair all the time. He probably had it the worst from all the people in the group. Quite sad, really.

When I look at what Tomoko is going through, there isn't a doubt in my mind that she is about as real as you can get. And yes, I'm sure there are people who actually throw up if they try to go outside their comfort zone. And even the fantasizing and thinking about sex all day doesn't seem too exaggerated. If she's really that deep entangled into her own phobia, she obviously needs something to cope with (or rather, escape from) reality, and this seems to work fine for her.

I think the gist is that she knows exactly how that sounds. And I thought it was obvious that she wants Yuu-chan to think just that, as she believed it would make it look like she's actually doing something with her life and wanted to impress her.

Hmph! I bet the reason why he said that is because he obviously didn't experience it himself and that he could never understand what it feels of being a "hikikomori" and what they have been through.

P.S. I also have someone like that in my class, his name is Anthony and he tends to either sit far away or goes into a different classroom with a different member of staff on a daily basis. This happens so that he can be away from other people (well other classmates) otherwise he would freak out, breathing heavily if he was next to someone or went up to him.

Except that you forgot the part where I said that I used to be a shut in and somewhat of a hikkikomori, but now I realize that is actually the reason I compared it to my own situation that was quite different.
You guys are right there's actually people out there with heavy social problems, I do know some too I just wasn't considering them.
Anyway this is still too comedic and I don't find it funny so...
Jul 16, 2013 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
Vanisher said:

You guys are right there's actually people out there with heavy social problems, I do know some too I just wasn't considering them.
Anyway this is still too comedic and I don't find it funny so...

Lighten up. Tomoko is like an exact reflection of my pit of social anxiety and I'm having a good time laughing.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Yesterday

1 by CatChud »»
Yesterday, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2013

252 by owonism »»
Mar 12, 4:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.