Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jul 3, 2013 11:10 PM

Jan 2012
i thought brock made a cameo for a second there...
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 3, 2013 11:45 PM

Jun 2011
Loli Kirino is soooooo cute! Love the series but pondering whether to watch the rest of the episode since i spoiled myself for the ending
Jul 3, 2013 11:50 PM

Sep 2012
ArcanaTrace said:
Loli Kirino is soooooo cute! Love the series but pondering whether to watch the rest of the episode since i spoiled myself for the ending

Do it! The summaries aren't enough. You have to see it to get the fullness.

Hnnnng factor 5
Jul 4, 2013 1:30 AM

Jul 2011
NihonFalcom said:

Kurumi still wins in the end.

That image would be a lot better without the fake blood.
Jul 4, 2013 3:24 AM

May 2010
Pretty good now I know why Kirino is always acting like a bitch to her brother and this is makes me think that Kirino is not such an annoying person after all
Jul 4, 2013 5:19 AM

Apr 2009
"The person I had admired never existed in the first place."

This is the story of Kirino's life.

Finally, an episode from Kirino's point of view, experiences and memories. It's eye-opening to see her backstory - we've known practically the entire story through Kyousuke's lenses after all. Well, looks like big bro planted the seeds of his own suffering after all. I'd say Manami isn't really innocent either with the way she put things and how, arguably, she influenced Kyousuke. This pretty much explains Kirino's choices in life. This episode has completed the final step in the rehabilitation of Kirino's image in my eyes.

Yes, in a nutshell this episode is the story of Kirino's life.

As a finale for the regular TV run, it's a bit underwhelming but as an episode on its own... it's very interesting to say the least.

On to the final stretch in August. All shippers who are still in the running get ready for the last lap next month. Will it be a clear win? A photo-finish victory? A dark horse twist? Or a no-contest?
Jul 4, 2013 6:55 AM

Sep 2010
Actually final episode is better than what I expected.... But still this series was shit....

Final Episode - 3.5/5

Series - 6/10
Jul 4, 2013 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
It's amazing but I hate Kirino less now ..
Jul 4, 2013 2:18 PM

Jun 2013
Well... this episode's fine... unless we know kirino's reason...

waiting for episode 14-16...
Jul 4, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
NihonFalcom said:

fap fap fap
Jul 6, 2013 7:55 AM

Aug 2012
sweet episode for me :3

and its great that there is a "Special" episode in august ';)
Jul 6, 2013 10:17 AM
Jul 2013
oh my god !!! MY MANAMI SO GREAT !!!!!
Maybe she not main char but she will be the last " boss " of Krino.
Knock down her in the past ( not gave back " aniki " ) and in future will be ........

Muaahahahahahahahhaha
Jul 7, 2013 1:24 AM

May 2012
00:12 chibi Kirino o_o

01:08 CLANNAD

03:38 Dat slowmo

Ayase <3<3<3

15:30 NAN DA KORE WA

18:35 Japan is dangerous

NEED MOREEEEE
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 7, 2013 4:24 AM

Dec 2007
Really fascinating episode. It was very interesting to see Kirino's back story and to see what made her the way she is today. And we now find out why Kirino hates Manami so much, through her eyes, she stole the brother she loved - she's definitely the closest thing to an antagonist in the story. And I always enjoy seeing Kirino's otaku side, especially that laugh lol. Kirino has grown on me a ton throughout this season.

As of now, it's pretty obvious who won; it will be interesting to see how it's done though. Even though it wasn't the greatest episode, it was a necessary set-up episode for what's to come in August.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Jul 7, 2013 6:58 AM

Oct 2012
Now all mysteries are solved??

Loli!! Pedobear approved
So, Manami is the mastermind?
This is really great episode!!
I call this background episode.. maybe?

Sairyuu69 said:
garydx25 said:
Dropped

Lol congrats.
You dropped an anime when you finished it.
CONGRATS.

Lol this make me laugh too hard
Maybe he means that the 3 later episodes in August

-Sakuya- said:
NihonFalcom said:

fap fap fap

Lol you're drunk! Go home!!
"Signature removed"
Jul 7, 2013 8:20 AM

Aug 2007
skimmed through 90% of the episode last week, without even knowing this was the "last" episode. completed it and didn't even realize it. thank god because half of this season bored the hell outta me.
Jul 7, 2013 11:29 AM
May 2012
Nice, S2 definitely kept up with S1's pace, with some focus on the minor characters, which is what i'm really expecting, though the last ep was kinda lacking. But i'm pretty sure an OVA is coming, so i definitely won't fret.

9/10.
Jul 7, 2013 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
I'm going to pretend Ep 12 was the finale not this underwhelming story... its good to get some backstory I suppose but would have been better to switch this with 12 to have a more dramatic ending. Watev. Specials out in August? Time to wait...
Jul 8, 2013 1:24 AM

Jun 2012
this anime is about incest after all...
Jul 8, 2013 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Contary to what most people commented, I actually welcome the change in mood and atmosphere from the first season to the second season. I am literally left dumbfounded as to how such a title which I had avoided watching for so long can be such a great anime.

Season 1 7/10 -> Season 2 9/10
Jul 9, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2007
huehue93 said:

Its actually manami's fault that things ended like this, if she wasn't such a scheming bitch kirino would have outgrown her love (or rather idolization) for her brother which many siblings have. Instead manami created competitition for kyousuke where there was none and actually made kirino develop a complex for him in order to get her brother back.

My god. She truly is evil.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 10, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
toxispos2 said:
0/10

funny jab at incest in the beginning turn into a shitty harem and real incest.

f*** this.

It was kinda obvious that it was gonna be an incest, so you shouldn't complain about that, and it wasn't really a harem cause all the girls only fell for him in the end really and it was all nipped pretty quickly too...... a person who hates violence shouldn't watch a violent manga/anime, and a person who hates incest shouldn't watch a show titled "My little sister can't be this cute"
Jul 10, 2013 8:13 PM

May 2013
I'm still waiting for some hot brother on sister action.
Jul 11, 2013 6:23 PM

May 2012
garydx25 said:

See you in August indeed.

i can't wait untill august!!!!

KIRINO S2 oni-san
Jul 11, 2013 7:07 PM

Jul 2008
Probably my favorite episode of the season. Also wtf Manami.
Jul 12, 2013 1:15 AM

May 2008
It wasn't the greatest episode to close on... as a flashback, it should have happened earlier. And while it was cliche, I actually found its simplicity and content to really add to the characters, which surprised me. I was expecting this to be a meh episode, but it provided the perfect explanation for the interactions between Kirino and Kyousuke. The characters showed realistic growth throughout the flashback progression too. Not bad at all.
Jul 12, 2013 3:34 PM

Jul 2012
In every episode it felt like something big was going to happen but the season ended and nothing really happened..
I feel like I got excited for nothing, like someone is messing with me. I'm giving it a 6/10 because I can't say that I didn't enjoy the series. It was really fun to watch.
If this doesn't get a proper conclusion next time I'll lower to 5 though.. Something needs to happen between the characters that will decide once and for all what their relationship with each other is.
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Jul 13, 2013 9:10 PM

Aug 2011
dissapointed. even though there was like a 0% chance ayaxkyou was obv best choice
Jul 14, 2013 4:51 AM

Jul 2011
Shirubaasouru said:
00:12 chibi Kirino o_o

01:08 CLANNAD

03:38 Dat slowmo

Ayase <3<3<3

15:30 NAN DA KORE WA

18:35 Japan is dangerous

NEED MOREEEEE

What about CLANNAD? I didn't see anything related to clannad. Is it the snow background? Is it the snow background?
Jul 15, 2013 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
That was... actually a good episode, no complaints here.

As for the whole series overall, where did it all go wrong...? I was literally experiencing one of the happiest moments of my anime life, and then BAM, stepped on my fking heart. Its gonna take awhile for me to recover from this... -o-
Jul 16, 2013 5:35 PM

May 2011
Ending an Anime with a flash is crazy but it was nice to know why Kirino acted the way she acted soo... decent episode.

They wanted to implement more romance with this second but it was all the same for me. I'm curious how this will turn out so I'll watch the remaining episodes.

6/10
Jul 17, 2013 3:18 AM

Aug 2009
loli kirino is good, other parts are meh. guess good for ppl who wants to know the back story.
Jul 18, 2013 7:00 PM

Aug 2009
OH SHOW PLEASE STOP MAKING ME FEEL CREEPY BY SHIPPING BROTHER AND SISTER T W T
Jul 18, 2013 11:44 PM

Jun 2009
im glad that they're gonna make episodes 14-16 soon, because the last episode just didnt end the series as a whole well enough, especially with Kyosuke rejecting Ayase,

although a lot of people dont seem to like it i thoroughly enjoyed the developments in the supporting cast, and how the second season tried to explore character development. it made for some very interesting and funny scenes. i wouldnt say that it was better than the first tho.
Jul 20, 2013 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
After 6 series began some moldy stuff. Compared to the first season at all dull. Put 7 only because of the goddess Kuroneko.
Jul 21, 2013 5:48 AM

May 2013
Really nice episode, I gave it a 4/5.
Watched it abroad in mother russia while I was
enjoying my holidays, so didn't really had time
to watch it more than once. It was still pretty enjoyable :3

I'm really really looking forward to the incomming 3 specials and
hope it's gonna happen. Please, let it gonna happen..
x233hAug 4, 2013 3:02 PM
Jul 22, 2013 2:23 PM
Jul 2013
I'm also really looking forward for the specials :p hope it ends well
Jul 24, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2011
Manami you motherfucking manipulative bitch... I mean her saying that incest is not good wasn't bad, it's a normal thing to say, but her pretty much admitting how she manipulated Kyousuke and brought him down to her level was just plain evil. I have a feeling that she even helped the other girls get closer to Kyousuke in order to make him forget about Kirino. If Manami herself couldn't get Kyousuke's love, then anyone is better than Kirino, huh?
I wish Kirino gouged out her fucking eyes... I hope something like that happens in the specials >:(

On an other note, I liked the episode a lot. I'm glad they finally showed how Kirino and Kyosuke really became the way they are. I always knew she wasn't a senseless bitch, like people called her. I mean just take the OP of the first season, it pretty much tells us how troubled and misunderstood she is.
I didn't think that Kirino could get any cuter and loveable than she already is, but now it turns out she can :D
I knew it wasn't gonna get a really conclusive ending for now, I can wait to see the specials.

Now for the whole show.
It was simply great. While I missed some of the aspects of the first season, it made up with the character development, the good drama and basically Kirino and Kyousuke being even better than ever before.
Those two are still the best in the show. Kyousuke's interaction with the others was great, he was really funny with every character in his own way. And Kirino is still a favorite of mine. However, I liked pretty much every girl, and I really wouldn't have mind if Kyousuke ended up with any of them. Anyone except Manami... She is still the worst character here, who's only there to serve as the moral reason for Kyousuke, which is unnecessary, but whatever.
I'm sad for both Kuroneko and Ayase :/
The otaku parts of the story as great as ever. I'm glad we could see Bridget (she and her voice are just so cute) again and Kanako cosplaying as Meruru again.
However, for me, the best part of the anime was the interactions between Kirino and Kyousuke. Even without the implied romantic parts, it was still a loveable borther and sister relationship, I'm really glad they became such great siblings after all this time :) This is pretty much what I've been waiting for since the very first episode of the 1st season. I would both love them to get together in a romantic way, but I'm also happy if it stays the way it is.
I think it's still not sure how it will end in the specials. It might end with Kyousuke and Kirino confessing to each other and getting together, but it might also end with them realizing that they mustn't do that due to moral and social shit. He might also end up with one of the girls after all. Whichever happens, I can't wait to see it. As long as their sibling relationship doesn't get ruined in the process, I would be happy for any ending.

This season, just like the previous one, gets a 9/10 from me, which means it's truly special in my eyes. I can't give it a 10, because of one major and some minor problems. The major being the existence of Manami...
I'm sad to see though that so many people gave it such low scores just because Kyousuke didn't get together with or rejected their favorite character (Like I said, I would have been happy for anyone). People raging over the implied and subtle incest turning real however, is understandable. But I don't think it was that unexpected.
Anyway, I can't wait to see the specials, I'm really hyped :D
RazielZeroJul 24, 2013 4:07 AM
Jul 26, 2013 10:37 AM

Jun 2008
I really feel like facepalming. From the spoiler bullshit other people said i thought Manami did something horrible and here we see her horrible actions which were pretty much.....nothing. Yeah that's it folks just walk by, there is nothing to see here.
Damn this show went downhill.
Jul 28, 2013 10:40 AM

Jun 2010
this is the first time ive seen a final episode be a flash back next up volume 12 of the light novel cant wait till dacember before they finsh showing the special
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jul 31, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2012
Honestly, I believe if two people love each other very much and want to be together, then I say go for it, no matter the boundaries. Just be prepared and know how to deal with the societal consequences.

Who's to say whats right or wrong when the social norm is constantly changing?
Sure there might be some relationship that I find weird but it's not my place to judge or stop them.

Now about the episode... I never realized how manipulative Manami was...
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Aug 4, 2013 9:08 AM

Mar 2010
Manami kicked ass, she's awesome ♥ :P
Aug 6, 2013 8:41 AM
Feb 2012
*watches both seasons in a few days' time*
Oh wow, this is actually better than I thought. Leaving things ambiguous at the end will surely make for a nice ending with-
*reads last volume of novel*
fml.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 10, 2013 2:52 AM
Jan 2013
Monad said:
I really feel like facepalming. From the spoiler bullshit other people said i thought Manami did something horrible and here we see her horrible actions which were pretty much.....nothing. Yeah that's it folks just walk by, there is nothing to see here.
Damn this show went downhill.

To be fair, the anime left out a few details. Most of the hate people give her is because in the novel, it told of how Manami took advantage of a situation where one of Kyousuke's classmates was injured on a trip. Said classmate shouldn't have been present, but Kyousuke forged her parent's signature so she could attend the trip. After her injury, her parents took her out of that school and forbade him from seeing her again. And the class blamed him. Already feeling guilty, Manami told him that bad things happened because he was only normal and he was trying to be something he was not. Other things that went against his "normalness" was the fact that he had such good grades, was very athletic, and outgoing and he helped his community. She went further by saying bad things would continue to happen if he didn't be normal. During his weakness he listened to her, it also gave him an excuse, something to blame his actions on. Manami did this, because she saw Kirino as competition, and she saw the things that Kirino liked about him, and took them away in the hopes Kirino would lose interest. And the new Kyousuke was more dependent upon her. Later on in the novel, after Ruri dumped him, he called her and she basically said he was worthless and that only a few girls would ever be happy being married to him. She psychologically manipulated him so he would be dependent on her. If an adult did this to a child (which Kyousuke was at the time), it would be called what it really is, grooming. She basically tried to groom her best friend into choosing her.

I can see why without knowing these things, how Manami could be seen as not that bad, but going by canon, I can only see her as the manipulative b***h that she is. My only question is why did the anime leave out those details? I can only guess that it was to make her seem more likable. Similar to how the anime tried to make Kirino appear less likable (by pumping up her tsun compared to her dere, while the manga pumped up her dere compared to her tsun.). It probably has to do with that one law. All in all, I don't like how the anime is seemingly being bowdlerized (if you don't know what this is, look it up on tvtropes).
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm
Aug 14, 2013 1:34 AM

Jun 2011
Enjoyed the sequel, but how can they left the ending there.. just like that.. even though there are 3 more additional episodes @@
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 14, 2013 5:16 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I wanted more Kuroneko, not Kirino.

Oct 1, 2013 9:36 AM

Mar 2012
The first episode of the entire second season that actually felt like I was still watching the first season sadly it was too late, this second season really went downhill, I really don't know how. I enjoyed the first season so much, but this.....I really don't know what to say about this one. There were very few if any at all memorable moments...I really don't understand how the show came to be a bonafide harem, no seriously, it's almost on the harem level of Sekerei, the first season ended with a love triangle (or started to appear that way in the OVA) but this season we got everyone confessing their love to Kyousuke, the first season was a harem, but at least the characters were likable and unique, however in this season it feels like all of them are the standard 1-dimensional characters that are found in every harem.

Not only this, but there was a lot of superfluous drama in this season, so much it felt like the writers created the situations just to have drama. I mean, did we ever really get an answer as to why Kuroneko did what she did? I don't think so. So Kyousuke and Kirino got closer, does that merit kicking your son out and forcing him to live on his own? I'm not Japanese, unless you live in Japan you really don't know for certain about the culture, but from what I know, that seems unlikely. It all just seems so unnecessary but the writers have to find a way to use plot progressers right? It's just a shame that it felt like there wasn't a plot at all, we ended the 1st season with Kirino and Kyousuke as close siblings, we ended 2nd season with Kirino and Kyousuke as close siblings, after fighting each other 10 times more than they ever did in the 1st season.

It's a shame, I'll watch the new special that just came out...hopefully it makes up for this lackluster season, although judging from it's incredibly low score, I have to wonder..... 6/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 1, 2013 5:46 PM

Sep 2009
Venom900 said:
So Kyousuke and Kirino got closer, does that merit kicking your son out and forcing him to live on his own? I'm not Japanese, unless you live in Japan you really don't know for certain about the culture, but from what I know, that seems unlikely. It all just seems so unnecessary but the writers have to find a way to use plot progressers right?

The anime skipped over the part where that was explained. There was a reason why Kyousuke got kicked out of the house for a month or so, not that the explanation was any good in the first place, at least IMO. It worked out though, so can't say it didn't help.

Nov 7, 2013 8:04 PM

Oct 2013
why does MAL say this anime only has 13 eps?
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 7, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2011
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

376 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2013

244 by Cammell »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.