Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 30, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hinako looks graceful this episode but I gotta say, Airi looks more shy ha with the 'belly button incident'

Action was okay I guess this episode. I mean, gotta save the world. Kinda nice to see some of the days outlined this episode. Not much time left though with the 5th Septentrion. ;.;

Badass Shiva:
Stark700May 30, 2013 11:45 AM
May 30, 2013 11:21 AM
Jan 2008
I reaaaaally hope that Makoto is full of BS and that Io doesn't die. It's possible for her to survive in the game, so I hope she does in the animation.
May 30, 2013 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
ZodiacBeast said:
I reaaaaally hope that Makoto is full of BS and that Io doesn't die. It's possible for her to survive in the game, so I hope she does in the animation.

I hope so too!
May 30, 2013 11:54 AM
Nov 2012
this episode i found the action quite boring.. i mean, it was a oneshot kill and then it just fell down to the ground nobody of importance rly died..
also that anquished one can't shut up while hibiki try to explain (lol).. :p
but rly.. i'll be kind of dissapointed if the anime runs without a single of those 13 summoners die.. it has to have something that goes opposite of succes, else i'd find it boring in the end.. ;)
May 30, 2013 12:09 PM

Sep 2012
that floating Alcor gives me a chills a little bit...

its just like i saw a ghost wandering/floating in your room...LOL

Airi is so cute showing her belly button...

i hope Io Nitta won't get killed...

xD
May 30, 2013 12:13 PM

Feb 2013
We see the next Septentrion appear and we get to see some epic Airi and Hinako action!!

All of Sapporo was destroyed! Yamato's colors show even more... 2 more days to (possibly) live!

May 30, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2013
Well let's see. I like Alcor, something about him clicks. Yamato may be a douche but the way he thinks is not totally a bad thing. Although I totally thought he was gonna kiss Hibiki.

Hopefully Makoto is bullshiting Io cause I don't want her to die.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
May 30, 2013 12:18 PM

Feb 2013
We see the next Septentrion appear and we get to see some epic Airi and Hinako action!!

All of Sapporo was destroyed! Yamato's colors show even more... 2 more days to (possibly) live!

May 30, 2013 12:18 PM

Feb 2013
I was shocked when Ronaldo, Joe,and Otome jst died easily ==' even i think one from them would be save i don't know why xD
May 30, 2013 12:38 PM

Jun 2012
The tone in the first half of the episode with Alcor I found odd first of all because the world is in a apocalypse and it's inconsistent with the show ever since the Septentrions attacked. Odd doesn't mean bad, just that I wasn't expecting it.

Damn JPs lost yet again with Sapporo destroyed? How many casualties have there been in this anime? Cities are being wiped out, supporting cast are slowly whittling away

Quite the ultimatum there Yamato...

Don't die Nitta! She hasn't done much throughout the show but she doesn't deserve to die like a lamb sacrifice
May 30, 2013 12:52 PM

Apr 2009
Imo the best episode so far. I actually liked that the battle was rushed in favour of the other scenes with interesting dialogue. Nice cliffhanger, though I don't really care what will happen to Nitta (or anyone except Hibiki, Yamato and Alcor).
May 30, 2013 12:58 PM
Jan 2013
this is more to humor and "dull talk" rather than action, probably made to cover the lack of action, meh.

Too bad the one entering is not makoto, need to see the hillarious part "Pervert!" :P

Belly Button!

and I unintentionally laughed at Yamato's "I' shall bring you into submission" part, lol
May 30, 2013 1:05 PM
Jul 2012
Maybe someone who's played the game can answer this.

Why do Hibiki and many others seem to view Yamato as such a villian? I mean, his core ideal - that the competent should rule - is something pretty much everyone agrees with, if not in words at least in practice (You don't see many people arguing for doctors and engineers should be chosen democratically). (I'm also assuming that his willingness to sacrifice *many* people is basically pragmatic, if somewhat cruel)
May 30, 2013 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
I really hope that Io will survive the ritual even though given her current state of mind, it's very unlikely to happen.

I don't know why but I have a feeling they're following Alcor's route.
May 30, 2013 1:09 PM
Jan 2013
cuntologics said:
Well let's see. I like Alcor, something about him clicks. Yamato may be a douche but the way he thinks is not totally a bad thing. Although I totally thought he was gonna kiss Hibiki.

Hopefully Makoto is bullshiting Io cause I don't want her to die.

What Yamato says about "making Hibiki into submissive" isn't make it better actually lol
May 30, 2013 1:42 PM

Nov 2012
Neon Genesis Evangelion :)

May 30, 2013 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
Alcor is a fun guy to talk with XD Really liked him here.

Airi belly Button! Kawaiii >_< <3 XD

Yamato is still BA! Love his cold attitude :)

Time for drama since Io shall be sacrificed :P
Barion-ZaraMay 30, 2013 2:12 PM
May 30, 2013 1:46 PM

Jan 2013
Alcor floating and then trying to walk in the first half really made me laugh.

Damn, that last line, now I can't wait for the next episode to see whether Io dies or not! I hope she doesn't though.
May 30, 2013 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
CallMeIshmael said:

Why do Hibiki and many others seem to view Yamato as such a villian? I mean, his core ideal - that the competent should rule - is something pretty much everyone agrees with, if not in words at least in practice (You don't see many people arguing for doctors and engineers should be chosen democratically). (I'm also assuming that his willingness to sacrifice *many* people is basically pragmatic, if somewhat cruel)

In game, Hibiki & Others didn't do that [except Ronaldo]. Yamato was good enough and he smirks a lot. Even he had an stupid idealism............ If you take Yamato route. and ya had a bad ending lol. xD
May 30, 2013 2:05 PM
Feb 2013
I actually really liked that they didn't overdo the action this time, had some more talk to explain everything.
I like Io, but I wouldn't hate the series for killing her...I guess I'd just like it even more since it would bring the plot forward
Check out my Blog on Wordpress: http://korisanime.wordpress.com/
May 30, 2013 2:09 PM

Feb 2011
No OP , no ED. This ep was great , wish they will keep up this pace and thish show might get a 9 from me.
May 30, 2013 2:15 PM

May 2013
Good episode. Let's all hope that Io won't have to die.
May 30, 2013 2:26 PM
Jan 2013
Neon Genesis Evangelion type Septentrion xD. Rly Though Yamato was gona kiss Hibiki, also when does Hibiki blush??? Io being sacrificed rly is Bs :/
May 30, 2013 3:08 PM

Nov 2007
No OP, though interesting conversation until those two appears (lol).

Asumi-san's character and that character that almost died in Kyoto pairs up, who are suitable for fighting the enemy this time to Sapporo. Long range attack... Even though core is dead fast, the corpse doesn't just get disappear and is destroyed the city with the people!

How the true intention is revealed is ... so two more days?

How fast that girl's going to be sacrificed!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 30, 2013 3:12 PM
Aug 2011
I fell asleep thrice.
May 30, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao Yamato wants to create some N.W.O stuff, control the world and shiz, gl with that.

Really hope Nitta survives.
May 30, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2013
I really liked this episode! While I love action, it was nice to slow things down so we could get more information. On a side note, Alcor is really beginning to grow on me!
May 30, 2013 3:27 PM

May 2013
Alcor seems like a fun guy to have around. Yamato's plan is finally revealed and it doesn't look like anybody approves of it. I am not sure, but I remembered the summoning of Shiva and Kama to be a lot funnier in the game, especially Airi's reaction. I just hope they can avoid Io's death clip in the next episode.
May 30, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2013
CallMeIshmael said:

In his world, the weak gets discriminated against. So, basically if you don't contribute to society, you will get picked on. Basically its like survival of the fittest. Ronaldo wants to stop it and instead create a world of equality rather than a merit society.
May 30, 2013 3:34 PM

Aug 2012
SasoriUzumaki said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion :)
I was thinking the same thing the whole episode, Also

May 30, 2013 3:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
WingsOfValor said:
Alcor seems like a fun guy to have around.

I'm liking him more and more! I really liked the tone in the beginning with Hibiki and Aclor's conversation. It was quite interesting. He and Hibiki do seem to get a long pretty well X) especially when Hibiki was trying to explain to Daichi and Io that that Alcor is not a bad guy. I also found the part where Alcor was trying to walk pretty funny. Aside from that, the summoning of the two demons was pretty cool, but really brief so feels kind of anti-climatic? And wtf did Makoto just say to Io? Doesn't matter if Io will die or not, you can't just say that kind of shit. That dinner was awkward btw.
May 30, 2013 4:40 PM

Mar 2012
Basically, Rolando's communist ideal versus Yamato's Capitalist ideal.
None of it matter if they can't beat Polaris or whatever is final boss.

I can't believe everyone is avoiding Hibiki's sexual orientation like the elephant in the room. After this episode, it is pretty dam clear.
May 30, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
Awesome episode, no "important" deaths for a change.

Cant wait for next week, hopefully Nitta wont die.
May 30, 2013 5:48 PM

Oct 2009
I... I don't mind if Hibiki and Yamato kiss... XD

... Anyway, well, that was quite quick!

Kama and Shiva already summoned (does that mean Hinako and Airi got them as their demons?) and Alioth is down with one swooop!!
Kinda disappointing since there were no conversation between them...
I like how Hinako and Airi interact. :)

Onward to tomorrow (and the most annoying Septentriones) !
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
May 30, 2013 6:17 PM
Oct 2009
leeo268 said:
Basically, Rolando's communist ideal versus Yamato's Capitalist ideal.
None of it matter if they can't beat Polaris or whatever is final boss.

That would be an oversimplification. Ronaldo hasn't shown an extreme ideology such as Yamato's, he simply wants everyone to survive (you might argue that it's a "temporary communism", but really, it makes no sense to discuss economic systems in this context) and prevent Yamato from doing what he wants after everything's ended. He's more of a conservative than a revolutionary of any sort. Yamato, on the other hand, wants an even purer ideal than the liberal notion of meritocracy; one which transcends money and political power.
May 30, 2013 6:44 PM

Jan 2011
D: killing Alioth was too quick.

Lol Io's going to die next ep? pffft please, if that happened, whats going to happen to Hibiki? despair maybe .___. Whats the path hes going to take then!? god dammit!

-tableflips-
May 30, 2013 6:51 PM

Nov 2011
Why didn't they explain about Shiva and Kama summoning? It will be more interesting if people know they are actually reenacting a myth.

Oh well, the talk with Alcor at the beginning was quite interesting. Not enough to make up for the lack of interaction with him for the past few episodes though.

I wonder if Nitta will die or not, she didn't die in my play through but things can always change.

May 30, 2013 7:16 PM

Apr 2013
This episode feels like bromance lol

HibikixAlcor or HibikixYamato

Who will you choose? xD
May 30, 2013 7:30 PM
Jan 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
Why didn't they explain about Shiva and Kama summoning? It will be more interesting if people know they are actually reenacting a myth.

Oh well, the talk with Alcor at the beginning was quite interesting. Not enough to make up for the lack of interaction with him for the past few episodes though.

I wonder if Nitta will die or not, she didn't die in my play through but things can always change.

Yamato did explain, by saying "Human hands shall recreate the myth"...

Waruineko said:
This episode feels like bromance lol

HibikixAlcor or HibikixYamato

Who will you choose? xD

apparently, this is the "Choice" this anime's description implies lol

"While Japan is in a desperate situation, you must choose a crucial decision for your OTP, whether it will be Himato or Hi-cor" :P
May 30, 2013 7:31 PM

Dec 2011
Is just me, or there is a similarity between the angel of N.G.Evangelion and the septentrions.

I mean, leaving Alcor aside, all the septentions powers and "abilities" seem very similar to those of the Angels in Evangelion---
May 30, 2013 7:36 PM
Oct 2009
Zaraquiel99 said:
Is just me, or there is a similarity between the angel of N.G.Evangelion and the septentrions.

I mean, leaving Alcor aside, all the septentions powers and "abilities" seem very similar to those of the Angels in Evangelion---

You don't even have to leave Alcor aside, just think of Kaworu.
May 30, 2013 7:57 PM

Mar 2013
It's sad that they cut out all the fun stuffs in the game and replace it with more emo moments D:

And they yaoi's feel in this place is strong.
May 30, 2013 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
CallMeIshmael said:

I haven't played the game, but anime-Yamato doesn't seem to view these actions as sacrifices but rather collateral damage. A sacrifice is giving up something you value, whether it be your possessions, your life, or the lives of others (if you value human life.) In Yamato's worldview, the competent (read: exceptional and gifted) will dominate and the weak either keep up or perish. As he said, he never once considered this a burden. This is neither the system we have now, nor the system that people pretty much agree with.

Humans do not cull the weak. Our major advances in technology have made it easier for the weakest among us to survive and multiply. One does not need to be especially talented to live a long and full life; one does not need to exhibit any particular talent to be success. Talent, it needs to be understood, is not skill in this context. A competent doctor is not a talented doctor. Yamato's view point is that the truly exceptional people should create the world to their own standards (with himself being the most exceptional person of all) with no regard as to how this new world condemns those not born with talent to live as trash.

And that's kind of a problem for most people--because even the gifted and talented amongst us who would benefit greatly from a system like that know and care for plenty of people who would suffer in such a system.
May 30, 2013 8:20 PM

Oct 2009
Zaraquiel99 said:

Isn't it because one of the septentriones' (Alioth) designer is one of Angels' designer?

What made Yamato's action seems harsher this ep is that when Alioth's body fall, in game Sapphoro is already deserted, which is different from the anime. :/
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
May 30, 2013 8:49 PM
Jul 2012
In the context of the show - the world possibly being not just destroyed, but erased - it's basically a situation where worldwide triage is necessary to preserve *anything*.

With that in mind, and clarifying my statement "I'm also assuming 1) that his treatment of *many* people as collateral damage is basically pragmatic, if somewhat cruel, 2) he isn't allowing it to happen *just* to create his NWO, and 3) his NWO "utopia" is not just the "exceptional" making self-serving decisions."

He seems like a decent guy, at least fairly unbiased and disgusted at the corrupt politicians. I'm just not willing to consider him a villain for doing something *many* successful generals have done with far less at stake. (Edit) Consider that science, basically the purest form of meritocracy that has been created, has enabled the technology that improved everyone's lives, and he basically becomes a dark messiah.(EndEdit)

TL;DR, I'm okay with him not providing a social safety net, I'm not okay with him not allowing said net.

(also, thanks @eroerogunso for that info)
CallMeIshmaelMay 30, 2013 10:08 PM
May 30, 2013 8:58 PM

May 2010
Yamato is one cold SOB.
May 30, 2013 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode this time
May 30, 2013 11:41 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty rushed, and fujoshit pandering.

CallMeIshmael said:

Because he's cold and "cruel". Basically they are stupid, when i was playing the game i remember thinking "why is no one grateful to yamato for saving their asses? they couldn't have done it without him".

Hibiki doesn't have a set personality in the game though, so you can choose to agree with him. Other than that only Fumi and Keita (who died in the anime) agreed with Yamato.
May 30, 2013 11:45 PM

May 2010
All I could see was Yamato x Hibiki in this episode.

Is it just me or Nitta said "Bakoto-san" instead of "Makoto-san" in the end?
May 30, 2013 11:58 PM

May 2013
This episode is entirely good, but the action is just too little... We need more action than talk eheheh.
Besides that, this is like a episode full of fanservice? It's like Hibiki, Alcor, & Yamato are homos when they are not doing so? XD

I can't wait to see how it'll turn out! 2 days left~~
(omg I'm growing fond of Kuze Hibiki--)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

129 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.