Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2013 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Niita :(
I feel sorry for her

Seems like she's in a bit of a trouble and shit went down this episode. I'm not surprised considering there's only a few days left till world destruction.

Oh and Niita is a powerhouse now damn. Those energy beams and eyes. Wow. Am I surprised? Somewhat. Intense/5. I'm kinda glad business picked up a bit now in this series.

Niita ;.;

Those tears.
Stark700Jun 6, 2013 1:54 PM
Jun 6, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2013
Haven't watched this ep yet, but I'll consider watching it today if Alcor appears in it. xD
Jun 6, 2013 12:08 PM

Nov 2008
Leapling said:
Haven't watched this ep yet, but I'll consider watching it today if Alcor appears in it. xD

Alcor is in the episode.

Forcing Io to be a medium for Lum and not even telling her friends until it's about to happen was a bit underhanded. At least having her posessed for half the episode is better I guess, since we see her immense power while posessed

Thank goodness Io didn't die, and the ending is a lot better than in the game but having Hibiki save her instead of having Io float to the ground with her friends surrounding her and waking up was a bit overdramatic.

Jun 6, 2013 12:09 PM
Jan 2008
Yes, she survived and didn't explode! Yay!

It was an ok episode, just glad Io's alright.
Jun 6, 2013 12:16 PM

May 2013
Hoppy said:
Leapling said:

Alcor is in the episode.

MY BODY IS READY.
Jun 6, 2013 12:17 PM

Oct 2011
The only interesting characters in this show are Yamato and Alcor tbh. The whole Io x Hibiki scene felt forced to me and I've seen scenes like that over and over again. I wouldn't have felt bad over Io's death and Hibiki is anoying. If my life could save everyone's, I would give it so I do applaud Io for that.
Jun 6, 2013 12:22 PM

Jun 2012
Damn Hibiki went full alpha this episode telling Yamato to fuck off after what he did haha

I get Yamato and JPS have to do what's necessary but at least feel bad about it or have some hesitation. The slutty doctor who summoned Lugh into her body wasn't helping in gaining any sympathy points for JPS

As for what transpired, I think it would've had far more impact and significance for me if Nitta and Daichi were developed more instead of the focus on Hibiki's it's been for most of the season. It came off a little cheesy as a result. I guess Seiji Kishi had to prioritize things for 13 episodes. Was a visual feast though at least
HybridMBLJun 6, 2013 12:51 PM
Jun 6, 2013 12:23 PM
Jan 2008
The anime cuts out A LOT of material so we don't see why she ultimately accepts her fate. Then again, it went from the group being told that someone must be used for Lugh (and Io just happens to be the only one available) in the game to Yamato forcing her to do it once they learn she's perfect for a vessel. Leveling up your relationship with Io in the game gives her the courage to face the future and she even talks a boy out of suicide. Also, Io doesn't lose her self-awareness in the game, you just have to protect her until the battle's over and she floats gently to the ground and she's ok. The anime made the forced "oh no her mind is gone let's have Hibiki call her back" moment.

In the anime Io became the standard "chick/heart" character. Then again, she did show backbone when she said that she would only follow Hibiki and not Yamato.
Jun 6, 2013 12:37 PM
Nov 2012
haha.. i knew it.. no way they would kill io in this anime.. but i think the action was pretty nice.. but those alien attackers seem to be really inferior to the humans in the battles..
also i just get the feeling that there is missing alot of "oii close one" or "whats gunna happen.. what're they gunna do next?" or "pinch!! deathface clip.. how will they prevent it?" but it keeps going the easy way and u dont really feel like they might be close to lose at all.. even now i can almost guess how it would likely end up.
Jun 6, 2013 12:48 PM

Feb 2010
Shitty deus ex machina. They don't explain shit and then they come with bullshit so the MC can save Io. So the dragon gives hibiki the ability to use the dragon stream... why? who cares! he saved Io even if she was supposed to be already dead! He's so cool right?

That was so bad. This adaptation gives the game such a bad reputation.
VanisherJun 6, 2013 1:01 PM
Jun 6, 2013 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
So she doesn't die. Meh

Hibiki is just too OP! He gets all the strong demons.

And man Yamato is too Tsun or maybe even Yandere?

"Hibiki is mine" XD

Nice OST during the hug scene.

Oh and Alcor is just too hilarious XD
Barion-ZaraJun 6, 2013 12:52 PM
Jun 6, 2013 12:51 PM

May 2013
Barion-Zara said:
So she doesn't die.

Hibiki is just too OP! He gets all the strong demons.

And man Yamato is too Tsun or maybe even Yandere?

"Hibiki is mine" XD

Nice OST during the hug scene.

Oh and Alcor is just too hilarious XD

My download is taking way too long.. I want to see Alcor... and Yamato. ;A;
Jun 6, 2013 12:56 PM

Feb 2008
The protagonist always make miracle!!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 6, 2013 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
On one hand, I think this was the episode where the anime finally jumped the shark for me between anime Yamato being anime Yamato (not that most of the rest of the cast was much better) and the whole resolution with Io, Lugh, and all that. On the other hand, the bit with Alcor cooking and the pretty visuals towards the end were nice. And hey, someone finally tried to punch Yamato. I guess I can live with that.

I'm kind of disappointed in Lugh, though. For the only demon that's been able to communicate and have some kind of a personality so far, he seemed awfully generic. Oh well.
Jun 6, 2013 1:31 PM
Jan 2013
my focus here is on Alcor cooking and the new ED which i expect will come out sooner or later (but now? it's too quick! ._.)...
and jungo's "attack forever"

lol
dex_dashJun 6, 2013 1:36 PM
Jun 6, 2013 1:42 PM

Jan 2013
So glad she didn't die! Brilliant episode. Damn, I really hate Yamato, I wish for him to die a painful and torturous death :P. Alcor's food actually made my belly rumble.
Jun 6, 2013 1:46 PM

May 2013
I liked this episode. Io should have died, though. Hibiki's constant whining is getting annoying.
AnguishedJun 6, 2013 1:49 PM
Jun 6, 2013 1:51 PM
Jan 2013
Leapling said:
I liked this episode. Io should have died, though. Hibiki's constant whining is getting annoying.

making io die after his whines today will make hibiki whines more in later episodes lol,
Jun 6, 2013 2:00 PM

May 2013
By now we can safely assume that the anime isn't following Yamato's route, right?

dex_dash said:
Leapling said:

making io die after his whines today will make hibiki whines more in later episodes lol,

Argh! Hibiki, baka!
AnguishedJun 6, 2013 2:10 PM
Jun 6, 2013 2:08 PM

May 2012
So Io is still alive.. hmm..
Jun 6, 2013 2:11 PM

Jan 2012
After boring ep last week, that was an interesting one. Btw music was great!

Well, this show sometimes have some plotholes, but in the end I can say I realy like it. So, for now I'm eager to see the conclusion of the series. Hope it will be amazing.
Jun 6, 2013 2:12 PM

Mar 2013
For me, this was the best episode so far. I really loved it.
At the end of the last episode, when Nitta was told she'll have to die, I thought "OK, somehow she'll survive anyway. No big deal". But when I saw how she struggled with herself, I really felt sorry for her, even though I didn't like her that much since now.
Also, Hibiki just got so much cooler ;D With this great power and all.
And Yamato really is a sadist, isn't he? How he laughed when he saw Hibiki half-dead on the ground. I don't want to hate him somehow, but he's giving me a hard time 8D
Jun 6, 2013 2:20 PM

Mar 2013
Better than last weeks episode. But the generic characters really make it tough to get into the story. It also probably doesn't help that I didn't play the game.
Jun 6, 2013 2:22 PM

Feb 2011
Epic episode , and yeah what can I say , it was predictable that Nitta will survive ...

Still enjoyed it a lot , loved the OST.
Jun 6, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2013
Great episode. Hibiki's a badass!!

That last part between Hibiki and Io had me tearing up a bit.
Jun 6, 2013 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
lol @ Sakurai-san's character cooking. He sensed about the planning about her sacrifice, though. And OP not playing again. Sacrifice = trapping the devil that strong to her body?

Hibiki, who got chosen by the dragon like Yamato, trying to save her.

ED: "Each and All" by livetune adding Rin Oikawa (from Q;Indivi) (coupling song to OP), even though it's listed as inserted song at the end credit.

So Yamato will still going to kill her if she's going to follow Hibiki.
tsubasaloverJun 6, 2013 3:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 6, 2013 3:03 PM

Sep 2011
Goddammit DeSu2
goddammit
staph trying me to switch ships and ship IoxHibiki ;__;
not cool brah
JUST STAPH
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jun 6, 2013 3:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ZodiacBeast said:
Yes, she survived and didn't explode! Yay!

It was an ok episode, just glad Io's alright.

Darn it. She didn't pop :(
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 6, 2013 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
I kinda wanted Io to die so the show became darker...
Please understand.
Jun 6, 2013 3:17 PM

Jul 2010
I think the episode is actually good; Hibiki fighting "reality" and somehow being able to actualize his ideals for once. And...
dex_dash said:
making io die after his whines today will make hibiki whine more in later episodes lol
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jun 6, 2013 3:18 PM

Apr 2012
When Hibiki said "We're all weak" it would have been funny if Yamato said "No, I'm not"

Enjoyable episode, but a little too predictable.
Mike_the_GreatJun 6, 2013 3:29 PM
Jun 6, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2013
Falcie said:
I kinda wanted Io to die so the show became darker...

Jun 6, 2013 3:39 PM

Jul 2012
Uhhh I like the visuals. Everything else is way too exaggerated.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 6, 2013 3:42 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that was close, glad to see her survive.

Lmao @ Hibiki's Byakko getting destroyed by that Baal thing/demon or w/e it was, he slapped the shit out of him.

Good episode this week.
Jun 6, 2013 3:56 PM

Nov 2009
Excellent episode!!!

This was a very good watch and I was looking forward to see how Hibiki would respond to Nitta's sacrificial giveaway to Lugh. It sure was pretty cool seeing Shakko consuming Mizar like that and when it got released from control from Yamato, I thought Nitta was done for but Hibiki manages to save her. He also managed to do this despite losing Byakko and Suzaku and summons a miracle power to which even Shakko has chosen him but it seems to carry a lot of strain body once used.

Alcor making breakfast was quite comical and his character is becoming very likable and even he gets surprised when he finds out that Hibiki has the same powers as Yamato. I liked how Hibiki was willing to go against Yamato to protect Nitta and it was a touching scene when he finally reached out to her telling her that there is a reason for her to stay alive and vows to survive with everyone.

There is only one day left until the war may potentially end and I'll be looking forward to seeing that in the next episode!!

5/5

Jun 6, 2013 4:00 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Haha Alcor's food :D That was a light and happy scene. But I shed many tears for Io and that last scene. Although the white scene was extremely cheesy, it was still sad/touching ;__;
Jun 6, 2013 4:07 PM
Sep 2012
I am really starting to hate Yamato. I didn't want to hate him, but the way he thinks is really selfish, I hope he gets what's coming to him in the end, or maybe he will realize what he has done.
Great episode. Awesome powers Hibiki showed.
Jun 6, 2013 4:18 PM

May 2012
I personally wanted Nitta to die, and I'm kinda disappointed she didn't. I just think it could've created great emotional and moral conflict in the story. It also could have had viewers really question whether or not they themselves would have it in them to do what was necessary if the situation ever called for it. But instead we get the standard "FRIENDSHIP CONQUERS ALL" schtick and have Hibiki pull off some miraculous save. -_- Oh well, it's to be expected in this kind of shonen-esque anime. Seeing Hibiki go all badass and have a romantic moment with Nitta was very cool after all! lol.

All of that being said, I still really enjoyed this episode. I'm loving the way this series is starting to turn a lot darker now and I can't wait to see what happens next!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 6, 2013 4:19 PM

Aug 2012
I wanted her to die it would have been a dramatic push for everyone but hibiki saving her was way to cliche.

Jun 6, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2013
This episode was quite different from the actual sixth day in the game, but I didn't really mind it. It turned out to be much more emotional this way. It was pretty obvious that Io survived though. I didn't even consider the other option before I started to watch, so I agree that this adaption can be very predictable at times.

Who would have thought Alcor can cook? ^^
Jun 6, 2013 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm okay.
Jun 6, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2008
Much more emotionally driven and climatic than in the game, and for that, I applaud their decision to focus more on Hibiki and Io rather than Mizar. Although I wish he'd get some new demons already--they're going to be weak against the big bad in the end if they get thrown around easily by Yamato's Baal.

Hoppy said:

Thank goodness Io didn't die, and the ending is a lot better than in the game but having Hibiki save her instead of having Io float to the ground with her friends surrounding her and waking up was a bit overdramatic.

Too bad half of all those friends are dead.
Estoy_GordoJun 6, 2013 5:19 PM
Jun 6, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
I would actually sympathize with Daichi and Hibiki if they came up with an alternative instead of screaming at JP's methods. They may be an unlikable bunch (sans Makoto) but to me they're just doing their job.

Then again Yamato withholding information gets in the way of 'think of other alternatives' but I doubt he'd sacrifice a competent summoner if there really was another way.

I love Fumi's pragmatism and no fucks given attitude as always although I wish they'd give us her backstory which explains why she sympathizes with Yamato's ideal.
Jun 6, 2013 5:27 PM

May 2013
You know, this episode annoys the shit out of me. Hibiki, oh my good lord, he whines and whines and whines and whines.

He really is naive. I didn't want Nitta to die but I was sure that was it for her. Of course Hibiki had to pull some power out of nowhere to save her.

I also don't get why everyone just finds it in their power to defy yamato, I mean why does she even have to be all strong in the end and be defiant to him?

I dunno.

Okay I'll just put it this way, take away yamato, jps and such. Where would Nitta, hibiki and what's his uselessness name.. be?

Most likely dead. Yes he's a dick but let's put it this way, in a zombie apocalypse you would most likely do what is needed to survive and his way may be a little radical but sheesh at least it keeps you alive.

Anyway this is an anime, i liked the episode, hibiki is a whiny bitch, nitta is cool. His uselessness is still useless. They're still alive yet, they still seek to live on another way, contrary to Yamato.
P.S I love Alcor

Wooptidoo.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 6, 2013 5:41 PM
Jul 2012
So, Nitta decides to die for the sake of mankind. JPS messed with a god by putting it in Nitta, and it gets pissed. Our MC turns out he has the same power to override a demon's stats or ablities, or how its shown in the anime, a magician. So Nitta lives because, MC got super magic from a dragon-god thing?
Jun 6, 2013 5:45 PM

Feb 2012
I was hoping Hitta would actually die.
Jun 6, 2013 5:52 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Anyone know the name of the Track during the Hibiki/Nitta hug scene?
Jun 6, 2013 6:04 PM
Apr 2011
Yes, we finally get to see the great Benny in action. I gotta admit, this episode was pretty good in terms of action. The way the dragon ate Mizar was sweet. Yamato is seriously releasing a lot of pheromones at a certain someone ...... But it's all good I guess. I still don't get why Lugh considers Bai-hu and Feng Hua to be good demons when they are seriously weak. I wish he would hurry up and fuse a Lucifer, Beelzebub or Satan already because Baal is way too strong for Bai-hu and Feng-Hua. At this rate, we will see another last minute "power of feelings" cliche. A big fail is that they didn't give the humans powers because the animation action was already there, the data body animation. This way, Hibiki could have fought through his battles with ingenuity and skill instead of the Chosen One routine.
Jun 6, 2013 6:06 PM

Sep 2012
Mike_the_Great said:
When Hibiki said "We're all weak" it would have been funny if Yamato said "No, I'm not"

LOL
It would be awesome if he said that
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jun 6, 2013 6:07 PM

Sep 2011
It seems Yamato found a new partner but it seems also Nitta found a new rival.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

129 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.